Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info on the LL "industry" and why you should reconsider some of the surgeons  (Read 30779 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Info on the LL "industry" and why you should reconsider some of the surgeons
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

Every doctor does have bad outcomes, and bad is a broad term. I think there is a decent chunk of the community for example that would be thrilled with my outcome, and also a decent chunk who either because they wouldn't have the desire/ability to cope with delays and complications in recovery.

For me personally I'd classify my outcome as unideal/problematic but bad sounds misleading since being crippled etc. comes to mind.

I've always said though, theres no doctor you can go to for a guaranteed good experience. Going to the better ones just reduces the probability, sometimes drastically, in my opinion.

Complications midway, or any delays is one thing... Disasters are another thing. In the end it all comes to the simple question "now that you are after LL, going though all of that, would you still do it if you would be given the chance to go back to the day before surgery?" If you answer yes than your outcome is good (for you... And that should be enough since each one does this surgery for himself) if you answer no than the outcome is not good.
  About the things I wrote in the start, They are all true (according to the sources I cited).
I learned some stuff during this time

programdude

Re: Info on the LL "industry" and why you should reconsider some of the surgeons
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2016, 09:33:32 AM »

I'm not saying they aren't true. Just clarifying what I think and that whats considered good and bad varies from person to person. I do consider my outcome good, but someone else consider the experience and downtime totally unacceptable and catastrophic. Likewise someone with serious long term issues or evidently permanent issues and many expensive complications could theoretically be happy.

Its good you compiled this information, and people should always go through results of patients to determine to the best of their ability if the average outcome of a particular doctor they are considering would be considered good or bad for them.

I think the average LL'er is mainly worried about disasters, but depending on their schedule and expectations, delays and complications could be considered a disaster which is why I try and stress to people that you need to hope for the best but plan for issues even if going with a "good" dr.

Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up