Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016  (Read 252176 times)

MirinHeight

Re: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016
« Reply #837 on: January 26, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »

The 10 cm lengthening only happened because Guichet's nail is irreversible and constantly clicked on accident. How can this happen with one of the most respected surgeons in the entire field of bone distraction, in a first world country? Like, seriously?

the fact that this nail is irreversible makes it even more risky.

Dr. Guichet is not a good surgeon because he has a bad technique when it comes to performing osteotomies. Irresponsible surgeon
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

MirinHeight

« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »

Unicorn is not the only one . There are cases of non union in many European doctors in that group

I would not trust any doctor outside of US, (besides maybe Dr. Parihar) to perform internal lengthening.

look at the long term complication rate in diaries of Dr. Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian, (+ maybe Parihar) when it comes to using the precise nail. It is 0%

Internal lengthening is much more invasive than external lengthening, therefore the physician must have good surgical technique and experience to deal with complications. They must also give good advice to patients so they do not harm themselves.

I do not trust any other doctors when it comes to internal lengthening. Especially Dr. Guichet, Dr. Monegal, any Indian surgeon besides Parihar. They are butchers. It's just a matter of luck whether you can walk normally again when it comes to these  surgeons
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #839 on: January 29, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »

I would not trust any doctor outside of US, (besides maybe Dr. Parihar) to perform internal lengthening.

look at the long term complication rate in diaries of Dr. Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian, (+ maybe Parihar) when it comes to using the precise nail. It is 0%

Internal lengthening is much more invasive than external lengthening, therefore the physician must have good surgical technique and experience to deal with complications. They must also give good advice to patients so they do not harm themselves.

I do not trust any other doctors when it comes to internal lengthening. Especially Dr. Guichet, Dr. Monegal, any Indian surgeon besides Parihar. They are butchers. It's just a matter of luck whether you can walk normally again when it comes to these  surgeons

Guys, it's all happening again...............

Another patient didn't heed my advice when I said go for Precice, there'll be less trauma with clicking.

Anyway, surgery went ahead and now he's in agony to continue clicking because it is extremely traumatizing to be twisting your broken leg in all directions trying to find a click in the beginning.

To add to this, the current xrays show zero calluses, so I'm begging him to stop because it will only be non-union for now.  There's always time to lengthen later on since there's no risk of fast consolidation.

Anyway, I'm just saying...  anyone can have a safe lengthening if they know what to look out for.  Barring no doctor error or contaminated nails, complications, negligence etc.

Go slow and make sure your calluses bridge, and do not pass 6-7cm, otherwise, your recovery period (and I don't even mean bone consolidation), I'm talking about being able to get your soft tissues to lengthen enough to cure your duckass, your IT bands to enable you to walk without legs apart, your quads/hamstrings long enough that you can actually lie down on your stomach or your back without a severe arch...  these are things DOCTORS don't show you.  They like to show you how bones heal fast and how someone can "walk" out of surgery or "jump" after finishing lengthening.

Go talk to successful lengthening patients and all of them will tell you that the recovery journey to get your normal walking gait back + recover your previous athletic ability take years, not mere weeks or months as you're promised.

By the way guys, read the fine prints.  A lot of docs will only follow you for 60 days after your osteotomy.  Should you run into trouble like non-union, fracture (even if it's not your fault...), beyond the 60 days, you're liable to pay pay and pay.

So, get a grip on reality before putting your life at so much risk.

Android

« Reply #840 on: January 29, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »

Horrific. Good and sensible advice, thank you for sharing.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

backrandom

« Reply #841 on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »

I agree that doctors only show the good results and keep all the possible complications for themselves, even when they know that LL goes awry very often. Listen to Unicorn, the voice of experience. If you say, like that guy the other day, that you don't give a   about her case, you really deserve to be maimed by one of these butchers.

Body Builder

« Reply #842 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »

Guichet is easily compared to the butchers of India. And he is a way worse case as his prices compare to top doctors like Rozbruch.

Only a moron would go to Guichet. He is mayve the worst case of LL doctor out there.

backrandom

« Reply #843 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:39 AM »

Guichet is easily compared to the butchers of India. And he is a way worse case as his prices compare to top doctors like Rozbruch.

Only a moron would go to Guichet. He is mayve the worst case of LL doctor out there.

I don't think Guichet is that bad as a surgeon, but, as per Unicorn's account, he seems a bad person for sure.

I would never blame Unicorn for all the complications she's enduring, as one guy here did. I wouldn't blame her doctor either, as other people do. However, if I had to blame factors other than bad luck, I would definitely blame the big EGO of this surgeon, as well as the faulty nail he uses. This could also apply to other bad European cases, including Betz and Monegal's bad cases.

Body Builder

« Reply #844 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »

I don't think Guichet is that bad as a surgeon, but, as per Unicorn's account, he seems a bad person for sure.

I would never blame Unicorn for all the complications she's enduring, as one guy here did. I wouldn't blame her doctor either, as other people do. However, if I had to blame factors other than bad luck, I would definitely blame the big EGO of this surgeon, as well as the faulty nail he uses. This could also apply to other bad European cases, including Betz and Monegal's bad cases.
What happened with Unicorm seems to happen with another one patient of Guichet and I am sure it has happened again and again.
All these due to poor bone breakimg technique and faulty advices to lengthen faster than a bone can handle.
All these mean that Guichet is dangerous and I can't find any reason why would someone choose him and his obsolete nail.

Thatdude950

« Reply #845 on: January 30, 2018, 07:31:31 AM »

And more generally why anyone would do the surgery period. We *clearly* don't have the technology to do LL successfully yet.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »

And more generally why anyone would do the surgery period. We *clearly* don't have the technology to do LL successfully yet.

Sadly enough, I tend to agree.......   Success when it happens is SLOW.  Works best for younger guys when it comes to consolidation (and if no other complications).  Then the RECOVERY will take about 1-2 years to get back to your walking gait coz depending on your lengthened height, your soft tissues/muscles/IT band/ligaments are not going to be able to catch up to your new height.  And you cannot force it, a lot of walking/swimming/stretching/physio and it all takes time.

Trust me, I've spoken to so many candidates who have finished and everyone's wondering what happened to the miracle recovery of resuming normal life?

YellowSpike

« Reply #847 on: January 31, 2018, 11:36:28 PM »

I don't think Guichet is a bad surgeon at all. But I think he can definitely be a callous jerk. I had a good result, and I know MANY others who had as well.

But in re-thinking things, since I had the money to even go to Guichet...or for anyone who has the money to...maybe it's best to go to Rozbruch? I just didn't want to be in a wheelchair for months, so I liked that aspect of it. Clicking wasn't that painful for me. But my callous growth was slow, and I very narrowly avoided needing a bone graft in my left leg (I did 7cm). I guess I was one of the lucky ones. And for me, doing it in Europe enabled me to hide most if it from everyone. And being on crutches when I came back was easier to explain away.

Looking back, I would say maybe go to Rozbruch (he removed one of my screws last year, and is removing my Gnails later this year). He's a super nice guy and world class surgeon.

And for the love of God - don't lengthen more than 6.5/7cm max on femurs (less for tibias). I wanted more, but am now glad I stopped, as my proportions, while not perfect, are definitely passable (especially now that my legs are jacked again)/.

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #848 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »

Hello most cutest LL patient , i hope you are doing OK I'm praying you get back to normal life soon
Unicorn i want to ask you few questions if you don't mind I'm planning to do LL , is it 4 cm femur lengthening is a safe amount ? Do you think i will get back to my previous athletic ability after 1 year after finishing lenghtning ?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #849 on: February 04, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »

Hello most cutest LL patient , i hope you are doing OK I'm praying you get back to normal life soon
Unicorn i want to ask you few questions if you don't mind I'm planning to do LL , is it 4 cm femur lengthening is a safe amount ? Do you think i will get back to my previous athletic ability after 1 year after finishing lenghtning ?

I think it's safe to go up to 6cm, but not more.  Getting back to previous athletic ability depends on how fast your soft tissues can recover from the lengthened bones.  Hence, depends also on what method you use.  And also how fast your muscle recovery is.  The more flexible you are, the easier it is to get rid of your duck ass and duck walk (legs apart).

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #850 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »

Thank you unicorn , i have 1 and half year left to save for the cost of the surgery and any complication may happen to me , i will make sure i will be flexible to max during this period i will work out every day and stretch my legs , i think in 1 and half year i will be very flexible , sorry my English is poor lol
You are wonderful person you open my eyes to many important things , i hope the best for you cutest LL patient I'm praying for you to get back to your normal life and find good 6ft handsome male and get marry and have a lot of cute Asian babies peace .

aditya23788

• Visitor
« Reply #851 on: February 05, 2018, 10:33:19 PM »

Wow, I don't know what to even say. I have read diaries of so many people over the past few weeks as I am starting to consider LL. I had marked this post for later reading and had read the first two pages yesterday. The mood was so cheerful and I thought she will be another successful case with a happy ending. So, I skipped to the end and started reading posts from Pg 28 to 24 backwards - which has scared/saddened me that I can't even bear to read before Pg 24.

At this point I can only pray for you and hope you stay strong. I am pretty sure if you were a guy, you would have massive balls of steel or something.(Bad joke I know)

My only question is why didn't you go for Paley because I guess you were sound financially when you went for the surgery? Why risk it with Guichet? I know you cannot avoid complication with any form of surgery but I guess it would have been a much better/safer experience. I don't know why I am asking this question because what is done, is done. The only way to go is move forward.

myloginacct

« Reply #852 on: February 06, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »

Wow, I don't know what to even say. I have read diaries of so many people over the past few weeks as I am starting to consider LL. I had marked this post for later reading and had read the first two pages yesterday. The mood was so cheerful and I thought she will be another successful case with a happy ending. So, I skipped to the end and started reading posts from Pg 28 to 24 backwards - which has scared/saddened me that I can't even bear to read before Pg 24.

At this point I can only pray for you and hope you stay strong. I am pretty sure if you were a guy, you would have massive balls of steel or something.(Bad joke I know)

My only question is why didn't you go for Paley because I guess you were sound financially when you went for the surgery? Why risk it with Guichet? I know you cannot avoid complication with any form of surgery but I guess it would have been a much better/safer experience. I don't know why I am asking this question because what is done, is done. The only way to go is move forward.

From what I gather, people recognized Guichet as one of the best LL doctors back then, like people do with Rozbruch now. They saw him at almost the same level of Paley. People also didn't seem to give enough importance to doing LL methods where compression (i.e. reversal) is possible, like the Precice nail allows (other internal nails don't).

Anyway, I hope you've been better mentally, Unicorn. Stay strong. Regenerative science has been making a lot of leaps.

Thatdude950

« Reply #853 on: February 06, 2018, 03:22:53 AM »

Guichet used to be the gold standard. There was probably more controversy surrounding Paley than Guichet at one point.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #854 on: February 06, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »

Hi Aditya,

In restrospect, I definitely would have gone to PALEY 100%.   I went to Guichet because I read the diaries and they were all SO SUCCESSFUL, EASY and FAST (Leechlet, ShyShy etc), and it was in London where I could be at home (which was important for me).

I had spent more than £155k on recovery and the costs continue to pile up as I continue being unemployed.

I would have done things completely differently, I would have used Precice for sure to avoid the trauma of clicking (as we speak, someone else is suffering from the inability to find clicks and crying everyday contorting themselves in weird positions trying to click 3x daily).

There has been an ex patient who contacted me (no names of course), who's had the financial privilege to offer us a rare glimpse of doing LL with a European doctor (manual nail) and Paley (Precice).  She first went to the European doctor (no names also) and used an old fashioned manual clicking non-reversible weight-bearing nail and the same things happened to her (fracture during LL, non-union, runaway lengthening and even a shortening surgery to match her leg lengths).  Years later, after recovering from the European doctor's botched up job where she didn't attain the height she wanted, she went to Paley.

And she said her experience was as different as night and day!!!  Even though Precice is non weight-bearing, the remote control lengthening was a million times easier than manual clicking torture/trauma.  It was safer because she could control her lengthening to match her callus growth/bridge.

In the US, there are better pain management compared to what we had which was mostly paracetamol, tramadol and codeine.  It wasn't sufficient in the first few weeks post surgery as we all suffered plus the aggravation of manually clicking.  And the super workouts that was required of us in restrospect are not only necessary for LL/bone consolidation and added further risk/pain to our journey :(

So I think that's the long and short of what could have happened had I gone to Paley instead of Guichet.  But here, I know someone who actually did both and there's actual testimony that one method might have been easier/safer than another.

Do I regret?  I can't because the last 2 years have messed me up so much mentally, emotionally, financially = I cannot fathom a sunnier alternative life lest I get even more depressed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:26:57 PM by Unicorn888 »

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #855 on: February 06, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »

Hi Aditya,

In restrospect, I definitely would have gone to PALEY 100%.   I went to Guichet because I read the diaries and they were all SO SUCCESSFUL, EASY and FAST (Leechlet, ShyShy etc), and it was in London where I could be at home (which was important for me).

I had spent more than £155k on recovery and the costs continue to pile up as I continue being unemployed.

I would have done things completely differently, I would have used Precice for sure to avoid the trauma of clicking (as we speak, someone else is suffering from the inability to find clicks and crying everyday contorting themselves in weird positions trying to click 3x daily).

There has been an ex patient who contacted me (no names of course), who's had the financial privilege to offer us a rare glimpse of doing LL with a European doctor (manual nail) and Paley (Precice).  She first went to the European doctor (no names also) and used an old fashioned manual clicking non-reversible weight-bearing nail and the same things happened to her (fracture during LL, non-union, runaway lengthening and even a shortening surgery to match her leg lengths).  Years later, after recovering from the European doctor's botched up job where she didn't attain the height she wanted, she went to Paley.

And she said her experience was as different as night and day!!!  Even though Precice is non weight-bearing, the remote control lengthening was a million times easier than manual clicking torture/trauma.  It was safer because she could control her lengthening to match her callus growth/bridge.

In the US, there are better pain management compared to what we had which was mostly paracetamol, tramadol and codeine.  It wasn't sufficient in the first few weeks post surgery as we all suffered plus the aggravation of manually clicking.  And the super workouts that was required of us in restrospect are not only necessary for LL/bone consolidation and added further risk/pain to our journey :(

So I think that's the long and short of what could have happened had I gone to Paley instead of Guichet.  But here, I know someone who actually did both and there's actual testimony that one method might have been easier/safer than another.

Do I regret?  I can't because the last 2 years have messed me up so much mentally, emotionally, financially = I cannot fathom a sunnier alternative life lest I get even more depressed.

Sorry, I meant :

And the super workouts that was required of us in restrospect are not only UNNECESSARY for LL/bone consolidation but added further risk/pain to our journey :(

Shadow91

« Reply #856 on: February 06, 2018, 10:46:16 PM »

Unicorn is there any doctor in Europe that you think is safe to do internal femurs with?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #857 on: February 07, 2018, 10:26:39 AM »

Unicorn is there any doctor in Europe that you think is safe to do internal femurs with?

Having met many LLers who do not recover from European docs, I've to say, if you've the money, PLEASE go to the US and use an FDA approved device.

Penguinn

« Reply #858 on: February 07, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »

What is the next step you plan on taking? Waiting it out or removing the nail and putting another in? Any other options?
Good luck :(

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #859 on: February 08, 2018, 10:49:08 AM »

What is the next step you plan on taking? Waiting it out or removing the nail and putting another in? Any other options?
Good luck :(

Hi Penguinn,

So nice to hear from you (heart)!

Nobody knows because everything is so invasive.  I think NHS wants to cut me open and try bone graft 10cm.  Changing nails is a risk as well because they cannot guarantee to preserve my height.  Also, they risk shattering my already thin cortices.

So, I'm stuck... don't know until when  :'(

40oz

• Visitor
« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »

Have you looked into Stem cell therapy in Panama. IV and site injections.  www.cellmedicine.com

Shadow91

« Reply #861 on: February 08, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »

I wish all the best for you unicorn. God knows you deserve it after everything you been through. Stay strong!

Joemoney

• Visitor
« Reply #862 on: February 08, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »

Hi unicorn888,
I've been following your diary for quite some time and I can't tell you how sorry am.
Dr guichet  problem is that he thinks he knows it all, and he's so freaky cky, his stupid g nail is rubbish. Here I was thinking he's one of the best LLer doctor, thanx for proving me so wrong.. Anyways I was thinking about lengthening my internal femur about 5cm with Dr paley to b on the safe side, I stand at 174cm bt I've been reading some forums abt him and most most of the people are not very sincere as you've been with yours and that scares the   out of me.. I want to know from you if you have heard or seen any successful cases with Dr paley before I move ahead with him cos they say his the best, I don't care about the cost but the result..  Am really rooting for you and praying  for you also cos I feel your pain and please just stay positive.. Cheers

backrandom

« Reply #863 on: February 08, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »

If you have the money, go to Paley. Europe is a big  show right now. Many doctors here are well considered because true stories of their patients aren't public. Their nails are also bull . Please respect all people who get stuck like Unicorn and lose so many years of their lives, together with money, health and love from their dearest ones.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #864 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »

If you have the money, go to Paley. Europe is a big  show right now. Many doctors here are well considered because true stories of their patients aren't public. Their nails are also bull . Please respect all people who get stuck like Unicorn and lose so many years of their lives, together with money, health and love from their dearest ones.

Yeah, I have no money, no recovery and a doctor pursuing me :(

Whatever

• Visitor
« Reply #865 on: February 17, 2018, 01:06:37 AM »

This is the saddest diary I've ever read. Girls tend to have difficult LL experiences. I can't but pity you and Musicmaker. You've had to endure so many misadventures that I can't help crying when I read about your life. Moral outrage! Sexual abuse by masseurs is a crime, and the lack of support from your SO is quite disappointing. Lack of empathy by strangers towards a patient who is obviously struggling to recover, as displayed by the Uber driver, can't be tolerated and deserve the harshest punishment. I also condemn the doctors because they swept you under the rug while trying to get new customers for their flourishing businesses, showering them in lies. Some people here are right to bash them. 

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #866 on: February 18, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »

This is the saddest diary I've ever read. Girls tend to have difficult LL experiences. I can't but pity you and Musicmaker. You've had to endure so many misadventures that I can't help crying when I read about your life. Moral outrage! sxxual abuse by masseurs is a crime, and the lack of support from your SO is quite disappointing. Lack of empathy by strangers towards a patient who is obviously struggling to recover, as displayed by the Uber driver, can't be tolerated and deserve the harshest punishment. I also condemn the doctors because they swept you under the rug while trying to get new customers for their flourishing businesses, showering them in lies. Some people here are right to bash them.

Hi Whatever,

Thanks for your empathy, I promise you, I'm to be blamed because I was vain, didn't do proper research, believed everything at face value even if it didn't make sense, so at the end of the day, I put myself in this situation.  I made my bed and now I've to sleep in it.

Everything else is just a side effect of our society, our fear for uncomfortable situations and our inherent pre-existing issues.  So, it's a harsh true color revelation for me.  At least I'm seeing it all in my 40s and not feel disillusioned at a later stage in life.

I'm praying and praying and praying that a miracle happens and calluses magically appear (at least even a little improvement would spark some hope).  I'm trying my very best to right my life, I didn't get here to be defeated and give up.  As they say, get there or die trying.  I've nothing else to lose.

https://www.instagram.com/unicorn_gets_taller/

« Reply #867 on: February 19, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »

Hi Jexus,

Sorry for the late reply.  I did Economics from Harvard College (Faculty of Arts and Sciences) and did a minor in art conservation (geeky chemistry stuff involving spectroscopy).

What do you mean by you looking like crap after 3 months post-surgery?  Are you talking posture, duck ass etc?  Or face?  ;D

I'm currently in Asia, and have been sleeping almost 14-17 hours a day, doing a lot of physio and walking in the pool and just reading on my Kindle, by the sea.  It's helped a lot with my psychological stress level and hopefully, my body will relax more.

Still hoping, praying and begging for the bones on my right leg to fuse on its own.  Apparently, sometimes that can happen, spontaneous healing...  well trying to just keep positive vibes going... :)

This is me right now :)

https://www.instagram.com/unicorn_gets_taller/

you are very beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44   Go Up