Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to 100% Prove You're Done Growing?  (Read 1214 times)

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
How to 100% Prove You're Done Growing?
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:35:18 PM »

Hi there LL community,

As a preface, I know the only 100% way to find out if you're going to grow is to "wait and find out" but specifically, I want to know what I can do prior to ensure that I will grow or won't.

Since the age of roughly 14, I believe my height has stayed the same at around 66 inches. My mother is approximately around 5 ft 8 1/2 inches and my dad is 5 ft 6. I'm 17 years old.

About 6 or so months ago, my mother took me to see the endocrinologist who gave me an x-ray and said my growth plates were 'completely' fused and would no longer grow. However, my curiosity on the possibility of growing was still peaked when at the endocrinologist's office one of the doctors had showed me a book of X-rays diagrams that showed the process of the fusion of growth plates from the stages of birth to adult. After I had looked at the diagrams, my bones looked to be 'at around 95% completion' according to the diagram the doctor and I looked at. Furthermore, the x-ray I was given also examined some apparent bones in my back that could possibly yield growth, which the doctor told me was 'negligible' for extra growth.

As far as I know, the only other way I can gather rock solid evidence that I'm going to grow/not grow is to get an alleged 'blood test' that I've read about on these forums related to growth. I'd like to know what that blood test essentially is so I can approach the endocrinologist about the topic. Lastly, I've also heard mixed claims of course that males can grow into their early 20s so, I'd appreciate some clarify on the issue since I've still got some years to go and have heard stories of males shooting up inches while they were 19 or in their early 20s.

On a side note: I've already crossed out the idea of LL since I'll be joining the army for ROTC after high school and know for a fact that breaking both my legs will automatically disqualify my chances of being accepted.

Please help. :(
weeeee!

Penguinn

Re: How to 100% Prove You're Done Growing?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:33:23 PM »

I took X-Rays and went to an endocrinologist too, and he said the same thing. I wasn't done growing technically but whatever I would grow would be negligible, and by that I assume he means less than 0.5cms.

"Not fully done" here is a technicality, and people who grow at 19 and 20 are 1 in thousands and their growth plates aren't 99.9% fused at 17.
Pages: [1]   Go Up