Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculous !  (Read 6168 times)

Max

Ridiculous !
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »

People on this forum are showing so much negative attitude towards LL . I feel very bad about it :/ . This forum was the place where i thought people actually understand how much short stature affects us and now the people who I thought understand me are telling all of us to not go for this . It sucks and I am pissed off too . I am very sorry if I am too rude as most of the people in this forum are elder than me and much more experienced . I just want to say that being short sucks ball . Its something that everyone notices around and try and act as if everything is normal but in reality these people around us judge us and determine are capabilities just because of height . People lose so much because of this   . It just sucks :/  . I know for a fact that if I was a little like 3 inch taller i would have had the girl I "loved" more than myself but no I can't there is nothing wrong in her as a matter of fact height discrimination should not be blamed on the people who do it because when we say the are shallow we forget that we ourselves are choosy . I mean thats our instinct we go for the better looking . You tell me you have two girls equally good one is bald and other is completely perfect whom will you go for ? remember both are exactly same . Things like this makes me question right and wrong .
This height   is something we cant help naturally much . I love every member of this forum because I feel what they had to face or are facing just because of something which was more or less predetermined before they were born . I just wanna say that it hurts being short .......
I want to say more but I guess ill keep it short .

Penguinn

Re: Ridiculous !
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:57:27 AM »

I think that attitude applies to people 5'8 and above doing LL. For someone that's 5'2, I don't think LL is ridiculous.

inb4 some 5'9er tells me I'm crazy too and it's about perspective

blahblah

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:20:23 AM »

You're crazy too, it's about all about perspective ;P

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 05:09:47 AM »

They should have a 'like' option on this forum.

Cheez

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »

It's true though.

Your size is feeling very different in countries around the world.

And even then, the pain of somebody who is 1.85 and feeling too small is the same as ours, even if it's hard for us to comprehend.

ub40

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:54 AM »

Take what you read here with a grain of salt. The people that have done this surgery and are content with their new lives aren't necessarily coming back here to post on this forum. This place is filled with people that are new asking questions and people that are bitter because they can't afford this surgery or don't have the time discouraging others.

They project their own insecurities and anxieties to a bunch of newbies and let's be quite honest, if all the short people here really didn't want to have this surgery why would they spend so much time hanging around on this forum spending time bashing it.

This isn't directed at people who are posting actual facts and articles but about people that keep raving about how happy they are and how good their lives are and we're crazy to consider something like this.
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »

the pain of somebody who is 1.85 and feeling too small is the same as ours, even if it's hard for us to comprehend.

No way in hell lol.

I agree some part of it is subjective, but objectively(here; what you see with your eyes before it hits your brain and you start thinking on it) no way is someone 5'11 in the same boat as someone who's 5'4.

Knik

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »

Another question: you think that those who renounce the operation will manage to overcome their insecurity or they will suffer even more ?
Looking for Pili

Ozymandias

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »

And even then, the pain of somebody who is 1.85 and feeling too small is the same as ours, even if it's hard for us to comprehend.

That's like saying that the pain of somebody who makes $100,000/month and feeling too poor is the same as the pain of somebody who makes $100/month, even if it's hard for the poorest to comprehend.

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »

That's like saying that the pain of somebody who makes $100,000/month and feeling too poor is the same as the pain of somebody who makes $100/month, even if it's hard for the poorest to comprehend.

^

Cheez

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »

And yet there are millionaires committing suicide because they are unhappy with their life.

Alu

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:42 PM »

And yet there are millionaires committing suicide because they are unhappy with their life.

Not because they are poor. It might be  an issue related to money, but it's separated from it all together. It's definitely an inner conflict that is without a doubt brought out by their own narcissism.

Consider this:
How can a someone who's making bank at life know the suffering of those who have to work 40 hours a week to make ends meet? Stop kidding yourself; one is objectionably more severe then the other.

Cheez

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »

I completely concur, that you are objectively right.
Normally, when this discussion pops up I refer to this thing as the "children in Africa argument".

There is always somebody who is objectively worse off in life than you are.
The thing is, you are allowed to feel bad about it anyway.

TnaTna

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

the pain of somebody who is 1.85 and feeling too small is the same as ours, even if it's hard for us to comprehend.

Of course not  ???. The pain of somebody who is 1.85 is plainly self-psychological, and comes from a lack of confidence of from other very personal matters : others treat him as their counterpart. Someone who is 1.60 or 1.65 (it depends on the place) can often feel treated differently by others, and his pain sometimes only comes from very effective discrimination, and not from mere matters of confidence. Unless this 1.85 guy is really self-centered, he would observe that he doesn't undergo special treatment because of his height, and that some others do (I am more than 1.75, I feel quite bad about my height, but I can understand it is not 100 % rational and if I were 1.65, it would hurt much more).

Cheez

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 04:44:53 PM »

Of course not  ???. The pain of somebody who is 1.85 is plainly self-psychological, and comes from a lack of confidence of from other very personal matters : others treat him as their counterpart. Someone who is 1.60 or 1.65 (it depends on the place) can often feel treated differently by others, and his pain sometimes only comes from very effective discrimination, and not from mere matters of confidence. Unless this 1.85 guy is really self-centered, he would observe that he doesn't undergo special treatment because of his height, and that some others do (I am more than 1.75, I feel quite bad about my height, but I can understand it is not 100 % rational and if I were 1.65, it would hurt much more).

Well, everything you said is right.
But in the end you have a person who is not feeling well with his/her height. Like us shorter people do.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree here, and go on with the threads topic.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 04:48:23 PM »

Utter narcissism and overthinking can consume you even if you have everything. American Psycho is a good example.

Bigfaker

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »

Your size is feeling very different in countries around the world.

...no way is someone 5'11 in the same boat as someone who's 5'4.

Well, a 5'11" man in Norway is in the exact same boat as a 5'4" man in the Phillipines...as long as he stays in his country, that is. Just sayin'.
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

Knik

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »

Well, a 5'11" man in Norway is in the exact same boat as a 5'4" man in the Phillipines...as long as he stays in his country, that is. Just sayin'.

5'11 is average in Norway guy
I went in Norway and i dont see any difference between Paris and Oslo (maybe 2-3 cm max !)
maybe more for girls
stop this myth, nordic people aren't giants as you says
But I think average in Philipines is like 5'5 ?
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:27 AM »

And 6' (184) average in Holland is bull , when I was 15 we realise an exchange in Amsterdam
Maybe 181 for Holland but no more
Looking for Pili

Bigfaker

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »

Um...that's what I meant.
5'11" is average in Norway, just as 5'4" is average in the Philippines. It's all a matter of perspective/surroundings.

I've known quite a few guys from Olso. Some were around 5'9" - 5"11. A few were well over 6'. A LOT of the PI-born Filipinos I've known were under 5'6"....but the ones born here in America are taller on average.
Just my tiny random sampling.

FYI: I was going off this site:
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.crapml
but Wikipedia gives pretty much the same figures

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 11:20:01 AM »

I know for a fact that if I was a little like 3 inch taller i would have had the girl I "loved" more than myself but no I can't there is nothing wrong in her as a matter of fact height discrimination should not be blamed on the people who do it because when we say the are shallow we forget that we ourselves are choosy . I mean thats our instinct we go for the better looking . You tell me you have two girls equally good one is bald and other is completely perfect whom will you go for ? remember both are exactly same .

Completely disagree with you here. Preferences are one thing, and if a woman wants a partner that is at least this tall, and is honest and straight about it, without acting disrespectul towards a suitor she rejects, there's nothing wrong about it. Height discrimination on the other hand is wrong and should the pointed out, questioned and criticized openly. It's one thing if a woman thinks "I would love a guy to be 1,85 like Channing Tatum, but if he's really cute and confident (or something like that), anything could happen even if he's shorter", or if she thinks "Short men are beneath me because they're not real men and I'm too sexy for them", the second position should be shamed and criticized.

If a girl didn't accept you because of your height, she wasn't the right for you, simple as that, and you should seriously question your love to her, she's just human like everyone else, she farts, she takes stinking dumps and she is often selfish and immature like all of us are at times. Of course everyone has preferences when looking for partners, and that's nothing to be ashamed about, the question lies in the detail - are these preferences reasonable or not? Are the preferences of 160 cm girl who wants at least a 185 guy reasonable?

Taller doesn't necessarily mean "better looking", and it's pretty useless to imagine two exactly equal women, one being bald and the other one being perfect. People aren't equal no matter how you put it.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Max

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »

@Iwanna be taller
Firstly thanks for your insight brother and everyone else too . Well thought of points were put on here .
Now for what you said iwannabetaller is right but thats hardly the case I mean this is not what people usually think and i quote
if she thinks "Short men are beneath me because they're not real men and I'm too sexy for them", the second position should be shamed and criticized.

They don't think like this mate its just their preference if a girl does not like a short guy its her preference which in no way mean taller people are better or superior . We all are humans like you said and everyone has preferences maybe my example wasn't good enough but I just wanna say being short has consequences that are more because of the instincts that we humans have and  not because; its a stereotype or something .

Are the preferences of 160 cm girl who wants at least a 185 guy reasonable?

Absolutely, they are reasonable for her . Its her life her choice I know it seems wrong in a way but then again we all have preferences . My example was hypothetical but think about it which one would you choose of the two girls ? And based on any of the one your choice I can question your choice and your preference  and ask if it was reasonable . Of alll things we have no right to question someone's general preferences .
Yea one thing I can say where you were right and I was kinda wrong is the height discrimination thing at some places it is wrong but thats the whole point it cant be helped . Like I won't say I was cent percent right on my part saying that thing about height discrimination . Also girls or a single person is not a reason good enough for even considering LL . We dont live to impress people and the reason for considering LL here for most people I am sure it is because of the many times they felt height is being a hindrance .
I really appreciate all your inputs and also very well said penguin and cheez ! thanks all !

PEACE

aspirant185

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 04:45:11 PM »

I am sick and tired of people criticizing others (5.8+) who go for LL. People do LL because they feel they are short and they dont feel good about it. One can feel that way at 5'4 and even at 5'11. You will go to have ur legs broken and will expect society to understand you, but u will also criticize 5'8 guys who do the same  ? Come on..
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »

Now for what you said iwannabetaller is right but thats hardly the case I mean this is not what people usually think and i quote

You would think that there are no people with such opinions, but it's not true, some actually believe it. Just look at idiotic places like 4chan or the Bodybuilding forums where it's pretty much the norm to call short men "manlets". This pretty much means they're not real men, because you can either be a man or a manlet - so there indeed are people out there who think shorter guys are not even real men, and if some men think that on the places I mentioned, there are women out there who also share this opinion.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up