Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is HSV/Herpes included in the blood test prior to limb lengthening?  (Read 2659 times)

exmachine

• Visitor

So I recently found out that having HIV or Hepatitis B would make you ineligible to have limb lengthening. I was so paranoid that I even got tested for STDs, Hepatitis A, B and C. Luckily, all came back negative.

However, I recently read on the internet that HSV/Herpes is very very very common. And it is NOT included in standard full STD tests because almost everyone who gets tested will come back positive. According to the World Health Organization, 67% of the population age 50 and below have it (http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/). That means more than half of the people under 50 years of age in this forum most likely has it. False positives are also common.

I don't have symptoms but I'm starting to worry again, since it does not show symptoms in a large number of people. If ever I do have HSV 1 or 2/Herpes but don't have any symptoms, will this disqualify me from having cosmetic limb lengthening?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:43:49 AM by sexmachine »

Ozymandias

Re: Is HSV/Herpes included in the blood test prior to limb lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »

So I recently found out that having HIV or Hepatitis B would make you ineligible to have limb lengthening. I was so paranoid that I even got tested for STDs, Hepatitis A, B and C. Luckily, all came back negative.

Sooo... you were concerned about having HIV or Hepatitis... because that would make you ineligible to have limb lengthening??  ???

This forum, man. It never stop amazing me.

exmachine

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »

Sooo... you were concerned about having HIV or Hepatitis... because that would make you ineligible to have limb lengthening??  ???

This forum, man. It never stop amazing me.

Well, both of these diseases are manageable through modern medicine. So I don't see how it could affect me aside from preventing me from growing taller.

exmachine

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »

Bump

Alu

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:34:31 AM »

You probably have Herpes, your mom probaby has Herpes. I probably have herpes. Some Llers have herpes... 80% of the word population has Herpes...

I don't see the point of this...

Nightwish

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »

Thanks to this thread I'm now on a train looking at everyone thinking they all have herpes.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »

You probably have Herpes, your mom probaby has Herpes. I probably have herpes. Some Llers have herpes... 80% of the word population has Herpes...

I don't see the point of this...

I had the PCR blood test for herps not long ago, and it was negative...

I feel left out now.
5'7.5

Alu

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »

Well I'll clarify for possible stupid replies I'll get later on.

There are two types of Herpes: HSV 1 and HSV 2.

HSV 1 is Oral Herpes, AKA Cold Sores. This is the one that is extremely common. Ever kissed or shared a drink? You could have possibly have been exposed to it.

HSV 2, that's the stigmatized and most know Herpes. That one you get in the testies. It's much less common, but it's basically in the same family as HSV 1.

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/herpes-simplex-virus

And again, just to further prove the point of how fking stupid this all is: chickenpox is a form of Herpes.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:43:54 PM by Alu »

LLCaptain

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »

I'm gonna assume 90% of the short guys on this forum are not having sex/never had sex, so herpes isn't a problem.

After LL, the 18 year olds started magically lining up BTW. Do LL so you have a greater chance to get herpes.

CCMidwest

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »

I'm gonna assume 90% of the short guys on this forum are not having sex/never had sex, so herpes isn't a problem.

After LL, the 18 year olds started magically lining up BTW. Do LL so you have a greater chance to get herpes.

Sad, but true.

What's your post LL height LLcaptain?
5'7.5
Pages: [1]   Go Up