Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is our consensus on Sarin/Sringai?  (Read 7262 times)

kneehowguys

What is our consensus on Sarin/Sringai?
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »

So all these Sarin and Sringai diaries...

Are they bunk? BS? Not real? Sugar coated? Authentic?

Man I remember early 2013 thinking to myself gonna get HLN for 20k and this will all be done in no time.

Nope.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Re: What is our consensus on Sarin/Sringai?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »

Never in history of mankind has two doctors ruined the lifes of so many in so short period of time.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »

actually I just read few of your posts in various threads.
Try to read other peoples diary instead of posting stupid questions that have been answered over and over.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »

Never in history of mankind has two doctors ruined the lifes of so many in so short period of time.

Statically untrue.

Smallguy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »

Statically untrue.

People just giving out baseless claim like this and name-calling are the reasons why I think I should spend more time studying than visiting these forums.

Having said that, I oblige to give my own opinion.

I think both of these doctors are lousy (compare to likes of Paley, Franz, & Guichet), but I wouldn't say they ruin people's lives. In fact, most of Sarin's "foreign patients" are fiercely loyal to him. That's why they defending their doctors on old forum  and were banned.

I think both of these doctors have great intention but whether they have the skills or take the necessary precaution to prevent their patients from suffering from unnecessary complication is another question.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:23:00 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Taller

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »

Smallguy, did Dr. Sarin ever say the reason that he is doing cosmetic LL? I heard elsewhere that it was not to make money, but for a "mission" of his. Do you know anything about this?

I am trying to find out as much about Dr. Sarin as possible since he is one of the only doctors in my price range, so everything you've shared about your experience means a ton to me and many others I'm sure.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

Go at your own risk, and only if you can't save up the money to go somewhere else.

Taller

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »

I am also considering Dr. Mitkovic for femurs though. How did Jungle cope with the pain of lengthening his externally? Did the external fixator cost him any range of motion?

If I decide that Dr. Sarin is too risky, I will just lengthen my tibias with Dr. Barinov, but I believe that I'll be more proportional with my femurs lengthened as my tibiae are already almost as long as my femurs. When I get closer to being able to have my surgery, I'll post some proportions photos. It's hard to find a good time window (not to mention sufficient funds) as a university student, but I'm determined to make it happen. This forum is all about educating one's self about doctors instead of blindly taking the plunge. I think it would be rash to rule our Dr. Sarin completely without first thoroughly researching him and listening to his various patients' positive and negative reviews.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:35:22 PM by Tall »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »

I don't know how Jungle coped with the pain.  The guy was superhuman in some ways, but even he didn't want to have a second external femur fixator installed after experiencing the first one.  I don't know about his ROM because I didn't keep in touch with him.

Agreed about Dr. Sarin.  He shouldn't be written off completely.  Even SysOp says he's a skilled surgeon despite not recommending him, and says he'll take him off the not recommended list if he gets his post-care act together.

Smallguy

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »

Smallguy, did Dr. Sarin ever say the reason that he is doing cosmetic LL? I heard elsewhere that it was not to make money, but for a "mission" of his. Do you know anything about this?

I am trying to find out as much about Dr. Sarin as possible since he is one of the only doctors in my price range, so everything you've shared about your experience means a ton to me and many others I'm sure.

He told us the reason he studied cosmetic LL in Ukraine was because he wanted to help his daughter become taller. I can't confirm if that's true but I do know he has a daughter who he cares about really much. He said he'll fix any complication you have and it's just a matter of time. I agree with this statement because he didn't give up on me. And he also encouraged me to stay longer to recover but I needed to go back home to keep my job.  I don't think he has made any money off from me with all the surgeries I had plus I stayed there for 6 months and paid only $15,000 USD equivalent of $15k Cdn at that time. My incomes was $6250/month so I didn't know why I was so frugal with this type of life endangering surgery.

But if I can go back in time, I should have gone to China. At this moment, I would go with Dr. Franz. Any doctor who takes the time to respond to patient's concern should be on your list.

Would I recommend Sarin to my friends and family? No. But I wouldn't mind going back there myself for femur lengthening if his hydraulic has a good track record of success. To go to a shady place like India for a life endangering surgery like this requires you to have a certain kind of mindset. Growing up in a comfortable country like Canada didn't prepare me for treachery of India. You need to use your own common sense and be your own doctor sometime. I listen to many people like Crazy 6, who was only there to profit from other patients, really screwed me over. When there is a problem, you need to bring it to the doctor's attention and you need to fight and constantly harass him until he fixes your problem. If you're meek, expect a Spa-like treatment, or expect constant hand-holding from your doctor or cry, then you won't make it.

I know of a patient who was in the Navy and he was fine with Sarin.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Doflamingo

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »

actually I just read few of your posts in various threads.
Try to read other peoples diary instead of posting stupid questions that have been answered over and over.
If you have nothing useful to say, you might as well just leave since no one will miss you.

OP: I think Sarin has more experience than Sringari but that doesn't make him any better.

mediocre

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 01:39:47 AM »

They say for doctors to avoid getting sued, studies show that they just have to be nice. If they'd do wrong patients/family will still unlikely sue.

Unfortunately, doctor personality and patient results are too different things.

In fact, most of Sarin's "foreign patients" are fiercely loyal to him. That's why they defending their doctors on old forum  and were banned.

I think both of these doctors have great intention but whether they have the skills or take the necessary precaution to prevent their patients from suffering from unnecessary complication is another question.

Muse

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »

So all these Sarin and Sringai diaries...

Are they bunk? BS? Not real? Sugar coated? Authentic?

Man I remember early 2013 thinking to myself gonna get HLN for 20k and this will all be done in no time.

Nope.

There was a post back in March 2013 on old forum  questioning the authenticity of some of the Dr Sarin diaries, in terms of whether they were glossing over the negative aspects.  It was deleted very quickly by Sysop.  I will write another post later with more details.

Meanwhile you can read more about the Doctors here

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=97.0
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=136.0

and Diaries of patient experiences here

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?board=3.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:36:04 AM by Dameon »

Adriano

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »

Hi guys,

I have decided to do LL with great doctor next year.

I am on a tight budget and I cant see myself with fixators for in and out of my legs. That leaves with me with one option,,, HLN.

Does anyone know what the latest news are with the HLN and or Dr sarin?

Thanks in advance for your contribution/advice...etc fellow vetrans and members.

Its my time to take a leap of faith

TRS

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »

Hi guys,

I have decided to do LL with great doctor next year.

I am on a tight budget and I cant see myself with fixators for in and out of my legs. That leaves with me with one option,,, HLN.

Does anyone know what the latest news are with the HLN and or Dr sarin?

Thanks in advance for your contribution/advice...etc fellow vetrans and members.

Its my time to take a leap of faith
Have you thought about doing PRECICE with Dr.Shah/Dr.Parihar or the Jamal nail with Dr.Jamal?
Their price seems close to HLN lengthening with Dr.Sarin.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

Adriano,

Please think that through extremely carefully. There's no point committing to an almost guarantee of throwing your life away because you can't afford it yet. There is talk about multiple doctors developing new internals that will be delivered at cheaper costs. I'd highly suggest you do not go to India for internals, unless it is with Parihar or Shah.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Adriano

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »

Adriano,

Please think that through extremely carefully. There's no point committing to an almost guarantee of throwing your life away because you can't afford it yet. There is talk about multiple doctors developing new internals that will be delivered at cheaper costs. I'd highly suggest you do not go to India for internals, unless it is with Parihar or Shah.

Poly,

My only option is HLN or precise with Dr Parinah* (sorry for the spelling)
Let me know if I am not up to date?

Taller

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »

You can have Dr. Sarin implant your HLN for $25,000, and then meet with Dr. Parihar or Dr. Shah to make sure that your alignment is good and that your lengthening is going well. That might be worth looking into.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

I think HLN is not stable yet go for precise at leat
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »

didn't the only HLN patient get a major internal bone infection?

Taller

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »

Seriously though, the HLN would be amazing if just about any other doctor offered it. I still think that you could have Dr. Sarin implant your HLN for $25,000 or less, and then meet with Dr. Parihar or Dr. Shah to make sure that your alignment is good and that your lengthening is going well. That might be worth looking into.

Basically, you use Dr. Sarin for the hardware, surgery, and nothing else.

HLN is supposedly fully weight bearing.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »

Seriously though, the HLN would be amazing if just about any other doctor offered it. I still think that you could have Dr. Sarin implant your HLN for $25,000 or less, and then meet with Dr. Parihar or Dr. Shah to make sure that your alignment is good and that your lengthening is going well. That might be worth looking into.

Basically, you use Dr. Sarin for the hardware, surgery, and nothing else.

HLN is supposedly fully weight bearing.

That would be wise thinking if this were something that didn't pertain to the health of the body. The initial operation is the most critical part of the process, and this is where most errors are made. Parihar or Shah would probably cost you as much as you paid for the initial op to fix you, so there is no point to this.

Sarin is known to not properly insert his nails, causing the valgus tendency nearly all of his patients have. At least Sringari made sure to use a guide to drill his holes and insert the nail straightly. None of his patients have prominent x-legs, including me.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

programdude

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 01:15:25 AM »

I have personally met someone who Sarin badly messed up, who is here with Paley getting fixed up and seems like he is going through a hard and costly time, not to mention even more time needing to be spent after the already long process of LL.

That really drives home the reality of Sarins incompetence to me.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1]   Go Up