Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016  (Read 252301 times)

notatroll

Re: UNICORN - Dr. Guichet Internal Femurs 8cm - Summer 2016
« Reply #1054 on: August 24, 2018, 09:51:29 PM »

I've come to a point where I truly believe that there's bad luck and then, there's also incompetence/neglect/arrogance on the part of the doctors.

Someone reminded me again about MasterHY's diary on the old MakeMeTaller site from 2013 which is quite similar to mine where we were initially so enthusiastic and in complete adulation of our doctors to discover that the moment complications happen, we all get abandoned, dismissed and swept under the rug.

So yes, there is a bunch of us...  sort of hanging around haunting these doctors because of the way they handled complications.  And we won't stop until we're healed no matter how many years it takes.

YES Ma'am

Betz, Guichet and Monegal should be deprived of their licenses to practice. Together we can

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1055 on: August 25, 2018, 05:01:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

I promised to try illustrate what happens to your body dynamics when your bones are longer than your soft tissues.  The kind of stuff that CLL doctors seem to brush off but depending on your flexibility, regaining normal walking gait and posture could take a very long time and affect your quality of life (besides muscle atrophy etc).

Hence, stretching and physiotherapy are especially important during the lengthening process to avoid stiff muscle contractures.  And LLers need to recognize WHEN TO STOP lengthening when their soft tissues are over extended because surgical releases might be required if your body cannot keep up with your taller self.  No one case is the same, hence, you need to own your process and keep a vigilant eye on how your body is adapting.

There's no magic solution, it's about what to look out for to stay safe during your LL process.

BEFORE (Wide Leg Phenomenon)

AFTER (Wide Leg Phenomenon)

BEFORE (Anterior Pelvic Tilt / Duckass Phenomenon)

AFTER (Anterior Pelvic Tilt / Duckass Phenomenon)

patientprivacy

« Reply #1056 on: August 31, 2018, 09:34:55 PM »

Thanks for your diagrams. They explain very well what happens with femur LL. What about tibia? What kind of effect does tibial lengthening have?

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1057 on: September 01, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »

Thanks for your diagrams. They explain very well what happens with femur LL. What about tibia? What kind of effect does tibial lengthening have?

I don't know, sorry!   Coz I never did my tibs, so I have zero knowledge here :)

AR

« Reply #1058 on: September 08, 2018, 11:58:55 AM »

Ballerina foot - knee bending - foot inversion. All because of tendons and muscles contraction.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1059 on: September 08, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »

Hey guys,

I found something quite amazing for soft tissue stretching and muscle strengthening for femur LL.  NHS got me to try it and it looked sooooo basic, like it was invented in the stone age.  It probably helped homosapiens stand upright and walk straight!

But actually, it helped me soooo much in terms of stretching hamstrings and quads when I rocked forward and backwards, and then IT bands when I rock from side to side.  Coz imagine when you rock backwards, you're effectively stretching your hamstrings and when you rock forward, your glutes and hip flexors etc.

Also just standing still and balancing on the board, while holding lightly onto parallel bars.  This simple exercise activates glutes, abs etc. core muscles and you literally sweat buckets for such low impact movements.

The KEY is to be as SLOW as possible and not use momentum to swing yourself.  Anyway, just a suggestion and not to be attempted without the confines, security and even supervision of your physio and handle bars.  This is only for weight bearing nails/devices + good bone consolidation.

Just wanted to share this little CLL HACK  :D   JUST DON'T FALL, PLEASE  ;D

FORWARD & BACKWARD ROCKING
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0uhVnBBh3/?taken-by=unicorn_gets_taller

SIDE TO SIDE ROCKING
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0u56RBZXg/?taken-by=unicorn_gets_taller
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:34:27 PM by Unicorn888 »

tombrada

« Reply #1060 on: September 08, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »

Hey Unicorn,

Am so impressed that you've started on the journey. Is there anyway you could email me so I could ask you a bit more about it? thomas.brada@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks and congrats!

Tom

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1061 on: October 13, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

It's been a while.  Apologies for not updating you on my last A&E incident.  Since it was the 2nd time it's happened to me, I decided to film the entire episode so that you'll get a front row seat of an unexpected complication and how it unfolds.

I was about to leave on vacation when I got up from my sofa to feed my cat.  I heard a tear like paper being ripped in half and felt an explosion of pain near the bottom pin of my right nail, next to the knee.  I couldn't move the leg an inch without blinding pain and I could see a portrusion bulging from under the skin.  I was haunted by PTSD from when my left leg broke following the initial surgery (when Guichet cracked my femur) and he didn't see me for 4 days while I drifted in and out of delirium.

Like a seasoned pro this time around, I called the ambulance, splinted my leg w a crutch, lowered myself to the floor and crawled to open my door, between shrieks and howls of pain.  It took about 3 hours by which time my boyfriend arrived with icepacks to provide relief.  I nodded off from sheer exertion and woke up to 'frostbite'.  In my hyperventilating panic and confusion, I had accidentally applied icepacks directly onto my skin without any safety sleeves/towels in between.  Hence, I name myself a clear winner of the Ice & Salt challenge, and potentially, a Darwin Awards contender too.

When the paramedics finally arrived, same drill, I begged them to take me to Kings College instead of the closest hospital and by the time I was finally xrayed, almost 12 hours had passed.  I was soooooo lucky to bump into the same kind doctors at Kings who saw the results and quickly reassured me that I didn't have any nail breakage nor bone fracture.  So what was the bulge and the excruciating pain?  I was treated for burns since my leg darkened in colour and giant blisters started bubbling up. 

By the time I was discharged, I hadn't eaten for 30 hours.  A&E starved me deliberately with no food/water in case they needed to perform emergency surgery.  My xrays show trauma where the pain emanated and my docs think it could be soft tissue tear.  I'm due for an ultrasound soon to better understand what really happened.  At least I'm not crazy, delusional or a raging hyperchondriac.

The best news is, I finally got a sneak peek of my right leg (bone grafted) non-union area and it looks like NHS has set a record for successfully bridging an impossible 10cm gaping hole.  I posted the progress on https://www.instagram.com/unicorn_gets_taller/ 

I went in to get another xray yesterday and half the femur is now almost consolidated bone.  The inner side where the graft didn't reach still has nothing, proving that Guichet's lengthening speed, runaway nail and 'marrow' injection are precarious, negligent and an epic f**kup.  The NHS docs told me that usually, if fusion happens on half the femur when the grafting works, it will eventually wrap around 360 degrees.

So that's it!  I've probably spent the last 60 days going through emotional hell with my family and friends.  I have now seen how true adages like 'no good deed goes unpunished' and 'you're as good as your last ____' are, because when it comes right down to seeking help and receiving it, I realize sadly that most people let me down.

I can't even begin to describe every single disappointment but I guess, that's the harsh reality of being human.  For a while, I dedicated a lot of time and energy helping out every single LLer who contacted me but as of late, all I've seen are people who'd stay in touch only in times of need, and who'd vanish when I'm of no more use.  I went through some rough emotional patches and inevitably reached breaking point.  I have no emotional bandwidth left to deal with more drama.  So I guess, that's a good thing.  I'm learning about boundaries (they don't teach that in Asia).

During my trip to Singapore, I had met up with one of my Guichet CLL classmates and in hindsight, we all concluded that we would have NEVER done this surgery if we weren't mis-sold Guichet's 3-month miraculous recovery promise.  Up to this day, the 3 of us are not fully healed, 2+ years later - that's how bad his misrepresentation is.

I sincerely wish I could open my heart and tell you all that my lawyers and I have discovered of Guichet, and I cannot wait for that day to arrive when truth reigns.  Even as we classmates compare notes, we reel in disbelief at the lack of scruples and blatant greed this charlatan epitomize.  I pray and hope nobody else suffers in his hands as there are safer and easier ways to lengthen your legs today. 

CLL is absolutely nothing you should be ashamed of.  We all have insecurities, and if you desire to improve your height, you reserve EVERY right and respect for your decision.  Do not accept any SHAMING because you have the courage to forge a constructive path to realize your dream.  No coward and hypocrite should be allowed to cast hurtful judgements at you.

I'm blabbering on a Saturday night, but that's the sad reality of my life these days.  Hanging on to wisps of hope from my abyss.  I long to not have this rot in my heart but these years of suffering have somehow tinged my views of everything several shades darker.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:11:47 PM by Unicorn888 »

4cms

« Reply #1062 on: October 13, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »

Hi unicorn

im sorry you had to go through such an experience and lose so much money from one of the so called reputable doctors while paying over $65 000. For that amount all post op complications and post op trainiing should of been covered instead he left you to fix your complications else where. He is a downright disgrace its also an example that shows going to these overpriced so called reputable doctors does not gaurrantee success. I did warn people back in 2012 -2013 on the old forum about him taking 6,000 dollars from me and returning less than half claiming his preoperative emails were worth that much .....what a scam artist.
I also understand what you said about the people you helped and then the lack of help or support when you needed it.
Im very happy that you have come through this , you must be so happy now.
I wish you the best , dont look back its time to enjoy life to the fullest !

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1063 on: October 13, 2018, 09:37:51 PM »

Hi unicorn

im sorry you had to go through such an experience and lose so much money from one of the so called reputable doctors while paying over $65 000. For that amount all post op complications and post op trainiing should of been covered instead he left you to fix your complications else where. He is a downright disgrace its also an example that shows going to these overpriced so called reputable doctors does not gaurrantee success. I did warn people back in 2012 -2013 on the old forum about him taking 6,000 dollars from me and returning less than half claiming his preoperative emails were worth that much .....what a scam artist.
I also understand what you said about the people you helped and then the lack of help or support when you needed it.
Im very happy that you have come through this , you must be so happy now.
I wish you the best , dont look back its time to enjoy life to the fullest !

Yup, sadly, when comparing notes of our respective experiences, we realized there's a consistent underlying theme with Guichet.  He needs money badly, and would say ANYTHING to milk it.  Most of my classmates NEVER got their £3k deposits back - receiving flimsy excuses from £3k pre-op training (not taken) to applying credit to nail removal with him (of £16-17k overpriced procedure).  All my classmates gave up and chose to move on with their lives, and did not return to him for nail removal or in one instance, nail breakage.  Best of all, we received 'overdue invoices' at random intervals, scathing emails about our 'unpaid' debts and proclamations of his professionalism and ethics.  So at least he's consistent on this front.

We found out Guichet guilted his physio/PA/promoter/carer-in-one for causing him to miss his flight to Milan and insisted on docking the overworked PT's pay for the missed airplane fare.  The PT later discovered that Guichet's credit card statement showed that he had ordered a drink on the flight he allegedly missed (!).

We did all have a good laugh at how Guichet successfully fooled a lawyer, 3 bankers, a doctor, a hedgefunder etc, but deep down, we know this doctor preys on desperation and will scalp his patients ruthlessly for every last cent they have.  We shudder now at how insidious our experiences were and understandably, most of us just want to erase the entire chapter.

Princess Grace Hospital, which is a part of HCA International (the largest hospital group in the world) and considered the 'Four Seasons' of hospitals in London also gave us false security and blind trust.  We really believed we were paying premium to avoid back alley practices and relied on their sterling reputation for their discerning selection of doctors.  We couldn't get further from the truth.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:17:09 PM by Unicorn888 »

cool

« Reply #1064 on: October 14, 2018, 02:48:08 AM »

How can such a doctor perform surgeries in the UK and Italy? They are one of the best and most regulated health care countries. How on Earth do they allow him to?
8)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1065 on: October 14, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »

How can such a doctor perform surgeries in the UK and Italy? They are one of the best and most regulated health care countries. How on Earth do they allow him to?

Good question and I have spent all my time uncovering loopholes in the UK private hospital and healthcare system.  Italy, I've no idea.  It sums up to this... Do you know what they call a traveling doctor in the old days?  A quack.

Remember when he cancelled by 3rd surgery in London on 01/02/17 abruptly and then rescheduled it in Milan 65 days later?  He failed compliance at Princess Grace Hospital and couldn't get reinstated on time, that's why.  But that didn't stop him from telling me last minute that I had to take a blood test and since there wasn't anymore time, I had to do it straight at Princess Grace Hospital for a whopping fee of £1,000.  I was so angry because not only was the last minute blood test 'pre-meditated' but it also contained blood group typing.  Even I, Ms Dumb Patient No 584, know that your blood group stays the same even after you've become taller.

As I said, the truth will soon be revealed and xrays don't lie regardless of how many operative reports get doctored (for the lack of a better word).  Even impromptu xrays showing healthy bone consolidation that magically gets added to my medical records, to the amusement of my NHS surgeon, features glimpses of a testicle.  Xrays don't lie, humans do.

I was even puzzled at one time poring through my medical records of pictures that I could not remember taking, nor the room I was in or even the watch I was wearing.  I chided myself for how forgetful I had become.  However, again, my NHS surgeon only needed to go to Properties and see that the picture of this asian girl was taken in 2012, 4 years before I actually subjected myself to the time-traveling hands of Guichet.

So here you go, some fun but very telling snippets of what I'm dealing with.  I sound extremely bitter, I know and I admit that I am.  I feel withered to the bone and empty as a husk.  For every single stone unturned, like Guichet telling new patients he's never treated Unicorn... I tumble further into my abyss.  How could I let something like this happen?  Better yet, how did ALL my smart and successful classmates let this happen?  The more we share our stories, the more we reel in disbelief at the enormity of what he's gotten away with all this time in 3 countries.  However, the seams are unraveling faster than I can write.

Plausible reasons for wronged patients going silent are shaming and trauma.  Nobody wants to deal with more crap when they can barely cope with their disrupted lives.  Most patients resort to survival mode which includes erasing this entire chapter from memory, cutting their losses and moving forward with their lives.  If you want a visual description, it's akeen to being lost at sea with no land in sight.  We're barely keeping our heads above water and do not know what other dangers lurk around the corner, or where we are in this endless journey through hell. We do not know which direction to expend the energy we no longer have to save our souls.  In one word, we're lost.

I am trying to do so as well but I strongly believe it is also my duty to warn, because I am foolhardy.  It is the right thing to do.  Private hospitals literally get away with murder because they're set up differently from the NHS system, and their doctors are not held as accountable as NHS docs do.  So abundant loopholes exist if one starts sniffing and we're looking at one mountain of a manure here.  We cannot even establish after 12 months of investigations, if this doctor has medical indemnity insurance in the UK.  Essential baby steps, let's not even get started with the infamous G-nail and all sorts of compliance and conflicts of interests.

I'm glad I chose to be unicorn, because I can stab idiots with my head!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:24:39 AM by Unicorn888 »

cool

« Reply #1066 on: October 14, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »

That is very disturbing to read.

I am glad your condition is improving. And thank you for keeping other patients informed about this doctor. Are you going to pursue any formal complaint against him? It's still a question why he stopped operating in Marsaille.

How do you suggest a patient to narrow down on a doctor? Guichet had a very impeccable record until you and was even nice to talk to (so they all say). He even went to this patient (leechlet) house and helped him while lengthening and even took him out for dinner etc.

How is Guichet's reputation among other doctors? Does he educate other doctors? Is he part of LL communities in UK or Italy?
8)

cool

« Reply #1067 on: October 14, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »

Remember when he cancelled by 3rd surgery in London abruptly and then rescheduled it in Milan 45 days later?  He failed compliance at Princess Grace Hospital, that's why.

Why is he still on the hospital's website then? http://www.theprincessgracehospital.com/our-specialists/specialist/guijea/mr-jean-marc-guichet/
8)

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1068 on: October 14, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »

Why is he still on the hospital's website then? http://www.theprincessgracehospital.com/our-specialists/specialist/guijea/mr-jean-marc-guichet/

Because after about 6 months being banned, he got reinstated.  It is not my business anymore where he operates or not.  The cogs are turning and justice will prevail.  Sinister acts and behaviour cannot be easily erased because paper trail exists and xrays don't lie.

If I should expire, I have willed for all my records to be released so the ugly truth is revealed with no more harmful consequences to myself. 

If you wonder about how malpractice and negligence can go unchecked in the UK, just read one case below :
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-13/ian-paterson-tonight-the-butcher-surgeon-a-scandal-uncovered/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:32:45 PM by Unicorn888 »

Unicorn888 by Elaine Foo

« Reply #1069 on: October 14, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »

That is very disturbing to read.

I am glad your condition is improving. And thank you for keeping other patients informed about this doctor. Are you going to pursue any formal complaint against him? It's still a question why he stopped operating in Marsaille.

How do you suggest a patient to narrow down on a doctor? Guichet had a very impeccable record until you and was even nice to talk to (so they all say). He even went to this patient (leechlet) house and helped him while lengthening and even took him out for dinner etc.

How is Guichet's reputation among other doctors? Does he educate other doctors? Is he part of LL communities in UK or Italy?

Just a small suggestion.  A doctor's competence is not based on how nice he is to talk to or look at, dinner invitations or house visits.  Do proper due diligence if you care about your legs and life.

cool

« Reply #1070 on: October 14, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »

Just a small suggestion.  A doctor's competence is not based on how nice he is to talk to or look at, dinner invitations or house visits.  Do proper due diligence if you care about your legs and life.

Of course ;) That's why I was asking How is Guichet's reputation among other doctors? Does he educate other doctors? Is he part of LL communities in UK or Italy?

Is that due diligence? Do you recommend any other kind of research? It is impossible to meet real patients of CLL in most cases because it is a private procedure.
8)

Shadow91

« Reply #1071 on: October 14, 2018, 11:18:50 PM »

You are a f*cking hero Unicorn!!! You have no idea how happy i am about the good news about your recovery. And i sincerely hope that Guichet gets what he deserves...that piece of sh*t.

YellowSpike

« Reply #1072 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »

Unicorn, the more I read your story, the more I feel bad about going with Dr. G (even though my result was very different from yours). I’m so sorry you have had to endure this hell. I remember thinking he was kinda arrogant and scatterbrained. And I found it odd that he operated in several different countries. But had no idea what was really going on.

So glad to hear that it seems the bone graft is taking!!

tlannister

« Reply #1073 on: October 15, 2018, 01:23:02 PM »

Unicorn, the more I read your story, the more I feel bad about going with Dr. G (even though my result was very different from yours). I’m so sorry you have had to endure this hell. I remember thinking he was kinda arrogant and scatterbrained. And I found it odd that he operated in several different countries. But had no idea what was really going on.

So glad to hear that it seems the bone graft is taking!!
its interesting to see you finally lay into Guichet and how it incidently is after nail removal?
Did you fear Guichet maybe was the only one able to remove the nail since its propretiary technology and therefore more cautious criticizing him?

notatroll

« Reply #1074 on: October 15, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »

I'm also glad to hear the bone graft is working. Keep fighting. You're a strong girl!

So here you go, some fun but very telling snippets of what I'm dealing with.  I sound extremely bitter, I know and I admit that I am.  I feel withered to the bone and empty as a husk.  For every single stone unturned, like Guichet telling new patients he's never treated Unicorn... I tumble further into my abyss.  How could I let something like this happen?  Better yet, how did ALL my smart and successful classmates let this happen?  The more we share our stories, the more we reel in disbelief at the enormity of what he's gotten away with all this time in 3 countries.  However, the seams are unraveling faster than I can write.

Plausible reasons for wronged patients going silent are shaming and trauma.  Nobody wants to deal with more crap when they can barely cope with their disrupted lives.  Most patients resort to survival mode which includes erasing this entire chapter from memory, cutting their losses and moving forward with their lives.  If you want a visual description, it's akeen to being lost at sea with no land in sight.  We're barely keeping our heads above water and do not know what other dangers lurk around the corner, or where we are in this endless journey through hell. We do not know which direction to expend the energy we no longer have to save our souls.  In one word, we're lost.

I am trying to do so as well but I strongly believe it is also my duty to warn, because I am foolhardy.  It is the right thing to do.  Private hospitals literally get away with murder because they're set up differently from the NHS system, and their doctors are not held as accountable as NHS docs do.  So abundant loopholes exist if one starts sniffing and we're looking at one mountain of a manure here.  We cannot even establish after 12 months of investigations, if this doctor has medical indemnity insurance in the UK.  Essential baby steps, let's not even get started with the infamous G-nail and all sorts of compliance and conflicts of interests.

I'm glad I chose to be unicorn, because I can stab idiots with my head!

Guichet never treated Unicorn. What the fk? Swp under the rug, smearing campaign! Monegal is doing the same with me. He says I'm not a patient but a troll. I have proved to mods I'm a patient and I'm telling the truth. He did similar crap to Cooper, Musicmaker, Helloworld… He denied they had problems, he blamed the patients He badmouthed them even if Musicmaker and Helloworld defended him in the forum. He's a quack and trust me. What you've found about Guichet is nothing compared with the crap I've found about Monegal. I can't disclose the truth yet but trust me. It's so SCARY and DISGUSTING! I hope everything will be public some day.

For me it's also difficult to understand how SMART people like US become the prey of these psycopaths. Chez Monegal we were Harvard trainees, reputable surgeons, eminent professors, succesful entrepreneurs… all fooled and cheated on by this clown. Unbelievable until you see with your own eyes.

Unicorn, this not-a-troll (I'm not a troll) will help you to expose Guichet as the psycopath he is. Dr Guichet, Monegal and Betz should lose their licenses. Together we can.

cool

« Reply #1075 on: October 15, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »

I have proved to mods I'm a patient and I'm telling the truth.

They have not acknowledged this so it is just your word which we can't believe. Have the mods acknowledged publicly that you are a patient?
8)

notatroll

« Reply #1076 on: October 15, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »

They have not acknowledged this so it is just your word which we can't believe. Have the mods acknowledged publicly that you are a patient?

In May mods banned me because some users (Cinderella and PatientPrivacy)¨convinced them I was a troll. Then they lifted the ban to allow me clarify my claims. After sending my proofs to some of them and to the admin himself, they decided not to ban me anymore. They said I should be given the benefit of doubt, the same as patients coerced into posting positive reviews.

YellowSpike

« Reply #1077 on: October 15, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »

its interesting to see you finally lay into Guichet and how it incidently is after nail removal?
Did you fear Guichet maybe was the only one able to remove the nail since its propretiary technology and therefore more cautious criticizing him?

Hahaha. Not at all. I’ve said several times that Guichet came across as arrogant and disorganized long before I had my rods removed. Read my old posts. Guichet was actually pretty decent to me - I got all my deposits back and he even helped me get a refund on the pre-op training costs from my insurance. My experience was actually overall positive. But as I’ve said, my heart goes out to Unicorn and there’s no excuse for his behavior.

YellowSpike

« Reply #1078 on: October 15, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »

Also, Dr. R took my rods out. I wasn’t going back to Guichet and pay his crazy removal price when I could have insurance cover it at home with Dr. R lol

togetheragainstguichet

• Visitor
« Reply #1079 on: January 15, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »

Please, if someone has had some bad experience with Dr. Guichet regarding the limb lengthening, do not hesitate to contact me, we have a lawsuit against him and his companies, but we need as much information as possible about how the surgery payments were made, how much he charge you for the surgery to which accounts he ask you to deposit money, also if you have any complications before, during or after the surgery. On what Hospital he hospital he made the procedure and the names of the people who work for him.

Do not worry if you sign any confidentiality agreement with him, all the information that you provide me will confidential at the beginning then presented in the court of London and Milan my lawyers will protect you and if the judges believe is necessary they can cancel any agreement of confidentiality that you have signed with Dr. Guichet. I ask you to not be afraid and send me the information by inbox. I will respond all of your questions and I hope to help you in case you had any complications with Dr. Guichet

Please Unicorn. Contact me.

Together we can.
Modify message

myloginacc

« Reply #1080 on: January 20, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

How have you been doing, Unicorn?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #1081 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:47 PM »

I was thinking about Guichet before reading this diary.

A doctor has told me that nonunion is entirely doctor's fault. He has seem people with very poor health, smokers, old people and bone regenerates.
Go for it

simons

« Reply #1082 on: February 11, 2019, 03:00:44 PM »

Dear Unicorn,

I feel sorry for your situation even if - to be honest - something doesn't match (to my eyes).

Being a Dr Guichet patient (2011 and again in 2018/9) I meet other patients every single day at the gym. They are all happy and smiling. The only issues I saw with them is a fast bone fusion (issue about "clicking" but a VERY good thing for recovery). I really can't see your story - that I'm sure is 100% true - matching with my past and present experience.

I encourage you and whoever wants to visit Milan and look with your eyes what's going on here. Some people from this board already did! :)

Jamee12

• Visitor
« Reply #1083 on: February 14, 2019, 04:48:00 AM »

Hi everyone...  I am so happy to share with you my Leg Lengthening story. 
I completed my surgery in 2008/2009 April with Dr. Guichet.  It's funny now to think about it because a fellow name Rock who I became friends with later used Dr. Betz and I decided to go with Dr. Guichet.  Another guy I met from the UK also went with Guichet he is very private guy so I would never suggest his name publicly.

Being short for me was terrible, I told everyone I was 5.7 but really, I was more like 5.5 almost 5.6.  When I was taking the train to see Dr. Guichet I had a wonderful conversation with 70-year French woman keep in mind I was only 32 at the time.  After the conversation I stood up and she said, "my gosh your short!"
 Little did she know I was on my way to see Guichet to book an appointment to get taller.  lol...

Anyhow, I just wanted to say the surgery hurts like hell I used the time to blog on old forum.  This procedure truly changed my life I have a wonderful wife kids and clothes fit me now.  Almost 5 10... and I perfectly fit into a 32 pant. yeah!!! no hemming required!!! 

If you have any questions, please ask me.  I found both doctors Betz and Guichet amazing, I went with Guichet because I prefer to be in France.  Later, I learned the different ways the nails go in - and who invented the nail which was original Guichet so I guess I would say I was more of fan.  There was a bit of war going on between Betz patients and Guichet patients on line but in the end,  we were all just in pain.  high on Tramadol and venting about our issues.  At the end of 3 months my days of being shorter were over.  Dr. Guichet used to tell me the pain was only in my mind...:)  I would love to be his bed side nurse while I ratcheted his legs... lol...

But he really cared about me, and the guy from the UK.  One night we went out and ate raw oysters and got sick - I though since he was a doctor, I would call him.  Really, I was sick, he came over brought electrolyte drink and gave me a prescription for either worms or antibiotics I can't remember what the issue was, but he was there to help me.   I have never really told anyone that before, but I just wanted to say this....

There is only a handful of doctors that are willing to try and make your dreams come true making you taller.  This is a very risky procedure, but so is laser eye surgery.  If we attack Betz/Guichet/ Nasser in Egypt these guys quite doing the surgery for us... Then what left for us?  lift shoes?  We have to support one another and the doctors that help us I had great results. 

My advice is STRETCH and STRETCH some more.  99% of my pain was lack of flexibility.  I did the blood work, Cybex, psychological evaluation and strength training.  But I didn't stretch enough, the guy from UK could do the splits and had very little issues. 

Jamee.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #1084 on: February 14, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »

This is a very risky procedure, but so is laser eye surgery.  If we attack Betz/Guichet/ Nasser in Egypt these guys quite doing the surgery for us... Then what left for us?  lift shoes?  We have to support one another and the doctors that help us I had great results.

No we don't have to support the doctors if the doctors act like incapable, immoral swines like Guichet did in this case: using a nail too big in diameter, using a nail that lenghtens unintentionally and is irreversible, leading to a 10 cm bone gap (which lead to YEARS of being crippled), and on top of that, lying and claiming that "he advised her not to lengthen 10 cm but she did anyway" when in fact that lengthening was all by accident. There is no excuse in the world for these hideous mistakes and lies.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44   Go Up