Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016  (Read 251868 times)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

Re: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016
« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »

Let's not doc bash because I get into trouble.

I'm just highlighting my journey and the transition from private to public. 

You can see, while it's free, it's definitely far from smooth sailing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:09:00 AM by Unicorn888 »

Bander72

« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

Honestly, I think it is better to just shorten to match the legs if it means you can recover faster.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »

:'( :'(

I'm so sorry for all of this.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YellowSpike

« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »

Unicorn, I truly believe that you should stop lengthening your good foot at 5cm to finish it successfully and to stop be in pain and keep taking drugs.
Then you should compress the other foor at 5 cm, do a bone graft and see if it works. If still there is not callus, you should compress it at zero cm and when callus start to formate then you should slowly lengthen it too at 5cm.

There is no other solution for you. You just lose your time waiting for bone fusion with 7-8 cm gap! This can't happen.
Stop lengthening at 5cm on your good foot, which is a good gain, and then put all your effort to fix the non union. In the worst situation you'll fully compress it and then lengthen it again.
Everything can be fixed just find a good doctor and take out this bs nail that Guichet uses and then compress the bone.

Be strong, with a good doctor things will take time but for sure you'll be ok at the end.

Completely agree with this. Unicorn, at this point, we want you to get your life back. 5cm is 2 whole inches, and I can tell you that even just 2 inches makes a big difference. Plus you're a woman, so you'll end up at 5'4" which is totally fine! I completely understand and respect your decision to get LL, but since height really isn't nearly as important for women as it is men, at this point, you need to put your health first.

Wish you nothing but the best!

Datum

« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2017, 11:37:24 PM »

5 cm is a good gain but I can understand why Unicorn88 isn't happy. Getting LL for 5 cm is hard, but this whole nightmare and all that money for 5 cm? I feel sad when I see people spending their whole fortunes like Unicorn, Musicmaker, Cooper, Masterhy.. only for some cm and having so bad complications.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #532 on: June 11, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »

UNICORN.

I think you have to tell the truth to a member of your family. (The one you trust most)

In my opinion there is no shame to have to reveal the truth, even more so when you do this surgery for a real problem of size.

You need emotional help from someone you like very much. Best friend, Your brother... I don't know but if this person don't know the truth he can't give you support you need ! You need a natural person who knows the truth for help/support you in this trials.

5'4 " is a very good size for a woman. I'm not saying that to convince you. This is the truth : 5'4'' is a normal size for a woman.

Body Builder

« Reply #533 on: June 11, 2017, 10:30:33 PM »

5 cm is a good gain but I can understand why Unicorn88 isn't happy. Getting LL for 5 cm is hard, but this whole nightmare and all that money for 5 cm? I feel sad when I see people spending their whole fortunes like Unicorn, Musicmaker, Cooper, Masterhy.. only for some cm and having so bad complications.
I believe that Unicorn is not happy with all she have been through.
If you had so much problems it doesn't matter if you lengthened 5 or 8 cm.

Women over 5 fr don't need at all LL. Being tall is not a benefit for women as it is for men.
Many men (like me) find short women much sexier than taller ones but hardly any woman finds short men sexy as hardly any man find fat women hot.
So LL is a bad decision for women but Unicorn have done it and 5 cm is a very good gain so there is no reason to go over that after all these problems.
And when she stops lengthening successfully her right foot she should fix the other one by shortening it and try to promote bone growth.

Lengthening more than 5cm her right foot will just make things much harder for the other, non aligned, foot. I hope she listens to my advice and have a good result at the end.
She worths it after all that happened to her due to bad lack and Guichet's faults.

goldenegg

« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2017, 02:25:57 AM »

Hi Unicorn, I am so sorry about your latest updates and I'm glad you've found a non-cosmetic LL doctor to treat your case. honestly, it seems like dr. G was no longer able well equipped to treat your complications and continuing would've been additional money wasted.

on the positive side, the callus in your shorter leg does look pretty good.  I'm really hoping for you the day when you can return to a normal, but taller life after all you've been through.

LilGuy

• Visitor
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2017, 04:01:10 AM »

Hey Guys,

I heard a story of a girl back in January around the twenties of 2017 that one of Guichet patients had fractured one of her legs and now she needs to wait to lengthen it.

I never knew this diary existed in the first place. Me personally considering to do it with Guichet decided to read on some diaries and as I was reading in other diaries a lot of people mentioned her name and story so I was curious and ended up on this page. I spent about 7 hours reading through the whole thing.

I broke..... I haven't gotten to that level of feeling sad, emptiness and having tears run out of my eyes from reading something before. This was the first time. The whole story of how she was happy, rich, energetic and optimistic to becoming so self-hatred, lonely, depressed and in debt was like one of those hard slaps that really brings you back to reality. Hey, not everything goes the way you want it. In my mind I was thinking about the stories we hear about rich people losing all their fortune, going bankruptcy and ending up either homeless or in jail after having it all. Take nothing for guaranteed for sure. Live, enjoy and appreciate every moment, the unexpected can happen. However, it did give me a sign of relief as I was having some cognitive dissonance as to go through this surgery with Guichet or not. I have found my answer. I slept very sad and feeling some hole in my heart but woke up very energetic and appreciative of what I have and told my self, "don't be dumb". Will I do this surgery? Maybe. Probably not with Guichet. Unicorn you are an adult aging 40. I am pretty sure you should know by now that sadness doesn't last. 1 year or two years from now could be a scary thought for you as you are still not sure and unknown of what's going to happen. I know for a fact that most humans are scared of the unknown. But do you think after the years pass and you are walking again, tall and happy, after you have passed this miserable hardship you are in, would you be feeling the same as now? Probably not. Would you proud of how sad or depressed you were? Maybe. Who knows. I have never posted before, but I took time to make an account and tell you this. Pull through you are not a child anymore, my heart, our hearts are with you. Don't blame other people, it is a human instinct to want the best for yourself after all. How would you react if it was another patient and your surgery went smooth? Don't call people evil. Go back to your old self, be energetic, be happy, no guy would date someone so miserable. What happens if you had a car accident and couldn't walk? You still think you wouldn't get married or have kids? That's not realistic at all. I know lots of disabled people(my brother is) and they end up falling in love and getting married.

You have accomplished a lot already, be proud. It is not your fault, but neither it is the fault of others.

I have made a go fund me page for you and shared your story there with this post. If you would like me to take it down, let me know.

Here's the link: https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/unicorns-journey. If anyone would like to donate, go ahead.

Edit: I noticed Guichet is always having new secretaries that keep leaving him? Any ideas?

limby101

« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »

hey unicorn?
how things are going?
hope for the better news...

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »

Hi all,

Lilguy, trust me, I'm not blaming the entire world for what happened to me, it's all wholly 100% my fault.  I blamed my height for everything that is wrong in my life.  I thought if I were taller, everything would be better.  I didn't do enough research and I didn't think long and hard enough about the risks.  I just simply assumed that I would be special enough that none of the complications would apply to me.

I was wrong.

So since I last updated on this post, I had found out that my accidental clicking on my right leg continued until approximately 9.78cm (!!!).  That was an unwelcomed bombshell because yet again, the worst of my nightmares keep materializing.  The last thing a non-union person like myself needs is additional height and gap.

My left leg is currently at 7.8cm and I've slowed down the lengthening to only about 0.4mm per day.  I know many of you advise that I stop the lengthening and shorten the gap.  However, I'm currently without much guidance.  So I'm just trying to match both lengths until I get a solution.

In the meantime, my body is bent out of shape.  My left leg currently cannot straighten flat and there's severe valgus inwards (I cannot put much weight on it as my toes are turned inwards).  I'm suffering from scoliosis as well and cannot lie flat in bed.  I'm just hoping that all these are temporary and will eventually disappear once the lengthening process ends.  Which won't happen until mid September at my current rate.

Sleeping has been hard and I do depend on sleeping pills because my legs get sore every 5 minutes in the same position and I spend hours tossing and turning.

I've had time to take stock of my life, and I know that right now, I've lost quite a lot compared to the me 12 months ago.  Only one of two things can happen.  Either I capitulate, accept my disabled fate and become a beneficiary of everyone's pity or I fight back and become the tall winner that I aspired to be.

As shallow as it sounds, it's a tall order to regain my life...: I cannot even walk right now, I'm hunched over from severe duck ass, I live on a measly budget, I've tried interviewing for jobs but the latest one ended in rejection (who would hire a hunched back like me who hobbles around and pants with each step!  I'm monstrous), I've lost a lot of self confidence, I've gained weight I can't fit into my clothes (we're talking a good 10kg), I'm so ungroomed (yes LilGuy, NOBODY would marry me, much less look at me twice...) and the worst thing is... I'm scared to venture out of my house.  I shy away from friends as I don't want to deal with questions and sympathy anymore.

Is that how people slide into the abyss?  One thing leads to another and soon enough, the world has moved on and you're left far behind in the dust.  When I think about how I've to find a way to live until I'm old, I shudder.  At 42, I've nothing to my name.  People are married with kids, have supportive partners, have grown roots.  I'm a mere tumbleweed.  Here today, gone tomorrow, leaving no mark.

Anyway, I wanted to do something positive for people who're considering leg lengthening and can't fully fathom what it entails.  So I'm going to post all the photos I had taken during my journey a year ago on https://www.instagram.com/unicorn_gets_taller/.  At least that way, my journey has not gone to waste and you'll have visuals to accompany my diary here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:28:50 PM by Unicorn888 »

Penguinn

« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »

Based on what I've read in this diary, Guichet is responsible for most if not all of your hardships. Of course, as LL patients we accept some risk and accountability but it seems like he took as much advantage of you as possible.

I'm confused about your current situation: are you going to click the shorter leg till it matches the gap of almost 10cms? I'm no doctor but that sounds like the worst possible thing to do considering the non union.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »

Based on what I've read in this diary, Guichet is responsible for most if not all of your hardships. Of course, as LL patients we accept some risk and accountability but it seems like he took as much advantage of you as possible.

I'm confused about your current situation: are you going to click the shorter leg till it matches the gap of almost 10cms? I'm no doctor but that sounds like the worst possible thing to do considering the non union.

I don't know yet, I'm confused too.  I've a first NHS interview on Friday to see if my case can be accepted by them.  If yes, then at least I'll know what to do.

I had seen Guichet 3x since my surgery in April, and he wanted me to continue.  Without much guidance, I'm really really lost.

I'm really scared I might never walk again.  I understand from the NHS doctors that in the worst possible scenario, they can do a coral, bone chip paste and graft it on the gap and apparently that works well, if there're no other complications like infections etc.

So my journey is definitely not ended yet.  Little did I know a year ago that I would be in this horrible situation one year later, barely able to stand and leaning hard on a hollow scaffold.

I would NEVER have done this surgery if I had even the slightest inkling what lay in store for me.

Datum

« Reply #540 on: July 17, 2017, 08:35:43 PM »

The coral is good but 10 cm is too much in a case of non union. I would stop before. I can't see why Guichet advises to continue. LL is a business for these shady doctors who don't care about patients and advise what's better for them and not the patient.
i think the NHS doctors will give you a better solution than him.

Body Builder

« Reply #541 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:04 PM »

10 cm is too much not only for a non union but generally for LL.
You are going to ruin your good leg and your proportions just only to be the same length with a leg that would never consolidate without compression.
And then you are going to compress even your good foot to have the same length.

I am sorry Unicorn but it seems that this situation is above your powers and you really don't seem to have a clear mind.
I hope you'll get throught this but without having a responsible doctor on your side and following his advice you won't have a positive result.
I really wish to finish all this and be healthy and functional.

jojo

« Reply #542 on: July 17, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »

I agree. You need to find a Dr.

(Shorten or compress the finished leg 2-3 cm.  and then get some kind of graft or stem cell to regenerate.)

a doctor would know better Then My guss
Have you wrote Palay or some of the top doctors?

Please do it.

onemorefoot

« Reply #543 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:04 PM »

Look for another doc, I Hope NHS docs can help you, if not you should look for another doc, you have been in this for more than a year And It starts to look very serious, I dont really know what Guitchet says about all this, but It seems It has gone too far, out of his control. Finally, you continue spending a lot of money, It has to stop. You can realize in these hard moments that the people that were the best Friends, are not anymore. Anyway, I wish you solve this puzzle soon.
Budget will determine my future.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #544 on: July 18, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »

I've attached here photos pre-marrow graft by Guichet and post-marrow graft and it looks like there's improvement.

April 2017

June 2017

doomsday

« Reply #545 on: July 18, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »

yeah there is some callus around the nail. Good news!if there is callus i  really doubt NHS  will be willing to do anything. You will have to wait for consolidation. If I was you I would try to find a way to  get as much blood in that leg as possible. I'm not sure if you used to go to the gym but basically the more you train a muscle the more blood gets into it with nutrition and oxygen etc. Sometimes I used to get so pomped on my arms that i tought they gonna blow up(great feeling btw :D ) Buy a stationary bike and smash those legs on it. You're gonna lose weight and speed up recovery :D

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #546 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »

yeah there is some callus around the nail. Good news!if there is callus i  really doubt NHS  will be willing to do anything. You will have to wait for consolidation. If I was you I would try to find a way to  get as much blood in that leg as possible. I'm not sure if you used to go to the gym but basically the more you train a muscle the more blood gets into it with nutrition and oxygen etc. Sometimes I used to get so pomped on my arms that i tought they gonna blow up(great feeling btw :D ) Buy a stationary bike and smash those legs on it. You're gonna lose weight and speed up recovery :D

Yeah, this 30mins x 3 per day :)   I've posted a photo journal on https://www.instagram.com/unicorn_gets_taller/ for those of you who want a better idea of the process

jojo

« Reply #547 on: July 18, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:15:07 PM by jojo »

doomsday

« Reply #548 on: July 18, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »

wtf?

jojo

« Reply #549 on: July 18, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

Do you know the device called darma roller. Regeneration of skin.

Lol dont be mad. Maybe it would Work. Haha

Datum

« Reply #550 on: July 18, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »

You're a beautiful woman Unicorn888 and you'll get out of this   thanks to NHS. Your instagram account is a LL cautionary tale. Bad cases go out of doctors' control and they are so arrogant they can't admit they committed mistakes. I'd wish other patients were as open as you because everybody would know the truth about the surgery that made them disabled but they prefer keeping silent coz they're terrified or want to protect the doctor. Hope for better news soon.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #551 on: July 18, 2017, 04:10:14 PM »

Hi Unicorn! Have you tried bone stimulators such as exogen? I read somewhere that some of Paley's patients were doing it.
I leave an article about them: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2762251/
I don't know whether they will have a definite impact on your case, but I doubt it would hurt to try.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #552 on: July 18, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »

Sticking with you Unicorn, nothing I can really do for you but I always check your thread for updates and hope you will be fine soon.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jojo

« Reply #553 on: July 18, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »

Do you know the device called darma roller. Regeneration of skin.

Lol dont be mad. Maybe it would Work. Haha

This was not for uni.
I talked  about regeneration of cells and how blood Works and Then i deleted it becouse doomsday Said Wtf.

Sorry. Never mind

cobalt

« Reply #554 on: July 18, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »

I think you will come out of this alright in the end. I can tell by your perseverance and the progress of your xrays don't look bad at this point. Despite the pain you have right now, your x-rays give hope to your situation.

In the end despite the craziness of it all, you will likely turn out fine after all. If you can survive this far, you are going to make out a super woman, keep working out your legs in physical therapy. Thankyou for this diary and the pictures you provided. No one has painted a clearer picture than this.

Anyway cheers to your new x-rays, bone growth, and keep us updated.

cobalt

« Reply #555 on: July 18, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »

BTW you look very young in your photos. Not your real age at all, that is something you should be happy about. I have no doubt you will resume your old life after all this is over with one day. You are intelligent, attractive, and now even taller. I see no reasons as to why you cannot get married or have kids. I know ladies who had children at 40, 42. Or even adoption is possible. Either way you can fulfill all these things. So never limit yourself in this thinking.

jerkey

« Reply #556 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:32 AM »

Hi Unicorn,

Just read through your diary, I couldn't believe what I was reading tbh.

I'm no expert but it is mostly the pediatric orthopedic surgeons who do deformity corrections (lengthen, shorten, rotate bones) as children usually present with these conditions. I believe some of them also see adults to deal with these issues. For example, Dr. Paley and Dr. Donghoon are trained as pediatric orthopedic surgeons. The adult orthopedic surgeons trained in trauma, lower limb complex recon (guys that also do hip/knee replacements), and oncology also deal with deformities usually arising from trauma (surgery, accidents where bone not salvageable) but I believe their approach is to heal the bone first by shortening b/c you can still walk with a shortened leg. At this point, I don't know what your goals are but from my experience with tibia lengthening, when I asked the surgeon they told me it takes approximately 1 month/1 cm of lengthening tibia to union/heal. With so little callus and a 10cm gap with no reverse/shortening mechanism with the G-nail, it will take many months for consolidation while having an unstable base. I can only imagine the psychological/economical difficulties of healing that long.

It seems that you are a highly qualified professional with a harvard education. And too young to be throwing that away. If you cut your losses and if your ortho suggests closing the bone gap, it may take around 3 months for the femur to consolidate if you take the estimate for a new fracutre, and you would be walking pretty normally before that with equal leg lengths as you have maintained your muscle mass through regular exercise. You will have lost time, height, and money but none more going forward. The risk of more accidental clicks, infections, surgeries, procedures, and pulmonary embolism damaging your health and adding more time is frankly scary. Reducing to 5cm like others suggested also seems like an excellent option if this is possible, but I don't know how you can do this reliably in surgery; leaving a bone gap with a nonunion may be taking chances on its own. If height continues to be an issue, maybe you can consider surgery again way out in the future but with a smaller limit (probably 5cm max) on your femurs, and doing bone marrow right from the start. Doing more of this right now seems really difficult. And please please don't think of this as something you have to "beat" as you can't tell your body to grow more bone...

Another thing is the medication. When I was lengthening, I took tramadol on a regular basis. Only when I stopped taking them after lengthening that I realized, as an opioid, it was allowing me to feel almost zero anxiety about the passing time. When I came off I sort of woke up to the fact that all this time passed by in my life. Also, I was addicted to sleeping pills (benzodiazepines and imovane) when I was in my early 20's. I tried multiple times to quit, but only after ~2 years and going cold turkey for 2 weeks (when I didn't sleep at all) was I able to come off of them. Because the benzos also dampen anxiety, and when they come off the anxiety is worse, I made the mistake of lashing out and losing some of my friends. I am frankly scared of sleeping pills to this day for this reason.

Lastly, and this is my personal opinion, if having your own kids is what you want, you can plan to freeze your eggs and this will take some time pressure off and maybe change your decision about ongoing leg lengthening. Again, my personal opinion/observation, nowadays as men's appearance is mattering more and more and his financial abilities a bit less, if you go back to your good job and hire a personal trainer to get you a killer body I think that marriage is certainly not impossible (although I don't know your standards). If you are worried about your age, if you will consider guys who had prior marriage I think you will find yourself with options, especially nowadays when divorce is unfortunately very common.

I am wishing the best for you and hope to hear good news posted on your diary soon. Please remember to eat well (sufficient calories + lots of protein + calcium). Please consider telling someone, a family member; they will be angry at first, but in the end only family really can love you unconditionally and truly care. Please keep your optimistic outlook. Like old Mike Tyson said, after hundreds of millions of dollars, loss of his daughter, betrayals, etc etc, "As long as you are alive, you have a chance".

All the best and wishing you health.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #557 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »

I agree. You need to find a Dr.

(Shorten or compress the finished leg 2-3 cm.  and then get some kind of graft or stem cell to regenerate.)

a doctor would know better Then My guss
Have you wrote Palay or some of the top doctors?

Please do it.

Hi Jojo!

Thanks for the suggestion but my issue is I cannot afford to see another paying doctor anymore.  I've already blown through £100k with no employment prospects to come.  So my only hope so far is NHS.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44   Go Up