Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for you guys  (Read 3320 times)

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor
Question for you guys
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »

Could you guys let me know if you need to take an anticoagulant with Dr. Paley?

I know he prescribes them to his patients, but would there be an extreme consequences if I just didn't take them, I've read they can kill your sex drive and lower testosterone levels, so I'm thinking about skipping out on them altogether, I'm also currently taking numerous natural blood thinners(Turmeric, Fish Oil, Bromelain, Ginger, Vitamin E, etc) and I take vitamin K and I'm a very young and healthy person so I don't understand why I would have to take them when I'm on so many natural blood thinners that help to prevent blood clots anyway.

Thanks

TIBIKE200

Re: Question for you guys
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:46:59 PM »

Could you guys let me know if you need to take an anticoagulant with Dr. Paley?

I know he prescribes them to his patients, but would there be an extreme consequences if I just didn't take them, I've read they can kill your sex drive and lower testosterone levels, so I'm thinking about skipping out on them altogether, I'm also currently taking numerous natural blood thinners(Turmeric, Fish Oil, Bromelain, Ginger, Vitamin E, etc) and I take vitamin K and I'm a very young and healthy person so I don't understand why I would have to take them when I'm on so many natural blood thinners that help to prevent blood clots anyway.

Thanks

Because after surgery you have a nail stuck inside your leg... Of course now you dont have any tromboembolic events... You are young... I am smoking but guess what? Still no heart attack...
  You need to take them in order to lower the risk of tromboembolic events... I have never seen any research linking eparin or warfarin to lower testosterone and sex drive.
I learned some stuff during this time

justdoit

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »

The claim is not true. You need to take it to lower your chances of embolism(dvt prophylaxis) the worse is pulmonary embolism (can lead to death) and you will live on anticoagulant if that develops. In short, just take your med.

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:17:26 AM »

The claim is not true. You need to take it to lower your chances of embolism(dvt prophylaxis) the worse is pulmonary embolism (can lead to death) and you will live on anticoagulant if that develops. In short, just take your med.

Yeah but I still want to take my supplements too which may enhance the effects of it. I might just tell him to prescribe a lower dose and explain why(because of my health supplements), hopefully he will still allow me to take them in combination with a lower dose of an anticoagulant.

CCMidwest

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

The manufacturer of coumadin says 5% of men experience a drop in T levels, and that T levels returned to normal after stopping the warfarin.

Vitamin K is a strong blood coagulent, so make sure Dr. Paley knows you take it.
5'7.5

ortholengthening

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:11:27 AM »

If I were in your situation not taking blood thinners would not be an option.
Virchows triad (stasis, injury, hypercoagulability) puts you at risk for blood clots.
After having major orthopedic surgery you fit the defition of someone who is a sitting duck for blood clots. As already mentioned you can get an pulmonary embolism and die. Or in some cases get a clot that can make its way to the brain and result in massive stroke (worse than death IMO). Add to that smoking and obesity then even greater risk.

Also, also mentioned by CCMidest, vit K makes you clot even more.... in fact when patients have blood level that is too thin from warfarin it can be reversed with vit K to make them clot. People who take warfarin regularly even have to be careful with their diet and amount of green leafy vegetable etc. If I were you I would avoid vit K post surgery unless your blood level became exceedingly thin for whatever reason.

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »

Also, also mentioned by CCMidest, vit K makes you clot even more.... in fact when patients have blood level that is too thin from warfarin it can be reversed with vit K to make them clot. People who take warfarin regularly even have to be careful with their diet and amount of green leafy vegetable etc. If I were you I would avoid vit K post surgery unless your blood level became exceedingly thin for whatever reason.

In the USA, they give Vitamin K injections to newborns and the mother both to reduce blood loss and chance of hemorrhage.

I understand the concern with taking warfarin though, since it's the main ingredient in rat poison. (makes them bleed out internally)
5'7.5

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »

If I were in your situation not taking blood thinners would not be an option.
Virchows triad (stasis, injury, hypercoagulability) puts you at risk for blood clots.
After having major orthopedic surgery you fit the defition of someone who is a sitting duck for blood clots. As already mentioned you can get an pulmonary embolism and die. Or in some cases get a clot that can make its way to the brain and result in massive stroke (worse than death IMO). Add to that smoking and obesity then even greater risk.

How long after LL could I begin taking it again?

Do you think I could I start taking it as soon as Paley says it's time to get off the blood thinner?

I don't see how it would matter if I'm taking vitamin K again one year after lengthening or something...

As I use it as a health supplement and it is healthy. Vitamin K alone won't cause blood clots, not to mention I also take MANY natural blood thinners, like krill oil, diet high in fatty fish, turmeric, a variety of adaptogens that can and do thin the blood,  cayenne pepper, cinnamon, gingko biloba, all my vitamins and micro nutrients like Vitamin E and C which can thin the blood, ginger root, etc...all of these supplements also prevent blood clots, which is why I believe an anti-coagulant is foolish and unnecessary to prescribe to me while I take all this stuff. Same with anti-inflammatory drugs because I consume so many natural anti inflammatory supplements and foods. I'm in excellent shape and very low bodyfat so I would be at an extremely low risk of a blood clot.

Individuals under blood thinning medications should increase consumption of vitamin K as it interacts with them. Consumption of kales, broccoli, lettuce, turnip greens, mustard greens, soybeans and canola increases levels of vitamin K in the body.

http://bloodclotrecovery.net/warfarin-and-vitamin-k/

ortholengthening

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 11:15:23 PM »

You sound very pro naturopathy and " all natural" fad. If you are so pro all natural, rather than having a devistating complication after undergoing a risky modern medicine surgical procedure from not following basic instructions, you might as well stick with your all natural kale, voodoo and ask your naturopath to help you get taller.

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 05:32:23 AM »

You sound very pro naturopathy and " all natural" fad. If you are so pro all natural, rather than having a devistating complication after undergoing a risky modern medicine surgical procedure from not following basic instructions, you might as well stick with your all natural kale, voodoo and ask your naturopath to help you get taller.

I'm not pro "naturopathy" I've never even heard the term before. I'm just healthy and base everything I ingest on the most up to date scientific literature and research. I'm also in medical school, and know a thing or two about this stuff, you evidently have no idea what in the hell you're talking about claiming Vitamin k causes blood clots.

Leg lengthening or no leg lengthening Vitamin k does not, and will not increase my chances of a blood clot, although it does assist the body in with natural coagulation. What it will do however is effect the efficacy of the anti-coagulant medication, many of which actually drain and suppress the bodies Vitamin k which it needs for other functions as well. I'm sorry but eating healthy and ingesting supplements isn't "voodoo", you sound like an unintelligible confused old man. "All natural" also isn't a "fad" it's just a healthier means of living, also laughing my ass off at the idea that eating kale has something to do with voodoo.

Does other people making healthier choices in life bother you? I'm sorry sweetheart.

ortholengthening

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »

Medical school? You should know better. Never heard of term naturopathy before? And you claim to be in medical school?

Unless you're premed, DO program or some Caribbean school in which case I can understand you're ignorance (even then hard to justify your lack of knowledge)

Most up to date scientific literature ??!!?? Dr google and the joke of a website you referenced earlier may be considered evidence based medicine in your joke med school but doesn't suffice in any other school.

In fact, go ahead have a major orthopedic surgery, not take any anti coagulants, doubt you'll be able to type very well after your massive PE

Good luck

justdoit

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 11:04:29 PM »

Medical school? You should know better. Never heard of term naturopathy before? And you claim to be in medical school?

Unless you're premed, DO program or some Caribbean school in which case I can understand you're ignorance (even then hard to justify your lack of knowledge)

Most up to date scientific literature ??!!?? Dr google and the joke of a website you referenced earlier may be considered evidence based medicine in your joke med school but doesn't suffice in any other school.

In fact, go ahead have a major orthopedic surgery, not take any anti coagulants, doubt you'll be able to type very well after your massive PE

Good luck

Hahaha, that's roasting. You got me thinking, are you in the medical line as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up