Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: I did not regret NOT doing Cosmetic Limb Lengthening  (Read 9530 times)

sadboy

This is going to be a very important, long message for all the people who want to do LL and are not 100% sure whether they should proceed. I have been a member for more than 3 years on this forum and I was away from this site for almost a year. Long story short, I cancelled my surgery which was scheduled early July 2015 with Dr. Paley.

I am here again, on this site, still depressed about my height... HOWEVER... As mentioned on the title, I did not regret my choice of backing out the last minute and not doing LL. I believe that if I did the surgery I would be more sad and in a much worse situation... Here are various reasons why I believe so, and please, if you are the type of person who thinks like me and cares a lot about their body or athletic skills, take into consideration what I will mention below because LL might not be for you.

>>>The cons (disadvantages) I would personally face if I did LL:
1) Complications! A very logical reason and LL's complications are something you should take seriously since you never know what to expect and each body is different. Just because Dr. Paley was going to be my surgeon, nobody guarantees to me that my LL will succeed. Obviously, the less developed a country is, the more likely LL will be risky.
2) Being crippled for a LONG time. You need a lot of patience, and you have to endure a lot of PAIN for years. You might have pain for the rest of your life because at the end of the day, they are literally cutting your bones in half.
3) You need to be psychologically prepared for this and you definitely need support, or else the whole journey is ten times harder than you expect.
4) Very expensive (probably the most expensive and dangerous cosmetic procedure).
5) Time consuming. You waste too much time from your life, away from home, work, friends, spouse etc... Depending on where you go.
6) Dis-proportionality on your legs and your body as a whole. I hate to admit this, but a disproportional body is not the most attractive thing you would like to see on someone and it can look really ugly...
7) Your body weakens and loses its fitness. Your legs/ass become thinner/flatter and if you care a lot about your body this can be extremely frustrating. Gaining something (height) and losing something else. You could work out but there is a chance to lose motivation and it takes great skill.
8 ) Regret. Realize that the whole thing wasn't worth it in the first place and you are trying to convince yourself that you are happy when in fact you are still not. I spoke to some people who admitted this to me.
9) There is a chance you could still not be satisfied with your height. A second surgery might be needed... Double the costs, double all the above I mentioned, and of course, become even more disproportional.
10) Judgement from people. This surgery is not approved by many people and it is very controversial. You will be criticized.
11) Having kids. Your kids will definitely not have the height you have after your surgery and if you are not planning on telling your wife (or husband) the truth, then that's not a very trustworthy relationship is it?
12) Pain, as mentioned in number (2). Taking painkillers all day isn't the most healthy thing.
13) Your body will never be as it was before surgery. You will never be able to run as you could before LL for example.

>>>The pros (advantages) I would face from LL:
1) Gain height. Maximum 7-8cm if my body even accepts the outcome. Guess what! I still wouldn't be satisfied with my height and I would still be considered short so in other words, this isn't even an advantage for me (and for some others).
2) Your height dysphoria MIGHT be cured.

<END>

Please take into consideration my advice. I do not want to scare anybody or prevent someone from doing LL if they wish to do so. I just want to make sure you guys think if this surgery is even worth it at the end of the day. I know how it feels to have height dysphoria, trust me... I know how you guys feel, it can be an exasperating experience.

Thank you so much for reading, and you guys can ask me anything, I will gladly help if I can.

goldenegg

Re: IMPORTANT: I did not regret NOT doing Cosmetic Limb Lengthening
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:37 AM »

hi sadboy, I'm glad you have no regrets with your decision and I hope you're able to get over your height neurosis.  I think your pro's and con's list accurately portrays the huge sacrifice you make if you decide to do LL, but your 2 pro points and it's implications for my life (self confidence, facing less height discrimination, being more social) were enough for me and outweigh all of the con's combined.  But that's just my personal situation, which is different for others.

I have a lot of respect for folks who are able to accept their heights and live great lives. I also think it takes courage for people who do decide to LL to change the hand they where given in life and want to improve their lives.  I knew I was never going to be the former (accepting my height) and it was something that was going to bother me for the rest of my life.  What I didn't want is ending up somewhere in between- not happy with my height, but not willing to do LL and regretting never doing it at the same time.  I sincerely hope you will able to completely forget about LL and the forums and live your life.   

sadboy

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »

hi sadboy, I'm glad you have no regrets with your decision and I hope you're able to get over your height neurosis.  I think your pro's and con's list accurately portrays the huge sacrifice you make if you decide to do LL, but your 2 pro points and it's implications for my life (self confidence, facing less height discrimination, being more social) were enough for me and outweigh all of the con's combined.  But that's just my personal situation, which is different for others.

I have a lot of respect for folks who are able to accept their heights and live great lives. I also think it takes courage for people who do decide to LL to change the hand they where given in life and want to improve their lives.  I knew I was never going to be the former (accepting my height) and it was something that was going to bother me for the rest of my life.  What I didn't want is ending up somewhere in between- not happy with my height, but not willing to do LL and regretting never doing it at the same time.  I sincerely hope you will able to completely forget about LL and the forums and live your life.

Thank you for reading! Well there could even be an additional con that you might need extra corrective surgeries which can increase costs. Other than that, the cons on my list outweigh the pros (which I do not even consider pros to begin with) so I used my logic and ignored my feelings/emotions and decided whether LL is even worth it for me; which obviously is not...
Other than that, did you do your surgery and are you willing to go through all that? How tall are you?

aspirant185

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »

Sadboy, thank you for the nice post.

Your post made me realize that I will only do 5 cm through one surgery and not 9 cm as initially planned. There is so much more to life than height.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

sadboy

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »

Your post made me realize that I will only do 5 cm through one surgery and not 9 cm as initially planned. There is so much more to life than height.

You make sure you do what makes you happy. If you think that 5 cm will actually be worth it and you are not affected that much by the cons, then by all means, go for it! I'm glad I helped, and of course there is more to life than just height but unfortunately height is very important nowadays and personally I would love to have it :(

ub40

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »

It seems like 50% of the posts on this site are about people not wanting to do this surgery or coming to some personal awakening and wanting to share that with others.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative and I congratulate you but seriously this site was supposed to be for people to learn about limb lengthening, and to post about issues or unethical doctors to help others on their journey, or for people planning on doing surgery to ask questions and become knowledgeable.

Most the people that coast here are never going to do LL and just want to drag down others because they're bitter. I mean this is the last real resource now that makemetaller is inactive, but at least that site was filled with tonnes of people sharing info back and forth, (even if the owner was unethical)

None of the things you posted were anything but general common info. There is nothing specific, no new information or revelation.

Just yet another person looking for attention begging for validation for doing nothing
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

goldenegg

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »

Thank you for reading! Well there could even be an additional con that you might need extra corrective surgeries which can increase costs. Other than that, the cons on my list outweigh the pros (which I do not even consider pros to begin with) so I used my logic and ignored my feelings/emotions and decided whether LL is even worth it for me; which obviously is not...
Other than that, did you do your surgery and are you willing to go through all that? How tall are you?

yeah I did LL with guichet last summer. fortunately I haven't needed any additional surgeries and my feelings about LL would probably be different if I did run into major complications, so I do consider myself lucky in this aspect.  this whole process though has been very time consuming though like you pointed out and I completely under estimated how long my recovery would take.  My bones are pretty much healed but I'm here a year later still trying to recover a lot of the muscle strength I lost.  despite all this, I'm confident I will recover eventually and don't regret what I did

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »

You need to justify that you dont have the courage to do it.
There are two kinds of people.
One do their dreams came truth and the others only keep dreaming

Knik

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:51 PM »

You risk regretting it.
Looking for Pili

sadboy

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 09:21:38 PM »

It seems like 50% of the posts on this site are about people not wanting to do this surgery or coming to some personal awakening and wanting to share that with others.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative and I congratulate you but seriously this site was supposed to be for people to learn about limb lengthening, and to post about issues or unethical doctors to help others on their journey, or for people planning on doing surgery to ask questions and become knowledgeable.

Most the people that coast here are never going to do LL and just want to drag down others because they're bitter. I mean this is the last real resource now that makemetaller is inactive, but at least that site was filled with tonnes of people sharing info back and forth, (even if the owner was unethical)

None of the things you posted were anything but general common info. There is nothing specific, no new information or revelation.

Just yet another person looking for attention begging for validation for doing nothing

This site is about Limb Lengthening in general. People should know the truth that not everything will be "perfect" and achievable. This is reality. LL is not worth it for everyone and you should be aware of that.
I am not looking for attention, I am trying to make people aware of the whole situation and I am not jealous if somebody does LL nor do I want to bring someone down... I am trying to help anyone I can because I know that height dysphoria can be extremely tiring and depressing... Also, I am not the only one who is posting the complications around here and let me tell you that many doctors do not mention the cons I mentioned above... Dr. Paley lied to me that my legs and body will remain unchanged... Who is he fooling when I asked his patients and they told me that that is not true...

You need to justify that you dont have the courage to do it.
There are two kinds of people.
One do their dreams came truth and the others only keep dreaming

Courage? Even if I have the "courage" to do it, I'm trying to say here that LL will not be worth it for me... Has nothing to do with what you mentioned. I just used my logic the last minute before surgery and put all my feelings aside, this surgery is not going to improve my life so what's the point of doing it if it will make me even more depressed? I'm trying to warn people to make sure what they want and if they care a lot about their bodies as much as I do...

Alu

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »

Not a condescending comment in nature but, who are these Paley patients you speak off? Don't reveal their identities of course, but what did they say?

sadboy

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 08:16:50 AM »

Not a condescending comment in nature but, who are these Paley patients you speak off? Don't reveal their identities of course, but what did they say?

2 cosmetic patients, a girl from Singapore and a guy from the US.
1 non-cosmetic patient from Cyprus. The guy from Cyprus pretty much told me the whole truth that your body does in fact change since he wasn't doing it for cosmetic reasons. Private message me if you want more information.
The other patients don't care about their bodies. If you want to do LL go ahead, I support anyone who is willing to do it, I don't want to prevent anyone's goals... I am just trying to warn people :)

ub40

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »

This site is about Limb Lengthening in general. People should know the truth that not everything will be "perfect" and achievable. This is reality. LL is not worth it for everyone and you should be aware of that.
I am not looking for attention, I am trying to make people aware of the whole situation and I am not jealous if somebody does LL nor do I want to bring someone down... I am trying to help anyone I can because I know that height dysphoria can be extremely tiring and depressing... Also, I am not the only one who is posting the complications around here and let me tell you that many doctors do not mention the cons I mentioned above... Dr. Paley lied to me that my legs and body will remain unchanged... Who is he fooling when I asked his patients and they told me that that is not true...

Courage? Even if I have the "courage" to do it, I'm trying to say here that LL will not be worth it for me... Has nothing to do with what you mentioned. I just used my logic the last minute before surgery and put all my feelings aside, this surgery is not going to improve my life so what's the point of doing it if it will make me even more depressed? I'm trying to warn people to make sure what they want and if they care a lot about their bodies as much as I do...

Listen I know you think you are helping others out but you're really not. You are not adding anything concrete or specific so that people can better formulate their own opinions. You are just sharing your anxieties and hoping people will give you a pat on the back or confirm your own fears. Most the things you posted are actual non issues. It's one thing when a member like tibike200 goes out and does research on scientific articles and reviews you are just saying things like "I'm afraid it will hurt" or I'm going to lose time and proportions might look bad, these all vary case by case and they are your own personal reasons and have nothing to do with anyone else.

It's just more negativity from someone that can't do LL and wants to bash it so he can stop dreaming about it.

Plain and simple, good luck in your life but your insecurities are your own and your reasons are crap for the most part, you have shared no "truth" because all this info is already out there, they are the possible symptoms and risks what is your reason for trying to sway others if not for the fact that you are bitter

Cheez

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »

@Sadboy:
I think, if you don't want to do this, all power to you. Then don't do it.

I just don't get why you think that other people shouldn't do this if they made an informed choice about the whole thing.
And getting informed is what this site is about.

sadboy

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »

Listen I know you think you are helping others out but you're really not. You are not adding anything concrete or specific so that people can better formulate their own opinions. You are just sharing your anxieties and hoping people will give you a pat on the back or confirm your own fears. Most the things you posted are actual non issues. It's one thing when a member like tibike200 goes out and does research on scientific articles and reviews you are just saying things like "I'm afraid it will hurt" or I'm going to lose time and proportions might look bad, these all vary case by case and they are your own personal reasons and have nothing to do with anyone else.

It's just more negativity from someone that can't do LL and wants to bash it so he can stop dreaming about it.

Plain and simple, good luck in your life but your insecurities are your own and your reasons are crap for the most part, you have shared no "truth" because all this info is already out there, they are the possible symptoms and risks what is your reason for trying to sway others if not for the fact that you are bitter

The reasons can be "crap" to you but not to others. I clearly stated 'PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE ME'. I support anyone who wants to do LL if they don't give a sh!t about proportions or leg size etc... I am saying what I feel about this surgery. Do you want to do LL? If yes, then what I am saying shouldn't affect your decision... If you do it though and regret it (not everyone is satisfied lets not be biased here) don't complain about LL... It was clearly your choice, you knew the consequences.

PS: I can do LL if I want to... I can afford Paley...

@Sadboy:
I think, if you don't want to do this, all power to you. Then don't do it.

I just don't get why you think that other people shouldn't do this if they made an informed choice about the whole thing.
And getting informed is what this site is about.

I did not say to you not to do LL... Do it! If you are not affected by the cons and you are so desperate to change your height then go ahead...

ub40

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 01:47:16 PM »

You stating that doing LL will ruin proportions is completely wrong. If someone already has very long legs and they do a large amount then yes that is a possibility but it's not a given like you shamelessly imply.

Furthermore, of course it's my choice, what is the alternative that you're disputing? You're obviously trying to scare people with your exaggerations.

You stated that you will be hooked on painkillers which is false, you stated that your proportions will be ruined which is also false, you are clearly reaching for hypothetical situations and choosing the outcomes to be negative as if it's a certainty. Maybe it's who you are, and you are a pessimistic person by nature and you're trying to fool yourself by voicing these things to help yourself put this surgery in the past.

But most the things you posted like time, money are all based on personal preferences which vary from person to person. There are also different methods and different doctors that people can pick and choose based on their preference.

I mean I understand your point of view, but the irritating thing is that this forum has been ruined by people that are constantly bashing these procedures because in their personal limited view they decided against it. I mean go, kudos to you, move on with your life why grasp at straws to make others turn away.

As for me, I'm in the process of doing this surgery and I'm halfway there. What I think so far about proportions, pain, money, time etc is that it's worthwhile and I wish I did it sooner.

Edit* You also stated if I have regrets I shouldn't be allowed to voice them which is wrong in my opinion. This site serves its purpose when information both positive and negative is passed around by its members. Not half truths and hypothetical scenarios by people that are planning on doing nothing passing off opinions as facts.

Mivsta101

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 07:29:26 PM »

Dude in all honesty im 19 years old and if they offered me limb lengthening everything free to go from 5'5 to 5'7 it would be pointless. Even if i was older still pointless.  Thats only 2 inches. Barely noticeable bro. Dont waste your time. If your doing LL it should be at least 3 inches or 4,5. It's entirely up to you but you could literally get 2 inches from wearing your everyday shoes. Its almost like your getting a painful surgery just to experience the pain. Think smarter my man. No offence to your decision if you go through with it because i personally feel that if i was taller throughout my life it would have changed everything. i just dont recommend that small a gain in the least bit. You might regret that afterwards.

Penguinn

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »

Eh, complications are to be risked. I agree.
I haven't seen someone absurdly disproportionate doing upto 3 inches of lengthening.
"Almost all" of athletic ability is good enough for most people.
Yeah, one's gotta have time and money. The estimated in-process pain is temporary, permanent height stomps all over it by importance. Unless you keep having complications and pain, that's just unfortunate.

1) Gain height. Maximum 7-8cm if my body even accepts the outcome. Guess what! I still wouldn't be satisfied with my height and I would still be considered short so in other words, this isn't even an advantage for me (and for some others).
Yeah no. 5'4 to 5'7 is a huge gain.

ub40

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

Dude in all honesty im 19 years old and if they offered me limb lengthening everything free to go from 5'5 to 5'7 it would be pointless. Even if i was older still pointless.  Thats only 2 inches. Barely noticeable bro. Dont waste your time. If your doing LL it should be at least 3 inches or 4,5. It's entirely up to you but you could literally get 2 inches from wearing your everyday shoes. Its almost like your getting a painful surgery just to experience the pain. Think smarter my man. No offence to your decision if you go through with it because i personally feel that if i was taller throughout my life it would have changed everything. i just dont recommend that small a gain in the least bit. You might regret that afterwards.

5'5 to 5'7 is huge. Most people here aren't necessarily hoping to be tall, but rather not short. When you're 5'5 you're noticeable short. Even an inch is a huge difference, why do you think people invest in lifts?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 11:46:55 PM »

Many people regret surgery, especially people who went to bad doctors and had complications: Crimsomtide Musicmaker Cooper and other people
Ask them
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »

You need a lot of patience, and you have to endure a lot of PAIN for years.

As opposed to...enduring a lot of mental PAIN for years, possibly for your whole life. Yes, it's true, for many of us - me included - just going out on the street and seeing what other men look like, what other men have been given for free, even though they did nothing to deserve it, makes us feel like inferior, crappy examples of human beings, every day, for years, for decades, the thought of "Hey, I'm human trash" popping into our minds. Seems like a worthy trade-off for some, and I can understand it .
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

gyogeul

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 03:14:59 AM »

Seems like you're soapboxing here. All of your points are things that everyone on this forum who gives a   about their body is concerned with. But you're showing half truths; you're taking the extreme negatives and only showcasing this as the reality. The reality is that you haven't had the surgery, nor know what the complications are like. You're only regurgitating negative testimonies from other people.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine, but I don't understand why you feel the need to dissuade others. The surgery is very dangerous and comes with blatant risks like almost all cosmetic surgeries do. But it will not cripple you or leave you in "pain for years" if you approach it in a smart manner.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »

Re; your point (11) about kids. I disagree. I have five kids. The two boys are 190 & 187.5cms. Two of the girls are slightly short for girls, one is of average height. I am the same height as my wife = 169.5cms. Google, "regression to the mean meaning" - your progeny are NOT doomed to recursive shortening...
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

YellowSpike

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »

I backed out of the surgery three times before I finally had the courage to do it. I was terrified before I actually did it. But I don't regret it one bit. Even with the possibility of maybe needing a bone graft on my left leg (which I might be able to avoid - my left leg doesn't even really have pain anymore) - I don't regret this surgery for one hot minute. Going for a bit over 5'5" to a solid 5'8" has been huge. I went out to a crowded bar Saturday night, and yeah, I still felt short sometimes when I was moving through the dance floor. But women are a lot more receptive. Maybe it's my confidence. Two girls grabbed my ass (which is back to what it was before LL - so you CAN get it back, I did), a bachelorette party asked me to strip for them (I declined) and I got three numbers.

LL takes a long time to not only recover, but to actually get to ENJOY your results. I'm just over 18 months out, and only recently starting to feel like my old self again (and I'm still not entirely out of the woods just yet). Now that I've cured my duckass (for many months now), got my flexibility and leg muscles back...I definitely feel a lot more attractive.

I'd still love another inch or two, but at this point, I might not need it. Have to see how I feel next year after the rods come out. Tibias just take way too long, unfortunately. And I will not be doing anymore on my femurs (so thankful I stopped at 7cm now).

4cms

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »

I did it and I'm loving life! ...... I did 6cms and it was the best thing I ever did.
I had to jump In and tell the truth,  just do it and don't go above 6.5 cms,  which doesn't sound like much but when you get taller,  you ll love it,  it's like a new toy only the toy is you.

Oh and let me tell you,  dating becomes easy if your alright looking plus the extra height.
Can't say it enough,  if you don't do it you don't know what your missing! 
Life's way better
Pages: [1]   Go Up