Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A recent article on height distribution around the world  (Read 7309 times)

aspirant185

A recent article on height distribution around the world
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36888541

The nations with the tallest men in 2014 (1914 ranking in brackets):
Netherlands (12)
Belgium (33)
Estonia (4)
Latvia (13)
Denmark (9)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (19)
Croatia (22)
Serbia (30)
Iceland (6)
Czech republic (24)

(In brackets is the ranking of the country back in 1914)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

Re: A recent article on height distribution around the world
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »

http://www.ncdrisc.org/height-map-mean.html

This is the interactive map.

Going through it (and seeing the 1996 born dudes and she-dudes) it is more than clear that the average height now is not 6' all around the world....

5'10-5'11 in the tall european countries. 5'9-5'10 in the vast majority of the western world. Only the netherlands and belgium stand at a 6' average.

Hereby, the thesis that for some reason all the people in this forum beleive that everyone around them is 6' clearly shows that they are either concentrated only on tall dudes and girls or that they are actually shorter than what they say/believe they are.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:01:03 AM by TIBIKE200 »
I learned some stuff during this time

paddy10tellys

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:44:17 AM »

http://www.ncdrisc.org/height-map-mean.html
Hereby, the thesis that for some reason all the people in this forum beleive that everyone around them is 6' clearly shows that they are either concentrated only on tall dudes and girls or that they are actually shorter than what they say/believe they are.

Being on here does that. This forum reinforces distorted thinking. It's definitely made me worse...
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

CCMidwest

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »

Being on here does that. This forum reinforces distorted thinking. It's definitely made me worse...

Not sure how much you are on the internet, but this is one of the least distorted height related places on the 'net.

I feel ya though, lots of BS on here. That's why I push back on the "everyone is 6 foot" crap.

Tibike & aspirant...good stuff guys.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »

I will even elaborate on that.

It's been a week or so that my height neurosis for no apparent reason is gone. Woke up one morning and it wasnt there anymore.

So I started to walk with flat shoes again during this week. If before even in boots with the corrective insoles that gave me 4-5cm I felt short compared to guys and almost equal to women, now, when I walk with my mind free of this obsession, I can actually see how much my mind distorted my views... If before even with the special shoes I would rarely see someone shorter than me, now they are everywhere. I began to see women short again compared to me.
 I still feel below average but I no longer suffer for it nor do I see myself as extremely short or who knows what. It's an amazing feeling. And it just goes to prove that alot of it has to do with our minds rather than reality (I am talking to the 5'7 guys and up since I am in that category... Can't talk for shorter folks).

With all that being said, I will still do LL this January... Because if height neurosis will come back (and it will...) it would be the same   all over again.

The View

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »

This is very good data, does anyone have any information on where I can get data on distributions e.g. quartiles etc.

LLCaptain

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:10 PM »

It's been a week or so that my height neurosis for no apparent reason is gone. Woke up one morning and it wasnt there anymore.

With all that being said, I will still do LL this January... Because if height neurosis will come back (and it will...) it would be the same crap all over again.

TIBIKE, this is why I don't answer your PMs, because you're a huge mess. You seem to have wallowed in your depression/neurosis and have these unpredictable emotional swings where you just say a bunch of crap that makes you less and less credible every day.

From your initial promotion of tibias being the greatest and safest method, to the TIBIKE family scandal, to your claims of "almost" being a doctor and trying to give our community scientific answers to everything. How can you say you don't have height neurosis today and then in the next paragraph that you will do LL this january? Maybe you jerked off last night and realized life isn't so bad, who knows?

You know enough about LL now, go make some money or something, because I'm not really sure what you're contributing here.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 09:00:57 PM »

LLCaptain, play nicely! Too harsh...
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:30:48 AM »

Well LLcaptain, the money has been collected so this january it happens.
 And I am sure not contributing to the forum, but so are you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:57:27 AM by TIBIKE200 »

Deads

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »

TIBIKE, this is why I don't answer your PMs, because you're a huge mess. You seem to have wallowed in your depression/neurosis and have these unpredictable emotional swings where you just say a bunch of crap that makes you less and less credible every day.

From your initial promotion of tibias being the greatest and safest method, to the TIBIKE family scandal, to your claims of "almost" being a doctor and trying to give our community scientific answers to everything. How can you say you don't have height neurosis today and then in the next paragraph that you will do LL this january? Maybe you jerked off last night and realized life isn't so bad, who knows?

You know enough about LL now, go make some money or something, because I'm not really sure what you're contributing here.

Agree with this...

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 05:37:50 AM »

Agree with this...

hahaa, guess who came back. Are you still considering the surgery ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Deads

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »

hahaa, guess who came back. Are you still considering the surgery ?

From time to time ;)

Im keen to see how Penguinn goes with his surgery..... And obviously I love reading about stupid depressing s**t.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:43 AM »

Im keen to see how Penguinn goes with his surgery.....

Knik

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:34 AM »

Belgium ?!
I never felt that they were so tall
Looking for Pili

Cartman

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 09:30:24 AM »

Italians are taller than people in UK, Poland and USA? Hahahaha, maybe in our dreams...  ;D

Knik

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »

Italians are taller than people in UK, Poland and USA? Hahahaha, maybe in our dreams...  ;D

Americans look tall, but as American culture requires above all cinema is certainly a skewed vision. I've never been to the United States, and if we exclude cities like New York or Los Angeles where there are a lot of foreign tourists I dont think they are so tall. Especially as AfroAmericans are not tall (except for basketball) and Latinos less. And there is a big asian communauty 
The celebrities are lying, like Jimmy Fallon this drugged pig. And sports men are often above the average
Looking for Pili

Auron

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »

Americans look tall, but as American culture requires above all cinema is certainly a skewed vision. I've never been to the United States, and if we exclude cities like New York or Los Angeles where there are a lot of foreign tourists I dont think they are so tall. Especially as AfroAmericans are not tall (except for basketball) and Latinos less. And there is a big asian communauty 
The celebrities are lying, like Jimmy Fallon this drugged pig. And sports men are often above the average
What about Jimmy Fallon? He seems to be the 6" he claims to be.

Knik

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »

What about Jimmy Fallon? He seems to be the 6" he claims to be.

don't think, he looks average so maybe 5'10 5'11 (maybe I'm wrong but I know some 6footer and they look taller so I would be surprised)
but the biggest liar is Rhett who claims 6'7 / 6'8 but looks significally shorter than 6'7"25 (now 6'9 with shoes) listed Kevin Love  https://www.instagram.com/p/tI9Oc1w7Sy/?taken-by=rhettmc that's the proof even tall guys add centimeters

I digress ...
Looking for Pili

CCMidwest

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »

As an American, I partly blame Hollywood & the media for the height obsession that seems to have infected the world.

I've been to almost every state in the USA, 5'9-5'10 is correct for an average young white male.

Blacks are shorter by an inch or 2 on average compared to whites. Asians are shorter by an inch or 3 on average compared to whites. Hispanic men are shorter by more like 3 inches on average.

One of the reasons I didn't even realize I was 'short' for most my life was I grew up in an area where white was the minority (mostly Asians, Hispanics, and Blacks)

And most of my romantic success has been with Hispanic and Asian women. Very, very little romance with white girls. I can only assume that is height related.
5'7.5

Knik

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »

As an American, I partly blame Hollywood & the media for the height obsession that seems to have infected the world.

I've been to almost every state in the USA, 5'9-5'10 is correct for an average young white male.

Blacks are shorter by an inch or 2 on average compared to whites. Asians are shorter by an inch or 3 on average compared to whites. Hispanic men are shorter by more like 3 inches on average.

One of the reasons I didn't even realize I was 'short' for most my life was I grew up in an area where white was the minority (mostly Asians, Hispanics, and Blacks)

And most of my romantic success has been with Hispanic and Asian women. Very, very little romance with white girls. I can only assume that is height related.

This is a thought I had too. Today, to be a respected star have to be tall, and tall in Hollywood is at least 6'1. See how Tom Cruise is humiliated with photomontages. The other problem is the social networks that feed it all.
But this is not new, The Duke is suspected to have worn lift with his cowboy shoes (new proof that even tall guys can be insecure)
As the study shows, Asians are not so small that people think except in the poorest countries. Conversely, in Belarus, which must be one of the poorest in Europe the average is still high country.
Looking for Pili

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 04:00:46 PM »

It's weird cuz tom cruise got tons of crap about his height but for example johnny depp not and he is just a bit taller than cruise.

Knik

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »

It's weird cuz tom cruise got tons of crap about his height but for example johnny depp not and he is just a bit taller than cruise.

True maybe they have the same height or 1-2 one more for Depp
but because of Tom Cruise insecurity is known and in some cases this is because of a small build but that is not the case here
the more fun it is to see that it is people who have a similar height (between 5'6 and 5'9) that will laugh at him
Looking for Pili

Auron

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »

There is like 8cm between both.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 04:46:12 PM »

8cm my ass.

Auron

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »

8cm my ass.
You're probably not aware of Tom's custom shoes lol.Oh, and their posture are totally different in this photo.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »

They both have lifts.

CCMidwest

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 05:07:10 PM »

Depp is in Cuban heels, Cruise is in lifts. Both probably give 5cm.

Lifts are very common in Hollywood. In the movie "Clear and Present Danger" there is a scene where you can see that Harrison Ford is in lifts, and he is already like 6'.

In other news... I got called short today for the first time since I was a teen (other than by my mother)

Female doctor at urgent care, who had about 2" on me (and I'm in cuban heels today, about 5'10)

Her: "You're kinda short...or maybe I am just tall"

Me: "You're a true amazon...I like it"

Then we flirted, so whatever.
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »

In other news... I got called short today for the first time since I was a teen (other than by my mother)

Female doctor at urgent care, who had about 2" on me (and I'm in cuban heels today, about 5'10)

Her: "You're kinda short...or maybe I am just tall"

Me: "You're a true amazon...I like it"

Then we flirted, so whatever.

Damn son.

CCMidwest

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 05:10:48 PM »

Damn son.

Three of the four women I interacted with at the urgent care place were taller than me...welcome to the midwest.

(although I acknowledge that is unusual even around here)
5'7.5

Auron

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »

They both have lifts.
Tom cruise's shoes are in a different league lol

That bending.

Auron

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »

Three of the four women I interacted with at the urgent care place were taller than me...welcome to the midwest.

(although I acknowledge that is unusual even around here)
That's it, let's book the surgery.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up