Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry if this is already posted else where but...(Centimeters/Inches per bone  (Read 5315 times)

TheOfficialAlex

• Visitor

I am 21 years old living in the states, and i stand at 165cm/65in, and i am currently doing research to do CLL within the next year. Ideally for me, it would be nice to get to 180cm/71in by doing splitting 7cm/3in per bone.

My question is, because ive seen various answers and results both here and over at old forum , is this a safe/achievable goal, and if it is, who would be the best doctor to speak to to get this done the right way? For me it seems pointless having the procedure done and only get 11 cm or 4 inches out of it.
Current:165cm/65in

Goal:180cm/71in

onedayillgrow

What's your sitting height/torso length?

mediocre

My two cents. 10 cm is the best number both for safety (acute and long term effects) and proportion. Those who do more than 10cm without issues are exceptions rather than the rule.

10cm is already huge. To put it in perspective that's the height equivalent of a coke in can (actually more like 11cm)!

If money is not a problem, I would go for Dr Paley.

I am 21 years old living in the states, and i stand at 165cm/65in, and i am currently doing research to do CLL within the next year. Ideally for me, it would be nice to get to 180cm/71in by doing splitting 7cm/3in per bone.

My question is, because ive seen various answers and results both here and over at old forum , is this a safe/achievable goal, and if it is, who would be the best doctor to speak to to get this done the right way? For me it seems pointless having the procedure done and only get 11 cm or 4 inches out of it.

onedayillgrow

My two cents. 10 cm is the best number both for safety (acute and long term effects) and proportion. Those who do more than 10cm without issues are exceptions rather than the rule.

10cm is already huge. To put it in perspective that's the height equivalent of a coke in can (actually more like 11cm)!

I'm gonna try and stretch my lengthening to about 11cm to 12cm xDDD Will that still be safe? xDDD

mediocre

There really is no absolute number. Number 10 is arbitrary.

Stretching definitely will help, but never a guarantee. The number will eventually depend on many factors but mostly on your body physiology and response to LL.

I would pick not only a competent but also an ethical (and personally, I'll pick a conservative) orthopod to discuss this with you, someone who won't promise unrealistic goals.

I'm gonna try and stretch my lengthening to about 11cm to 12cm xDDD Will that still be safe? xDDD

Metanoia

Hi,
your goal is very ambitious. First you should check whether you have good bone density and calcium values in your blood. For internals in femur you should also check whether you have straight bones and wide enough marrow holes. Afterwards it'll be easier to ascertain which goal to choose.
Choice of doctor depends on many factors. How much time and money do you want to invest?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

That's an ambitious but achievable goal.  Most LL surgeons will be willing to do 7.5cm per bone segment or more.  The doctor(s) you pick really depend(s) on your budget.

Taller

Also be aware that the whole process will likely take around 5 years, at least until you achieve a full recovery, that is. That's a big chunk of your life to be crippled for. However, if it's worth it to you, then go ahead. 180 CM is an above-average height almost anywhere. Are you sure your proportions can handle it?

Daylight

Yes, 5/segment should be set as a standard for optimum gain in LL. This is why I like about this forum. We know how to make us look more attractive and what is good for my body. We are fully aware of what is healthy for our body. I sincerely hope that this four will be more and more inclined to this 5cm rule.

mediocre

I will always be inspired by OldieButGoodie's diary. Did 6cm and running and skiing at 8 months!

theuprising

It can be done but I believe you'll look 'off' if you get my meaning.
Being 165cm means you'll have smaller wingspan, sitting height, hand size
pretty much a smaller everything compared to a guy who is 180 cm naturally.

When we mimic these heights with LL people can only get away with a certain
amount of cm a person at that naturally taller height before all their features
look weird in comparison to their limb length. This is why I don't think we should
aim for specific heights rather what we can get away with while still looking normal.

Example I am 171cm with 180cm wingspan and tall made me some mock-ups. Even
at 6cm per segment its pushing the bounds of normal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up