Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg length discrepancy  (Read 2114 times)

Afterlife

• Visitor
Leg length discrepancy
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »

Hey there, this is my first post here so I would like to welcome everybody!

So I have simple question. Some time ago I had an spine xray which shoved that I have a mild scoliosis. After consulting a doctor he said that this is because I have one leg shorter than another for about 1cm. This caused scoliosis, pelvis rotation and overall my left side of body is a little higher than right.

So at this moment this doesn't bother me much because I shouldn't have problems with this as doc said. My body adapted to this condition and even with scoliosis I shouldn't have big problems with my spine etc. Maybe in the future I will consider doing an operation to lenghten my leg and I would like to ask you about one thing. I am also medium bow legged (genu varum). Is it possible to correct this condition while doing limb lengthening at the same time?

Thanks for an answer!

CCMidwest

Re: Leg length discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

Hey there, this is my first post here so I would like to welcome everybody!

So I have simple question. Some time ago I had an spine xray which shoved that I have a mild scoliosis. After consulting a doctor he said that this is because I have one leg shorter than another for about 1cm. This caused scoliosis, pelvis rotation and overall my left side of body is a little higher than right.

So at this moment this doesn't bother me much because I shouldn't have problems with this as doc said. My body adapted to this condition and even with scoliosis I shouldn't have big problems with my spine etc. Maybe in the future I will consider doing an operation to lenghten my leg and I would like to ask you about one thing. I am also medium bow legged (genu varum). Is it possible to correct this condition while doing limb lengthening at the same time?

Thanks for an answer!

Really? (see bolded)

My right leg is almost 2cm shorter than my left, I just wear a wedge in the right shoe to make up the difference. Can it really cause all that?
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:31:45 PM »

My right leg is almost 2cm shorter than my left, I just wear a wedge in the right shoe to make up the difference. Can it really cause all that?

Wait what? An inch of discrepancy causes no problems?
Oh well, at least if you choose to lengthen you know what reason to tell people.;D

Afterlife

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »

Really? (see bolded)

Then I suggest you to check your spine and pelvis because there might be a problem with them.

Here's my xray: http://prntscr.com/bkh0u9
You can see that left side of pelvis is higher (also left arm is higher) and spine bent to the other side to compensate this. This is because left leg is longer.

CCMidwest

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »

Then I suggest you to check your spine and pelvis because there might be a problem with them.

Here's my xray: http://prntscr.com/bkh0u9
You can see that left side of pelvis is higher (also left arm is higher) and spine bent to the other side to compensate this. This is because left leg is longer.

My apologizes for jacking your thread, this just surprises me is all. My doc said it's not an issue for me, although I do have fairly chronic hip pain in my right hip.

Wait what? An inch of discrepancy causes no problems?
Oh well, at least if you choose to lengthen you know what reason to tell people.;D

Some troubles, yeah.

My insurance will only cover 3cm and above for discrepancy. Otherwise I would of done it and just paid for the other leg myself to get taller with Dr. Paley for about $60,000
5'7.5
Pages: [1]   Go Up