Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So what are my alternatives to limb lengthening?  (Read 7719 times)

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
So what are my alternatives to limb lengthening?
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

Good day,

I'm a fellow shorty over here who 17 and is measured in with a height of 5 ft 6 inches. To be honest, I'm not really all that broken down about my height since I've never been ridiculed, but I will concede to the fact that I do feel quite a little below average walking around. About a year ago, I went to the endocrinologist who stated that I was about "97% done growing" according to my wrist x-rays, and that the rest of my growth would likely be negligible. I also sent some x-rays of my legs to some other doctors who mailed back to me saying, "my legs were completely fused" and that I would not grow anymore. Nevertheless, I remember reading some people posting that there are some alternatives to x-rays such as some sort of 'blood test' to determine height growth. I'm not sure about this but, if anyone could clarify that would be great.

Since Limb Lengthening is not an option for me so, I was wondering what else exists out there for increasing height. I've heard that HGH injections exist, I've also heard something about 'epiphyseal emitters therapy?' and know about the obvious lifts and height increasing shoes people use. If someone could shed some light, that'd be just wonderful.
weeeee!

justdoit

• Visitor
Re: So what are my alternatives to limb lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »

You are still young. I recommend doing more sports and eating healty( protein) food. You could get up to 5'9 with your age n height

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:56:21 PM »

HGH won't do anything when your growth plates are fused already.

You get as much height as your genes allow(unless you have endocrine problems as i do) there is no magical way of increasing it except LL.

People even after HGH injections in their early years don't have any guarantee that they will grow there is tons of examples like that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:25:39 PM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

Mtall

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:55 PM »

There are a number of reports stating that spinal growth can continue after the hands and legs have stopped growing, so you MAY be able to add 0.5 to 1 inch to that already sorta-OK 5'6".
If I was 5'6", I really wouldn't be interested in LL.
Since you have not stopped fully, I would give you the most solid piece of advice so that you never have to endure the pains of LL:
EAT WELL and SLEEP WELL. Exercise as much as you can.
That is it.
Return to this forum a few years later if you have still have height problems. But until then, focus on maximizing natural height growth, so that even if you need LL in the future, you'll need only 4-5 cms, and your recovery will be faster and less complicated.
Go eat some good protein food now. GO!

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »

Even despite what doctors said and my aging years? Hm.
weeeee!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »

There is possibility that you can still grow but the harsh truth is that making hopes for yourself is an easy way to huge disappointment

Trust me i'm just 2 years older than you and i know something about it.

Cloudo

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

You are not the first one here who tries to increase his height without ll.
I said this before and I will say it again, I have tried everything(yes literally every method, technique, supplement, exercise, diet etc..) in the last three years and I could not even gain 1 cm. want my advice? just don't waste your time and focus on planning for a ll surgery if you really want to become taller . Maybe save money, read diaries, read doctor profiles, contact doctors etc...

Or, you can wait for at least 20+ years till they discover a magical medicine that increases height, your choice.

Btw, one of my uncles is short (5 feet 2 inches), he is a doctor, his son is 18 years old  now and he was only 5 feet, my uncle prescribed him hgh injections (somatropin) when he was 15, guess how tall he is now? 5 feet 3! And he has stopped growing like you!
I am a pharmacist, I read many research papers regarding hgh related height increase, studies showed that hgh may only give extra 2-3 inches  over the expected genetic height, and that is when the patients start taking injections when they are in their early teenage years 13-14.
And let's not forget how expensive these injections are. A three years courses would probably cost you no less than $60000(depending on the quality and effective dose).
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »

Besides HGH has a lot of side effects and can screw your endocrine system up.

Bigfaker

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »

^^^^^
Yes, endocrinologists say synthetic HGH can hinder or damage your body's natural production of it.

Superfueled, just stick to the lifts and shoes for a while and see if it makes any significant difference in your life. Work on your inner self. If you can't find self-esteem, happiness and confidence at your current height, then a couple inches won't really make a difference.
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

CCMidwest

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 10:33:40 PM »

To be honest, I'm not really all that broken down about my height since I've never been ridiculed, but I will concede to the fact that I do feel quite a little below average walking around.

Keep this attitude about you, and you'll do just fine in life my friend.

To play devil's advocate with the shoe lifts, I would caution against them. They can make you feel bad about yourself when you take them off and suddenly get shorter. I learned that one the hard way.

I wear boots that give about 4cm (almost 2" for us american's), but only while I'm at work and parties. I wear Van's or Nike's otherwise.

If you can't find self-esteem, happiness and confidence at your current height, then a couple inches won't really make a difference.

This man speaks wisdom. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Be careful with this forum superfueled (and other places on the internet), it can make you feel worse about yourself. Lot's of good people here, but lot's and lot's of insecurity around too. It's quite contagious.
5'7.5

Bigfaker

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:43:23 PM »

To play devil's advocate with the shoe lifts, I would caution against them. They can make you feel bad about yourself when you take them off and suddenly get shorter. I learned that one the hard way.

I wear boots that give about 4cm (almost 2" for us american's), but only while I'm at work and parties. I wear Van's or Nike's otherwise.

LOL. You just gave me a harsh flashback of the time I dated a girl who was 5'10". I was still 5'5"-ish at the time and had only worn 2.5"+ Calden height shoes around her...and she always wore flats. The time while taking off our clothes, we were too busy to notice. But when I was leaving in the morning...standing next to her in our bare feet...um, it was pretty embarassing. I always said early on, about different things "that's not the reason why I'm doing LL" but...OK, that one moment might have been a factor.

Sorry to hijack your topic, Super
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »

Be careful with this forum superfueled (and other places on the internet),  it can make you feel worse about yourself.

/r/short especially

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 11:07:51 PM »

LOL. You just gave me a harsh flashback of the time I dated a girl who was 5'10". I was still 5'5"-ish at the time and had only worn 2.5"+ Calden height shoes around her...and she always wore flats. The time while taking off our clothes, we were too busy to notice. But when I was leaving in the morning...standing next to her in our bare feet...um, it was pretty embarassing. I always said early on, about different things "that's not the reason why I'm doing LL" but...OK, that one moment might have been a factor.

Sorry to hijack your topic, Super

Lol

Bagging an Amazon at 5'7.5, good job man! (that's my barefoot height now)

/r/short especially

That's the truth.

That place almost destroyed me, no lie.
5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 02:39:41 AM »

I like r/short.  The couples posts are nice and there was a recent Ask Me Anything by one of my fellow patients of the Paley Institute.  Good stuff.

Now back to the subject at hand.  I tried everything from the age of 19 on.  Nothing worked and I ultimately had to wait until I could afford limb lengthening to get it done.  Those younger guys that get it done late teens and early 20's are blessed.

I also advise against shoe lifts.  You start living in a reality where you lose track of your real height and also become unsatisfied with the added height you gain.  The only thing they are good for are seeing how tall you would be after limb lengthening.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 12:52:26 AM »

You are still young. I recommend doing more sports and eating healty( protein) food. You could get up to 5'9 with your age n height

Highly unlikely.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »

Sadly, none. Accept your height or do LL.
I'm at your position, 18 with my growth plates fused.

CCMidwest

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 08:15:59 PM »

I like r/short.  The couples posts are nice and there was a recent Ask Me Anything by one of my fellow patients of the Paley Institute.  Good stuff.

I went and read that AMA.

He said Dr. Robbins did his LL, and not Dr. Paley? Do you know anything about him? Very little info besides what's on the Paley website.
5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »

I went and read that AMA.

He said Dr. Robbins did his LL, and not Dr. Paley? Do you know anything about him? Very little info besides what's on the Paley website.

Well, he is one of the surgeons at the Paley Institute and you can request him for surgery and also rod removal for a lower price- this is what I have been told, I haven't personally verified. I used to walk down the halls every day before pt using my walker and Dr. Robbins had a lot of awards- such as "Best Doctor" several years in a row from some magazine in New York.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:13 PM »

I had never heard about him. I will try to find more information. If he operates in the USA and has been trained by Paley he has to be good and his price should be good.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »

I had never heard about him. I will try to find more information. If he operates in the USA and has been trained by Paley he has to be good and his price should be good.

Funny you say that. Since your friend monegal was trained by baugmart
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:04 AM »

Funny you say that. Since your friend monegal was trained by baugmart

There aren't contradictions in my posts.
I admire Paley. His students may be good or bad. IF he works in America it's possible this doctor is good. There are good credentials about him but I don't know. I will try to get some information.
I dont know Baumgart. I know my friend Monegal is bad but I havent met Baumgart. I dont know if he is good or bad.
However Spanish and German standards are not the same. I would trust better a German doctor operating in Germany than a German doctor operating in Spain and of course than a Spanish doctor operating in Spain when he has a personality disorder which makes him reckless and oblivious to his current patients' needs.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Mivsta101

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »

Damn i wish i could be 17 and in your position again one more time. Everyone is different bro and my growth plates were wide open at 17. However i was malnourished so i didnt grow. Now at 19 my growth plates are nearly fully fused in my hands, but my wrists are still slightly open. Who knows about my legs and the rest of my body. Wish i could have my legs x rayed. Im also like you and i really dont want to get LL. My personal opinion is i suggest you start some kind of exercise routine since your only 17. Im going to do this and i recently turned 19. I have read stories of people who gain height with closed growth plates from stretching and exercise routines so if your lucky you can get 3 inches if you get something going from your age now till 21. If you can bro, get your hands on some pills called Growth Factor Plus. That could be something that shoots you up a little more. www.hgh.com > height support. You never know man, people report success on those pills. It is intended for height increase after growth plates are closed. Good luck and let me know if you try them.

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »

I think that if someone with an average corporal constitution(not fat or very skinny) wants to know if will grow or not, we could take a look on sitting heights.
For example if I were mesomorph and 5 7 with a sh of 89 cm, that could indicate that I will grow a little like 1 cm or even 1.5, but if sh were 88.5 cm and the height 5 9,maybe that person could grow  more than an inch yet.
Budget will determine my future.

positivehero

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up