Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Height or Wealth?  (Read 16661 times)

The Kaiser

Re: Height or Wealth?
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

It is either only in the UK and US that is like that, but I have never heard of people above 5'6 being called "too short to date"... Usually when women tell you what they dont like about you directly, it's because that's not the real thing they don't like... A good women will never tell a short dude that he is short nor that he is ugly if he is really ugly (they will talk behind the back)...
  Like really... 5'8 is not so short to be a major problem in the dating world...

Women will find anything about you trust me, whatever you did. small penis, short, gay and if they didn't find anything they will say you smell bad. so no way you will walk away without hearing anything from them when you leave them

TIBIKE200

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »

I meant when you hit on a women... Usually they will not say what is wrong with you but invent something... Just like when they say "I have a boyfriend"... Most people are not dckheads
I learned some stuff during this time

The Kaiser

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »

I meant when you hit on a women... Usually they will not say what is wrong with you but invent something... Just like when they say "I have a boyfriend"... Most people are not dckheads

they say it to anyone even if you're tall, only if you have a full pocket then no one will reject you  ;)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »

It is either only in the UK and US that is like that, but I have never heard of people above 5'6 being called "too short to date"... Usually when women tell you what they dont like about you directly, it's because that's not the real thing they don't like... A good women will never tell a short dude that he is short nor that he is ugly if he is really ugly (they will talk behind the back)...
  Like really... 5'8 is not so short to be a major problem in the dating world...

Seriously, some people really don't know how to be really short.

And im not even talking about my own height but less.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »

they say it to anyone even if you're tall, only if you have a full pocket then no one will reject you  ;)

that's what I meant... No sane right minded girl will openly say to a short dude "you are too short..Sorry".. Just like they wouldnt say " I dont date Asians, arabs, Jews or whatever"... The vast majority of people are not dckheads... Saying "you are too short" is usually used when you arent really too short but because she just doesnt like you and doesnt want to tell you "you are too ugly".

onemorefoot

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 11:58:43 PM »

If you are too ugly you can be accepeted, but you have to be 6+.
Budget will determine my future.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2016, 01:18:38 AM »

I'd choose wealth - but not only because of wealth loss to LL, but because you'll sacrifice more than just wealth when you do LL.

I'm 5'8" - 5'9", and have to opportunity to go to 5'11" by doing tibs. Even though my pockets are deep enough that a $100k surgery is pocket change, I wouldn't go through with it all again. There's no price tag on time lost. Once you lose time, you lose it forever. Time and health should not be taken for granted.

If you want to know why doing LL for the dating world is a bad idea at 5'8", then go read the last few posts in my diary. It might change your mindset about this surgery afterwards or realign your expectations.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Random Hero

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:27 PM »

Have you ever seen dating profiles on plenty of fish? haha one I distinctly remember was '5"10 or below? friend zoned' I admit it did make me burst out laughing oh and she was 5"5 or something couldn't believe it! Safe to say I would never say a word to someone that shallow but they do appear to exist and have no shame in openly discriminating against people.

The sole purpose of the surgery is not to pull more women it's to cure me of an illness that has persisted for 7 years and I see little hope of it fading away with therapy.
I also hate the idea of shorter men being mocked when they have great slabs of muscle covering their bodies and are deemed to be making up for height (potentially true in some cases admittedly) and being labelled as having a Napoleon complex but if a tall / average height guy has a similar physique they are sexy as hell makes no sense  :-\
Current Height: 5"8 - Desired Height: 5"10.5

Mechanical Engineer living in Sheffield, England

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 09:11:25 PM »

I also hate the idea of shorter men being mocked when they have great slabs of muscle covering their bodies and are deemed to be making up for height (potentially true in some cases admittedly) and being labelled as having a Napoleon complex but if a tall / average height guy has a similar physique they are sxxy as hell makes no sense  :-\

It makes my blood boil too. I would like to get myself SUV car but i could be labeled as a guy with short man syndrome(even the name makes me cringe). But bigotry will always exist no matter what, you can't really do anything about it.

But funny thing is, most of these women have tons of makeup on their face and probably have huge complex by themselves. Not to mention their character or intelligence... Imho there is no bigger turn off then princess which thinks she is everything.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »

Have you ever seen dating profiles on plenty of fish? haha one I distinctly remember was '5"10 or below? friend zoned' I admit it did make me burst out laughing oh and she was 5"5 or something couldn't believe it! Safe to say I would never say a word to someone that shallow but they do appear to exist and have no shame in openly discriminating against people.

The sole purpose of the surgery is not to pull more women it's to cure me of an illness that has persisted for 7 years and I see little hope of it fading away with therapy.
I also hate the idea of shorter men being mocked when they have great slabs of muscle covering their bodies and are deemed to be making up for height (potentially true in some cases admittedly) and being labelled as having a Napoleon complex but if a tall / average height guy has a similar physique they are sxxy as hell makes no sense  :-\

Dating apps are not the same as real life... I also write on my tinder profile "no fat chicks"... But there is a difference between being a keyboard warrior and saying things straight to the face.
  About the muscle thing, it's true... In my gym almost all of the overly buffed dudes are either my height or shorter... I preserve an "athletic" or "slim" look and frankly, I only got compliments on my physic... Alot of short dudes are indeed compensating in the gym... I also dont find it in any way attractive seeing a 165 or a 190 guy being super buffed and having the "spongebob squarpants" physic or suffering from the " invisible watermelons carrying syndrom" (when guys walk with their hands far away from their body because they imagine having huge "lats")...

A nice physic is a nice physic... Bodybuilders dont have a nice physic

onemorefoot

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

Napoleon was 5 6", he wasnt short in that time.
Budget will determine my future.

Random Hero

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 09:28:53 PM »

I'd choose wealth - but not only because of wealth loss to LL, but because you'll sacrifice more than just wealth when you do LL.

I'm 5'8" - 5'9", and have to opportunity to go to 5'11" by doing tibs. Even though my pockets are deep enough that a $100k surgery is pocket change, I wouldn't go through with it all again. There's no price tag on time lost. Once you lose time, you lose it forever. Time and health should not be taken for granted.

If you want to know why doing LL for the dating world is a bad idea at 5'8", then go read the last few posts in my diary. It might change your mindset about this surgery afterwards or realign your expectations.

I really enjoyed reading your extremely detailed diary; one sentence stuck in my mind 'it does remove the feelings of sadness' that's all I want and if you've achieved that feeling through leg lengthening that's exactly what I'm going to do too, being trapped in my own mind every day is very painful, allot more so than long term muscle damage.

I was surprised when you alluded to the possibility of a bone graft which I thought was very rare in regards to femur's though...was this actually required in the end? and wtf do they do to charge $77 for Vitamin D test? haha  :P

The Kaiser

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »

Its only in your mind, you are so insecurity toward women, i have a friend and he's 6'2.5 at least, he's nothing compare to me when i date. Not like i am Di Caprio or something, i want height because of my mental issue nothing more

DoingItForMe

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »

I really enjoyed reading your extremely detailed diary; one sentence stuck in my mind 'it does remove the feelings of sadness' that's all I want and if you've achieved that feeling through leg lengthening that's exactly what I'm going to do too, being trapped in my own mind every day is very painful, allot more so than long term muscle damage.

I was surprised when you alluded to the possibility of a bone graft which I thought was very rare in regards to femur's though...was this actually required in the end? and wtf do they do to charge $77 for Vitamin D test? haha  :P
I don't know if I need a bone graft or not. I will find out in my next x-ray. The likelihood of me needing one is very high, though. And yea, it sucks that I need one. None of the 4 other patients who were with me needed one.

But I'm just saying that 5'8" ain't so bad...
Link to my experience

Random Hero

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »

I don't know if I need a bone graft or not. I will find out in my next x-ray. The likelihood of me needing one is very high, though. And yea, it sucks that I need one. None of the 4 other patients who were with me needed one.

But I'm just saying that 5'8" ain't so bad...

Sorry to hear about your complication DoingItForMe best of luck with your x-ray; it seems to be luck of draw but that could be said for any invasive medical procedure as everyone's bodies behave differently.

This can be said for the mind too, I'm very sensitive to negative comment's and take them to heart whereas someone else would just brush it off hence getting so upset about height which has been reinforced by peoples comments.

For me personally being taller than 25% of the male population is not good enough and I'm overcome with a horrible feeling of inferiority when out in public, being taller than 75% of the male population i.e. 5"11 would make an unbelievable difference.

I've tried 1.5" lifts and it felt great but I was a bit self conscious wearing them and subsequently taking my shoes off with a fear of being questioned about it so I know it's not just all in my head.

Possibly silly question but where does the extra bone come from which is used for the bone graft?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about your complication DoingItForMe best of luck with your x-ray; it seems to be luck of draw but that could be said for any invasive medical procedure as everyone's bodies behave differently.

This can be said for the mind too, I'm very sensitive to negative comment's and take them to heart whereas someone else would just brush it off hence getting so upset about height which has been reinforced by peoples comments.

For me personally being taller than 25% of the male population is not good enough and I'm overcome with a horrible feeling of inferiority when out in public, being taller than 75% of the male population i.e. 5"11 would make an unbelievable difference.

I've tried 1.5" lifts and it felt great but I was a bit self conscious wearing them and subsequently taking my shoes off with a fear of being questioned about it so I know it's not just all in my head.

Possibly silly question but where does the extra bone come from which is used for the bone graft?

Usually the hips

Random Hero

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 04:04:23 PM »

AR

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

ًWell Said.

- Too short, Short but handsome = You will struggle.
- Short, Ugly = God with you bro.
- Normal, Handsome = More Chances.
- Normal, Ugly = Struggle.
- +6'0, Handsome =  8) Man you rock.
- + 6'0, Ugly or whatever = You still have chances.

- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

The Kaiser

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »

ًWell Said.

- Too short, Short but handsome = You will struggle.
- Short, Ugly = God with you bro.
- Normal, Handsome = More Chances.
- Normal, Ugly = Struggle.
- +6'0, Handsome =  8) Man you rock.
- + 6'0, Ugly or whatever = You still have chances.
Bull  

TIBIKE200

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »

I like how character is not mentioned here... As if personality doesnt matter at all...

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »

I like how character is not mentioned here... As if personality doesnt matter at all...

Or owning a new BMW.

Because we are talking about that kind of women, right?

The Kaiser

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 08:29:41 PM »

Or owning a new BMW.

Because we are talking about that kind of women, right?

5'3 with very big pocket= you will hate pussies, because its will become very tasteless to you

TIBIKE200

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »

what does looks have to do with goldiggers? Women have a right to want to hook-up with a good looking guy you know... Thing is, that character influences how attractive you look...

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 10:19:55 PM »

what does looks have to do with goldiggers? Women have a right to want to hook-up with a good looking guy you know... Thing is, that character influences how attractive you look...

I ment women that look purely superficial.

And as you say, character can change hell of a lot.

Human attraction is complicated, every person have different priorities.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »

I ment women that look purely superficial.

And as you say, character can change hell of a lot.

Human attraction is complicated, every person have different priorities.
A gold digger is like the complete opposite of a girl who's superficial. Gold diggers date some of the ugliest, oldest men (look at Anna Nicole Smith). I personally would rather date someone who's smart and knows how to get things done versus dating someone who is just a low-level employee with no ambition. It's funny that when a girl does the same for a guy, people call her a gold digger.
Link to my experience

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2016, 11:02:26 AM »

A gold digger is like the complete opposite of a girl who's superficial. Gold diggers date some of the ugliest, oldest men (look at Anna Nicole Smith). I personally would rather date someone who's smart and knows how to get things done versus dating someone who is just a low-level employee with no ambition. It's funny that when a girl does the same for a guy, people call her a gold digger.

There is difference between woman that takes your financial/career in consideration and girl that will do anything just to get piece of your pocket.

Well obviously no woman will date a beggar but it's more about looking on something else than just 1 trait.

Cartman

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »

5'8'' (172-173 cm) is not a bad height: choose money! I have red on some website that you can do LL even if you are 40 years old. Seriously, don't waste a fortune: for rich people look is not important.

Random Hero

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »

5'8'' (172-173 cm) is not a bad height: choose money! I have red on some website that you can do LL even if you are 40 years old. Seriously, don't waste a fortune: for rich people look is not important.

Completely agree it's within the realms of normality but I've never been normal and being sub-normal in regard's to stature statistically speaking simply isn't good enough.
I didn't win the genetic lottery mentally; I was born with learning difficulties specifically dyslexia but it didn't stop me excelling in my chosen field, the solution to the problem was to study all day and all night until everything sunk in down to the last equation.

This is the same; I didn't win the genetic lottery physically but thankfully there is a solution available to my problem...is it expensive? yes. Is it painful? Yes. Is it time consuming? Yes.

Is it worth it for height neurosis to never cross my mind for the rest of my life not to mention the discrimination? God yes...i'll take a clear mind over a Ferrari any day.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:34 PM »

Is it worth it for height neurosis to never cross my mind for the rest of my life not to mention the discrimination? God yes...i'll take a clear mind over a Ferrari any day.

How 'bout all that discrimination against the 5'8 people of the world, amirite? The other day I saw a 5'8 guy sitting in the front of the bus with the rest of us normal 5'11 folk and I couldn't believe the audacity of that f***. I made him sit in the back of the bus with all the other 5'8 subhuman scum.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

How 'bout all that discrimination against the 5'8 people of the world, amirite? The other day I saw a 5'8 guy sitting in the front of the bus with the rest of us normal 5'11 folk and I couldn't believe the audacity of that f***. I made him sit in the back of the bus with all the other 5'8 subhuman scum.

The word discrimination is a bit harsh. As a 5'7 guy I can safely say that this talk about discrimination from fellow men and work place is simply bull  (could be because 5'7 is not so short or just because the shorter people here imagine sutff idk). The only thing that height has affect on is dating life. Being taller (up untill 6' or 6'1 maybe) has its advantages and you can't deny the fact the height is a positive physical aspect of a man (it has no effect on women's physical appearance).
 I do strongly believe that at 5'9-5'10 you will rarely be rejected for you height. I also do believe that being taller than 5'7 wont have any effect on my social life with fellow men or how I am regarded in the workplace. It will just make me more appealing for women... It's just like losing weight and going from chubby to skinny... Very short people could be more regarded as obese going to chubby/skinny

Random Hero

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 09:56:49 PM »

Loving the Rosa Parks analogy, hope he entered from the rear of the bus too!

Troll more please :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up