Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back of knees super stiff whilst lengthening  (Read 1815 times)

Bigpoppapump

Back of knees super stiff whilst lengthening
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

Does anyone have any advice regarding stiffness you get behing your knees when lengthening its getting to the point now i cant sleep because of it. I also am in a lot of pain whilst trying to bend my legs in the morning, ive developed a sore right knee on the inside which feels swollen and can be oainful to the touch. Pin sites at the top feel as if they are on fire as well. Thanks

Quilox

• Visitor
Re: Back of knees super stiff whilst lengthening
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:17 PM »

Does anyone have any advice regarding stiffness you get behing your knees when lengthening its getting to the point now i cant sleep because of it. I also am in a lot of pain whilst trying to bend my legs in the morning, ive developed a sore right knee on the inside which feels swollen and can be oainful to the touch. Pin sites at the top feel as if they are on fire as well. Thanks

I have had similar issues (feel free to scope my diary). The only way is to KEEP MOVING IT. When you stop your knee only becomes more stiff and consequently the longer you leave it the stiffer it becomes. So I found anyway. Of course, you are in pain so the last thing you want to do is move but trust me, it sucks so much more when your knee is locked in one position because sooner or later you will have to move. I'm only 2/3 months into my LL but feel free to ask me any questions.

Oh and ICE it works wonders for me  ;) try and ice the parts of your knee that are inflamed and avoid the parts that aren't. I found using a single ice cube more useful instead of a bunch of them.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:40:38 PM »

Biking is good for knee stiffness.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:16:09 AM »

I have had similar issues (feel free to scope my diary). The only way is to KEEP MOVING IT. When you stop your knee only becomes more stiff and consequently the longer you leave it the stiffer it becomes. So I found anyway. Of course, you are in pain so the last thing you want to do is move but trust me, it sucks so much more when your knee is locked in one position because sooner or later you will have to move. I'm only 2/3 months into my LL but feel free to ask me any questions.

Oh and ICE it works wonders for me  ;) try and ice the parts of your knee that are inflamed and avoid the parts that aren't. I found using a single ice cube more useful instead of a bunch of them.

Thanks pal i think you are right il need to move it more. Im standing and have been fir 2 weeks or so now so i should be walking somewhat. I think anxiety over moving is causing me to stop its like my mind just won't let me. The weird thing is about a week after surgery i was moving around fine. I think my body is seizing up as its so used to being very active and all of a sudden spending time in bed has just been such a shock. I think its bad for me as ive spent 13 years weight training and bodybuilding this is a complete 180 for me.

I reduced my bodyweight from 103kgs to 82kgs to come here thinking it would relieve the stress off the frames, i atrophied a huge level of muscle mass, ive actually lost so much muscle already that my legs are now like toothpicks whereas before they were 27.5", im not sure anymore if the weight loss idea was a good thing. Ironically as well my bodyfat percentage is up despite the fact i must surely only weigh 75kgs or so.

Do you have any tips on how to get a good nights sleep as at the moment im finding it literally impossible

Mtall

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 06:01:36 PM »

Hey Bigpoppapump,
Which method are you using? Tibia or femur? And, reading your post, it seems like you're doing externals (correct me if I'm wrong)
Pages: [1]   Go Up