Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of a small tibia procedure w/ Dr Solomin--what to expect?  (Read 1688 times)

FutureLengthener

Hey guys, I'm back again. In the Summer of 2017 I'll have a good window for finally doing my LL and putting this issue to rest. Dr. Leonid Solomon seems like a great doctor, and his price for external tibias is fantastic.

As I said in a topic another topic a while back, my starting height isn't too bad in the grand scheme (170.5 cm) and I have rather modest goals (3-4cm.) Combining this with lifts, stretching, or transiliac lengthening can easily put me at or around 5'9 or 5'10, at which point I can't imagine any vestige of my neurosis remaining.

My window of opportunity will be in the summer of 2017 as soon as my university ends for the summer (probably mid to late May.) My goal is to get the surgery, spend at least a couple weeks doing the initial lengthening in Russia, then fly back home, do the rest of the lengthening/consolidation in my college apartment. I live about 45 minutes or an hour South of Los Angeles, so I'm thinking of seeing Dr. Mahboubian for check-ups and advice once I've returned from Russia.

Can I be walking unaided, with the fixators covered by loose jeans, when class resumes in mid September? Or at least with crutches? My roommates and friends can't not notice, so I'll just say it was a skiing accident or something--my main concern is function and mobility when classes resume.

...or might I be better off taking a 6-8 month hiatus from January to June/August of 2017? The only thing is doing so might cause me to miss out on classes and push back my graduation half a year or a year.

I'm going to try out the Exogen bone simulator--for a smaller surgery like mine, it may drastically speed up the process. To my knowledge no other LLer has used that product and reported on his results yet.

TIBIKE200

Re: Thinking of a small tibia procedure w/ Dr Solomin--what to expect?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »

How exactly do you plan to go from 170.5 to 178 by doing 3-4cm? Stretching? Max is 1-2cm
I learned some stuff during this time

FutureLengthener

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »

How exactly do you plan to go from 170.5 to 178 by doing 3-4cm? Stretching? Max is 1-2cm

Oh if I go to that point perhaps a second surgery, or the transiliac lengthening discussed in http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2938.0. If not, then probably the 5'8 to 5'9 range.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »

Who does this pelvic lengthening? Do you know any surgeon that practices it?
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »

Lots of guys have used the exogen. Read their diaries for more information. I think part of an iamready video covers it. Difm used the exogen as well.
5'7.5

ub40

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 07:10:53 PM »

Have you found a reliable place to do transiliac lengthening? I spoke to infinity about it before I did CLL and I don't think he found anyone
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

ortholengthening

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:32:11 AM »

http://www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/jbjsbr/74-B/2/275.full.pdf

transiliac lengthening - is a massive surgery which involves huge dissection. It is technically very challenging operation with unpredictable outcome and high high risks of major complications. Your pelvis shape will be modified - who knows what that means in terms of return to sports.

not worth it.... i would stick with gradual distraction
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:09:46 AM by ortholengthening »
Pages: [1]   Go Up