Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleeping on side  (Read 2112 times)

Bigpoppapump

Sleeping on side
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »

Can anyone tell me how its possible or what to do to be able to sleep on my side during this procedure

I have external frames on my tibias and lying on my back to sleep is pretty much impossible.

Thanks

Conan

• Poursuivez vos rĂªves personne ne peut vous stopper
Re: Sleeping on side
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »

put one leg over the pillow and the other on bed.. I have mitkovic frames.. in the first 15 days I think it's impossible to sleep in your side but with time it will improve.. hard luck.

fujitora

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »

Put a pillow (soft one) between your legs to sleep sideways. This is how I sleep sideways
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:39 PM »

Put a pillow (soft one) between your legs to sleep sideways. This is how I sleep sideways

If you're able to it's better to sleep sideways with your legs fully extended. Sleeping with your legs bent like that will make it easier to get knee bending issues.

It's hard to follow the rules the doctors give out for leg positioning, though. I found that the lack of sleep and inability to get in a comfortable sleeping position was one of the worst aspects of the whole experience.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

fujitora

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:06:16 PM »

I agree with Kilokahn. I sleep with my legs folded because it's comfortable that way and I'm somewhat of an insomniac. During the first 2 months, I was only able to sleep for 3-4 hours a day. So I had to find a comfortable position to sleep properly.

But if you want to do the right thing, then sleep with your legs fully extended.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Mtall

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »

If you're able to it's better to sleep sideways with your legs fully extended. Sleeping with your legs bent like that will make it easier to get knee bending issues.

It's hard to follow the rules the doctors give out for leg positioning, though. I found that the lack of sleep and inability to get in a comfortable sleeping position was one of the worst aspects of the whole experience.

Does the same apply to those who are doing internal femur lengthening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up