Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016  (Read 251897 times)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

Re: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »

Guichet does not recommend doing both segment at a same time, he said its longer recovery and double pain

Hi both,

Guichet actually doesn't do tibia lengthening :)  So there you go...

On his website, he mentions that it's better to do bilateral lengthening (2 legs at the same time) versus unilateral lengthening (1 leg at a time) because you take less risks (1x surgery/hospital stay versus 2x surgery/hospital stay) + costs are double (double xrays/tests, double physio time, double meds/pharma, double time?)

The Kaiser

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

Hi Kaiser,

1)  The nail did not bend or break.  My bone cracked like an eggshell at drilling and it became vulnerable.  It fractured without any accident, just regular movement.  The nails are still in perfect condition, that's why Guichet did not remove it but repositioned it lower so that when my fracture is fully healed, I can start clicking again :)

2)   No, lengthening up to a maximum of 10cm requires only 1 surgery (the insertion of the G-nail) unless you have complications like myself (a fracture) which needed (1) the nail to be repositioned AND another surgery (2) to rebreak my femur so that I can start clicking again.  Also, for those who wish to remove the G-nail in 1 to 2 years, you need another surgery.  That's why it's super important to budget around potential complications as it can take more than just 1 surgery to complete your lengthening.

However, to answer your question, only 1 surgery is required to insert the G-Nail :)

3)  The pricing varies but do count £50k and above just for the lengthening alone (I think with my complication which also includes 2 more surgeries, more tests, more meds, more helper time, more transport costs etc, I'm coming close to £80k now):

INCLUDES
-  Bi-weekly consultations with Guichet
-  Daily physio
-  Isokinetic training/treatments

EXCLUDES
-  Pre-operation tests
-  Post-operation tests (each x-ray is approximately £300-400)
-  Pharmaceuticals
-  Accommodation
-  Treatments (ie. chiropractor)
-  Food
-  Transportation
-  Helper
-  Removal of nail (later)

what a professional answer, ok may i ask you 1- the fractured happened in your bone or in the device itself?

2- should you hire a helper or you can manage yourself alone? 3- how the helper cost?

4- this question make me like crazy, how much is the surgery itself in Milan, is it 45000, 50000 or 65000 Euros, i always here a different answer?

i hope you recover very well, god bless

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »

what a professional answer, ok may i ask you 1- the fractured happened in your bone or in the device itself?

2- should you hire a helper or you can manage yourself alone? 3- how the helper cost?

4- this question make me like crazy, how much is the surgery itself in Milan, is it 45000, 50000 or 65000 Euros, i always here a different answer?

i hope you recover very well, god bless

1- the fractured happened in your bone or in the device itself?

The fracture happened in my bone (nothing was wrong with the device).

2- should you hire a helper or you can manage yourself alone?
NO, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to manage on your own the first 2 weeks. You can hardly move.  So everyone who came for surgery finally understood that they needed a helper for AT LEAST the first 2 weeks post operation.

3- how the helper cost?

It depends on what level of helper.  There are professional nurses and there are also, just 'babysitters'.  It's really up to you to negotiate.

I would say at least 65,000 euros for the surgery + post-op PT + Guichet time, EXCLUDING all I had listed before.

The Kaiser

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »

1- the fractured happened in your bone or in the device itself?

The fracture happened in my bone (nothing was wrong with the device).

2- should you hire a helper or you can manage yourself alone?
NO, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to manage on your own the first 2 weeks. You can hardly move.  So everyone who came for surgery finally understood that they needed a helper for AT LEAST the first 2 weeks post operation.

3- how the helper cost?

It depends on what level of helper.  There are professional nurses and there are also, just 'babysitters'.  It's really up to you to negotiate.

I would say at least 65,000 euros for the surgery + post-op PT + Guichet time, EXCLUDING all I had listed before.

thanks for the answers, at least 65000, "at least" word would kill me hahaha, about the helper i don't want a professional one just a normal one you know how much it cost?

and what about your surgery whats the update?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »

thanks for the answers, at least 65000, "at least" word would kill me hahaha, about the helper i don't want a professional one just a normal one you know how much it cost?

and what about your surgery whats the update?

Expect to pay between £500-1,000 per week for a helper.  But it is also possible to get a cleaning lady to help you clean your house and prepare some meals for £10-15/hour.

I just had my xrays done today, and so far we can see bones forming on both legs and fracture.  So, I'll continue doing physio everyday and learn how to walk without crutches on my right leg.  For my left, the bone has to heal first, before we rebreak another part for clicking/distraction.

The Kaiser

« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »

Expect to pay between £500-1,000 per week for a helper.  But it is also possible to get a cleaning lady to help you clean your house and prepare some meals for £10-15/hour.

I just had my xrays done today, and so far we can see bones forming on both legs and fracture.  So, I'll continue doing physio everyday and learn how to walk without crutches on my right leg.  For my left, the bone has to heal first, before we rebreak another part for clicking/distraction.

Be careful and ask Dr Guichet about putting your full weight in one leg it seems like putting your weight 2x on one leg, am not an expert but just worry about this situation.

about the cleaning lady, can i make her my helper lol?

what about the hotels, cheap one with Wifi does Dr Guichet helped you with a cheap accommodation? how much it may cost?

take care you're in a very safe hands

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2016, 07:31:54 AM »

Be careful and ask Dr Guichet about putting your full weight in one leg it seems like putting your weight 2x on one leg, am not an expert but just worry about this situation.

about the cleaning lady, can i make her my helper lol?

what about the hotels, cheap one with Wifi does Dr Guichet helped you with a cheap accommodation? how much it may cost?

take care you're in a very safe hands

Yes, I was very surprised.  At first, I was fully weight bearing on just 1 leg and it was all ok.  Now that my pelvis tilt has been cured, I weight bear 50/50 on left and right.  I'm so HAPPY about this progress  ;D ;D ;D

It's up to you to find accommodation, Guichet doesn't help.  But because it's London, you can find anything :)  I would highly recommend you to be in the Marylebone, Bloomsbury or Fitzrovia area, closest to the gym on Great Russell Street.  That will save you daily transport cost and stress :)

There is a hotel on top of the gym, called ST GILES on Great Russell Street.  I think it's £99 on the web but am sure you can negotiate for better rates for 2 months' stay.

Thank you, I'm working hard so that I can grow my bones quickly and finish my lengthening :)

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »

Thanks unicorn!! Good luck with your recovery, its actually really reassuring that even though you had a bit of a complication you're doing well.
Also do you know for how long Guichet will be in work as I have considered just doing my femurs for about 5-6 cm and just dealing with the fact that my femurs will be looking about 3-4inches longer than my tibias.. But it doesnt look too bad as Asians typically have smaller tibias anyway
Hope you've had a good day today :)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »

Also do you know for how long Guichet will be in work as I have considered just doing my femurs for about 5-6 cm and just dealing with the fact that my femurs will be looking about 3-4inches longer than my tibias.. But it doesnt look too bad as Asians typically have smaller tibias anyway
Hope you've had a good day today :)

You don't have to worry, Guichet's around for a while.

I initially thought my proportions would make my tibia short too but instead, it made everything look longer.  Now my elongated leg looks NORMAL, and my old short leg looks like I got it SHORTENED...

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »

I can understand, I was trying to do the proportions thing with photoshop and honestly the elongated ones looked a lot more natural than my actual legs (they look so stubby)
Do you know why Guichet doesn't do tibias, and also if you don't mind me asking why have you chosen that now is the right time for you?

The Kaiser

« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »

I can understand, I was trying to do the proportions thing with photoshop and honestly the elongated ones looked a lot more natural than my actual legs (they look so stubby)
Do you know why Guichet doesn't do tibias, and also if you don't mind me asking why have you chosen that now is the right time for you?

He said it takes more than a year for recovery and more complex than femur (two bone should be broke)

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »

He said it takes more than a year for recovery and more complex than femur (two bone should be broke)

I'm trying to look for other doctors that do tibias on here but so far I've only got a diary of external tibia by Dr.sarin. does you or anyone know other doctors with good reputation that do that do tibia and their prices?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »

Parihar(Around 15k?), Catagni(20k?) and Birkholtz(around 20k aswell).

There are probably cheaper indian/russian options but idk, your choice.

The Kaiser

« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2016, 09:29:23 PM »

I'm trying to look for other doctors that do tibias on here but so far I've only got a diary of external tibia by Dr.sarin. does you or anyone know other doctors with good reputation that do that do tibia and their prices?

Dr Dror Paley

The Kaiser

« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »

Hey Uni where are ya? its been a long off, am start thinking about your situation

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

Hi Wasabix,
Everything fell into place.  I've actually retired from a 20-yr career and wanted to realise a couple of dreams.  One of them being larger eyes (which I actually went to Korea to do on my own in June (!) and being taller.  I have my complexes from childhood... long story, takes Sitting Bull three days to tell...

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2016, 11:55:13 AM »

Hey Uni where are ya? its been a long off, am start thinking about your situation

Yes, better post some :) 

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »

J+77 TERMINUS

Height Gained : 7.2cm / 166.5cm

Hi folks,

Sorry for being absent for so long.  Have been quite depressed (a little) as I'm willing my bones to heal so that I can start lengthening my left leg.  It's so irritating that I look like a circus freak!

That said, looks like my final height is about 166.5-167cm (I know! The math doesn't add up)...  but I guess, I can call myself 5' 5.75" inches, hence, 5'6"...  right?  I'm gonna stick to that :) because at 166.5cm, I still had a little duck ass blocking me from my full potential.

The proportions are phenomenal and I do feel like a brand new person altogether.  I'm attaching (lewd) photos of my lengthened leg and ma' bones (which is BALD)!  I've NO BONES!  It's all empty space and 'under construction' signs everywhere (if you zoom in on the xrays).

I hate taking my daily supplements, on my last count, I'm on 21 pills per day, and it messes with my body and probably my head too!  I'm getting a bit 'The Shining' on my poor helper.

She's been super cool, she takes a walker and both of us limp in the park for 20-40 mins per day so that I can have adequate weight bearing exercise (she says it works out her triceps).  Apparently, besides strong supplements like Risedronate, Calcium, vitamins D3 and C, the more you stress/bear weight on your bones, the faster it grows back.

My bones don't seem to get the memo, it's just chillin' there doin' nothin'.  I can't sit on my ass for so long.  2 guys from my 2nd generation class (Sep 1st surgery) are already walking WITHOUT crutches!!!  And I'm still on a walker frame like grandma.

I can roll around and sleep on my side foetal style now, so it makes a hell of a difference.  I've been sleeping 8-10 hours per day and napping twice in the afternoons.  I'll be sprouting fur on my back soon!

Ok, have to go see me chiropractor (pic below) and get pummelled, butchered and she uses my ass as her pin cushion.

I'll write more later if I survive...  TO BE CONTINUED

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »

So you are taller than me now, i feel betrayed.

Well quality of the photo is moderate but the scars are barely seen so that's pretty nice.

Good luck with further healing.

alps

« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »

do you go to a chiropractor also for your legs? Is it part of the regimen?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »

So you are taller than me now, i feel betrayed.

Well quality of the photo is moderate but the scars are barely seen so that's pretty nice.

Good luck with further healing.

Hi stranger,

How are you?  Yes, the scarring has been quite minimal, so I'm lucky.  It'll disappear in 6 months since it's just discolouration and not keloid.  That said, I'm using Dermatix cream and a silicon patch on each site.

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »

do you go to a chiropractor also for your legs? Is it part of the regimen?

Yes, Guichet prescribed 8 sessions of chiropractor hell, just for me!  In the first session, she was able to lower my pelvis tilt from 10cm to 0cm in 30 mins.  My pelvis has been over compensating for my short leg.

2nd session, she removed my duck ass and realigned my spine.  Guichet seems to trust her a lot but each session is quite violent...  so this is definitely up Guichet's alley!!!

I just left her place in tears today.  She was stretching out my IT band and hamstrings, then fired a bunch of needles into my knees.  I was howling in pain!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:13:27 PM by Unicorn888 »

The Kaiser

« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »

Great news keep it up  ;)

Bander72

« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »

Godo work.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2016, 11:49:38 AM »

J+84 TERMINUS

Height Gained : 7.2cm / 166.5cm

I've been obsessing about my final height for a while now, it appears that in early AM, I'm 167cm and by evening, I'm 166.5+cm... more or less.  So I know that when I measure my initial height of 158.5cm, it was PM, so I might be 159cm in the AM...???

I wanted to update you guys regarding pain levels... after I stopped clicking, the stiffness and soreness went away completely after 2-3 weeks.  Now my legs don't bother me or hurt at all.  They just appear deceptively normal and Elle McPhearson as hell (well one side, the other is a garden dwarf).

Then, I started more weight bearing exercises to encourage faster bone growth/consolidation.  So I crutch around 3x20 mins per day around my home and at Hyde Park.  Apparently, stress makes bones grow, works opposite with men tho, right?

I still continue Guichet's 2,000 reps (10 exercises x200 reps) everyday, and cycle 2x30 mins per day.  I see lots of bulging blue veins on my thighs and it's lean as hell.  I look like Madonna's biceps...

I've started to 'walk' as in put one foot in front of the other with 100% weight bearing yesterday, and did 30 mins nonstop.  I was plagued all night with sore legs.  So it looks like this is my next challenge.  Will do more today.

Am trying to understand from Doc when I could be ready for my last surgery and what it entails.  He mentioned, he had to remove my nail, recut my femur and re-insert the nail back.  That it should be a light outpatient surgery and right after, I should be able to start clicking and lengthening my left leg which has 7.2cm or 6.8cm max to catch up. 

He promises that if my xrays show consolidation in 2 weeks' time, we can do the surgery in November, so that I can click through xmas and return in January almost completed.  This is waaaay more optimistic than his initial estimate to perform surgery next April.  I can't continue being crippled for so long.  It gets depressing after a while, there're only so many books and movies I can watch per day and my brain has turned to mush, and my friends have abandoned me :) except those loyal ones who insist on breaking down my door and inhaling urine fumes in my room.  I guess there's nothing more eye opening than doing a friend filtering once in a while...

Am still plying myself with endless supplements, chiefly Vit C, D3 and Calcium.  My pelvis tilt still looks bad (abt 3-5cm higher on left pelvis), and if I square out my pelvis evenly, then my ass juts out.  I get to choose... apparently a quick fix is to attach me to this medieval torture device where I'm pulled apart by 4 horses???!  Something like that, not sure as when Guichet starts mumbling into his beard, I often zone out due to yanking fear.  During his last yank, he measured my knee flexion to be above 130 degrees.  He seemed pleased, at last!

The math works like this then (according to me).  About 4 weeks after stopping clicking, all pain goes away, can weight bear 100% to walk, and knee and hip flexions are back to original.  And my progress is considered slow.  One of my classmates was already dancing without crutches a day after finishing clicking and he's now touring the world.  His surgery date was week of Sep 1st and he accomplished all this within a miraculous 6 weeks, gaining about 4cm+ - I'm really impressed!

Annalisa

« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »

Your story is so assuring. Even with complications, everyting can end well if you're in good hands. Don't you do training every day with Guichet's trainers, or you're spending your time mostly at bed reading and watching series, while your leg is healing?

Auron

« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »

Hey Unicorn, it's been quite the journey eh.

Putting aside the complications, how does it feel to be 167cm?  :)

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »

Putting aside the complications, how does it feel to be 167cm?  :)

Really, put aside the complications, as if they are just some sort of minor inconveniences on the path to getting taller.

Ok dude, way to keep your eye on the ball here. Yeah, never mind the multiple surgeries and potential life long pain and complications, I just want to know what it's like to be a little bit taller. Wow!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »

Really, put aside the complications, as if they are just some sort of minor inconveniences on the path to getting taller.

Ok dude, way to keep your eye on the ball here. Yeah, never mind the multiple surgeries and potential life long pain and complications, I just want to know what it's like to be a little bit taller. Wow!

Auron

« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »

You are trying too hard there.

petite

• Visitor
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »

You have a long and very beautiful leg.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44   Go Up