Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: how many of you plan on going to a psychatrist?  (Read 13019 times)

JP

how many of you plan on going to a psychatrist?
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:31:45 AM »

how many of you plan on going to a psychiatrist before LL?

ub40

Re: how many of you plan on going to a psychatrist?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »

In Serbia it's mandatory
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:35:47 AM »

Only if my doc makes an evaluation mandatory.

CCMidwest

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

I've been going to a psychiatrist about 6 hours a month since January.

5'7.5

JP

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »

I've been going to a psychiatrist about 6 hours a month since January.

Hi. I was curious if your psychiatrist advised you to do LL?

CCMidwest

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

Hi. I was curious if your psychiatrist advised you to do LL?

Well, he had the usual "break your legs!?" reaction at first.

But he never advised either for, or against it. Told me it was my decision and that he would support me either way.

He did help me weigh the pros and cons of it all though, based off my life and studies of how height effects men's lives.

Between him, my sister, a close friend, and a cool dude from this forum, I'm in a much better place mentally.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »

He's the reason I'm on the forum though. Told me to create an account and talk to men that have actually done it. Said that would make me realize I shouldn't do it.

So far, he is right.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »

He's the reason I'm on the forum though. Told me to create an account and talk to men that have actually done it. Said that would make me realize I shouldn't do it.

So far, he is right.

I am really happy for you
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 07:38:37 PM »

I am really happy for you

Thanks bro.

Still wanna be taller though, lol
5'7.5

ortholengthening

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 02:58:15 AM »

dude you seem to be a fairly regular buzzing about on this forum.
you have financial means. just get it done. regardless of results you won't be wondering "what if" every single day

also what part of midwest US you from? I'll be settling in the midwest eventually.

I'm coming to a point in life where I may have 4 months off next year - 2017. flirting with thought of going with Dr. G. I know 4 months isn't much time. but I figure if I did 5 cm, 4 months maybe just enough to barely get by.  ideally I would like 6 months and go with 6.5 cm.

CCMidwest

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »

dude you seem to be a fairly regular buzzing about on this forum.
you have financial means. just get it done. regardless of results you won't be wondering "what if" every single day

I'm actually not on here much, just comment a lot when I am.

I'm not one of these rich guys that have a lot of freedom. More of a slave now then I was when I just worked for other's.

As for doing LL. I admit I'm undecided. I don't really consider myself 'short', so...

also what part of midwest US you from? I'll be settling in the midwest eventually.

Upper Midwest.

I'm coming to a point in life where I may have 4 months off next year - 2017. flirting with thought of going with Dr. G. I know 4 months isn't much time. but I figure if I did 5 cm, 4 months maybe just enough to barely get by.  ideally I would like 6 months and go with 6.5 cm.

Dr. Guichet seems like a good choice. I like his attitude, he seems like he's not afraid to speak straight and push his patients hard...I like that.
5'7.5

Chris

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »

I once got mocked so badly because of my height that I eventually hit someone really hard. It happened on impulse, I didn't want to hurt anyone actually :(
Then I had to talk to my principal and he then kinda sentenced me to go to a psychiatrist on a regular basis in order to avoid getting expelled for the rest of the semester.
What a douche >:(  Then my psychiatrist told me that getting depressed or even aggressive, because the people around me have to tell me how short I am almost every f*ing day is a bad thing. I'm the issue and I have to change my thinking. Some things in life like my height couldn't be changed, but it would also make me unique as a person and once I had learned to accept myself I would finally be able to see, that in reality, the people around me also accept me the way I am.

Just utter bullcrap!

Don't go to a psychiatrist. Especially under a certain height there is only one way out of your depression --> LL

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:31:16 PM by Chris »
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Alu

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »

I once got mocked so badly because of my height that I eventually hit someone really hard. It happened on impulse, I didn't want to hurt anyone actually :(
Then I had to talk to my principal and he then kinda convicted me to go to a psychiatrist on a regular basis in order to avoid getting expelled for the rest of the semester.
What a douche >:(  Then my psychiatrist told me that getting depressed or even aggressive, because the people around me have to tell me how short I am almost every f*ing day is a bad thing. I'm the issue and I have to change my thinking. Some things in life like my height couldn't be changed, but it would also make me unique as a person and once I had learned to accept myself I would finally be able to see, that in reality, the people around me also accept me the way I am.

Just utter bullcrap!

Don't go to a psychiatrist. Especially under a certain height there is only one way out of your depression --> LL

Sorry that was your experience... but I beg to differ. It's helped me at 5'4, but of course it does depend on your shrink...

Chris

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »

Sorry that was your experience... but I beg to differ. It's helped me at 5'4, but of course it does depend on your shrink...
Now that's interesting, because I'm slightly below 5'4. Everyone is experiencing life so differently :D
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »

Depends on country you are curently living in.
Average male height here is 5'11 and when im upper 5'5 i feel like a gnome.

Some people deal with their short stature some people don't nothing new.

CCMidwest

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 11:30:56 PM »

Chris,

I tried 4 other shrinks before this one. All said what yours said, so I fired them.

The one I see now said, "Yes, height is important for a man. If you like, we can discuss ways to deal with that both mentally and with your dealings with others"

Boom. Sold.

Of course, my perspectives are from someone at 5'7.5
5'7.5

JP

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »

it would also make me unique as a person and once I had learned to accept myself I would finally be able to see, that in reality, the people around me also accept me the way I am.

he's right, this is why everyone else won't actually do LL.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »

he's right, this is why everyone else won't actually do LL.

Actually reasons are: fear, ignorance of the existance of such procedure, budget, got into a relationship that boost self confidence (main reason for wanting this is self confidence), life situation that won't permit going into a lengthy process.

Acceptance of the setbacks is not being happy, it's just coping. If you were able to accept the setbacks for whatever reasons possible, good for you

JP

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 12:28:37 PM »

Actually reasons are: fear, ignorance of the existance of such procedure, budget, got into a relationship that boost self confidence (main reason for wanting this is self confidence), life situation that won't permit going into a lengthy process.

Acceptance of the setbacks is not being happy, it's just coping. If you were able to accept the setbacks for whatever reasons possible, good for you

I feel like not every short person wants LL, they would really like to be taller but they won't go through it because they are ok with who they are.

Mtall

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 01:18:57 PM »

Just utter bullcrap!

Exactly! I'm sorry, but to be frank: If you have an option like LL, do it. That might be a rough road for a few months, but the option of seeing a shrink is.... accepting defeat, may I call it?

Mtall

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »

Acceptance of the setbacks is not being happy, it's just coping.

Wisdom has been spoken.

CCMidwest

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »

Exactly! I'm sorry, but to be frank: If you have an option like LL, do it. That might be a rough road for a few months, but the option of seeing a shrink is.... accepting defeat, may I call it?

Accepting defeat?  ???

No.

You have to have a reasonable expectation of what a shrink can do for you. If you are below average height and expect a shrink to be able to make you happy about your height, you're in for a disappointment. That's not what a shrink is for.

A shrink is for helping you to work past depression, anxiety, and cognitive distortions of the mind. A good shrink will help you to see reality as it is. (depression and "unhappy" are NOT the same thing)

If you go to a shrink and still decide LL is in your best interest, then so be it. If that decision is made from a calm, rational state of mind, then go for it. Why wouldn't you? Being taller sounds awesome. A good shrink will not try to talk you out of LL, they'll give you the mental tools to make the right decision for yourself.

If you are making that decision while desperate or unhappy...I don't think much will change for you post LL.

If you are already in that calm rational state of mind, then why go to a shrink? Pointless. Lot's of guys here are not in that state of mind though, and are doing LL (or interested in it anyway) because of desperation, depression, and anxiety. That's how people end up at sh*t doctors and with severe complications.

Now, if you're average height for your country? Well, then you should see a shrink for other reasons. Like narcissism, self-esteem issues, and probably social anxiety disorder.

I'll tell you this though...

I am only 4cm short of my country's average. That puts me in that awkward height range (that borderline height) where I am not really short, but not average either. Makes it hard to know if LL is the right course or not, because I honestly don't see how it would improve my life other than ego satisfaction. There is nothing I can't do at this height that an average height guy can't do.

If I was any shorter though? Like most guys here on this forum? There would be nothing that would stop me from getting LL.

But there is no reason to be miserable with yourself while you save the cash to do it, and seeing these guys go to sh*t docs out of desperation just kills me inside.

Just be smart about it.
5'7.5

Moubgf

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 06:35:27 PM »

Accepting defeat?  ???

No.

You have to have a reasonable expectation of what a shrink can do for you. If you are below average height and expect a shrink to be able to make you happy about your height, you're in for a disappointment. That's not what a shrink is for.

A shrink is for helping you to work past depression, anxiety, and cognitive distortions of the mind. A good shrink will help you to see reality as it is. (depression and "unhappy" are NOT the same thing)

If you go to a shrink and still decide LL is in your best interest, then so be it. If that decision is made from a calm, rational state of mind, then go for it. Why wouldn't you? Being taller sounds awesome. A good shrink will not try to talk you out of LL, they'll give you the mental tools to make the right decision for yourself.

If you are making that decision while desperate or unhappy...I don't think much will change for you post LL.

If you are already in that calm rational state of mind, then why go to a shrink? Pointless. Lot's of guys here are not in that state of mind though, and are doing LL (or interested in it anyway) because of desperation, depression, and anxiety. That's how people end up at sh*t doctors and with severe complications.

Now, if you're average height for your country? Well, then you should see a shrink for other reasons. Like narcissism, self-esteem issues, and probably social anxiety disorder.

I'll tell you this though...

I am only 4cm short of my country's average. That puts me in that awkward height range (that borderline height) where I am not really short, but not average either. Makes it hard to know if LL is the right course or not, because I honestly don't see how it would improve my life other than ego satisfaction. There is nothing I can't do at this height that an average height guy can't do.

If I was any shorter though? Like most guys here on this forum? There would be nothing that would stop me from getting LL.

But there is no reason to be miserable with yourself while you save the cash to do it, and seeing these guys go to sh*t docs out of desperation just kills me inside.

Just be smart about it.

If you got a nail stuck in your foot. you dont go to a person talking to them about how you feel about having a nail stuck in your foot.
What you do is you remove the nail from the foot and thats that'.

When are atleast LL people gonna get that its not about GETTING TALLER. No one gives a fk about getting taller. It's about getting rid of the discrimination that is attached to that certain height. So if i could pay 300.000 USD to remove discrimination and still stay the same height i would. But i unfortunately need to change my bone length to make people see me as equal in social worth.

What a shrink is for is for unrational Phobias and PTSD. These are the only fields that a well groomed shrink can help you.

Ofcourse you need a basic evaluation before to show your current state of mind. But other than that a psychaitrist wont help nothing.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

If you got a nail stuck in your foot. you dont go to a person talking to them about how you feel about having a nail stuck in your foot.
What you do is you remove the nail from the foot and thats that'.

When are atleast LL people gonna get that its not about GETTING TALLER. No one gives a fk about getting taller. It's about getting rid of the discrimination that is attached to that certain height. So if i could pay 300.000 USD to remove discrimination and still stay the same height i would. But i unfortunately need to change my bone length to make people see me as equal in social worth.

What a shrink is for is for unrational Phobias and PTSD. These are the only fields that a well groomed shrink can help you.

Ofcourse you need a basic evaluation before to show your current state of mind. But other than that a psychaitrist wont help nothing.

How exactly are you being discriminated besides the dating scene I wonder?

TheFakeMccoy

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »

I'm not going to go see a psychiatrist because I KNOW I want to be 6 foot or over. I've always wanted to be tall but I'm only 5'9.5".

I realize I'm average height however I feel short and have always felt this way, and I just want to be tall. I'm hoping to go to Doctor Paley in the next year or two and obtain a 5.25cm gain on my femurs and a 3.75cm gain on my tibias, doing the surgeries back t back three-four weeks apart. Should heal up faster this way and I should retain most of my neutral athleticism because I'm not lengthening too much in either segment. After the lengthening I should be right around 6'1" which is pretty tall and I would be very happy.

ortholengthening

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 06:51:13 PM »

5'7.5'' in predominantly white (significant german & nordic background) upper midwest is like being 5'4.5'' in new mexico

despite being well educated, having 7 figure annual income, beautiful family, mansion with all the toys, when you meet a stranger for the first time, there is an instant lack of respect. thing i despise the most is, when you drive the nice car being well-dressed, some people will assume you are trying to compensate for being short. whereas if a tall guy drove same car and wore same clothes they would be respected...

wtf, i work my ass off to get to where i am and the double standard pisses me off.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »

I'm not going to go see a psychiatrist because I KNOW I want to be 6 foot or over. I've always wanted to be tall but I'm only 5'9.5".

I realize I'm average height however I feel short and have always felt this way, and I just want to be tall. I'm hoping to go to Doctor Paley in the next year or two and obtain a 5.25cm gain on my femurs and a 3.75cm gain on my tibias, doing the surgeries back t back three-four weeks apart. Should heal up faster this way and I should retain most of my neutral athleticism because I'm not lengthening too much in either segment. After the lengthening I should be right around 6'1" which is pretty tall and I would be very happy.

If you are suffering for because you are not tall you should consult with one. There is a huge difference between wanting to be tall and suffering for not being tall

Alu

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »

5'7.5'' in predominantly white (significant german & nordic background) upper midwest is like being 5'4.5'' in new mexico

despite being well educated, having 7 figure annual income, beautiful family, mansion with all the toys, when you meet a stranger for the first time, there is an instant lack of respect. thing i despise the most is, when you drive the nice car being well-dressed, some people will assume you are trying to compensate for being short. whereas if a tall guy drove same car and wore same clothes they would be respected...

wtf, i work my ass off to get to where i am and the double standard pisses me off.

I feel like either you've put in too much thought into what others may think about you, or you're hanging around some of the most shallow people in the world? Either way, definitively mental; and I'm not even gonna arguing that there isn't discrimination, but still feels like you're overblowing it..

paddy10tellys

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »

On 6 May 2007, Nicolas Sarkozy became the sixth person to be elected President of the fifth Republic (which was established in 1958), and the 23rd president in French history. Ht 165cms.

The UK guardian Newspaper 9/9/09... "But, you might well be asking, why did Sarko bother to try to conceal the truth about his height? Surely the French president or his aides must realise that any attempts to conceal his relative shortness will make him look even more ridiculous than – with all due respect – he does already?"

This says it all... he's a joke because, he's short. Doesn't matter who he is, what he's done. To some fkwit journo he's just a shortass... Psychoanalyse that. Oh, switch, "relative shortness" for "relative blackness" & then ask a shrink to treat that.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 08:30:11 PM »

On 6 May 2007, Nicolas Sarkozy became the sixth person to be elected President of the fifth Republic (which was established in 1958), and the 23rd president in French history. Ht 165cms.

The UK guardian Newspaper 9/9/09... "But, you might well be asking, why did Sarko bother to try to conceal the truth about his height? Surely the French president or his aides must realise that any attempts to conceal his relative shortness will make him look even more ridiculous than – with all due respect – he does already?"

This says it all... he's a joke because, he's short. Doesn't matter who he is, what he's done. To some fkwit journo he's just a shortass... Psychoanalyse that. Oh, switch, "relative shortness" for "relative blackness" & then ask a shrink to treat that.

It has to do with the fact that he is lying about his height, choosing small bodyguards and always standing on a box when he gives speeches. Francois holland is also short yet he is not rediculed as much.

Also, The Guardian is leftist and Sarkozy was from the right wing French party

paddy10tellys

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »

So, the public reaction if he had done LL?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up