Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purpose Of This Forum  (Read 3933 times)

Muse

Purpose Of This Forum
« on: September 29, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »

Since we are essentially a breakaway group, we need to agree on a clearly defined and transparent direction in leadership and philosophy.  This is a open discussion on how you want to see this forum be managed and what it should bring to everyone.   

Here are the ones I have in mind

1) Patient's Well Being

The #1 Priority should always be helping patients have a safe and successful journey. Patients should have access to information that helps them complete the surgery with as little complications as possible and make the best recovery possible. 

2) Impartiality Of Information

Information should be accurate and honest to best of knowledge.  It should not be manipulated (hidden/faked) for the purpose of financial gains under any circumstances.   

3) Community Driven

A community spirit of genuinely helping and looking out for each other.  Respectable, open and meaningful discussions should be the goal.

4) Free Of Dictatorship

The site should not be completely driven by one person's opinion and everyone should be treated with equal opportunity. Members should be allowed to express their opinions and communicate freely within reason.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:34:26 PM by Dameon »

TomD

• Private
Re: A New Start
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:29 AM »

Very well said!

Here is what I would add

We should always remember that the patients health ALWAYS comes first.

It is irrelevant how tall we become if we are crippled in the process. We need to always proceed with safety first and realistic expectations.

None of us are Doctors or medical experts . Nor are we salesmen

Unlike the site we just left, there is no savior here. We are not wolves in sheeps clothing. We do not get a commission or work for any doctor or entity. We also have no insight into how to do the surgery or the physiotherapy. We are just regular guys trying to lend each other support. No hidden agendas or surprise catches.

The patient diaries will be verified to the best of our ability so that we can trust the experience being shown.
The other site has been shown to make up fake patient diaries to enhance a doctors reputation that members get commissions from steering patients to those doctors. To avoid that, we shall try to verify the patient is actually having the procedure done when and where they say they are.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:26:41 AM by TomD »

LiveLife

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »

I felt this new forum was so angry at first.  But it seems to have gone beyond that now and is taking on a very positive, constructive path.  I'm liking this forum more and more, and feeling more at home here.  Thanks you guys :)

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »

I felt this new forum was so angry at first.
I think it was expected that a lot of the members on here were mad, because that's just the result of deception and other things. A community exists if we have the people to join to build the foundation.

TomD

• Private
Re: Purpose Of This Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

Generally when a forum is borne out of anold forum where the members were unceremoniously booted off for exposing corruption and graft, you are going to have some pretty pissed off members.

I was definitely one of them. Maybe the main catalyst. Perhaps it was because I  had never been treated like that before. Also, I was very concerned about the patients sitting in these guest houses with broken legs because they trusted this guy who turned out to be a giant con man. That is frightening to me.

That was the most infuriating thing of all. But now we have our own thing here and its started to take on its own personality. The memory of that place and what happened is starting to fade and we are slowly becoming our own entity of trust and good will.  :)

ItsMyLife

Re: Purpose Of This Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »

Generally when a forum is borne out of anold forum where the members were unceremoniously booted off for exposing corruption and graft, you are going to have some pretty pissed off members.

I was definitely one of them. Maybe the main catalyst. Perhaps it was because I  had never been treated like that before. Also, I was very concerned about the patients sitting in these guest houses with broken legs because they trusted this guy who turned out to be a giant con man. That is frightening to me.

That was the most infuriating thing of all. But now we have our own thing here and its started to take on its own personality. The memory of that place and what happened is starting to fade and we are slowly becoming our own entity of trust and good will.  :)

what happened at old forum ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up