Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guichet (Femurs/London), or Salameh (Tibia's/Frankfurt?) The 1st consultation...  (Read 2636 times)

paddy10tellys

goodlucktomylegs - you called it exactly right. I met Dr Guichet today, in London. He was professional, very charming, but he was certain he would not operate on my Tibia's, as you predicted... He was prepared to consider 5cm on my Femurs, two to three months intensive physio and then return to normal, *if* I could fufill his pre-operative requirements (30% improvement on Cybex, loads of expensive tests/training before a final decision about surgery !!!!). Heavens above! I practically live down the gym already, so this came as quite a surprise. I also met, "Felipe" his physiotherapy colleague. Both were cool. However, their (prospective) patient must most definitely meet their requirements, rather than vice versa. They are both such nice human beings though. So, I am glad I met them both. I also met one of their returning patient's - a guy who was 163cms when he started but was so tall today. I just could not imagine him as a short guy... Respect!

To be frank, I was very impressed but also very disappointed. I considered myself both fit/flexible & motivated but It seemed like a rebuff. That's OK. I will think & reflect. Also, I don't take no for an answer unless it's my no.

6/6/16 is D-Day for a decision about my tibia's. I will be flying into Frankfurt to see Prof Ghassan Salamen/Dr Schmidt & the Salmehfix device. I will let you know how I get on. I really want tibia's & early mobilisation. Prof S. seems to have a good track record, does tibia's & is not quite so pure as Dr G. I will listen, learn & consider. then I will provide feedback to the forum.

Best rgds to all of you
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:07:23 PM by paddy10tellys »
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

goodlucktomylegs

How was 163cm guy conditions,flexibilty,agility,gate,recovery?

Alu

How was 163cm guy conditions,flexibilty,agility,gate,recovery?

Also how did he look?

paddy10tellys

He just looked like he had always been tall. He did 8cms on his femurs & started at 163 but he must have been in lifts as well because he looked taller than me, JMG & Felipe. no obv sign of a CLL. Walked ok. Said he was ok. He wasn't the sport type. Looked a bit porky to my mind. However, if he got on a diet, hit the gym & dressed sharply he would have looked fine...
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Cloudo

I am sure that when you meet dr salameh and see his salamehfix device you will be convinced to do the external tibial fixator lengthening with him. He is the best when it comes to external tibia lengthening, the only con about his method is that it takes some time, about a year. I am really considering doing my ll surgery with him, the only reason putting me off is that I am not very comfortable with the idea of travelling and staying for months in Germany  ???
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

Bob

@paddy10tellys, Why would Doctor Guichet not operate on your tibias ?

goodlucktomylegs

@paddy10tellys, Why would Doctor Guichet not operate on your tibias ?
I thiught the reason is what he really want to do is something he good in
He quite expert for femur but not tibia then he doesnt want to take risk on his work by indulge his patient

paddy10tellys

Cloudo - where would be travelling from?

paddy10tellys

Bob - JMG says the vasculature is better in the upper leg therefore it is safer & heals quicker, so he kept banging on about risk & safety. Also, Felipe pointed out that two bones get broken.

I would accept more risk & longer healing but he would't budge
Pages: [1]   Go Up