Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arm lengthening? Scars?  (Read 2754 times)

pricelessprincess

• Visitor
Arm lengthening? Scars?
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »

Hey everyone!
I've been thinking about getting my legs extended by 6 inches, but I've been told my arms will be too short compared to my legs.  How much do you think I should extend my arms? And what about scars? Will I have to get scar revision done? Should I extend my arms along with my legs or later? Thanks for your time guys, I really appreciate it. :*

Penguinn

Re: Arm lengthening? Scars?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:33:36 PM »

Arm lengthening is not worth it AT ALL in my opinion. They'll be short but you won't look like a T-Rex with 5 inches more in the legs, and I doubt anyone will care. Like I told you, do approximately 2 inches in tibias and 3 in femurs if you want to lengthen a big amount. If your LL goes well, you can do 6cm tibias and 8cm femurs, which is 14cm, 5.5 inches.

CCMidwest

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:57:21 PM »

OP, with all due respect, you're probably better off sticking to one of your posts here and asking questions there instead of creating multiple new topics.

Most of your questions can be answered in various threads on this forum anyway. Not trying to be rude at all, don't misunderstand.

My understanding of arm lengthening is that the nerves in the arm are more susceptible to damage then those in the legs. Speaking from experience from an arm injury I had in my teens, I believe that to be true. I had a compound fracture in my right arm that required a sort of plating to resolve, and my ulnar nerve has never, and will never be the same.

An example would be hitting my "funny bone" on that arm is painful enough for me to lose consciousness.

I've never seen an LL'er that had obviously short arms, neither in pics on this or the old forum, or in the 12 cosmetic patients I have spoken too in real life or over skype.

I do not think arm lengthening is necessary or worth the risks.
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »

I've never seen an LL'er that had obviously short arms, neither in pics on this or the old forum, or in the 12 cosmetic patients I have spoken too in real life or over skype.

I do not think arm lengthening is necessary or worth the risks.

True that.
http://i.imgur.com/a63FErX.jpg
That's Crazy+6(I think) who went from 5'4 to 5'11. Even his arms don't look THAT short.

CCMidwest

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »

True that.
That's Crazy+6(I think) who went from 5'4 to 5'11. Even his arms don't look THAT short.

7 inches...

My god.

BRB, gonna be 6'2.5

(of course, I'd still wear 5cm cowboy boots to be 6'4.5...where I live I might be average than lol)
5'7.5

Alu

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 04:18:39 PM »

True that.

Ahh yeah I remember him. Dude was one of the first people I read about in regards to LL. Gave me hope for a second, then realized how ridiculous I would look lol. I bet that poor guy won't ever be able to walk normally again..

Deads

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »

True that.

Daddy long legs haha

LLCaptain

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »

OP, you don't have much money so you'll be doing externals in a 3rd world country. Chances are you haven't read a diary on external femurs, let alone cosmetic arm lengthening.

How about you think long and hard about doing external tibias, break your legs, hide from the public for a year, and endure mass amounts of pain before you think about working on your arms?
Pages: [1]   Go Up