Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height or Wealth?  (Read 16664 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Height or Wealth?
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

How 'bout all that discrimination against the 5'8 people of the world, amirite? The other day I saw a 5'8 guy sitting in the front of the bus with the rest of us normal 5'11 folk and I couldn't believe the audacity of that f***. I made him sit in the back of the bus with all the other 5'8 subhuman scum.

The word discrimination is a bit harsh. As a 5'7 guy I can safely say that this talk about discrimination from fellow men and work place is simply bull  (could be because 5'7 is not so short or just because the shorter people here imagine sutff idk). The only thing that height has affect on is dating life. Being taller (up untill 6' or 6'1 maybe) has its advantages and you can't deny the fact the height is a positive physical aspect of a man (it has no effect on women's physical appearance).
 I do strongly believe that at 5'9-5'10 you will rarely be rejected for you height. I also do believe that being taller than 5'7 wont have any effect on my social life with fellow men or how I am regarded in the workplace. It will just make me more appealing for women... It's just like losing weight and going from chubby to skinny... Very short people could be more regarded as obese going to chubby/skinny
I learned some stuff during this time

Random Hero

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 09:56:49 PM »

How 'bout all that discrimination against the 5'8 people of the world, amirite? The other day I saw a 5'8 guy sitting in the front of the bus with the rest of us normal 5'11 folk and I couldn't believe the audacity of that f***. I made him sit in the back of the bus with all the other 5'8 subhuman scum.

Loving the Rosa Parks analogy, hope he entered from the rear of the bus too!

Troll more please :)
Current Height: 5"8 - Desired Height: 5"10.5

Mechanical Engineer living in Sheffield, England

Cartman

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »

Completely agree it's within the realms of normality but I've never been normal and being sub-normal in regard's to stature statistically speaking simply isn't good enough.
I didn't win the genetic lottery mentally; I was born with learning difficulties specifically dyslexia but it didn't stop me excelling in my chosen field, the solution to the problem was to study all day and all night until everything sunk in down to the last equation.

This is the same; I didn't win the genetic lottery physically but thankfully there is a solution available to my problem...is it expensive? yes. Is it painful? Yes. Is it time consuming? Yes.

Is it worth it for height neurosis to never cross my mind for the rest of my life not to mention the discrimination? God yes...i'll take a clear mind over a Ferrari any day.

If you have a short stature complex LL may solve your problem, but consider that I am 165 cm "tall" and I'm still in doubt about LL: remember not only that it is an expensive procedure (even if affordable in many cases), but it cost also pain and some risks. Why don't you try to look on youtybe some videos about LL before taking this decision? Or why don't you wait some years and taste the pleasure to spend a part of your earned money ? Maybe, you will discovered that height is not all in a person. Me too, I don't like my height, but I simply don't trust that if you don't win the "genetic lottery" on height you are necessary a 3rd category man... There are a lot of tall men that will change 10 cm of their height for being millionaire!

onemorefoot

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 06:12:39 PM »

Height is better than wealth, because being tall there are more porbabilities you can become rich in the future, being rich won make you tall by itself.
Budget will determine my future.

The Kaiser

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »

Height is better than wealth, because being tall there are more porbabilities you can become rich in the future, being rich won make you tall by itself.

no this bull , a lot of tall men are poor and cannot date, money's everything, if you have money you rule people.
we talk about wealth here, not a normal wealth. not a million dollar. 10-15 million at least

rock112

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »

If you're under 5'6, height. 90% of women just won't find you attractive enough to go out on a date with you, unless you've spent month as her friend and she's suddenly found you attractive because of your "personality." That's just the truth. You will not be attractive to most women at or below 5'6.

Anything above 5'9, wealth. The lives between a 5'9 millionaire and a 6'0 millionaire will be nearly-identical. Once you're 2-3 inches taller than the average woman, it really doesn't matter anymore. 5'7 and 5'8 are still kind of on the short-side, but you'll do fine if you have a decent personality and decent body.

Being a millionaire at 5'6 you will be able to find women to fk you for money of course, as you would also be able to as a 5'1 man But I would feel really bad about myself. It's fine that women just won't find my sexually attractive (ever) in anyway at below 5'6. It's akin to me never being able to be attracted to a woman that are morbidly obese. That's why we're all here.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »

no this bullcrap, a lot of tall men are poor and cannot date, money's everything, if you have money you rule people.
we talk about wealth here, not a normal wealth. not a million dollar. 10-15 million at least

Would still take being average man's height over being a multi billionaire.... Money can't buy you self esteem or peace with yourself (physically speaking).
I learned some stuff during this time

Cartman

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »

Surely height is important for aesthetic... but if you have money you can do LL and gain some cms, if you are tall but poor you will not necessarily become rich. Day by day, I'm developping an idea in my mind: when a woman say to you that you are too short for a date she's really thinking: "you are not enough important in daily life to be my partner" (indipendently by your height). Over a certain richness level, rules are yours, I've seen it: your self-estimate will increase by thinking to your personal success and if you are successfull for other people you'll be tall enough even if you are short.

Alu

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »

If you're under 5'6, height. 90% of women just won't find you attractive enough to go out on a date with you, unless you've spent month as her friend and she's suddenly found you attractive because of your "personality." That's just the truth. You will not be attractive to most women at or below 5'6.

Completely agree it's within the realms of normality but I've never been normal and being sub-normal in regard's to stature statistically speaking simply isn't good enough.
I didn't win the genetic lottery mentally; I was born with learning difficulties specifically dyslexia but it didn't stop me excelling in my chosen field, the solution to the problem was to study all day and all night until everything sunk in down to the last equation.

This is the same; I didn't win the genetic lottery physically but thankfully there is a solution available to my problem...is it expensive? yes. Is it painful? Yes. Is it time consuming? Yes.

Is it worth it for height neurosis to never cross my mind for the rest of my life not to mention the discrimination? God yes...i'll take a clear mind over a Ferrari any day.

Random Hero

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2016, 09:43:33 PM »

The word discrimination is a bit harsh. As a 5'7 guy I can safely say that this talk about discrimination from fellow men and work place is simply bullcrap (could be because 5'7 is not so short or just because the shorter people here imagine sutff idk).

Can't comment on other industries but engineering is pretty cut throat and any perceived flaw mocked. On the management side of things it's nothing short of Game of Thrones haha that being said I don't foresee a 3" height increase changing anything professionally despite the belittling news articles circulating suggesting taller men earn more.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11615756/Tall-men-earn-more-are-more-attractive-and-have-healthier-hearts.html

https://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2015/apr/29/do-tall-people-really-deserve-to-earn-more

Here's a little snippet as if the supposed height/salary correlation wasn't bad enough...
'Last year a study by Edinburgh University found there to be a “significant genetic correlation” between height and IQ: taller people tended to be smarter.' WTF :/

The only thing that height has affect on is dating life. Being taller (up untill 6' or 6'1 maybe) has its advantages and you can't deny the fact the height is a positive physical aspect of a man (it has no effect on women's physical appearance).
 I do strongly believe that at 5'9-5'10 you will rarely be rejected for you height. I also do believe that being taller than 5'7 wont have any effect on my social life with fellow men or how I am regarded in the workplace. It will just make me more appealing for women... It's just like losing weight and going from chubby to skinny... Very short people could be more regarded as obese going to chubby/skinny

No doubt it's a powerful physical attribute for dating, not really fussed about better social life as it's already pretty great.

Random Hero

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »

lmao thanks Michael your the best!  :-*

Alu

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2016, 10:13:16 PM »

Can't comment on other industries but engineering is pretty cut throat and any perceived flaw mocked. On the management side of things it's nothing short of Game of Thrones haha that being said I don't foresee a 3" height increase changing anything professionally despite the belittling news articles circulating suggesting taller men earn more.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11615756/Tall-men-earn-more-are-more-attractive-and-have-healthier-hearts.html

https://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2015/apr/29/do-tall-people-really-deserve-to-earn-more

Here's a little snippet as if the supposed height/salary correlation wasn't bad enough...
'Last year a study by Edinburgh University found there to be a “significant genetic correlation” between height and IQ: taller people tended to be smarter.' WTF :/

No doubt it's a powerful physical attribute for dating, not really fussed about better social life as it's already pretty great.

I mean those are all cognitive characteristics... meaning even you do LL you're still the same. You don't gain IQ points.

It all ties back to their up bringing. In the end, we are all genetically set in stone in our mothers wombs. How far and how well developed/taken care of from adolescence to adult, that also has a huge impact on brain development. I'm curious if compare two guys, of different heights, but near perfect childhood up brining, what the results are.

I only say this because I know of plenty of smart people who've gone to Ivy league schools and aren't tall (they are Hispanic who are at least I would say 2-3 inches below average male and female). It's about how well you were fed growing up.

onemorefoot

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »

IQ increasor, next forum is coming.
Budget will determine my future.

Cartman

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »

Please, people! Height is important just for aesthetic and (maybe) self-estimate... Being tall will not automatically bring  more money into your wallet! My father is 5'3'' tall and he's the director on his workplace, I'm short and I'm working and I'm finding easily jobs while many tall people that I know cannot find a decent job... Ah! About height and smartness, I'm graduated in Physics... Height is only for beauty, that's sure!

Koi

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2016, 02:52:34 PM »

Guys,

I'd say it's not
Height => Success
but
Height => Confidence => Success
instead.

If you manage to reach
Confidence => Success
despite of the lack of height, you're fine.

Otherwise you have LL.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not gonna lie. There are times I'm pretty convinced that society is heightist. We're seen as a joke, we get 0 attention and they want taller people for important jobs.

asfastaslight

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »

4-5cm of height putting me in the bottom 10% with women and above average income would be better I think.

Cartman

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 10:20:25 PM »

Guys,

I'd say it's not
Height => Success
but
Height => Confidence => Success
instead.

If you manage to reach
Confidence => Success
despite of the lack of height, you're fine.

Otherwise you have LL.

I totally agree with you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up