Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi can you guys help me?:)  (Read 2130 times)

kiddx

• Visitor
Hi can you guys help me?:)
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:49:03 AM »

Hi guys, i am really glad that i found this forum because my height has been letting me down for many years and i think most of us share the same problem. I am 23 years old and my height is 165cm, i am really nervous when i read about these surgery especially the recovery time and risk factors involving this type of surgery but still i am open to it. I though that adding 5 cm would maybe suit me the best so i would stand 170-171 maybe. So my question is that you guys help me find out if it is worth it? i see there are many doctors that do this surgery and some of them look really shady if i am to be honest. I am seeking out to the people that know more about this and hopefully have experienced this 5cm lengthening. What would you guys think the recovery time would be approximately? and lets say that i had been putting some work in the gym before the surgery, would i loose all the muscles during the recovery time? and would i still be able to play football and any sports after the surgery? and how would this surgery normally work out? would they put screws in my leg? i would really like it someone could explain to me how it would work adding 5cm.

One last question, since i want to add a little more to my height to start with, is there anything that is not involved with surgery that can help? maybe some extra height to put in my shoe to add 2-3 cm? or just anything?

Hopefully you guys can help and i am looking forward to seeing you're replies :)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Hi can you guys help me?:)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:57:39 AM »

5cm on one segment is not as risky as 7cm for example, huge majority that lengthen 5-6cm had good outcome and mostly recovered most of their pre op athletic abilities in a year after frames were taken off.

If it's worth it? Depends if you are willing to spend for this surgery around 15k-60k usd(depends on a doctor) and if you will be satisfied with 5cm gain.
Basically that question is for you to answer.

You can play sports after the surgery.

How it works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_fixation

If you don't want the surgery you can buy shoe lifts(they mostly give around 1-2 inches).

kiddx

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:30:47 AM »

i am going to do more research about these surgery's, until then i may have found a way to increase my height up to 6 cm, i made a new threat about it and hopefully it can help some of you aswell

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3651.0

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:57:34 AM by kiddx »

positivehero

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:04:21 PM »

5 cm is not risky, my doctor allowed me 6 cm.

James24

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 08:41:14 PM »

Seems you are really new to this thing

If you are extremely dissatisfied with your height, in which it's affecting your life greatly, such as holding you back from being yourself or facing depression because of it, Yes. It would be very much worth it.

But you need to be very familiar with everything that's about to come.
5 cm's is a perfect amount and can be done very safely with no complications, You can recover in about 5 - 6 months

Yes you'll mostly be inactive and you will lose some muscles
You can play sports or football after a year or so after the surgery

To me, it doesn't seem like you are in a bad state pal, since you're easily satisfied with shoe lifts :D
Good for you :) Wish you the best
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

The Kaiser

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:37:40 PM »

5cm on one segment is not as risky as 7cm for example, huge majority that lengthen 5-6cm had good outcome and mostly recovered most of their pre op athletic abilities in a year after frames were taken off.

If it's worth it? Depends if you are willing to spend for this surgery around 15k-60k usd(depends on a doctor) and if you will be satisfied with 5cm gain.
Basically that question is for you to answer.

You can play sports after the surgery.

How it works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_fixation

If you don't want the surgery you can buy shoe lifts(they mostly give around 1-2 inches).

Thats not gonna happen.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:41:38 PM »

Explain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up