Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which doctors cover the price of complications for LL  (Read 3787 times)

frank

• Visitor
Which doctors cover the price of complications for LL
« on: September 18, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »

Hey guys. Ive been thinking about LL and there are a lot of doctors where the price is a good 50k USD which is definitely in my budget. From looking at Paley's website however the total price of complications can be up to 35k, which is two thirds of the starting price. ive been doing some research and it looks like jamal fully covers the cost of complications, and I think monegal fully covers them too. Do you guys know any other doctor who covers the price for LL complications? Also does monegal cover the price of complications like jamal or am I wrong about that?

To clarify I am okay with paying 5k USD for the hospital bill to fix the complication but definitely not 30k.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Which doctors cover the price of complications for LL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:51 PM »

Aside from Dr Jamal I believe Dr Peng at the Beijing clinic does as well.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:17:23 PM »

Aside from Dr Jamal I believe Dr Peng at the Beijing clinic does as well.

Thanks Kilo I read your whole LL journal it was very informative.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2954.0
here Monegal kind of alludes that he doesnt charge for fixing complications is that wrong?

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:03:10 AM »

Dr Monegal doesnt charge either. I talked to him.
Budget will determine my future.

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »

Dr Monegal doesnt charge either. I talked to him.

Thanks man. I sent him an email so I technically wouldve found out eventually but its good to know monegal doesnt charge for complications now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 01:58:28 AM »

Personally I dont like fitbone too much, because is not accurate.

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:54:31 PM »

Personally I dont like fitbone too much, because is not accurate.

Yeah precise and the guichet nails are ideally better, but because monegal is like 20-30k below guichet and paleys price, and since I know now he compensates for complications while paley and guichet doesnt Ill still be going with him. I think he said he is willing to use a different nail if you really want though which I could do.

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »

If you want internals, do femurs, 6-7 cm is ok for most of the people.

programdude

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »

Not that everyones will- But my insurance covered my stress fracture complication.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »

Monegal doesn't cover the price of complications. He says he doesn't get money from corrective surgeries after his failed surgeries but the hospital and the anesthesiologist and everybody else gets his money from patients. The guy who does Xrays gets money even if surgery is cancelled. Perhaps Monegal gets money from theirs then although he says he doesn't.
MusicMaker case is special but he didn't pay for her either. She was sent out of Barcelona to be operated in a hospital covered by her insurance. If you don't have insurance you have to pay. When she was sent to Clinica Diagonal not covered by insurance in one of her surgeries she was sent home in one day for nail removal and introduction of new one. Monegal doesn't care about anybody nor about his biggest supporter in this forum.

Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »

Monegal doesn't cover the price of complications. He says he doesn't get money from corrective surgeries after his failed surgeries but the hospital and the anesthesiologist and everybody else gets his money from patients. The guy who does Xrays gets money even if surgery is cancelled. Perhaps Monegal gets money from theirs then although he says he doesn't.
MusicMaker case is special but he didn't pay for her either. She was sent out of Barcelona to be operated in a hospital covered by her insurance. If you don't have insurance you have to pay. When she was sent to Clinica Diagonal not covered by insurance in one of her surgeries she was sent home in one day for nail removal and introduction of new one. Monegal doesn't care about anybody nor about his biggest supporter in this forum.

Weird. Everyone and Monegal himself has been saying he covers complications though?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »

the biggest liar in this forum together with Musicmaker
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »

I don't know what should you do to actualy have a complication worth 35k. I would focus on choosing doctor and the method doe.

Birkholtz and Parihar has Precise 2 lengthening in your budget and there will be leftovers for eventual complications.

Btw i was just wondering when LLuser1 will get triggered when someone mentioned Monegal lol.

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »

I don't know what should you do to actualy have a complication worth 35k. I would focus on choosing doctor and the method doe.

Birkholtz and Parihar has Precise 2 lengthening in your budget and there will be leftovers for eventual complications.

Btw i was just wondering when LLuser1 will get triggered when someone mentioned Monegal lol.

I was looking at Franz but his upper limit is 165 cm and I am a few cm over that, and he does max 6 cm for femurs while I would like to go a little over that. Parihar was the doctor I was going to do after reading a few diaries on him and he is amazing but he is inexperienced with internal methods for my liking (penguin is his first precise patient).

http://www.paleyinstitute.org/centers-of-excellence/stature-lengthening-center/costs-financial-considerations

People have been saying Paley is a money hungry doctor, so if HE recommends 35 k USD in the bank before thinking about CLL, even if there is only a 5% chance I would really want to be prepared.

LLuser1 ill listen to you and skip monegal i guess. Pretty much the two doctors I have left is Parihar and jamal and they are both around the same price, but since jamal covers complications and is a bit more experienced ill probably be going with him even though Parihar is still a phenomenal doctor.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:54:45 PM by frank »

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »

It is good that Lluser1 showed us the truth, I thought he covered complications.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:00:24 PM by onemorefoot »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 10:05:42 PM »

As far as i know Birkholtz makes an exception if the person is determinated but email him if you want to be sure.

And about 6cm i agree with the doc. Don't get greedy you have only 1 pair of legs in your life.

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 10:07:32 PM »

Parihar has experience on internal methods, he said that with precice Penguinn will be the first, but if you know how to use fitbone you know how to use precice, guitchet nail, etc.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 10:24:01 PM »

Dear users

I had the certainty that being named in this thread would awake my dearest friend in the forum.

Me and other doctors would love not to have complications but you all know LL is full of variables that may lead to problems, obstacles and complications. 

There are several things I cannot control. If any of my patients needs correction or further surgical procedure I will not charge for my hands. I cannot ask the clinic or the anaesthesists to work for free.
Clinic expenses are quite low as I negotiated personally with the clinic to be like that, and in case we need it I can ask them to keep it as low as possible but not free.

I also contacted many different insurance companies to offer a 'complication insurance' and the lowest they could offer was 10% prime of the total cost of surgery. In case of a Fitbone procedure it would be 3600€ which is way more than what patients paid in the few cases that were needed.

I do not think there are doctors that can offer a 100% coverage of complication fixing. Clinics and people working in there will not offer that for free. The only thing I can offer as said is free cost of my work in case it is needed.

All the best
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 10:56:34 PM »

Dear users

I had the certainty that being named in this thread would awake my dearest friend in the forum.

Me and other doctors would love not to have complications but you all know LL is full of variables that may lead to problems, obstacles and complications. 

There are several things I cannot control. If any of my patients needs correction or further surgical procedure I will not charge for my hands. I cannot ask the clinic or the anaesthesists to work for free.
Clinic expenses are quite low as I negotiated personally with the clinic to be like that, and in case we need it I can ask them to keep it as low as possible but not free.

I also contacted many different insurance companies to offer a 'complication insurance' and the lowest they could offer was 10% prime of the total cost of surgery. In case of a Fitbone procedure it would be 3600€ which is way more than what patients paid in the few cases that were needed.

I do not think there are doctors that can offer a 100% coverage of complication fixing. Clinics and people working in there will not offer that for free. The only thing I can offer as said is free cost of my work in case it is needed.

All the best

Interesting yeah 5k USD is definitely fine for me
Pages: [1]   Go Up