Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethnicity and Height Insecurity  (Read 5674 times)

applesandoranges

Ethnicity and Height Insecurity
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:34:50 PM »

After being on this forum for many months now, I noticed that many of the posters here are not fluent in English, so I assume you guys are a minority. I am myself a minority, and I do find it hard to cope with being shorter stature. I wonder why there's not a lot of "white-American" people here. Is it because if you're classically white, it's easier as a short person? What do you guys think? How many of you guys are an ethnic minority here?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Ethnicity and Height Insecurity
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:18:59 AM »

I'm from and living in a pure white country and half of my family lives in a chicago does it count?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:54:56 AM »

From the perspective of someone with only white European ancestry, I don't see being short as easier for me than for short minorities when it comes to certain things that people care about, like attention from women or how much respect people will show you. In some ways I think it can be more difficult because we're statistically the tallest on average, and people seem to be shocked/disappointed when you don't fit the tall white expectation. Some people seem to accept that certain ethnic groups are shorter on average and will not care about their height as much but if you're a short white guy it stands out a lot more that you're "different." Just as an example, I know a few women who dated minorities that were my height pre-lengthening and they didn't seem to care, but they would not date white guys who didn't meet their cut off point of 5'8. Weirdest thing to me, but then again I'm not a woman. 
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »

I think being a short male is hard full stop regardless of your ethnicity.

Im currently here in Beijing getting my legs lengthened and i noticed the chinese males are on average still a bit taller than me i was expecting them to be quite short same as the women. Id guess the average here to be around 5-9 for males 5-4 females a bit shorter than the 6-0, 5-6/7 average in the UK.

I agree as well if you go to places like asia they expect white males from the west to be in the 5-11/6' average if you are below they look at you with a 'what the hell happened to you' face

Ozymandias

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »

After being on this forum for many months now, I noticed that many of the posters here are not fluent in English, so I assume you guys are a minority. I am myself a minority, and I do find it hard to cope with being shorter stature. I wonder why there's not a lot of "white-American" people here. Is it because if you're classically white, it's easier as a short person? What do you guys think? How many of you guys are an ethnic minority here?

The fact that many of us are not very fluent in English does not mean that we are an ethnic minority, it means that we are from countries like Spain, France, China, etc, so English is not our first language.

Unless you consider anyone who is not "white-American" as part of a "minority", in which case you are saying that 97.5% of the world population is a "minority.  :)

Other than that, I don't see a direct correlation between ethnicity and height dysphoria.

Im currently here in Beijing getting my legs lengthened and i noticed the chinese males are on average still a bit taller than me i was expecting them to be quite short same as the women. Id guess the average here to be around 5-9 for males 5-4 females a bit shorter than the 6-0, 5-6/7 average in the UK.

British people, especially women, are not that tall.

Nightwish

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 09:25:54 AM »

Yeah, as a London living (white) Brit I can safely say the average is 5'9-5'10 depending on the area. Some places I've been to I've felt the average could be around 6'0 (pub by Bank, everyone was a giant, but that's literally a massive rarity to see something like that). Heck when I've been to the West Country I've not even felt that short. I'm for sure taller than the average woman.

One of my best mates is Chinese/ Thai descent and about a cm shorter than me and I don't think we're treated differently because of height. Reading some of the stories about I don't think we have it as bad as say Americans unless there's a lot of gross exaggeration in stories.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:11:44 AM by Nightwish »
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »

Yeah, as a London living (white) Brit I can safely say the average is 5'9-5'10 depending on the area. Some places I've been to I've felt the average could be around 6'0 (pub by Bank, everyone was a giant, but that's literally a massive rarity to see something like that). Heck when I've been to the West Country I've not even felt that short. I'm for sure taller than the average woman.

One of my best mates is Chinese/ Thai descent and about a cm shorter than me and I don't think we're treated differently because of height. Reading some of the stories about I don't think we have it as bad as say Americans unless there's a lot of gross exaggeration in stories.

It's a mixture of truth, confirmation bias, and exaggeration. The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle.

I'm from the tallest area of the USA and I don't feel that short, outside this area I feel quite average.

My 5'4.5 friend just got his 12th Tinder bang for the year yesterday, and he lives where I do...it's not that bad.
5'7.5

TnaTna

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »

Ha ha. A lot of us are simply from other countries. U.S.A. are not the whole world, and many people are living in places which do not have English as the primary language, even in Europe.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »

The fact that many of us are not very fluent in English does not mean that we are an ethnic minority, it means that we are from countries like Spain, France, China, etc, so English is not our first language.

Unless you consider anyone who is not "white-American" as part of a "minority", in which case you are saying that 97.5% of the world population is a "minority.  :)

Other than that, I don't see a direct correlation between ethnicity and height dysphoria.

British people, especially women, are not that tall.

Depends on the area you are in. North east Scotland has a lot of men and women in this range. I also noticed in oil companys that nearly all contractors/high level management were all above 6' averaging in the 6'-6' - 5" range. The younger generation are without a doubt in that range. With lifts on im like 5-9.5" and frequently encountered women as tall if not taller than this also guys easily 3-4" taller. The statistics in countries are well off this imo is down to the older generation bringing the average down significantly.

Countries like UK lost a lot of men during the war which again probably had something to do with lowering the national average. Hence the reason you see old ladies with little 5-2" husbands they married them as pickings of men were slim after the war so they either could accept smaller guys or live life alone.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 07:13:14 AM »

I come from a country where the average is 177. I dont know where all these 6'3+ guys come from but 190 is very very tall. I doubt younger generation uk or any other are that tall on average...
I learned some stuff during this time

ub40

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »

I come from a country where the average is 177. I dont know where all these 6'3+ guys come from but 190 is very very tall. I doubt younger generation uk or any other are that tall on average...

Confirmation bias or that people think 5'10 guys are actually much taller
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

CCMidwest

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »

My country has basically the same average.

My 6'7 cousin says he can count on one hand the number of times he has seen a man his height or taller, he's 30 years old.

My 6'4 buddy says he is the tallest person in the room 99% of the time, and he lives in the Midwest or Texas depending on time of year.

My 6'1 shrink says he is tall, and that he thinks 8 out of 10 men are shorter than he is, also from the Midwest.

My 6'1-6'2 father in-law says he is the tallest in the room "most of the time" and lives in the Pacific Northwest USA.

Being tall is valued in society because it is a minority.

It doesn't help that virtually every single 5'10-5'11 guy I've known lies and insists they are 6'
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »

The statistics in countries are well off this imo is down to the older generation bringing the average down significantly.

You can find government studies of height for most countries that show only young white men's height.

These studies show that the vast majority of white western countries have an average young white male height of 5'9-5'11
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 03:37:06 PM »

It's pretty sad that such a simple thing that you haven't any control on is so important that a lot of people need to lie about it.

And obviously i'm on the bottom of it but like with almost everything in my life.

Agreed. Average here is like 5'11 but when you are 6'3 and above you are medically called Tall Stature(taller than 97% of people your gender and age).

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 05:07:19 AM »

Two of my best friends are 6-0.5 and 6-2 both say that they notice the average height is a lot higher these days. My 6-0.5 friend says he feels around average height these days

Knik

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 07:36:13 AM »

average 6'2 at least and 18 cm for penis
Looking for Pili

Mtall

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »

I'm in India...and trust me, 90% of the guys here (middle class and upper middle class) are between 5.7 and 5.9. But those who are 5.10 insist they are 6' and no one disputes them because they're usually the tallest in the room.
One more thing I notice is that almost everyone over estimates their height.
A tinder match recently asked me my height and when I said 5.5, she said, "oh. I'm 5.7, are you still okay with meeting me?". Met her and she turned out to be a good inch or two shorter than me. then she refuses to accept she is not 5.7, but rather tells me that I must be 5.8 or 5.9   hahahaha.

Mtall

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 10:13:46 AM »

I'm from the tallest area of the USA and I don't feel that short, outside this area I feel quite average.

CC, which is the shortest area in the US?
I actually understand that its not that bad. But the reason I'm still going in for the surgery sometime next year is that...it will definitely expand your dating pool.
If I'm 5.5 and taller/equal to 50% of the women in the US, I can become taller/equal to 75% by doing LL. Thus, I've just expanded my options by half.
And, women are just generally important to me. So doing this procedure is more a "you gotta do what you gotta do" thing rather than a whim or fancy.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »

average 6'2 at least and 18 cm for penis

7'3 and 30cm for Canberra.

I actually understand that its not that bad. But the reason I'm still going in for the surgery sometime next year is that...it will definitely expand your dating pool.
If I'm 5.5 and taller/equal to 50% of the women in the US, I can become taller/equal to 75% by doing LL. Thus, I've just expanded my options by half.
And, women are just generally important to me. So doing this procedure is more a "you gotta do what you gotta do" thing rather than a whim or fancy.

How much do you plan to gain? I mean LL.

Mtall

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »

How much do you plan to gain? I mean LL.
[/quote]

5.6 cms will take me to 5.7 night height
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:42:54 PM by mtall »

CCMidwest

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »

I would have no idea what the shortest area is. I mean, the average is 5'10 for young white dudes, so that's pretty much what you are going to find. At 5'7 you can wear shoes with a nice heel and blend right in with the average. Areas with lots of minority's are shorter for the total male average though, obviously. (Think Cali, Texas, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Oregon, Washington State)

I've said it before though, if you're a short or shorter guy in the USA, live in a diverse larger city. I've lived in Seattle, Portland Ore, Denver, and Minneapolis, and I've also lives in several towns under 200,000 people. The quality of life is immensely better in larger cities. Lot's more options in everything, including women. (Minneapolis sucks balls though)

Edit: And to add, yes you would be taller than about 75% of women. That gets thrown around this forum a lot too, that women are taller than what the studies say it is, but that is not true. I am taller than the vast majority of women I see daily, even where I live. The real problem is that a lot of American women are wider than they are tall...
5'7.5

Nightwish

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

I'm in India...and trust me, 90% of the guys here (middle class and upper middle class) are between 5.7 and 5.9. But those who are 5.10 insist they are 6' and no one disputes them because they're usually the tallest in the room.
One more thing I notice is that almost everyone over estimates their height.
A tinder match recently asked me my height and when I said 5.5, she said, "oh. I'm 5.7, are you still okay with meeting me?". Met her and she turned out to be a good inch or two shorter than me. then she refuses to accept she is not 5.7, but rather tells me that I must be 5.8 or 5.9   hahahaha.

Ha, yeah. I have three close female friends, one claims 5'7.5 (is 5'6), another 5'9 (is 5'7.5) and another 5'6 (is 5'5). 

There was someone I dated who was taller than me by a hair, around 5'6, said to me "you're around 5'8 I'd guess"... Really?

I have a friend who is 167cm, he always used to claim 5'7 until I was like, nah mate. Another friend is around 5'9.5, claims 5'10.5.

Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »

You gotta realize that being white isn't equivalent to speaking English and speaking English doesn't mean the person is white.

Recently I traveled to China, people with standing height same as me told me he's 187 cm (while I know I'm somewhere between 5'11 and 6'). He told me in his country people measure their heights with shoes on - which is perfectly fine just like how we measure our heights in DMV in US. Thus I don't think adding in an extra inch (around 2 to 3 cm i believe) on your documents is something wrong and there's no reason to point out to humiliate people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up