Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'11 and wanting to do Leg Lengthening?  (Read 10256 times)

thruzuul

• Visitor
5'11 and wanting to do Leg Lengthening?
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:20:21 PM »

Hello all,

I'm currently 17 years old (going on 18 this month) and I've been really eager to go through with the procedure of leg lengthening. My current height is 180cm, and I was thinking of going for 7.5cm's. I have very large features which wouldn't affect how I looked i.e. size 13 UK shoe size, very long arms, very big hands etc.

My questions to those who have experienced or are knowledgeable of leg lengthening is:

1. Is 7.5cm's achievable for my height?
2. If yes, will I be able to do everything athletic-wise that I can do right now?
3. How do people save up the money to do Leg Lengthening?
4. How safe exactly is it to go to places such as India for Leg Lengthening?

Thank you for viewing!!!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: 5'11 and wanting to do Leg Lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »

1.Yes
2.Not as good as you could do it pre-LL
3.They have a job
4.It's okay if you know which doctor is good.

And i don't know your reasons behind going for LL but you are freakin 5'11.... just what the hell man.

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »

@YourSpaceBoyfriend

Thanks for the fast reply, it means a lot!

The reason for my interest in the leg lengthening is just so I can be 6'2, it's the perfect height that I've always dreamed of, practically, I guess you could just say I'm not really comfortable at the height I am right now

Thanks again

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »

One operation should be enough, being 6 1" is more than enough.
Budget will determine my future.

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »

@onemorefoot

Thanks for the fast reply,

What do you think is the largest, but safest amount of cm's for lengthening?

Thanks

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »

And you think few additional cm are worth at least 30k?

Why aren't you comfortable at your current height?

@onemorefoot

Thanks for the fast reply,

What do you think is the largest, but safest amount of cm's for lengthening?

Thanks

6cm max for femurs, 5cm for tibias.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 09:35:18 PM »

One operation should be enough, being 6 1" is more than enough.

No it's not... It's still shorter than the hemsworth brothers... Anything below 6'3 (shorter than them) is not tall enough.

OP you are a teen... A tall teen (unless you are from the netherlands)... Don't waste your energy on teen insecurities...
I learned some stuff during this time

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 09:40:35 PM »

And you think few additional cm are worth at least 30k?

Why aren't you comfortable at your current height?

6cm max for femurs, 5cm for tibias.

I wouldn't plan on getting it done now, but possibly in the years to come... I'm honestly not too sure why I'm not comfortable at my height - possibly because the college I'm at is full of quite tall people and I'm quite sick of being looked down upon, I do feel that there is a lot of heightism. I guess I like the idea of being tall! Thanks for the recommended height

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »

No it's not... It's still shorter than the hemsworth brothers... Anything below 6'3 (shorter than them) is not tall enough.

OP you are a teen... A tall teen (unless you are from the netherlands)... Don't waste your energy on teen insecurities...

I'm from the UK! Thank you for the reassurance, however I do have a question. What would you say is the best age to have leg lengthening performed on a person?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 09:45:15 PM »

I wouldn't plan on getting it done now, but possibly in the years to come... I'm honestly not too sure why I'm not comfortable at my height - possibly because the college I'm at is full of quite tall people and I'm quite sick of being looked down upon, I do feel that there is a lot of heightism. I guess I like the idea of being tall! Thanks for the recommended height

I kinda agree with Tibike, don't waste your youth for silly insecurity. You have great height and tbh you are in the perfect spot, you are above average and you still can fit in most cars/clothes etc.

I'm 2 years older than you and 5'5(166cm) and trust me... it could be waaay worse. I would do almost anything for your height.

If you really are uncomfortable with yourself go to shrink and just talk, don't be afraid it helps. And for that 30k you can buy pretty nice car or whatever you would want.

Limb lengthening even for people that are short stature like me is a last resort, and i hope you will remember that.

Good luck.

I'm from the UK! Thank you for the reassurance, however I do have a question. What would you say is the best age to have leg lengthening performed on a person?

The younger, the better.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »

From a medical point of view, the younger the better.
 Mentally, I believe in the mid twenties and beyond... Once you are "a man" which means that you know what you really got and what you dont have... If by that age you will really feel that your height is holding you back (which frankly I highly doubt) then by all means, go for it :)

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »

I kinda agree with Tibike, don't waste your youth for silly insecurity. You have great height and tbh you are in the perfect spot, you are above average and you still can fit in most cars/clothes etc.

I'm 2 years older than you and 5'5(166cm) and trust me... it could be waaay worse. I would do almost anything for your height.

If you really are uncomfortable with yourself go to shrink and just talk, don't be afraid it helps. And for that 30k you can buy pretty nice car or whatever you would want.

Limb lengthening even for people that are short stature like me is a last resort, and i hope you will remember that.

Good luck.

The younger, the better.

Thank you for the guidance, it's nice to see that people care :)

Are you thinking about doing Leg Lengthening?

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 09:53:36 PM »

From a medical point of view, the younger the better.
 Mentally, I believe in the mid twenties and beyond... Once you are "a man" which means that you know what you really got and what you dont have... If by that age you will really feel that your height is holding you back (which frankly I highly doubt) then by all means, go for it :)

Thank you for your response! I hope it doesn't by that point... For about 6 months now I've really wanted to do Leg Lengthening, just to be 6'2/6'1, I just feel like that's a really comfortable height for the place I live, I'm just worried about things like money, if I'm athletic as I would be before etc...

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 09:53:58 PM »

Great topic!

I'm currently 27 years old (going on 28 this month) and I've been really eager to go through with the procedure of leg lengthening. My current height is 211cm, and I was thinking of going for 7.5cm's. I have very large features which wouldn't affect how I looked i.e. size 23 UK shoe size, very long arms, very big hands etc.

The reason for my interest in the leg lengthening is just so I can be 7'2, it's the perfect height that I've always dreamed of, practically, I guess you could just say I'm not really comfortable at the height I am right now

I wouldn't plan on getting it done now, but possibly in the years to come... I'm honestly not too sure why I'm not comfortable at my height - possibly because the college I'm at is full of quite tall people and I'm quite sick of being looked down upon, I do feel that there is a lot of heightism. I guess I like the idea of being tall for basketball!
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:55 PM »

Thank you for the guidance, it's nice to see that people care :)

Are you thinking about doing Leg Lengthening?
Yes I am. But it's a quite complicated story with me.
And please, it's a request from someone after suicide attempt. Forget about this forum and just enjoy life. Path of selfshame can be really rough later on.

And hey, no problem.

Great topic!

I'm currently 27 years old (going on 28 this month) and I've been really eager to go through with the procedure of leg lengthening. My current height is 211cm, and I was thinking of going for 7.5cm's. I have very large features which wouldn't affect how I looked i.e. size 23 UK shoe size, very long arms, very big hands etc.

The reason for my interest in the leg lengthening is just so I can be 7'2, it's the perfect height that I've always dreamed of, practically, I guess you could just say I'm not really comfortable at the height I am right now

I wouldn't plan on getting it done now, but possibly in the years to come... I'm honestly not too sure why I'm not comfortable at my height - possibly because the college I'm at is full of quite tall people and I'm quite sick of being looked down upon, I do feel that there is a lot of heightism. I guess I like the idea of being tall for basketball!

Well kek'd.

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »

Great topic!

You rustled my jimmies

(funny enough I do really enjoy basketball)

/lmao

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »

Yes I am. But it's a quite complicated story with me.
And please, it's a request from someone after suicide attempt. Forget about this forum and just enjoy life. Path of selfshame can be really rough later on.

And hey, no problem.

Well kek'd.

I'm sorry to hear that, honestly, I know how you feel as I've had several complications in my life and have had similar thoughts. My prayers go out to you, man. I wish you honestly all the best

Thank you so much for your input and fast responses

The Kaiser

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »

Hello all,

I'm currently 17 years old (going on 18 this month) and I've been really eager to go through with the procedure of leg lengthening. My current height is 180cm, and I was thinking of going for 7.5cm's. I have very large features which wouldn't affect how I looked i.e. size 13 UK shoe size, very long arms, very big hands etc.

My questions to those who have experienced or are knowledgeable of leg lengthening is:

2. If yes, will I be able to do everything athletic-wise that I can do right now?

Thank you for viewing!!!

1- yes but you will waste a lot of months or years to recover

2- with 7.5 its very rare and you will not be more than 70-80% like before, if no complications occurred ( infection, non union, need for bone graft, possibly permanent knee pain)

3- work your ass off, sacrifice your job and everything, only if you're from gates's family

4- not recommended if you have enough money to do it in India, if complication occurred, then you will cry and ask for experince surgeon to fix your problem and pay 100 k more.

trust me avoid this surgery and make it as a last resort, i can't believe you're 5'11 and fell short in England, go and re-measure and tell us your height again, mistakes happen, once they told me i am 174 and i just know its not (i will not lie to myself).
Good luck

thruzuul

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 10:26:16 PM »

1- yes but you will waste a lot of months or years to recover

2- with 7.5 its very rare and you will not be more than 70-80% like before, if no complications occurred ( infection, non union, need for bone graft, possibly permanent knee pain)

3- work your ass off, sacrifice your job and everything, only if you're from gates's family

4- not recommended if you have enough money to do it in India, if complication occurred, then you will cry and ask for experince surgeon to fix your problem and pay 100 k more.

trust me avoid this surgery and make it as a last resort, i can't believe you're 5'11 and fell short in England, go and re-measure and tell us your height again, mistakes happen, once they told me i am 174 and i just know its not (i will not lie to myself).
Good luck

Hello, I just re-measured myself as accurately as possible, and it says I'm 179.5cm exactly... do you not recommend lengthening at this height?

AR

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:27:37 PM »

I can't find any problem for thruzuul to have more height if this can boost his confidence and bring him to what he want, if you think that your life will be different if you go from 170 to 175 or maybe 178. 180cm people also have their own dreams. I have some friends who are +185 cm and they use lifts to add more height.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

The Kaiser

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »

Hello, I just re-measured myself as accurately as possible, and it says I'm 179.5cm exactly... do you not recommend lengthening at this height?

i will recommend if you know how risky it is, and read some patient's diary (some of them took more than 3 years and they still walk like zombie). lets come to the positive side, if nothing happened and you was one of the luckiest, you will be able to run in 6 months, play some sports and jumping higher ( the best scenario) very rare

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 10:32:41 PM »

I can't find any problem for thruzuul to have more height if this can boost his confidence and bring him to what he want, if you think that your life will be different if you go from 170 to 175 or maybe 178. 180cm people also have their own dreams. I have some friends who are +185 cm and they use lifts to add more height.

People that are very short do this surgery to avoid stigma, problems with getting job and love interests.

People that are tall/average already won't get anything from this surgery except empty wallet.
Justifying yourself with 6'1 guys wearing lifts is stupid.

AR

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 10:44:26 PM »

Hello YourSpaceBoyfriend,
I think that every person has his own reasons to do CLL which should be respected anyway.
thruzuul is still young person and may change his mind after he reaches +20.
Some people who had done CLL and reached 5'11, did or thinking of adding more cms for some reasons we need to respect. 
- went from 171 to 175

TIBIKE200

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 10:47:18 PM »

Hello YourSpaceBoyfriend,
I think that every person has his own reasons to do CLL which should be respected anyway.
thruzuul is still young person and may change his mind after he reaches +20.
Some people who had done CLL and reached 5'11, did or thinking of adding more heights for some reasons we need to respect.

It's like understanding an anorexic person who wants to lose more weight...

I am sorry... But there is nothing logical (in my humble opinion) about someone of average or above average stature going for LL (and only because of what LL is... If it was a pill no one would be so against it).
  And about your 6'2 friends using insoles, it's their problem they feel insecure... Not yours...

onemorefoot

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 10:58:53 PM »

Do 6 cm on femurs and be happy, your current height is wonderful.
Budget will determine my future.

AR

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 11:06:22 PM »

Hello TIBIKE200,
5'11 can't be compared (IMO at least) to an anorexic person wants to lose more weight, maybe 6'1 or more but not 5'11.
Yes LL is not a pill and it's a hard decision to take even if you are 5'5. I don't want to repeat myself but if thruzuul has strong reasons to do CLL for more 5cms taking all the risks. I will respect.
- went from 171 to 175

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 11:27:11 PM »

It's more about doing right decision. As tibike mentioned LL is not walk in a park.

You put heavy money and health for a few cms with a risk of never walking again.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 12:49:41 AM »

Thank you for your response! I hope it doesn't by that point... For about 6 months now I've really wanted to do Leg Lengthening, just to be 6'2/6'1, I just feel like that's a really comfortable height for the place I live, I'm just worried about things like money, if I'm athletic as I would be before etc...
If you re from MIT or Yale no one would look down on you even at 5'3. Lol
At 5'11, height should be the least on your list of worry. tons of other things you can do to improve your life instead of focusing on height. Lol this surgery is for 5'7 and below people who want to reach a somewhat average height.

jbc

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:07 AM »

OP, from your quote:

"Hello, I just re-measured myself as accurately as possible, and it says I'm 179.5cm exactly... do you not recommend lengthening at this height?"

No one here is qualified to recommend or not recommend anything. These are just opinions of people on an anonymous forum. The only person who can recommend (from a medical perspective) of whether you should do something or not do that thing is a Dr. who is familiar with your medical history.

Before I seriously considered CLL, I spoke to my Dr. It was not an entirely easy conversation - he has known me for over a decade, and mostly treated me for simple things like bronchitis. I was embarrassed to admit that I wanted the procedure, initially, but I wanted a qualified medical opinion on whether I should or should not do this, despite my desire to do it.

That is your first step in assessing whether it's recommended whether you do this or not.

Talk to medical people about the pros and cons of this procedure - it is not easy, and most Drs. that perform CLL will tell you the same thing. Talk to your physician about whether anything in your medical history would preclude you from undergoing CLL. Make sure you are in a financial position to be able to afford a reputable Dr. and a country and locale where complications can be easily treated.

Here's one to keep top of mind: CLL requires blood transfusions. How safe are the procedures for donating blood and/or receiving blood from a blood bank in Russia or India or China vs. the US or UK? The risks in the US are 30 million to one and dropping, which means receiving blood from a blood bank in the US is incredibly safe. What about those other countries? Is it possible that you could contract a disease via blood transfusion?

These are things people don't normally think about. We just dream of getting taller and doing so at the most economical price.

Remember that recommending is different than wanting something. 99% of the members of this forum want to be taller, myself included. At whatever height, for whatever reason.

My take on this is only you can determine whether that want is valid or not. It's not my place to judge you for that.

Everything has tradeoffs. Do thorough homework, talk to competent physicians, including your own, then be honest with yourself and weigh pros/cons. You might come up with a different answer than the one you had before. Or you may not. But whatever you have afterwards, it will no longer be an uneducated guess.

HTH.

Penguinn

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:19 AM »

I'm going to slightly disagree with jbc and say that some doctors will not recommend this surgery simply based on morals or the fact that they are also, in a way, biased. While we focus more on benefits and less on risks, they focus on risks and less on benefits. I've met an endocrinologist- a well reputed doctor that thought a 5'2 male getting this was completely unnecessary. Their opinions can be outdated and like he said, ultimately it has to be you who takes every input- forums, doctors, etc. and makes the decision of whether it's worth it.

To answer your questions:

Yes, but with internal femurs only, and they're very expensive. 7.5cms for your height is actually going to be easier since your bones and muscles are already bigger, than say someone 5'4 that's lengthening 7.5cms. Something like Precice 2, even in India or Africa(counting travel & stay) will be $50K or more, and with Paley it'd go in the 100s.

With a good recovery, you can return to casual sports.

Jobs. Parents. If they want to save, they do externals in India or China, but externals won't give you 7.5cms.

Safe if you go to a good doctor. There are many bad doctors in India. If you mean the country itself- going to India where you'll stay in a big city and only move between the hospital, the airport and the hotel, you'll be safe.

jbc

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 03:58:54 AM »

I'm going to slightly disagree with jbc and say that some doctors will not recommend this surgery simply based on morals or the fact that they are also, in a way, biased. While we focus more on benefits and less on risks, they focus on risks and less on benefits. I've met an endocrinologist- a well reputed doctor that thought a 5'2 male getting this was completely unnecessary. Their opinions can be outdated

On this, Penguinn and I are in complete accord - this does happen. I understand why the doctor would err on the side of risk - their entire training revolves around eliminating risk :). However, you could ask:

"Taking your own personal views out of the equation, what data points and risks should I consider?"

This will normally force a Dr., for lack of a better word, to stick to the science and leave their personal biases out of it. If they insist on injecting them, you can choose to ignore them or consider them. My Dr. was unbiased, at least on the surface, and presented the risks at face value, and that was incredibly appreciated and played a big part in how I viewed the process, my follow-up due diligence and ultimately selecting a surgeon.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up