Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016  (Read 251942 times)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

Re: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016
« Reply #558 on: July 20, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »

You're a beautiful woman Unicorn888 and you'll get out of this crap thanks to NHS. Your instagram account is a LL cautionary tale. Bad cases go out of doctors' control and they are so arrogant they can't admit they committed mistakes. I'd wish other patients were as open as you because everybody would know the truth about the surgery that made them disabled but they prefer keeping silent coz they're terrified or want to protect the doctor. Hope for better news soon.

Datum, you're right, unfortunately.  This surgery is plagued with complications that are under reported.  Most people don't bother or are embarrassed or do not want to get into trouble with their doctors.

How a doctor handles complications do say a lot about them.  In Guichet's case, I still believe he is very competent and technically skilled.  For all I know, every step he's taken for me has been the right one.  Only time will tell.  There are a lot of 'ifs' in this journey and there're absolutely no precedents for each individual LLer.

And the worst part is cause and effect do not really correlate in real time, so we're constantly grappling in the dark not knowing something we have or haven't done will or will not affect us tomorrow or 3 months from now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:16:58 PM by Unicorn888 »

doomsday

« Reply #559 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:29 PM »

UNICORN if your longer leg is not clicking, in your case I would push and match it. lets us know what will doc from nhs say. 

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #560 on: July 20, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »

Hi Unicorn! Have you tried bone stimulators such as exogen? I read somewhere that some of Paley's patients were doing it.
I leave an article about them: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2762251/
I don't know whether they will have a definite impact on your case, but I doubt it would hurt to try.

Thanks for this.  I'll definitely take a look.  Other people have tried HGH (I'm still waiting to see if their new xrays improve) and ESWT (some marked improvement on one LLer's leg).

I'm quite lucky to be in a group with other non-union LL patients who have gaps ranging from 1cm to 7cm, and dating back to 1-3 years. We share knowledge and serve as each other's guinea pigs - call it economies of scale  ;D.  Hopefully, all of us will emerge winners one day. 

I can say one thing - none of us are made of money - and all of us are paying the price of having our lives placed on hold, friends forgetting us and the opportunity cost of gainful employment.  Will we be able to dig ourselves out of this money pit?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:34:24 PM by Unicorn888 »

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #561 on: July 20, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »

BTW you look very young in your photos. Not your real age at all, that is something you should be happy about. I have no doubt you will resume your old life after all this is over with one day. You are intelligent, attractive, and now even taller. I see no reasons as to why you cannot get married or have kids. I know ladies who had children at 40, 42. Or even adoption is possible. Either way you can fulfill all these things. So never limit yourself in this thinking.

Thanks Cobalt!!!   I suffer from hypermobility, so I've a different make of collagen, apparently.  Neither my grandma, my mum and myself age much - I know weird.  We can all be a showcase trio on cirque du soleil for our hyper flexibility.

Love, marriage and kids have been pushed to the back burner.  For all the things I had going on in my life, I needed cosmetic leg lengthening like a hole in the head.  It's definitely an error of epic proportions of the naive and foolhardy.

Knik

« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

you are 166 or 168 now ?
You made only femurs ?
Looking for Pili

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »

Hi Unicorn,

Just read through your diary, I couldn't believe what I was reading tbh.

I'm no expert but it is mostly the pediatric orthopedic surgeons who do deformity corrections (lengthen, shorten, rotate bones) as children usually present with these conditions. I believe some of them also see adults to deal with these issues. For example, Dr. Paley and Dr. Donghoon are trained as pediatric orthopedic surgeons. The adult orthopedic surgeons trained in trauma, lower limb complex recon (guys that also do hip/knee replacements), and oncology also deal with deformities usually arising from trauma (surgery, accidents where bone not salvageable) but I believe their approach is to heal the bone first by shortening b/c you can still walk with a shortened leg. At this point, I don't know what your goals are but from my experience with tibia lengthening, when I asked the surgeon they told me it takes approximately 1 month/1 cm of lengthening tibia to union/heal. With so little callus and a 10cm gap with no reverse/shortening mechanism with the G-nail, it will take many months for consolidation while having an unstable base. I can only imagine the psychological/economical difficulties of healing that long.

It seems that you are a highly qualified professional with a harvard education. And too young to be throwing that away. If you cut your losses and if your ortho suggests closing the bone gap, it may take around 3 months for the femur to consolidate if you take the estimate for a new fracutre, and you would be walking pretty normally before that with equal leg lengths as you have maintained your muscle mass through regular exercise. You will have lost time, height, and money but none more going forward. The risk of more accidental clicks, infections, surgeries, procedures, and pulmonary embolism damaging your health and adding more time is frankly scary. Reducing to 5cm like others suggested also seems like an excellent option if this is possible, but I don't know how you can do this reliably in surgery; leaving a bone gap with a nonunion may be taking chances on its own. If height continues to be an issue, maybe you can consider surgery again way out in the future but with a smaller limit (probably 5cm max) on your femurs, and doing bone marrow right from the start. Doing more of this right now seems really difficult. And please please don't think of this as something you have to "beat" as you can't tell your body to grow more bone...

Another thing is the medication. When I was lengthening, I took tramadol on a regular basis. Only when I stopped taking them after lengthening that I realized, as an opioid, it was allowing me to feel almost zero anxiety about the passing time. When I came off I sort of woke up to the fact that all this time passed by in my life. Also, I was addicted to sleeping pills (benzodiazepines and imovane) when I was in my early 20's. I tried multiple times to quit, but only after ~2 years and going cold turkey for 2 weeks (when I didn't sleep at all) was I able to come off of them. Because the benzos also dampen anxiety, and when they come off the anxiety is worse, I made the mistake of lashing out and losing some of my friends. I am frankly scared of sleeping pills to this day for this reason.

Lastly, and this is my personal opinion, if having your own kids is what you want, you can plan to freeze your eggs and this will take some time pressure off and maybe change your decision about ongoing leg lengthening. Again, my personal opinion/observation, nowadays as men's appearance is mattering more and more and his financial abilities a bit less, if you go back to your good job and hire a personal trainer to get you a killer body I think that marriage is certainly not impossible (although I don't know your standards). If you are worried about your age, if you will consider guys who had prior marriage I think you will find yourself with options, especially nowadays when divorce is unfortunately very common.

I am wishing the best for you and hope to hear good news posted on your diary soon. Please remember to eat well (sufficient calories + lots of protein + calcium). Please consider telling someone, a family member; they will be angry at first, but in the end only family really can love you unconditionally and truly care. Please keep your optimistic outlook. Like old Mike Tyson said, after hundreds of millions of dollars, loss of his daughter, betrayals, etc etc, "As long as you are alive, you have a chance".

All the best and wishing you health.

Wow!   Thank you for taking the time to write Jerkey.

I'll definitely relay what I hear about possible solutions as it might be helpful one day to someone else in the same predicament.  I promise you, if I had to collapse the gap to lose all my lengthening, I would NEVER undergo lengthening again!  Hello stripper heels...!

I fortunately had my eggs frozen :)  So yes, one day when it's financially viable for me, I'll definitely pursue that.  But right now when I'm barely able to stand, walk without tiring so quickly and in constant panic about refracturing myself, love is sadly quite far from my mind  :'(  It's the price I pay for being so reckless.

I've told my parents that I'm undergoing limb lengthening and even showed them how to do it.  They actually helped me hold my leg in a 180 degrees recently to find my click.  My new story is while correcting my bent femur surgically, my left leg was fractured and hence, I ended up with a leg length discrepancy.  Hence, now I've to go through this 'out-of-this-world' procedure called cosmetic leg lengthening where I've to rachet my leg 3x per day.

My parents' reaction were, "Technology! Driveless cars, printable skin and now, we've a tall daughter, do you think you can find a man now?" 

So much for all the emotional anguish I suffered while hiding this procedure from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »

you are 166 or 168 now ?
You made only femurs ?

Something like that.  I've not bothered to track my height since the runaway clicking to 10cm came as an absolute shock.  I'll post some before lengthening and post lengthening femur photos.  That should be quite interesting to see proportion-wise.

And only femurs, internal nail.  I'd never attempt anything like this again!  :)

Knik

« Reply #565 on: July 20, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »

Something like that.  I've not bothered to track my height since the runaway clicking to 10cm came as an absolute shock.  I'll post some before lengthening and post lengthening femur photos.  That should be quite interesting to see proportion-wise.

And only femurs, internal nail.  I'd never attempt anything like this again!  :)

I hope you will actualize scars pictures
But at the moment it seems good
Looking for Pili

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #566 on: July 20, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »

UNICORN if your longer leg is not clicking, in your case I would push and match it. lets us know what will doc from nhs say.

Hi Doomsday,

When I last saw Guichet some weeks ago, he said that his nail caps at 10cm max.  So should I ever reach there with accidental clicks, it'll just hard stop there (hopefully).

So that's the hand I've been dealt with.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #567 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »

I hope you will actualize scars pictures
But at the moment it seems good

Yeah, I posted some before and after scar pictures.  You can see, it's really minimal.  And I don't have good skin to begin with.  I've asian skin that develops keloid and scars easily.

After the wounds heal, I start with Hansaplast Scar Reducer silicone sheets immediately.  And I find they flatten and remove all excess skin growth leaving me with only just some discoloring which I'm currently applying some lemon juice to lighten.
These are the one-time surgery areas. 

In the sites where I've had multiple surgeries, on my fractured leg, the scars are more complicated as they're SUNKEN.  So there's nothing much I can do, it looks like a crocodile took a scrumptious bite out of my ass.  I understand those types of scars need silicone fillers exactly like what women do to plump up their faces.

I've had ass fat injected in my face before, so I guess it's time I inject face fat back into my ass.  How ironic!  They do say 'one good turn deserves another'?  :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:36:52 PM by Unicorn888 »

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #568 on: July 20, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »

And please please don't think of this as something you have to "beat" as you can't tell your body to grow more bone...

Another thing is the medication. When I was lengthening, I took tramadol on a regular basis. Only when I stopped taking them after lengthening that I realized, as an opioid, it was allowing me to feel almost zero anxiety about the passing time. When I came off I sort of woke up to the fact that all this time passed by in my life. Also, I was addicted to sleeping pills (benzodiazepines and imovane) when I was in my early 20's. I tried multiple times to quit, but only after ~2 years and going cold turkey for 2 weeks (when I didn't sleep at all) was I able to come off of them. Because the benzos also dampen anxiety, and when they come off the anxiety is worse, I made the mistake of lashing out and losing some of my friends. I am frankly scared of sleeping pills to this day for this reason.

By the way Jerkey, you're absolutely right about trying to convince myself that I've to beat this ailment.  Because I was a professional gymnast as a kid, I had always believed that "mind over matter" overcomes any hurdles.  I've had to learn how to forgive myself and not beat myself up everyday for this decision.

And the painkillers/sleeping pills we need to survive this surgery really doesn't help.  In the beginning of this journey, I had dreamt that leg lengthening meant being painless on painkillers all day while busting ass at the gym to grow taller and fitter with my classmates.

But as everyone completes and leaves, each day blurs into weeks and then months, and before you know it, a year has passed.  And one day, you wake up to realize everything and everyone has moved on except yourself.  That's how my non-union group feels, that we're left behind, by our doctors, by our friends and by our life potential.

I say this with very little bitterness.  We're all striving to find ways to heal and embrace life as taller people.  Unfortunately, it's not a game of half measures.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #569 on: July 20, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »

It's been one year now since I made the leap to improve my life through cosmetic leg lengthening.

I've since resigned from my job, tried to retire (failed), shied away from friends :'(, hide from society, moved homes and read a book a week.  One of these books inspired me to take stock of all my possesions and I've used the spare time to list them on eBay.  My proportions have changed since my mini runway days and I can use the funds for a better purpose.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iloveparis888

In the meantime, here's a glimpse of who I was before I succumbed to vanity & low self confidence and paid the crippling price for it...  If I only knew how to be happy with who I was, as I was.

with Kevin Spacey

with Hugh Grant

with Donatella Versace

with Joshua Bell

with Martina Navratilova

with Jimmy Choo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:49:33 PM by Unicorn888 »

doomsday

« Reply #570 on: July 20, 2017, 07:02:49 PM »

No offence but when I look at your previous life style  I really think that for some limb lengthening is a first world problem. I did my LL right after University. I got even a loan to pay for the surgery. Now I look at you. Good looking , good job, good social life, stable finances. If i had all of that I would never done LL even if I was short as a man.

Damn I'm really glad you're being vocal about your experience. People should think twice before they  get their legs broken. 

LOL I just realised that your one dress is worth more than all my clothes xD

YellowSpike

« Reply #571 on: July 20, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »

No offence but when I look at your previous life style  I really think that for some limb lengthening is a first world problem. I did my LL right after University. I got even a loan to pay for the surgery. Now I look at you. Good looking , good job, good social life, stable finances. If i had all of that I would never done LL even if I was short as a man.

Damn I'm really glad you're being vocal about your experience. People should think twice before they  get their legs broken. 

LOL I just realised that your one dress is worth more than all my clothes xD

Not cool, dude. Yeah, Unicorn may have had a somewhat privileged life before LL, but one, she worked to earn it, and two, none of us is immune to severe complications from a surgery like this, even with a great doctor. I still think Dr. G is a great doctor, but he needs an attitude adjustment, I agree. Let's be real...do you think Dr. Rozbruch or Dr. Paley would do all the correction surgeries for free if they had complications? I think Paley even has it in his policy that you must pay out of pocket for all additional surgeries. Dr. Rozbruch is a lot nicer than both of the other guys (though I haven't met Paley)...but Dr. Guichet is still good.

Hang in there Unicorn. Honestly, I would do whatever you can to recover as quickly as possible. Even if you only keep two inches, 5'4" is perfectly fine for a woman. These are your legs. Safety first.

doomsday

« Reply #572 on: July 20, 2017, 07:45:30 PM »

Not cool, dude. Yeah, Unicorn may have had a somewhat privileged life before LL, but one, she worked to earn it, and two, none of us is immune to severe complications from a surgery like this, even with a great doctor. I still think Dr. G is a great doctor, but he needs an attitude adjustment, I agree. Let's be real...do you think Dr. Rozbruch or Dr. Paley would do all the correction surgeries for free if they had complications? I think Paley even has it in his policy that you must pay out of pocket for all additional surgeries. Dr. Rozbruch is a lot nicer than both of the other guys (though I haven't met Paley)...but Dr. Guichet is still good.

Hang in there Unicorn. Honestly, I would do whatever you can to recover as quickly as possible. Even if you only keep two inches, 5'4" is perfectly fine for a woman. These are your legs. Safety first.
What's not cool ? I wish Unicorn recovery like everyone else but  now she can do a lot of good by saying how complicated LL can be. Also stop implying stuff I didn't say. She fully deserved the life before LL through her hard work. I never suggested she doesn't deserve her privileged life. My point was that sometime we don't fully appreciate what we have until our life changes. 

YellowSpike

« Reply #573 on: July 20, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »

What's not cool ? I wish Unicorn recovery like everyone else but  now she can do a lot of good by saying how complicated LL can be. Also stop implying stuff I didn't say. She fully deserved the life before LL through her hard work. I never suggested she doesn't deserve her privileged life. My point was that sometime we don't fully appreciate what we have until our life changes.

Fair enough man. My mistake. Guess I read your post wrong.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #574 on: July 24, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »

Hi everyone,

I promised to update my journal here as I continue to seek a solution to mend myself.

After requesting for an NHS doctor since April, I finally got an appointment to see a lengthening doc at Kings College Hospital last Friday, July 21st.  The moment I arrived at the Orthopedics dept, I noticed several people carrying Exogen cases.  I found out NHS had approved them and had been trying them on patients with new fractures.

After about 5 mins with my doc who had glimpsed through my file and couldn't make heads nor tails about my medical history whether it was a fall while rock climbing or cosmetic leg lengthening, I confessed that I had lied to the A&E previously about falling to ensure that I got treatment as I was fearful that I would be turned away if it were cosmetic and private.  After I finished, I was crying and she was crying too.  She got up and gave me a long hug.  She said this is the first time she has cried in front of a patient.

She asked me to request for all my medical records to be transferred to her.  She has an ongoing similar case from Guichet as well and is familiar with his nail.  She said she'll accept my case and will try to confer with the RNOH (national orthopedic hospital) about how best to treat me.

She also addressed something else, she said my spine was curved about 40% (causing me to hunch over) and had a severe left leg genu valgum (knock knees) from my recent lengthening.  She started setting up a physical therapist, a chiropractor, a bunch of blood work, MRI scans, xrays and requested to see me right after these tests same day.

After 3 hours, I saw her again during her lunch hour as she was very busy and she spent another 45 minutes with me.  She said it was key that I see an NHS therapist too because of all the trauma and anguish I've endured physically and emotionally.   

I asked her about Exogen and she said it wouldn't hurt to try but she doubted it's efficacity.  Regarding a bone chip/coral bone graft, she said they've successfully fused only up to 5cm, but never a 8-9cm gap as big as mine.  She showed me how a bone healing should look like month by month and it was surprising to me that nobody noticed that I wasn't consolidating at all until months after my lengthening had ended.

Since I've been lengthening mostly on my own these last few months, she asked me to stop for now for fear of irreversible soft tissue damage.  She measured my length disparity to be approx. 2cm apart.  My right leg accidental clicking is called runaway lengthening, when a nail cannot be stopped or reversed.  That's a difference btw the g-nail and Precice for example.

My left leg looks very good with nice callus formation while my right leg has receded to nothing again.  We're currently awaiting more test results to see if there're asymptomatic pin site infections or cysts/growths that might contribute to the non-union.

I'm not a medical expert and I'm merely noting what's happened to me so far as I understand it as a layman.  She kindly explained too that the £35 Uber return journey cost for me can be avoided with NHS free shuttles.  So I'm speechlessly grateful.

I am touched that I am cared for.  She has scheduled another appointment one week later to see the physio and to consult with her again after she's received my complete dossier.  I never thought I'd say this but compared to paying £1,200 for blood tests before and all the screaming, guilt tripping and drama, I never knew a free and compassionate option existed out there. 

She asked me to stop blaming myself for not doing enough to enable bone to grow on my right leg because bone is definitely growing on my left leg.  I've never actually thought of it this way as this last 12 months have been plagued with self derision and guilt.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:04:06 PM by Unicorn888 »

LilGuy

• Visitor
« Reply #575 on: July 24, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »

Keep pushing through. It might not seem like it but I think a lot of us are watching and waiting for that happy ending. Your situation is like an on going TV series that has yet to finish.

doomsday

« Reply #576 on: July 24, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »

Had similar experience with NHS. It can take long but once you're with the right person you will be fine. After all this is why we pay taxes.

Bander72

« Reply #577 on: July 24, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »

Sounds like you had good luck finding that person. What is interesting is that she said there was another case of guichet. So besides using a expensive out of date nail guichet really is damaging multiple people with his lack of care.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #578 on: July 24, 2017, 07:02:19 PM »

It's good to hear things seem to be going in the right direction for you and you're being cared for by better people now.

Would it not be possible to "lock" the nail in your right leg, so that no more accidental lengthening is possible? Surely this leg must be in the desired length now, so that you can stop lengthening?

Also, did I understood correctly that your LL doctor (mentioning no names) is threatening you with lawsuits?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #579 on: July 24, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »

Sounds like you had good luck finding that person. What is interesting is that she said there was another case of guichet. So besides using a expensive out of date nail guichet really is damaging multiple people with his lack of care.

I don't want to say anything negative about one nail vs another since I don't know what other nails are like.  Besides the differences I mentioned earlier, the g-nail is weight bearing which precice isn't so it depends on what LL patients are looking for.

NHS adopted Precice and use it often for trauma and pediatric cases, according to the doc.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #580 on: July 24, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »

It's good to hear things seem to be going in the right direction for you and you're being cared for by better people now.

Would it not be possible to "lock" the nail in your right leg, so that no more accidental lengthening is possible? Surely this leg must be in the desired length now, so that you can stop lengthening?

Also, did I understood correctly that your LL doctor (mentioning no names) is threatening you with lawsuits?

Unfortunately, no.  My nail cannot be stopped nor reversed but it caps at 10cm.  So I guess it'll eventually stop there.  Don't know what the case will be for my left leg since there're calluses.  I'm praying hard that the weight-bearing feature is like what it says on the tin.

And unfortunately, yes to your last question.  Having that hanging over my head while struggling to lengthen is a fate I do not wish on my worst enemies.  It's caused endless stress, sleepless nights, any knock on my door or phone call, and I jump.  I'm just trying to survive, to find a way to walk and claim back my life.

Body Builder

« Reply #581 on: July 24, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »

Guichet is one of the worst cases of LL doctors out there.
I knew it before Unicorn's experience but now it is time for the majority of people to know that this doctor is very expensive with an obsolete nail and lack of morals.
I really wish people be more careful in the future and not giving huge amounts of money to incapable and unethic doctors.

alps

« Reply #582 on: July 24, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »

I knew it before Unicorn's experience

I don't think anyone had an iota of doubt about Dr. Guichet until this. How did you know?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »

I knew it before Unicorn's experience but now it is time for the majority of people to know that this doctor is very expensive with an obsolete nail and lack of morals.
I really wish people be more careful in the future and not giving huge amounts of money to incapable and unethic doctors.

We've to stop doc bashing because it is not fair for Guichet.

All doctors have complications and I know that for a fact because many of the patients who do not heal after years are in touch together, and we all come from all the various doctors out there.

I still believe Guichet is a good surgeon and like all doctors, he has his positive and negative traits.  Simply idolizing some doctors while slamming others do not do justice to this forum and the effort LLers put in to enlighten the community.

I really hope this forum serves to open everyone's eyes that it's a highly risky complicated and painful procedure that can have terrible consequences (which is often under reported) and that one has to be very alert to the progress and treatment at every step and not naively leap on a faith and a prayer, like I did.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:40:15 PM by Unicorn888 »

Body Builder

« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2017, 08:44:22 PM »

I really have to stop this because it is not fair for Guichet.

All doctors have complications and I know that for a fact because many of the patients who do not heal after years are in touch together, and we all come from all the various doctors out there.

I still believe Guichet is a good surgeon and like all doctors, he has his positive and negative traits.  Simply idolizing some doctors while slamming others do not do justice to this forum and the effort LLers put in to enlighten the community.

I really hope this forum serves to open everyone's eyes that it's a highly risky complicated and painful procedure that can have terrible consequences (which is often under reported) and that one has to be very alert to the progress and treatment at every step and not naively leap on a faith and a prayer, like I did.
Unicorn I understand that you don't want to write bad things about Guichet because you are afraid of lawsuits, although I truly believe that you should sue him for all that happened to you for which Guichet is the main respondible.

But you ended up having a non aligned bone with a 10cm gap so you really should not say that Guichet is a good doctor because a good doctor don't push people to lengthen at 1mm rate per day and don't let them continue lengthening when they see that they have no bone consolidation at all.
Guichet is simply a ridiculously expensive doctor with mediocre capabilities and an obsolete nail who care only about money.
Maybe the worst doctor out there considering his price to do LL.

Alps, a doctor who obligate patients do a very strong workout routine for a month and more (all with some of his trainers to take money even from that) although it has never been proved that strong workout before LL helps, and also wants plenty of money for an obsolete nail (he claims about 45.000 euros for surgery but with all the other secret charges he has, patients end up paying 70k and more), can't be a good doctor.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #585 on: July 24, 2017, 11:23:39 PM »

Unfortunately, no.  My nail cannot be stopped nor reversed but it caps at 10cm.  So I guess it'll eventually stop there.  Don't know what the case will be for my left leg since there're calluses.  I'm praying hard that the weight-bearing feature is like what it says on the tin.

And unfortunately, yes to your last question.  Having that hanging over my head while struggling to lengthen is a fate I do not wish on my worst enemies.  It's caused endless stress, sleepless nights, any knock on my door or phone call, and I jump.  I'm just trying to survive, to find a way to walk and claim back my life.

Without going into too much detail...can you tell me if the reason for these threats are payments that are still due...or because you simply published your diary here? Because of a "damage to reputation" for the doctor? Surely that can't be the reason, all you did here was tell your experiences.

10 cm is too much I would say. Isn't there already bone growth in your other leg?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Bander72

« Reply #586 on: July 25, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »

Not to sound harsh unicorn but youre sounding like chris who would not bash the doctor deekpak until he reality set in. You are at your lowest point struggling and guichet has the audacity to threaten a lawsuit. Only a true scumbag would that and he should be avoided as he would not hesitate to do this to someone else. That fact that the worker told you that they have another case from guichet is a red flag.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

cobalt

« Reply #587 on: July 25, 2017, 06:07:35 AM »

I'm glad your case is now in the hands of an empathetic doctor, it will make a big difference to your support system unlike the lack of support and guidance you felt earlier. I think Guichet's problem may not be necessarily be technical skills but he lost simple empathy for his patients and forgotten what it truly means to be a doctor. He should not of cancelled/delayed your surgery just to book other ones in. That is ethically wrong and to threaten you with lawsuits when you are incapacitated and unable to work due to the fracture he initially had a hand in shows he is not thinking right either. Maybe if he had fixed you up sooner, you would of been on your way to recovery, find work, and later settle bills with him. Anyway, I don't want to distress you with my opinions on the matter, as you probably have already decided to come to terms with what already happened, so that you could heal. Most important is to work towards new solutions to optimal recovery.

I hope your new doctor will help you shorten your gap to perhaps just 7 cm on each leg. Wish you the best.

onemorefoot

« Reply #588 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:26 AM »

I'm glad your case is now in the hands of an empathetic doctor, it will make a big difference to your support system unlike the lack of support and guidance you felt earlier. I think Guichet's problem may not be necessarily be technical skills but he lost simple empathy for his patients and forgotten what it truly means to be a doctor. He should not of cancelled/delayed your surgery just to book other ones in. That is ethically wrong and to threaten you with lawsuits when you are incapacitated and unable to work due to the fracture he initially had a hand in shows he is not thinking right either. Maybe if he had fixed you up sooner, you would of been on your way to recovery, find work, and later settle bills with him. Anyway, I don't want to distress you with my opinions on the matter, as you probably have already decided to come to terms with what already happened, so that you could heal. Most important is to work towards new solutions to optimal recovery.

I hope your new doctor will help you shorten your gap to perhaps just 7 cm on each leg. Wish you the best.
I think skills are one his problems, he has at least one more patient with nonunion after a long time, the another problem is that he is hungry of money, sorry but that is what I see, ah the beginning I thought he was very skilled, but no, he is not that skilled, that is the reason why he doesnt like to perform internal tibia lengthening, obviously external methods are better for tibia, but that tells Many things. I wish you get better And can resume your Life as soon as possible.
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44   Go Up