Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to get nailing after 11 months post OP?  (Read 2159 times)

Samuimw

Is it possible to get nailing after 11 months post OP?
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »

I have done about 8.5 cm and now I'm 10 months post op. I will take x-ray soon , so IF my doctor say that I might have 6 month of consolidation left ,will it be possible for me to get nailing ? I'm scared that my bones will shrink too if i take the frames off too soon, and I don't want to be in frames for 18 months. But if it is not possible I will wait.

ub40

Re: Is it possible to get nailing after 11 months post OP?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:26 AM »

Damn 10 months post op and you still haven't consolidated? Were there any complications, please more details!

LATN or LATP would be your best bet, but at the best you should only have a couple of months to go with frames max, unless there are issues with non union
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

jfk

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

I have done about 8.5 cm and now I'm 10 months post op. I will take x-ray soon , so IF my doctor say that I might have 6 month of consolidation left ,will it be possible for me to get nailing ? I'm scared that my bones will shrink too if i take the frames off too soon, and I don't want to be in frames for 18 months. But if it is not possible I will wait.

Of course it is possible. I did it after 8 months.
And dont listen to guys telling you "You will be done soon" when they didnt even see your x-ray.

ub40

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »

Of course it is possible. I did it after 8 months.
And dont listen to guys telling you "You will be done soon" when they didnt even see your x-ray.

I'll assume that's directed at me. I wrote "at the best", also I asked him if he had complications. Having your bones heal around the 10 month mark is very realistic

Maybe next time read every word in a post before suggesting that people disregard it
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

TrueSpartan

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »

8.5 cm takes an average of 13 months upto 17 months to heal.

As for nailing late, I believe prince did that as well and he did not lose anything!

Bigfaker

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 07:14:43 PM »

There's also revision nailing, which I'm having done the day after tomorrow. For me, that would make it almost 29 months post-op...or about 25 months after frame removal.

The main reason I'm doing it is because the reaming out of the intramedullary cavity should stimulate some bone growth. Also, I may have some damaged screws which will be replaced or removed entirely.
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18
Pages: [1]   Go Up