Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys - how are the options in Russia for external tibias?  (Read 2877 times)

Out of Touch

• Visitor

I was a member of the old forum in 2010 and was only a 19 year old broke college student interested in LL. Now at 25 I can finally afford up to 35,000 euros LL so I've been looking at adding 6.5cm to my tibias. There is a good chance I will change careers in 2016-2017 so this gives time for LL while I'm decently young.

At the moment I'm considering the Russians (Solomin, Bagirov, or Barinov) or POSSIBLY Dr Parihar from India. How do these guys compare with each other? Or they're all good for their price? How about Mitkovic?

Height: 170cm morning, 168/169cm afternoon
Wingspan: 176cm
Sitting height: 89cm

And yeah my sitting height is pretty small. My legs are probably longer than most guys at 5'6/5'7 but I don't mind having long legs. That height gain is too crucial around that 170 mark.
~168.5cm at night (5'6 1/2)

Goals: 6.5cm femur and 5cm tibia

Out of Touch

• Visitor
Re: Hey guys - how are the options in Russia for external tibias?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:28:50 AM »

This is irrelevant but after obsessing with LL in 2010, I actually managed to get over my height for a good 5 years.

I put height past me, but others don't. Short is short. LL is the only solution.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 04:34:23 AM »

This is irrelevant but after obsessing with LL in 2010, I actually managed to get over my height for a good 5 years.

I put height past me, but others don't. Short is short. LL is the only solution.

So for 5 years you werent considered short and now you are considered again? What happened?
I learned some stuff during this time

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:37:02 AM »

and in relation to your question, why not Catagni? The surgery is 25k If I remember correctly and you have an extra 10k for living

Out of Touch

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:41:51 AM »

So for 5 years you werent considered short and now you are considered again? What happened?

I deluded myself into believing that I was ok with my height, but deep down I'm not and I realised that in 2016.

Regarding Catagni, just simply lack of researching. I'll read Catagni diaries while I decide. I've got a few months at least. Cheers.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:45:51 AM »

Important thing is that you should not get into a spiral of anger or regret about not doing it sooner.

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »

Well I'm going to Dr. Parihar in a month, my diary might help you. Precice 2 with him is $42000 though.
Edit: Oh externals, I'd definitely vouch for him then.

I don't know anything about Russia.

Out of Touch

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »

Important thing is that you should not get into a spiral of anger or regret about not doing it sooner.

Absolutely.

Well I'm going to Dr. Parihar in a month, my diary might help you. Precice 2 with him is $42000 though.
Edit: Oh externals, I'd definitely vouch for him then.

I don't know anything about Russia.

Oh yes Penguin I've been keeping track of your diary. Will be very eager to see how your femurs go. If it goes well, I may do femurs. I actually wanted to do femurs with Birkholtz but I'm still a ways to go financially for that. I'd rather do femurs than tibs because I think you can do 7 with less chance of complications than 7 for tibias (though I dunno about the science).

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:59 AM »

Oh yes Penguin I've been keeping track of your diary. Will be very eager to see how your femurs go. If it goes well, I may do femurs. I actually wanted to do femurs with Birkholtz but I'm still a ways to go financially for that. I'd rather do femurs than tibs because I think you can do 7 with less chance of complications than 7 for tibias (though I dunno about the science).

The femur is a longer, stronger bone. Precice 2 with Parihar would cost 38K euros + the cost of staying in a hotel throughout lengthening because he wouldn't let you leave. Kilo says that's $1500 a month, so 4000 euros assuming a 3 month stay.
It's not cheap either.

Out of Touch

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 09:20:46 AM »

The femur is a longer, stronger bone. Precice 2 with Parihar would cost 38K euros + the cost of staying in a hotel throughout lengthening because he wouldn't let you leave. Kilo says that's $1500 a month, so 4000 euros assuming a 3 month stay.
It's not cheap either.

Alright thanks for the info - tibia it is lol.

TnaTna

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »

What about Solomin ?
He is incredibly cheap and looks more qualified/serious than most of Indian surgeons.
Would it be secure with him ?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »

A lot of people can't do LL in russia cuz of visa related issues.

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »

Based off the diaries here and on old forum, there is no way I'd ever use a Russian doctor. No way.

The only Indian doctor I'd even remotely consider is Dr. Parihar, and that is based off a single diary. (KiloKhan's)

I admit that there is some bias on my part beings that I am American, and us American's tend to think less of other countries. (No offense to anyone)

But, it's hard to argue against the standard of care in a 1st world country. So...if I did external tibia's, it would be with Dr. Catagni or Dr. Pili.
5'7.5
Pages: [1]   Go Up