Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Safe limit for femurs with internal nails  (Read 8269 times)

onemorefoot

Safe limit for femurs with internal nails
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:51:28 PM »

If I went to this surgery, which amount do you think is the limit for femurs? Does it worth it for a 5 8 or 5 9 person?
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Safe limit for femurs with internal nails
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

6cm

You need to answer it for yourself, it depends where are u living(average male height etc).
If i would be 5'9 i dont think i would look into this surgery, maybe 1 segment at absolute best.

aussieboy

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:13:52 PM »

Spoke to my doctor, he says 8 cm is pushing it, 10 cm is almost insane. 6 cm seems fine. But 4 cm is best - full recovery to sports. Unless you are an elite athlete.

Auron

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:12:11 PM »

Judging from what I've read so far, the limit should be somewhere between 6 and 8cm. Your flexibility seems to play a huge role but you can work on it in advance.

Nightwish

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »

From what I've read - and been advised by a dr - six seems the magic number.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 07:10:36 PM »

Have you contacted any LL doctor?
I learned some stuff during this time

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »

Yes I have contacted many, but now I am saving money for the procedure. If I did it I would increase 6.5-7 cm in both femurs not a mm more. I dont like sports so it is not a problem.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »

Yes I have contacted many, but now I am saving money for the procedure. If I did it I would increase 6.5-7 cm in both femurs not a mm more. I dont like sports so it is not a problem.

good. So now save money. You have all the info you need. You have no reason to stay in the forum.

About safety? There isnt a golden rule besides the more the riskier.

About proportions? You will know while you lengthen when to stop.

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »

Save money will take a long time, so in that time I prefer to stay here, because I think we never finish learning.

LLCaptain

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »

About safety? There isnt a golden rule besides the more the riskier.

I normally would not agree with TIBIKE200, but here he is correct.

People who say 6cm or 7cm don't know what they're talking about. It depends on your body, some people can do 8cm perfectly fine with no stretching beforehand and go through the process with absolutely no pain. Others are not as fortunate.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 05:56:33 PM »

I normally would not agree with TIBIKE200, but here he is correct.

People who say 6cm or 7cm don't know what they're talking about. It depends on your body, some people can do 8cm perfectly fine with no stretching beforehand and go through the process with absolutely no pain. Others are not as fortunate.

Since you have already done it and I guess you did have the chance to meet former patients and maybe even see patients in the process while you were as well, what was the average plus minus? I guess it wasnt 8 or 7.

LLCaptain

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 06:12:53 PM »

Since you have already done it and I guess you did have the chance to meet former patients and maybe even see patients in the process while you were as well, what was the average plus minus? I guess it wasnt 8 or 7.

90% of the guys I met were under 170cm, and 7-8cm is the norm on femurs. I saw more people doing 8cm than 7cm. There are many patients who do not write a diary here, because if you think about it, people who can afford internals are usually more educated and have more money. Why would they waste their time here feeding the trolls?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 06:18:48 PM »

90% of the guys I met were under 170cm, and 7-8cm is the norm on femurs. I saw more people doing 8cm than 7cm. There are many patients who do not write a diary here, because if you think about it, people who can afford internals are usually more educated and have more money. Why would they waste their time here feeding the trolls?

Yeah I know... I have spoken with something like 25 patients already and only 2 of them have a diary here. It sure would have been mentally easier learning about LL through other methods (The news report I posted a few months ago that was made in Israeli TV was published after I discovered the old forum... Lucky me).

Only good thing about these forums is that among all the wierdos there are a few who can actually give you some real info and not speculation or weird ideas about lengthening 2+2 or who knows what...

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 06:31:15 PM »

I have not understood why some doctors are so expensive, if maybe there are others with the same nail that can do it as well as them.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »

Ye let's recommend 8cm on one segment so next time we will be flooded with people how LL is crapy tradeoff and how their lives got destroyed.

Nope i'm not going to join that.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »

Ye let's recommend 8cm on one segment so next time we will be flooded with people how LL is crapy tradeoff and how their lives got destroyed.

Nope i'm not going to join that.

It's stupid to even recommend... It's not like you go into surgery paying beforehand for a specific height gain.... You will stop when either your body or your doc (if he is responsible) will tell you to stop

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »

Depends on your current height until certain point, but exceed 8 cm in one segment, just very tall people could do it maybe.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »

It's stupid to even recommend... It's not like you go into surgery paying beforehand for a specific height gain.... You will stop when either your body or your doc (if he is responsible) will tell you to stop
But saying someone can do 8cm on one segment perfectly fine is just an outright lie

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »

But saying someone can do 8cm on one segment perfectly fine is just an outright lie

based on?

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »

One thing is true most of us here are 175 or under, so will be a little risky to do 8 cm in one segment.But someone whose height is 180+ theoretically could do it well.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 07:04:56 PM »

based on?

Living examples, doctor experiences etc.

You want to gamble with your life? Go on then it's not my damn life and health but with invasive surgery as LL you should minimize the risks not increase.

Oh and it depends what you mean by "perfectly fine".

justdoit

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »

Living examples, doctor experiences etc.

You want to gamble with your life? Go on then it's not my damn life and health but with invasive surgery as LL you should minimize the risks not increase.

Oh and it depends what you mean by "perfectly fine".

I will have to say this, does the surgery actually worth it if one can't get up to 3inches per-surgery. You might as well live throughout your life on lift ( I bet no one will notice 2inches lift). By the way, I will like to know people who did up to 8 cm and the result they got. I've seen couple of 7-7.5 cm doing fine but they won't tell me if they have chronic pain of something more serious

CCMidwest

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Of the 12 cosmetic LL patients I have spoken to, not one was over 170 to start. Most ended up around 170 or so post LL. Only 2 did 8cm, the rest did between 5-6. One only did 4cm because of proportions and knee problems.
5'7.5

Auron

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »

For me, unless I can length at least 5cm, it's not worth it. However, if I reach 4cm and the doctor says its risky for me to length more I won'r risk it. Safety comes first in my book.

CCMidwest

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 03:19:11 PM »

I will have to say this, does the surgery actually worth it if one can't get up to 3inches per-surgery. You might as well live throughout your life on lift ( I bet no one will notice 2inches lift). By the way, I will like to know people who did up to 8 cm and the result they got. I've seen couple of 7-7.5 cm doing fine but they won't tell me if they have chronic pain of something more serious

The counter argument to this though...

If I LL for 5cm, and wear 5cm boots afterwards, I would then "gain" a total of 10cm. That would put me 5'11-6' in boots. 5'9-5'10 without boots.
5'7.5

justdoit

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »

For me, unless I can length at least 5cm, it's not worth it. However, if I reach 4cm and the doctor says its risky for me to length more I won'r risk it. Safety comes first in my book.

I haven't done this surgery but I believe the lengthening limit is individualized. It may not be based on starting height but ones nerve,soft tissue and blood vessel elasticity. The problem most people have is they are always on pain med so they don't realize when the nerve is starting to get to its limit. I believe the most effective  n safe way to lengthen is to avoid pain med as much as u can, then listen to ur body n communicate any change in sensation to your doctor.

Auron

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »

I haven't done this surgery but I believe the lengthening limit is individualized. It may not be based on starting height but ones nerve,soft tissue and blood vessel elasticity. The problem most people have is they are always on pain med so they don't realize when the nerve is starting to get to its limit. I believe the most effective  n safe way to lengthen is to avoid pain med as much as u can, then listen to ur body n communicate any change in sensation to your doctor.
I believe you are right. That's why I separate the amount I want to achieve from the amount I can achieve. I do believe that traning your elasticity, muscles, etc before the surgery is key for a good lengthning phase.

Auron

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »

I have not understood why some doctors are so expensive, if maybe there are others with the same nail that can do it as well as them.
Reputation, experience, facilities, etc.

onemorefoot

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »

Hahaha some are so expensive because fame, but I think that it sometimes wont help you in a real surgical experience, fame sometimes is unjustifiable.

justdoit

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »

Hahaha some are so expensive because fame, but I think that it sometimes wont help you in a real surgical experience, fame sometimes is unjustifiable.

In general I think this doctors are expensive because there are few doctors who perfume this surgery (Demand vs supply rule). Those who are new with the surgery will screw up a couple of people's leg before they can be reputable and jerk up the price.

onemorefoot

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »

Can be, although Sarin is not expensive, even his internal nails.I understand that in India is cheaper but he has been almost the same price for a lot of time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up