Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If your a 5'4 19 year old is it a better option to go for 5'9 with LLP or 6'0  (Read 4646 times)

Mivsta101

Whats up everyone hope you are all enjoying your day. I am currently 3 months into being 19 years old. My growth plates have been open my whole life and they still are. They have only fused in my hands. Wrist and rest of body is still somewhat open. Although i know my time is running out if i want to get to at least 5'6 or 5'7 to make my chances better of getting to 6'0. When i was 16 i thought i had stopped growing. Little did i know i had only started because i was a late bloomer.  I didnt even start puberty till about 15-16. I know puberty last about 6-8 years. 15+6=21. I plan on hitting a growth spurt from now till 21. I sadly did not take advantage of a huge window i had for natural growth as a whole. My body is pretty small but to be honest i had a very poor lifestyle as a teen and i certainly know i did not reach my full potential at all. I hope to squeeze out a few inches because i dont have a full beard yet at 19 and my growth plates are a little bit open at my wrists so i feel that i have a good 6 or 9 months to hit a growth spurt asap. From 16 to 19 i pretty much look the same and thats because i made some very bad choices along with what i was born around, like my environment. I never was the one to eat alot of food mainly because i didnt like what my parents would make and i never went over 1000 calories a day for years on end. It was just horrible. I got dropped from high school at 16-17. I went into depression for about 2 years. 17-19. These were years that i could have easily gained 4 inches imo. My brother is 5'8 at 21. At 17 i was 5'4 and i still am. Sadly i didnt take advantage of the natural growth i could have reached without surgery because truthfully i would be happy with 5'8 or 5'9 and that was something very achievable from ages 17-19. Currently im doing pretty good. Im pulling in about 900 a week living with my mom  so i dont pay bills. I am going to save up at least 30k us money from here to 6 months or so. If im not 5'7 or taler by then, im going for  limb llengthening.. could it be possible that i can gain 3-4 inches naturally having started puberty at 16? Im going to do everything to maximize my growth from here to 21. The only thing i know is that my growth plates have just started to fuse from a x ray of my wrist that i examined myself. It is also the first time im noticing facial hair in my life. Never had alot of facial hair until now. Its not completely full by any means, but it will get there in the next year or two. Its barely noticeable. No chest hair and i do come from a family with alot of chest hair. At 13 or 14 i had a bone age of an 11 or 10 year old.  Im not sure what it is now. I was really short at 14,15. Maybe under 5 feet. I had a little growth spurt and grew to 5'4 in high school when i was the healthiest ive been. My parents are short but i have alot of tall people in my family. Im not ugly by any means i consider myself a above average good looking individual but in public if you saw me you would think i was 13 or  15 years old. I have a babyface plus a small frame. I dont bother that much with girls unless they approach me because i know it pretty much pointless. No girl would want a 5'4 19 year old that looks 12 lol.  If i was at least 5'9 i would have the confidence to approach any girl to be honest. When i was young girls thought i was cute so thankfully i got to have sex with a few of them. I couldnt even produce sperm until 16. My goal is to get to 5'6 or 5'7 by 21 at the very least and go through surgery to get 5'10 or 6. What are the best doctors you guys can recommend? I will have 30k in hand saved up when the time comes to pick a doctor thats not in the us. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading and sorry for long post

LL2022

Honestly i don't think you will grow much more than 1 inch if you haven't grown at all since 17. I am turning 17 in 2 months and to be realistic I think I will grow 1.5-2.5cm (0.5 - 1inch) taller, but that's it. I only grew 4.3cm from 14-16 which is why I think I'm done growing soon :/
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

Mivsta101

Thanks for the reply. If you dont mind me asking, whats your height? Right after i turned 17 i believe i was still 5'4 but that wasnt an exact measurement. When i was about 16 turning 17 i was 5'4 with shoes on. I got measured recently with shoes on again and i was 5'5. Im not exactly sure if i was on the lower or higher end of 5'5. Next time i need to measure with no shoes. I might hav stunted my growth because i didnt eat alot. Have you had a good diet most of your life?

LL2022

Thanks for the reply. If you dont mind me asking, whats your height? Right after i turned 17 i believe i was still 5'4 but that wasnt an exact measurement. When i was about 16 turning 17 i was 5'4 with shoes on. I got measured recently with shoes on again and i was 5'5. Im not exactly sure if i was on the lower or higher end of 5'5. Next time i need to measure with no shoes. I might hav stunted my growth because i didnt eat alot. Have you had a good diet most of your life?

I am currently 167cm (5ft 5 3/4 in) on average, so almost 5'6. I have honestly had a pretty bad diet when it comes to maximizing vertical growth but I don't think it could have stunted my growth by more than 1-2inch (Which in my eyes is the difference between life and death lol.)

Anyways I am asian so I used to eat alot of rice which is rich in carbs and since I barely excercised it apparently could have a slight growth stunting effect according to some source I can't find right now. I also ate much more soysauce than your average white/black/whatever person and apparently soysauce also could stunts growth because it makes your growth plates fuse earlier. The last 7-8 months I have been exercising almost everyday and started to eat much more healthier, it probably wont make any difference anyways but you'll never know, better safe than sorry.
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

Penguinn

You'll look like a short man on stilts after lengthening 8 inches.. unless you have exceptionally short legs and long arms. And your body functions will be wrecked.

patientdad

You'll look like a short man on stilts after lengthening 8 inches.. unless you have exceptionally short legs and long arms. And your body functions will be wrecked.

This is true.

Mivsta101

Maybe. I do have a small body at 19 already so that could be true. I basically have a really small torso. My legs and arms are decent. My torso could use some length. Everytime i tip toe and look at myself in the mirror or on video, it literally looks like my body would fit in at that height. On my tip toes im about 5'7 or 5'8. Thats where i would like to be. My growth plates are still open so doctors wouldnt even operate yet. I was told by a doctor last week after taking x rays of my legs that i have the potential to grow by a few inches so im not completely done growing. I barely could grow facial hair. My brother shot up a inch or two maybe even more from 19-21. I certainly stunted my growth because i smoked and ate very little. And it was all garbage food. I am just now starting to get everything together and i am going to take some pills called Growth Factor Plus that claims you can grow up to 4 inches after closed growth plates. But if i do stay this way i would be pretty much fked unless i have alot of money. I wouldnt try to get 8 inches unless it was with Dr Paley of the usa. I would probably need at least 200k for that. I also dont care about being 6. I'd be cool with 5'9 or 5'10. I could easily hit 5'7 from here to 6 months or a year. My body looks like it belongs at 5'7 and not 5'5 or 5'4. But if i did stay this way, would it be possible to lengthen the torso? And do you think i would look proportionally correct if i got 5 inches in my legs? Last year some nurse listed me at 5'1 without taking measurements lol i felt kind of offended. I saw this when i was waiting to speak to a cardio doc for a heart checkup. On the computer it showed my date of birth then my height said 5'1. So i must look real small in person for them to put 5'1. My mom and sis are that height and im a headsize taller than them. So im really 5'4 or 5'5. Do you guys think a 5 inch height gain would look normal if you have a small torso? My head is pretty big. It would easily look right on a 5'9 or 5'10 body. Thanks fot all the replied, take care

theuprising

It's very uncommon to grow 3 inches at 19 so it would probably make sense to plan LL around the height you are now. There is nothing stopping you from reaching your goals, just keep in mind that a guy who goes from 5'5 to 5'10 will look obviously different to a natural 5'10 as all your other proportions except for legs will be smaller and people will notice. It's about being realistic with your goals and the outcomes. If you can accept that then go for it.

aspirant185

Based on what I personally read on forums and discussed with patients and 2 doctors, if one lengthens more than 3 inches on a segment or 4 inches on both segments, he will look really bad and its not worth it. And that is the very maximum.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Mivsta101

Based on what I personally read on forums and discussed with patients and 2 doctors, if one lengthens more than 3 inches on a segment or 4 inches on both segments, he will look really bad and its not worth it. And that is the very maximum.

Yeah man it sucks because i know for certain i could have hit 5'9 at the least if i ate alot more in my growing years or maximized my nutrition past the normal point. Sometimes i look at myself and agree with the assumption that i possibly halted any possible growth my body could have reached after 16 because of the poor lifestyle i had and grew up around. I had alot of growth potential from 16-18 because I was growing at 15,16 with minimal nutrition, and i have pics of my growth plates back then. Wide open at nearly 16. but when i started smoking plus not having a job i couldnt supply myself with the nutrition i could have, if i had the money. Limb Lengthening is no joke and when i look back at my life it really would have payed off doing things the natural way and grinding for my own self and nutrition.. I blame my parents for not looking out for me as a kid and a teen as far as nutrition goes. I will look for the natural route from here till 22 or 21. im 3 months into 19, i know human growth in any human stops at 20, i was delayed so Who knows if im lucky and i can get 3 inches. Ive never had the type of nutrition im getting now so along with the pills i hope it can shoot me up a few inches. Even i doubt then agree with this possibility but i will try it because why not. It really sucks to be short as a male and it hurts to know its possible you didnt reach your full potential naturally. If i ever get rich i would go for the 4-5 inches with LL if i stay short/small because ive always wanted to be at least average, no matter what it takes lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up