Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: guy in his early 30's doing LL, is it a dumb idea?  (Read 4111 times)

sandman51

• Visitor
guy in his early 30's doing LL, is it a dumb idea?
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »

Hello,
I'm in my early 30's, I live alone and my family doesn't support this decision at all. Nevertheless I'm considering taking this gigantic step and undergoing this surgery. This height issue has completely crushed my self-confidence from childhood to this day and I plan to overcome this   8)

Currently my height is about 169cm or 5 ft 6.5 in (also for the past year I've been wearing 2cm shoe insoles) and I think that gaining about 5 to 6 cm of height would put me in the "average guy" category and resolve this "issue" permanently, no shoe insoles bull , being able to walk by the beach on flip flops, going out with confidence..
In the country I live in, people of my ethnicity are usually around 175cm on average.

My budget is something around 15k USD and I can afford myself up to 6 months for going from surgery to be able to take care of myself, so this would mean walking with difficulty but without crutches and be able to drive a car and walk around short distances to go to work (no sports or significant efforts).

According to what I've seen, I can only afford external LL, since I live in south america I would prefer something close to home, but I would also consider going somewhere else like Russia, Spain or some other european country if you guys recommend it.

Is it possible to recover in 6 months after external LL like I mentioned?
Scaring is also something I think about, do people remove the scars with minor plastic surgery??
Should I wait and save more money to do internal (perhaps the prices would go down when this procedure becomes more mainstream??)
What do you guys think?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: guy in his early 30's doing LL, is it a dumb idea?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »

For 15k you will get surgery only in India(Russia is not recommended, a lot of people got screwed up there) and it's only cost for surgery and fixator, you need to add some money for 3 month stay, food etc.

And second, it depends on what kind of recovery we are talking about. After 6 months your bone will probably fully consolidate but what you will be able to do after it.... nobody really knows, people have different recovery speed.

Few people do, few people don't it's really up to you. Btw keep in mind that with most scar removal techniques you need to be light skinned.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »

For $15K, you'd be able to do externals in India.
And 6 months is a tight timeframe, especially for externals.

ub40

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »

For 15k you will get surgery only in India(Russia is not recommended, a lot of people got screwed up there) and it's only cost for surgery and fixator, you need to add some money for 3 month stay, food etc.

And second, it depends on what kind of recovery we are talking about. After 6 months your bone will probably fully consolidate but what you will be able to do after it.... nobody really knows, people have different recovery speed.

Few people do, few people don't it's really up to you. Btw keep in mind that with most scar removal techniques you need to be light skinned.

How light skinned? Do you have to be white or can a person with olive complexion use these methods as well
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:22:30 PM »

I dont remember corectly but i was checking up laser scar removal nearby(i have some scars on my arms because of my accident with glass when i was a kid) and they said the best results are with pale skinned people and in contraindications list there is mentioning of being tanned.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »

For 15k you will get surgery only in India(Russia is not recommended, a lot of people got screwed up there)

Which Russian doctor are you referring to? I am considering Dr. Barinov for 2017. Do you have proof?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:35:53 PM »

I wasn't referring to exact doctor just a country overall. But if you want examples well, RGKEY and crimsontide were lengthening with russian doctors.

Btw you somehow sorted out the visa issues?

TrueSpartan

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 03:23:17 AM »

RGKEY literally admits it was his own fault and not the doctors fault. Crimsontide I will agree with you on. But then look at India. Dr. Sarin and Dr. Sringari have had pretty bad results too, yet Dr. Parihar has had good results and is an excellent doctor. It'd be unfair to base this based on a country.

I have not heard of any problems with visa. If you have specific questions ask stripes or ecb1992. They are there right now and can give you the specifics.

Thatdude950

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 06:43:19 AM »

yes

Sweden

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »

The prices ARE down. It has never been this cheap to lengthen your legs before. You can find a "Doctor" in Pakistan that does it for you for 3.000$. Good luck with that.

If you have no other goal in life other than to drive your car and walk around like a zombie then you can do 8cm on tibias in India for 15.000$.

I bet you can get 17.000$ too so it's just up to you to decide. And dude, you're 30, what does your family have anything to do with this?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:57 AM »

I wouldnt say its dumb its just this is the time its taken for you to reach breaking point, thats all!

Im 33 and im getting it done, i did regret not getting it done earlier that way it would be over by now and id have had the height in younger years to use

Just be prepared for it, there are very very few oeople who could go through this! It is not for the faint of heart and is not for heavily muscled up string guys with thick tendons!

Im six weeks in and due to various things ive still not been able to walk yet which is getting very worrying

sandman51

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »

I've mentioned Russia because they pretty much invented LL surgery and I've seen a post on this forum that mentioned a complete treatment including living arrangements for around 13K USD.
Can you share a link perhaps of how people got screwed up in Russia?, I couldn't find one but perhaps I didn't look enough..

No offense to anyone in this forum but I won't go to India nor Pakistan.. 

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=437.0 There is crimsontide diary.

No offense to anyone in this forum but I won't go to India nor Pakistan.. 

I mostly considered India myself because of doctors like Parihar who trained under dr. Paley.

sandman51

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »

Thanks! I will read it!!

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »

Better to get it as quick as possible as it should be harder the older you get.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:37 PM »

How much does it cost in China?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

The Kaiser

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »

How much does it cost in China?

depend on the doctor but 100% you can find 10-15 k range
Pages: [1]   Go Up