Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 5649 times)

Suarez7

• Visitor
Hi
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:37:36 PM »

I've recently joined this forum because lately I'm become really conscious of height I'm  5ft11, which many people will say is fine, however I still feel small and it really bothers me because to be truly happy you can't be carrying an insecurity  like that around as it effects decisions making and my quality of !I've, I,e not going out. People would say its superficial but height is important in todays society especially for someone who is 23 growing up in a country obsessed with body image. I feel that 5-7 cm would have a profound effect on my confidence even just 3 0r 4 would improve my situation. Some say this is stupid but at the end of the day you have to spend an entire !lifetime In a body your not happy with, and because of that its likely you will never Fifi! Your dreams as things like this will hold you back. Also by 15 year old brother seems to be bigger then me now which is frustrating, he can look forward to years of more growth, its unlikely I will grow now at 23, I'm holding out for an inch but I could just be wasting my time. I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this procedure, my mains concerns are costs, recovery time, loss or permanent loss of strength as I'm very into gym and training. This rea!ly bothers me, I feel scared to ta!k to my parents about this, I have other things in my life getting me down, being a !ittle bit taller would make me feel a !of better about myself

YellowSpike

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »

Do trolls even try anymore? lol

If this isn't a troll...height insecurity at 5'11"? You've got other issues. No one is calling or even mentally considering you short at 5'11".

Knik

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »

If you ask me this is ridiculous
5'11 is definitely above the average man, it may not be huge but sufficient in the sense that no woman than you (or very rarely). If you say otherwise, you should still measure once.
And the myth of youth are very large, it is only on the internet.
Now I think already many doctor will refuse to make someone your size. And it's not especially clever in that many 5'7 5'9 are operated to achieve your height or more. But you take great risks to little.
Looking for Pili

Ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »

You are right OP,

Anything under 6'4 is manlet status, subhuman tier, a foreveralone little puny untermensch.

At least that's what internet told me, and internet never lies.

goldenegg

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:30:39 PM »

given your height I'd recommend 10cm in your femurs and another 11cm in your tibias. 

Knik

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »

You are right OP,

Anything under 6'4 is manlet status, subhuman tier, a foreveralone little puny untermensch.

At least that's what internet told me, and internet never lies.

Do not blame him. This is the fault of all these associations, people who claim to do 6'6 to be a good sport, the modeling agencies who ask to 6'1, etc.
Looking for Pili

Suarez7

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 06:37:04 PM »

Your don't understand how I feel. Nothing anyone can say will change that, people say you should get over it or in time you will learn to live with it, that might be so but there always be points in ur life where that feeling comes back. I'm 23 I have my whole life ahead me, I get one life, what's the point of life if your just sad until, you can never fufil all your dreams because your confidence will inhibit your from going places, being with people, ceasing every opportunity. If I was 40 0r 50 and I had this feeling it might be different , because you would say I've got this far in life without it effecting me, so why let it now. I'm just asking for advice anyway, I've heard that some will refuse to operate on me with the height I am,  are there exceptions?.  Being at the age I am its time I need to enjoy my life, but I can't when something like this is bothering me. I am no troll, just give me advice pls. If there is a way you could be even 1% happier you would do it in this one life you get this once chance. You say its a risk but if you don't take risks you stay the same, that's why a 1% elite rule the world because humanity stays inside a comfort zone, with no intention of venturing out of it

hyong

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 06:47:18 PM »

given your height I'd recommend 10cm in your femurs and another 11cm in your tibias.

Throw in arm lengthening to make the perfect proportion
which allow op to reach his dreams of being a Greek God, rulling over 5'11 manlets 8)

Knik

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 07:06:10 PM »

Throw in arm lengthening to make the perfect proportion
which allow op to reach his dreams of being a Greek God, rulling over 5'11 manlets 8)

* 6'6 manlet  8)
Looking for Pili

Alu

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 08:10:08 PM »

Grow the fk up....pun intended...

Suarez7

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:35 PM »

Is there anyone with any useful advice for me,  or are you just gonna take the piss,

berkeclor123

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 09:18:09 PM »

Is there anyone with any useful advice for me,  or are you just gonna take the piss,

Troll. At 5'11, you already taller than 84% of guys. lol.
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »

Troll. At 5'11, you already taller than 84% of guys. lol.

Seriously.

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want to their bodies. If someone is 6'3 but needs to be 6'6', hats off to them. Everyone is entitled to be happy.

But think about what this surgery entails and what you give up. REALLY think about it. Not to mention the risks or things that could wrong, even with the best doctors money can buy. No man 5'10" or over needs LL (though I guess the allure from there is getting to 6ft). The only women who will reject a man for being 5'10" are the worst possible kind of women you really don't want. And I don't think other men will look at a 5'10" guy and think "wow, he's short!"

Suarez7

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »

First of all would someone even operate on me at the current height I am?, I am no troll, I'm a just a person in search of happiness, I came here for advice and advice only. At this current moment in time its an option its not like I'm gonna go and sign up tommorow, I want too understand the risks fully, and to someone to explain the procedure and the options available to me should I ever decide to do something like this. Like I said before my main concerns are costs, recovery time and loss of permanent strength. I suppose its the people that admire that make us feel conscious about our height for some people, for example I was a very very good goalkeeper when I was young, but you really have to be at least 6ft 1 to be taken seriously, also you say I'm taller then 84% of guys which I personally think is a bit to high of an estimation, but the vast majority of footballers seem to be at least 6 ft.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »

The 3 greatest footballers of all time are all below 5'8, so height isn't as big of a factor in that sport (that was a quick aside).

You need a mental check buddy, (really almost everyone here does). For you to feel like crap at 5'11 means you're doing something wrong and really LL won't help. Sorry, you're thinking about sacrificing so much for something that's definitively in your head means you're not really living life fully, and again, you're not considering fully what you're gonna end up sacrificing. If you're an athlete and want to continue being one, you won't ever do this surgery. Period.

blahblah

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 04:47:12 AM »

Troll or not, which I think you are not.... I would say everyone here is right. At 5'11" it is more of a mental road block than a physical road block. At the gym some of the most impressive bodies I have seen have been on dudes that are around 5'11".... by impressive I mean bodies that girls drool over. I have a feeling there are other aspects of your life that you are not happy with and this (exaggerated also by your little brother being bigger than you) is what you have latched on as the root of your problems. Trust me height is the least of your worries. I am only saying this because I am considering this as well and at my lowest at the end of the day I am 178cm. I have never been called short therefore I highly doubt anyone would ever think you are either - actually I take it back I have been called short but only by my buddy who is 200cm ;)

PS: I see you only have 4 posts, do yourself a favor and leave and never come back. This place is like crack and I suggest you don't get hooked on it because it will make your insecurities worst. Leave and never look back since you are actually the perfect height females desire - there are studies on this. I only wish I had done that years ago.

Bigfaker

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 05:40:16 AM »

http://www.paleyinstitute.org/orthopedic-conditions/centers-of-excellence/who-undergoes-stature-lengthening

Is there a name for this condition?
Dr. Walter Windisch, a psychologist who worked with Dr. Paley for over 20 years and evaluated all his cosmetic lengthening patients between 1988 and 2008, called this condition “height dysphoria” (dysphoria literally means unhappy, the opposite of euphoria); in other words, unhappy with your height. Another term that Dr. Paley coined is “height neurosis.”

There is also a rarer version of height dysphoria called body dysmorphic disorder. This is not a neurosis but is considered a psychosis. It is very important to differentiate the two as the latter should not be treated with surgery.
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »

Please stop giving useless advice
It is his right

Alu

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »

Please stop giving useless advice
It is his right

I'm all for people doing whatever they want, but it's so easily clear that most of the people that come here all willy nilly looking to do this surgery don't actually understand what they are wanting to do. Also this community needs realist.

Suarez7

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »

Can anyone just tell me about the procedur , such as the risks, the options available for me, costs, recovery, best places to go ect, pls stop with all this philosophical stuff you don't know how I feel right now, just give me advice about this pls pls pls pls

Quincy

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »

Can anyone just tell me about the procedur , such as the risks, the options available for me, costs, recovery, best places to go ect, pls stop with all this philosophical stuff you don't know how I feel right now, just give me advice about this pls pls pls pls

You've gotta be kidding me.  Put in a smidgen of effort and do a search on the forum.  Literally all of the questions you just asked have been answered dozens of times.

Suarez7

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »

Is there anyone here that had this done and it went well and turned out good for them
Pages: [1]   Go Up