Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly Limb Lengthening for US Honor Guard Height Requirements?  (Read 9796 times)

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.

Hello,

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I might actually consider getting Limb Lengthening.

Rather than getting this for cosmetic purposes, I'm considering this because since a young age I've always wanted to be in the U.S. ceremonial guard, and discovered that the minimum height is 6'ft with possible height waivers. If I ever want to come close to this goal without seriously killing myself, I'm shooting for a 5 inch height gain that can potentially boost my chances of getting accepted (they take waivers). Of course, this will also drastically affect my fitness which is another major concern I have that I want to ask some users on here for their opinions about.

So, if someone would be willing to give me information on my inquiry that would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Screenshot of US Ceremonial Guard Height Requirements as Outlined in their policy.

weeeee!

TrueSpartan

Re: What are likely implications LL will have if I gain 5 inches?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:02:06 AM »

2 years of recovery and struggle, maybe more. 

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
Re: What are likely implications LL will have if I gain 5 inches?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:04:36 AM »

2 years of recovery and struggle, maybe more.

Okay, how about fitness implications? How will this affect jogging, push ups, sprinting, hiking, swimming, etc.
weeeee!

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
Re: Possibly Limb Lengthening for US Honor Guard Height Requirements?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:14:21 AM »

Double post,

added some content to give you an idea of what I had in mind.
weeeee!

LLCaptain

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 06:44:56 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I might actually consider getting Limb Lengthening.

So does 99% of the people on this forum, and only 1% follow through. Search "TIBIKE200"  ;D ;D

Assuming you're a young guy in the armed services, meaning you make zero money, it'll take you forever to save enough for 2 surgeries and take the time off to recover. Maybe after 10 years, when you've gained 5 inches and have permanent knee pain, you might not have the physical capacity or desire to be a ceremonial guard anymore.

My 2 cents.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »

So does 99% of the people on this forum, and only 1% follow through. Search "TIBIKE200"  ;D ;D

Assuming you're a young guy in the armed services, meaning you make zero money, it'll take you forever to save enough for 2 surgeries and take the time off to recover. Maybe after 10 years, when you've gained 5 inches and have permanent knee pain, you might not have the physical capacity or desire to be a ceremonial guard anymore.

My 2 cents.

US Navy starting pay for E-1s is around $1,700 USD monthly.
weeeee!

berkeclor123

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 07:04:00 AM »

Why do you need to be tall for this job? This is height discrimination.
current height: 175 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
goal height: 183 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »

Forget that, there is no way they'll accept you. You woudln't be able to past a single test when it comes to your physical performance. In addition to that would the people who measure you notice your weird proportions.

Alu

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »

So does 99% of the people on this forum, and only 1% follow through. Search "TIBIKE200"   ;D ;D

I like how you're making fun of him but in truth he's the one that's made the most sane desicion here...

tx1111

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »

If you do this you might as well forget about joining the armed forces, let alone the honor guard

Alu

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »

I don't know if it's the same one but this one says it's 5'10 for males:

http://www.honorguard.af.mil/recruiting/

In anycase you would be affect athletically so bare that in mind; if you decide to do i then 66+4 would be 70 inches. Thus I'd advice splitting the surgery into the two segments 5 cm on each. Considering 5 cm on each segment, if nothing goes wrong, can lead to good recovery. However, there's no real certainty it will meet the standards the set forth.

Lgazer

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 11:15:26 PM »

Of course you would be affected athletically. It's not worth doing CLL for US Honor Guard!!!! WTF!!!

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 12:41:31 AM »

Of course you would be affected athletically. It's not worth doing CLL for US Honor Guard!!!! WTF!!!

The point is, this surgery is not for cosmetic reasons. I'm not doing this because I feel uncomfortable about myself, depressed, or desire height simply because I think it looks better. I want to do this because, without the necessary height standards, I simply CAN NOT be in the honor guard. It's simple really.

All I honestly want to do is gather some information from people here on here who are athletic after their surgeries to give me some insight on how they think I could fair through physical fitness standards if this is something I really wanted to do.
weeeee!

Knik

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 08:23:17 AM »

Already I will not say how ridiculous these standards that are stricter than the model agencies
then I do not know if after your operation you can always participate

Do not look for reasons to justify your desire to do the operation
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »

I think it's that kind of thing that motivates me the most to me have surgery. It's the ones that affect me the most morally
Soon even to be a baker there will be height criteria.
Here in France requirements to be in republican Guard is 170 (5'7) for men and 165 (5'5) for women. No heightism
in dont know in UK but i think it's similar because they are not tall
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 08:37:41 AM »

Forget that, there is no way they'll accept you. You woudln't be able to past a single test when it comes to your physical performance. In addition to that would the people who measure you notice your weird proportions.

For 5 cm ? I dont think they will noticed
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 08:41:59 AM »

I like how you're making fun of him but in truth he's the one that's made the most sane desicion here...

He's on Makemetaller but dont know if  he is able to completely forget the operation. Hope for him
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42:18 PM »

For 5 cm ? I dont think they will noticed
He was talking about 5 inches not 5 cm´s. Non the less even with 5cm´s someone would notice it, they´d see the scars at least and ask you about it.
I don´t think that the OP has the chance to become an honor guard unless they lower the height requirements. I´m not being rude but this is just not realsitic, he´d be better of by looking for different proffesion.

Knik

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »

He was talking about 5 inches not 5 cm´s. Non the less even with 5cm´s someone would notice it, they´d see the scars at least and ask you about it.
I don´t think that the OP has the chance to become an honor guard unless they lower the height requirements. I´m not being rude but this is just not realsitic, he´d be better of by looking for different proffesion.

I agree with the second part. I do not know in detail the training but I am laying it is tough because it is an elite unit. Already since 1m83 is the minimum that will not be in his favor but after two more operations will require long years of recovery;
Now I do not agree to the first part. And even if they see it did the operation I do not see why he would disqualify. Then if 5 cm we already seems bizarre, we will not do the operation for 2 cm. Scars are in general quite well done, not very large and are hidden by hair. Operations almost entirely hide the scars.
Looking for Pili

Penguinn

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »

It'll cost you about a year's pay of what you would make there(you said 1.7K a month) assuming you go to a cheap doctor not in US or Europe. 5 inches will definitely take a toll on your physical abilities and about 2 years to fully recover.

What if you do all of this and you're not physically fit enough and you don't get accepted? There's a big chance that could happen.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:10 AM »

It'll cost you about a year's pay of what you would make there(you said 1.7K a month) assuming you go to a cheap doctor not in US or Europe. 5 inches will definitely take a toll on your physical abilities and about 2 years to fully recover.

What if you do all of this and you're not physically fit enough and you don't get accepted? There's a big chance that could happen.

I'm confused, doesn't LL injury heal overtime? or is this damage actually permanent?
weeeee!

Knik

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 08:25:31 AM »

I'm confused, doesn't LL injury heal overtime? or is this damage actually permanent?

it takes time for the body to readapt
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 08:36:44 AM »

No LL "injuries" don´t heal over time. It changes your bio mechanics, overstrechtes your nerves and tendos and permanently reduces your atlethic abilieties , so a proffession that requieres heavy training such as the honor guard will be out of the question for you.

Knik

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

No LL "injuries" don´t heal over time. It changes your bio mechanics, overstrechtes your nerves and tendos and permanently reduces your atlethic abilieties , so a proffession that requieres heavy training such as the honor guard will be out of the question for you.

You are very negative with respect to the operation. You say eu 5 cm is weird, while most pictures show otherwise. And you hear one wonders if we can walk again.
Looking for Pili

Peaceout

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »

You are very negative with respect to the operation. You say eu 5 cm is weird, while most pictures show otherwise. And you hear one wonders if we can walk again.
He was talking about 5 "inches" not cms.Fix your english please and he is not negative he is realistic.
That is the truth about LL.You should face it asap.

Knik

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 02:52:43 PM »

He was talking about 5 "inches" not cms.Fix your english please and he is not negative he is realistic.
That is the truth about LL.You should face it asap.

In his comment he was talkins about 5 cm.
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up