Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilizarov frames - walking up stairs(Time)  (Read 2456 times)

doomsday

Ilizarov frames - walking up stairs(Time)
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »

Hello guys,

Im currently undergoing limb lengthening  by using the Ilizarov technique. I will  have my frames until full consolidation so  I wont have a nail put in my tibia.
Anyway I need to know when you guys were able to go up stairs and downstairs after stop lengthening.  I currently at 21 mm and can only stand for few. At the end of October I need to go back home and I have to walk upstairs and im worried i wont be able to do so.

Cheers

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: Ilizarov frames - walking up stairs(Time)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »

Going up stairs came first for me, probably 4 months after frame removal to be comfortable. Going down fluidly took about 6-7 months.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

doomsday

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 10:00:10 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I will have 2 months to learn to walk upstairs with mu frames after finishing lengthening  :/.  Im worried now :(

Polycrates.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 10:05:19 PM »

Everyone is different. I was paranoid about causing any deformities in my bones after frame removal, so I waited pretty much until full consolidation before weight bearing, which took about 4 months, and didn't worry about the other stuff until later.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

doomsday

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 10:51:22 PM »

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=320.186

"No my surgery was Mars 01, and yes walking up stairs was possible on my own after about 2 months after surgery, but i had to use my arms a lot and on the way down i kind of scooted down on my butt one step at a time. Now i barely need to use my arms for the stairs but i do anyway in case i would trip."

I found this from Wannabegiant and it seems that i will have to finish at 4 cm. Well that put me in a better mood.Also I need to get a walker and start walking. Standing for 15 min everyday seems not enough.

ub40

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »

Everyone is different. I was paranoid about causing any deformities in my bones after frame removal, so I waited pretty much until full consolidation before weight bearing, which took about 4 months, and didn't worry about the other stuff until later.

No weight bearing at all? Weren't you worried about ballerina and muscle atrophy?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Polycrates.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »

I developed both. Those can be corrected with time, a bone malalignment has to be surgically corrected. That was my logic, anyway.

Pages: [1]   Go Up