Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noticeable change?  (Read 3441 times)

Auron

Noticeable change?
« on: July 18, 2016, 02:09:15 PM »

Yo,

I'm 171,5cm (5,75") and considering LL on femurs. For everyone who has done between 6 and 8 cm of LL, have your friends, family, colleagues, etc noticed your height change? Have they barely noticed? Have they been like "wtf dude, you're much taller!"? What has been their reaction, if any? If possible, I'd like you to share your starting ehight, current height and reactions (even if you have lengthned below 6cm).

Thank you!

*edit* I was reading my post while thinking that usally we introduce ourselves by saying our name and then we get to the point. In this forum we usually introduce ourselves by saying our height before we start the conversation. lol ::)

onemorefoot

Re: Noticeable change?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »

They react and surprise, but you can say that you had a growth spurt and justificate yourself.
Budget will determine my future.

Auron

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »

They react and surprise, but you can say that you had a growth spurt and justificate yourself.
Yeah, or I can answer back " No, I think you're the one whos shorter" lol.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:26:30 PM »

Hahaha that sounds cool, but you know people sometimes becames agressive when you tell them the truth.

aspirant185

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 12:33:32 AM »

I actually know somebody who did LL (in Russia), he turned 5.5 cm taller , friends asked how he grew initially he said well I didnt really grow, just you see me that way for some reason etc, bu the problem was that he actually was the same height as his friends (around 172-3) so they really insisted on knowing when happened and he said he was run over by a car and doctors had to expand his bones to fix the trauma and a side effect was the cosmetic change in height but it was of course not worth it all the pain and recovery time, so his friends just acted surprise that sth like that exists, felt sorry for the guy for a few days and then forgot about it.

Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:36:46 AM »

aspirant185, do you remember your height at 16 years?

LLCaptain

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 12:45:46 AM »

Most people in this world are not aware of CLL and it will not be their first thought when they see a taller you.

Not a single member of my family noticed, not even college housemates that I lived with for years. Most people who noticed asked me if I lost weight. After a significant period of time away, people forget what your height used to be.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »

Most people in this world are not aware of CLL and it will not be their first thought when they see a taller you.

Not a single member of my family noticed, not even college housemates that I lived with for years. Most people who noticed asked me if I lost weight. After a significant period of time away, people forget what your height used to be.

Strange... Since you went from short to a little below average... I would have imagined something atleast from your relatives The israeli who went from 163 to 172 said the reaction was immense.
I learned some stuff during this time

Auron

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 08:34:10 AM »

Hummm,

So my guess was right. What I initially thought was that people around my height will immediatly notice my change of height, or at least, notice it easier than others. If you're like younger than 22 people will probably assume that you just had a sudden growth spurt and won't even mention it I guess.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »

This is one of if not the biggest reason why I'm conflicted with LL. My family are quite visual (leaning on the superficial/narcissistic side) so if I disappeared for a year "travelling"   ;)  and came back 2- 3 inches taller, they would definitely know and interrogate me like a grisled detective lol. This is the "hump" that irks me not the 3-6 months of isolation, pain, immobility, opioid withdrawals, possible complications. I'd like to just say "adios, I'm moving to Florida" (Hello, Dr. Paley :))
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

ub40

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »

This is one of if not the biggest reason why I'm conflicted with LL. My family are quite visual (leaning on the superficial/narcissistic side) so if I disappeared for a year "travelling"   ;)  and came back 2- 3 inches taller, they would definitely know and interrogate me like a grisled detective lol. This is the "hump" that irks me not the 3-6 months of isolation, pain, immobility, opioid withdrawals, possible complications. I'd like to just say "adios, I'm moving to Florida" (Hello, Dr. Paley :))

Well it's easier said than done, when you actually do go through the pain, isolation, complications, and the immobility you'll think differently. And opiod withrawals?? Which doctor is prescribing morphine and oxy's, that seems like just asking for trouble
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

DoingItForMe

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 08:26:14 AM »

Didn't matter how much of a gap in time it was between pre-LL and post-LL, they all noticed. Here are some of the reactions I got from friends:
Childhood friend who I haven't seen in many years: "Turns out that you're not actually short. I thought you were short, but you're not."
Friend who hasn't seen me in a few years: "You do look taller, but I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure."
Friend who saw me just prior to LL: "Dude, you're tall. Are you like 5'11" or something?"
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

programdude

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

Its quite noticeable
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1]   Go Up