Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Longterm Side Effects of LL  (Read 9085 times)

axelf

Longterm Side Effects of LL
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:49:14 AM »

Hey,

this is particuliarly adressed to those who've already done LL. Reading some of the diaries there seem to be longterm effects of this surgery and the medication that one does not immediately think of. Such as:

- reduced libido
- complete loss of sexual function
- insomnia
- hair loss
- reduced athletic abilities of course
- others

The sex related effects are in bold letters. A lot of "us" also want to do this to become sexually more attractive (call it self-confidence, respect from others or whatever you want). But what's the point if after it you don't have sex drive anymore?

What kind of effects did you experience? And did they disappear after a while again?

ub40

Re: Longterm Side Effects of LL
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:47:25 PM »

wtf, who said you lose your sexual appetite, why would the two even be related. Maybe people get used to the sedentary life while healing but so long as you're physically active there's no reason why your testosterone would decrease
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Christopherbulder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »

reduce you penis
yes after my lingthening  femur 7 cm  my penis reduce 7 cm is the price for long leg

axelf

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:41:32 PM »

wtf

some people report that they have decreased libido or sexual function. so no need to be sarcastic  ;)

CCMidwest

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »

reduce you penis
yes after my lingthening  femur 7 cm  my penis reduce 7 cm is the price for long leg

So these guys that did 20cm...
5'7.5

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

When you can't walk sex is the last thing you think about. If you think about sex or lack of sexual function, everything else went fine in your LL
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »

during linghtening  can be then there is no difference with before
I m trainer and physio of patient of doctor Guichet 2004 TU 2005

DoingItForMe

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 01:16:20 AM »

You're probably referring to my diary. I never said that it was long-term. I just know that after the surgery, the medicine and the shock of surgery lowers your libido. After all that is over, the loss of flexibility, pain, and lowered stamina is what lowered my libido. The lack of exercise while being in a wheelchair drops your libido, too. There's some getting use to with the new body and new angles. A part of it might be psychological, because I feel like an awkward teen trying to learn how to have sex all over again. And it gets embarrassing when you get soft because some pain in your legs flare up because I still have minor aches/pains in my legs still. But I'm sure that over time it will return back to normal once you get used to it.

Reduced athletic abilities is probably the only thing on your list I'd say is long-term. Yea, I don't think I'll ever be as good as I used to be at sports. But that's also something I would have had to deal with for being older anyway.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

axelf

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 04:46:28 PM »

okay,

well it sounded a little bit more pessimistic in your diary. but there are also other patients reporting about that (some not in public). So it'd be interesting if that's a longterm phenomenon or not.

ShortandStubborn

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 06:59:50 PM »

You're probably referring to my diary. I never said that it was long-term. I just know that after the surgery, the medicine and the shock of surgery lowers your libido. After all that is over, the loss of flexibility, pain, and lowered stamina is what lowered my libido. The lack of exercise while being in a wheelchair drops your libido, too. There's some getting use to with the new body and new angles. A part of it might be psychological, because I feel like an awkward teen trying to learn how to have sex all over again. And it gets embarrassing when you get soft because some pain in your legs flare up because I still have minor aches/pains in my legs still. But I'm sure that over time it will return back to normal once you get used to it.

How long, generally, would ya say lack of sexual drive lasts? Say, during the lengthening phase, consolidation or even later?
This original post's scary.

alps

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 07:21:40 PM »

from what I understand, those sides are either due to psychological reasons (induced from trauma, reduced mobility, guilt, whatever else), actual physical trauma on the body (like after a terribly long day of hiking) and pain-killers. The last one is probably the most strong cause. But from what I've read, opioid (in the form of pain-killers) induced sexual dysfunction is temporary.
Also, given this, it might be wise to be abstain from pain killers unless absolutely necessary.

In short, LL doesn't seem any different from any traumatic surgery as far as such sides go.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:18 AM »

How long, generally, would ya say lack of sexual drive lasts? Say, during the lengthening phase, consolidation or even later?
This original post's scary.
Pain killers definitely killed my sex drive. So during lengthening, I wouldn't count on having a good sex drive at all. Having level 8-10 pain in your legs doesn't help either. This is month 0-3. Even masturbating is hard at this point.

During consolidation (month 4-6), your life is consumed by recovery and learning how to cope at home without working legs. This kind of kills your sex drive, too. But since you've stopped taking meds, it's much better. It's just too painful to be having sex, because your legs still hurt due to the lack of flexibility. Masturbation is fine, because you just sit there and your legs don't have to flex.

After consolidation, your sex drive is back, and you can masturbating several times a day if you want. But sex is not the same. For example, prior to LL, I used to never get soft during sex and before cumming. Now, I tend to get soft after a while - like past 15 minutes. I've been studying this for a while, and it appears to be physical. The angle that I'm hitting the girl's vagina is different now. With a longer femur, I'm about an inch or two higher than I was before. Because the angle is different, the vagina is not rubbing my penis in the right way. Without the necessary friction, it makes sex harder. This means that you have to relearn how to angle the girl to get a good friction going. This is even harder when you have a condom on that desensitizes things. And if she's not giving you the right angles, then you get soft. And once you get soft, you get performance anxiety and that just makes it worse. So a physical sex drive killer becomes a psychological sx drive killer. Both of these can be fixed.

My best recommendation: 1) Put pillows under the girl to make up for your longer femurs. 2) If you're hitting it from behind, get her to put her ass up and arch her back. After I figured that out, my sex drive returned. You just have to have a sex partner willing to listen to your commands, because you're going to have to adjust her to fit your new angles, since you physically can't get to those angles without her help. A part of me thinks that short guys have better sex.
Link to my experience

Samuimw

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 06:29:28 AM »

Some people develop some of those conditions even if they haven't done LL , but those people "happen" to have done LL maybe if they didn't they would have those condition anyway?

Knik

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 07:44:11 AM »

hair loss ?
I don't think it's because LL, it's genetic !
Looking for Pili

ShortandStubborn

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »

Pain killers definitely killed my sex drive. So during lengthening, I wouldn't count on having a good sex drive at all. Having level 8-10 pain in your legs doesn't help either. This is month 0-3. Even masturbating is hard at this point.

During consolidation (month 4-6), your life is consumed by recovery and learning how to cope at home without working legs. This kind of kills your sex drive, too. But since you've stopped taking meds, it's much better. It's just too painful to be having sex, because your legs still hurt due to the lack of flexibility. Masturbation is fine, because you just sit there and your legs don't have to flex.

After consolidation, your sex drive is back, and you can masturbating several times a day if you want. But sex is not the same. For example, prior to LL, I used to never get soft during sex and before cumming. Now, I tend to get soft after a while - like past 15 minutes. I've been studying this for a while, and it appears to be physical. The angle that I'm hitting the girl's vagina is different now. With a longer femur, I'm about an inch or two higher than I was before. Because the angle is different, the vagina is not rubbing my penis in the right way. Without the necessary friction, it makes sex harder. This means that you have to relearn how to angle the girl to get a good friction going. This is even harder when you have a condom on that desensitizes things. And if she's not giving you the right angles, then you get soft. And once you get soft, you get performance anxiety and that just makes it worse. So a physical sex drive killer becomes a psychological sx drive killer. Both of these can be fixed.

My best recommendation: 1) Put pillows under the girl to make up for your longer femurs. 2) If you're hitting it from behind, get her to put her ass up and arch her back. After I figured that out, my sex drive returned. You just have to have a sex partner willing to listen to your commands, because you're going to have to adjust her to fit your new angles, since you physically can't get to those angles without her help. A part of me thinks that short guys have better sex.

Well, the first 3 Months you talk of, they have nothing specifically to do with LL. Even I, at times, haven't had erection for quite a few days when under stress. About the second phase, would you say positions like cowgirl and reserve cowgirl would be doable?
About post-consolidation phase, now that's interesting. You speak of going soft, let me share this recent experience of mine; So, I've a very high sexual drive, have had sex upto 5 times a day with a former girlfriend of 3 years, can do 3-4 almost any given day. But after breaking up with her, I'm avoiding relationships altogether hence shorter sexual encounters. Now the interesting thing is, I only started using condom after I broke up with my ex-girlfriend and the first few months, I wouldn't get an erection with a condom but just recently, I seem be doing fine with erection, but the problem is, I'd go soft after 15-20 minutes, something that never happened when I'd have sex without condom with my ex. So that got me wondering if going soft is purely physical.

axelf

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:43 PM »

Anymore insights about the hair loss thing?

CCMidwest

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 07:44:35 PM »

I second or third or whatever the whole "can't stay hard with a condom" thing. Like no erection at all, immediately soft.

It's actually lead to quite a few STD tests, lol.

Children are the only STD I ever got though.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »

My wife is 1.5" taller than me, at her 5'9, and she's all legs. I actually have to put pillows under MY knees to hit it properly from the back, otherwise it is awkwardly angled lol.

Tall chicks are harder to have sex with, no lie.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »

It's funny cause it's one of the reasons I maight do femurs... Being 2 inches taller but still hitting from a lower angle due to short femurs compare to height could be kinda awkward hihihi
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »

It's funny cause it's one of the reasons I maight do femurs... Being 2 inches taller but still hitting from a lower angle due to short femurs compare to height could be kinda awkward hihihi

Well, longer femurs would line you up good for the tall chicks!

Love my wife, but I prefer short chicks for sure.

Tibias would put that increased height behind you when on your knees. Should avoid the issues that difm describes that way.

Standing sex with tall girls sucks at my height too.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

He is actually the first to report a nuissence proportionally speaking.  And he did 8cm which means that proportionally it is 8cm+6.4cm (tibias and respecting the femurs tibia ratio)+1-2cm torso. If he were proportional for his height, he should have been 181-182 now.
  So this is why it is strange for him

CCMidwest

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »

He is actually the first to report a nuissence proportionally speaking.  And he did 8cm which means that proportionally it is 8cm+6.4cm (tibias and respecting the femurs tibia ratio)+1-2cm torso. If he were proportional for his height, he should have been 181-182 now.
  So this is why it is strange for him

It's one of those things you don't really think about pre LL.

I imagine things like the toilet bowl being further away while peeing, the car pedals being closer, etc.

But the mechanics of sex never really occured to me
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »

Ive been with 155cm girls and 173cm girls. Of course with each height it's different... But it just means that now he fks like a 5'11-6'. I guess it just needs time to get used to... That's all

CCMidwest

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »

Ive been with 155cm girls and 173cm girls. Of course with each height it's different... But it just means that now he fks like a 5'11-6'. I guess it just needs time to get used to... That's all

You hear that difm? You just need more practice!

So get after it man! Lol
5'7.5

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »

Short girls are more manageable in bed. I don't like tall girls They look manly to me.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

aspirant185

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »

Short girls are more manageable in bed. I don't like tall girls They look manly to me.

Well I guess tall girls look down at us as feminine :D
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »

You hear that difm? You just need more practice!

So get after it man! Lol
Alright, here's an update on this situation. More practice is definitely what was needed. The mistakes I made before was that I tried doing the same angles and positions that I was used to, but the mechanics of sex are slightly different now. So the difference between pre-LL and post-LL (for femurs) are like this:
1) Doggy style is much easier now. Now that my femurs are much longer than the girl's, I can enter from a higher angle and hit the G spot easier. This was not possible when I had shorter femurs.
2) I can't fold my legs during missionary position anymore unless the girl is on a ramp or pillows. So with longer femurs and less flexibility, it's harder for me to fold and split my legs to get to a low angle. Before LL, I was able to do it. Now the girl has to be on a ramp for me to do it. And if we don't use props, then I have to straighten my legs to get low enough.
3) For a while, I couldn't do the pronebone position. Pronebone was the position I had to do when I had shorter femurs, because my femurs weren't long enough to do doggy style effectively. Now the opposite happened and pronebone is harder to do because my femurs are longer and I can't get in a lower angle even if I straightened my legs. That's because the pronebone position required you to bend your legs further back than just 180 degrees. Now that my flexibility has improved, I'm able to do pronebone again without getting soft from the pain from being overstretched.

After relearning how to have great sex again, sex is great again. I'm able to avoid putting my legs in weird positions, and therefore avoid feeling pain in my legs during sex. Without the awkwardness and pain, I don't get soft again, and my sex drive is back to what it was before LL.
Link to my experience

CCMidwest

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »

For some reason that reminds me of when I lost my virginity...

Anyway,

Good job difm!
5'7.5

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 06:36:48 PM »

Anymore insights about the hair loss thing?

I've heard there is a correlation between hair loss and anesthesia.
I went under a few years ago and noticed my hair looked rather thin afterwards, but eventually it seemed to fill back in (maybe it was all in my head).
Pages: [1]   Go Up