Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur and Tibias at the same time  (Read 5892 times)

aspirant185

Femur and Tibias at the same time
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »

Hey guys,

I was wondering , are there doctors besides Paley who agree to lengthen tibia and femur at the very same time, potentially also with a discount ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

aspirant185

Re: Femur and Tibias at the same time
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »

I was exchanging e-mails with Dr. Mitkovic and he said that 3 weeks after initial surgery it is OK to do 2nd, provided that the patient has been doing really well. He also said that he will be offering internals towards the end of this year and they will cost around 16k euro. So for a total of 25k + 4-5 k for living expenses the whole thing can be done :)

I am considering doing 4.3 cm femurs and 4.2 tibias with him. Probably in a 6 week interval.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:39:36 PM »

This surgury is very risky but can result in postive outcomes by putting in tons of effort, going with a skilled doctor and a little bit of luck. That is for one segment. Seriously don't push your luck doing 2 segments at the same time. Your life might suck right now but it can be a lot worse.

Play it smart. There's a few people here who have done 2 segments with successful outcomes such as theogosis and I believe taller from old forum but they chose to do one segment first, recover,  then second segment.

aspirant185

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 05:13:12 AM »

didnt Iamready do the same / does the same right now ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »

Could I do external LL on femur (5cm) and external LL on tibia (5cm) or does doctor Mitkovic do only internal LL on femur and external on tibia?? cos external is cheaper than internal so If its possible I would do both segments with external LL. Thanks  ;)
Begining height: 175cm
Currently reached: 180cm
Goal height: 183-184cm  (4,5-5 tibia, 4,5-5 femur)
Currently doing LL with Dr. Mitkovic in Serbia

paco1

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 04:49:22 PM »

you have a decent height, forget this surgery.

Alu

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »

Could I do external LL on femur (5cm) and external LL on tibia (5cm) or does doctor Mitkovic do only internal LL on femur and external on tibia?? cos external is cheaper than internal so If its possible I would do both segments with external LL. Thanks  ;)

External Femurs would be a nightmare... let alone having all 4 segments done at once... totally unrealistic.

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »

External Femurs would be a nightmare... let alone having all 4 segments done at once... totally unrealistic.

"Aspirant185" is doing it. And if doctor says its possible, why should it be unrealistic?.

LLCaptain

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »

"Aspirant185" is doing it. And if doctor says its possible, why should it be unrealistic?.

If you're desperate and external femurs is all you can afford, then you find ways to justify it in your head. External femurs are simply the most barbaric form of LL, good luck.

Something tells me aspirant185 is not going to follow through with his plans lol. Saying youre going to do it on this forum is easy, lets see how many of you guys go through, especially you 175cm+ guys.

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »

If you're desperate and external femurs is all you can afford, then you find ways to justify it in your head. External femurs are simply the most barbaric form of LL, good luck.

Something tells me aspirant185 is not going to follow through with his plans lol. Saying youre going to do it on this forum is easy, lets see how many of you guys go through, especially you 175cm+ guys.

I´m not justifying anything. I was simply asking. If doctor says its ok, then he must´ve done it many times. But if he says that it would be better to do it seperate (tibia LL and after that femur LL) im ok with it. We´re discusing, nothing more, nothing less. Plus Dr. Mitkovic has a very good reputation as LL doctor. And btw not everyone can afford internal LL in China, Germany, Spain or USA, and if there is a doctor who does it for 9300,-€ why should I go somewhere where its more expensive.

LLCaptain

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »

If doctor says its ok, then he must´ve done it many times.

You sure Dr. M has done quads many times? This doctor uses monorails bro, enough said.

And btw not everyone can afford internal LL in China, Germany, Spain or USA, and if there is a doctor who does it for 9300,-€ why should I go somewhere where its more expensive.

Are you really asking me why you should pay more for better medical treatment? Why do people even bother going to Paley?

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »

I didn´t say he has done quads, just that he has a good reputation as LL doctor, so Im considering doing LL on tibia with him and then LL on femur. The quads thing was only speculative to see if its possible or that if anyone has done it.

Deads

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

How many diaries are there for Mitkovic? What's the general consensus on him? Good results or butcher?

I didn't feel like reading MDOW's book on his LL experience.. Was it just the psychological issue that forced him to go to Beijing?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »

How many diaries are there for Mitkovic? What's the general consensus on him? Good results or butcher?

I didn't feel like reading MDOW's book on his LL experience.. Was it just the psychological issue that forced him to go to Beijing?

He is considered a good doc.

I have spoken via phone with an Israeli who did quads with him (7 on tibs and two years afterwards 5 or 6 on fems).

Only problem is the risk of misallignment due to the facts it's a monorail.

But again, he is considered (to my knowledge) one of the best low cost LL surgeons
I learned some stuff during this time

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 03:36:45 PM »

The good thing is that Serbia is near my country, so December2016/January2017 would be my call to go there and begin with LL. But we need more diaries and does anyone know if the prices with him have changed?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 03:39:39 PM »

The good thing is that Serbia is near my country, so December2016/January2017 would be my call to go there and begin with LL. But we need more diaries and does anyone know if the prices with him have changed?

Did you e-mail him? I think you could get all the info you want about him through contacting him instead of asking here questions... It's very easy to send an e-mail
I learned some stuff during this time

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »

Did you e-mail him? I think you could get all the info you want about him through contacting him instead of asking here questions... It's very easy to send an e-mail

Aaah, sarcasm. No, I dont have his e-mail.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 04:21:15 PM »

Crazy idea
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Barry Allen

• Visitor
  • "Run Barry, run!"
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

Ok lenghtening both femur and tibia at the same time is dangerous and a dead end. But how about this: Lenghten tibia (cca 2 months) and after the lenghtening process is over have a second surgery and lenghten femur (cca 2 months). So you wouldn´t lenghten at the same time both parts, but each segment separately. The only thing is that you´d have to wear both monorails until the tibia bones and femur bones are healed.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »

I would rather wear ilizarov than monorails.

External LL for femurs is hell, people tend to scream in agony lengthening with 1 external frame on their femur so i can't even imagine wearing 2 of them + pair for tibias.

CCMidwest

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 07:55:53 PM »

I would rather wear ilizarov than monorails.

External LL for femurs is hell, people tend to scream in agony lengthening with 1 external frame on their femur so i can't even imagine wearing 2 of them + pair for tibias.

Monorails for tibia are tempting for sure. Can have them on under your pants without too many people noticing I think. Plus, you avoid the knee pain associated with internal tibia LL.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

5'7.5
Pages: [1]   Go Up