Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Lengthening for cosmetic reasons?  (Read 16159 times)

Manlet

Leg Lengthening for cosmetic reasons?
« on: April 16, 2016, 06:54:41 AM »

Hello. I would like to know what doctors offer Leg Lengthening surgery for cosmetic reasons only. Some info about me : I am 5'8" as of now, my adult height will be either 5'9" or 5'10". I would like to be around 6'0" or 6'1", through surgery. I've read that the procedure is only offered to normal/average people if they have suffered psychologically because of their height. That would be true for me. However, i know that people are rarely accepted for the procedure even if they have gone through mental distress. So, is there some place that is guaranteed to accept me no matter what? If so, i will be having the procedure done as soon as possible. Also, i would like to go with internal rods. How much would this cost me?

Edit : I forgot to ask, if were to get this surgery, would my legs return to how they were originally? Will be able to put force of my legs doing things like lifting weights, without any problem? The only thing that would stop me from getting this procedure is if i can't have normal functionality afterwards.

Knik

Re: Leg Lengthening for cosmetic reasons?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »

Most doctors accept. Already when you come to save nearly $ 40,000 for that is that mentally it's not going well.

And you may also lose some capabilities with your legs, which does not mean you'll never make sport. (and fortunately)
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »

"which does not mean you'll never make sport. (and fortunately)" What did you mean by this?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »

Hardly any Doc will refuse to treat you if you can afford it. How old are you, if I may ask.
Did you get your bones measured in order to expect 2 more inches of height?

paddy10tellys

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »

I see it in purely transactional terms: if you are a well-informed, autonomous, mature individual who has made a decision to pay for CLL & the medical technology is available with reasonable risk constraints acknowledged by both parties (Surgeon & Patient) then it is nobody else's business than those two parties.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Bruno Mars

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 06:27:21 PM »

You re from the bodybuilding.com arent you Lol

paddy10tellys

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 06:28:25 PM »

Well spotted!
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Manlet

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 08:12:50 AM »

Hardly any Doc will refuse to treat you if you can afford it. How old are you, if I may ask.
Did you get your bones measured in order to expect 2 more inches of height?

I'm 16 now, I have a large amount of money already saved up. I haven't had my bones measured at all. Why only two more inches? Is that all I should expect?

Manlet

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:13:18 AM »

You re from the bodybuilding.com arent you Lol

No.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »

I'm 16 now, I have a large amount of money already saved up. I haven't had my bones measured at all. Why only two more inches? Is that all I should expect?
How tall are your parent? I didn't grow more than 1-2 cm's after the age of 16, so I would not expext anything close to 2 inches. I'm not saying it's impossible but rather unlikely.

Manlet

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 01:44:11 PM »

How tall are your parent? I didn't grow more than 1-2 cm's after the age of 16, so I would not expext anything close to 2 inches. I'm not saying it's impossible but rather unlikely.

My father is 5'9 and my mom is 5'2. I was asking if I should only expect to grow two inches with the surgery.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »

My father is 5'9 and my mom is 5'2. I was asking if I should only expect to grow two inches with the surgery.
3 inches are possible with one surgery, your proportions and your recovery will be worse though. I was refering to the height you'll get naturally. I doubt that you'll become 5'10 naturally. So 5'11 seems to be a realistic goal once you are 5'9.

ub40

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »

Hol old are you and what makes you so sure you will keep growing?

I stopped growing at 16
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Knik

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »

I'm 18 and still growing
I'm 5(8 like you and hope to be 5'9
so at 16 yo you can be 5'9
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »

"How old are you and what makes you so sure you will keep growing?

I stopped growing at 16"

Last time I went to my doctor I asked him how tall I'll be, he said likely 5'10" so that's what I'm basing it on.

Manlet

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 03:41:29 PM »

3 inches are possible with one surgery, your proportions and your recovery will be worse though. I was refering to the height you'll get naturally. I doubt that you'll become 5'10 naturally. So 5'11 seems to be a realistic goal once you are 5'9.

My proportions and recovery will be worse? What makes you say that? 3 inches wouldn't make such a big difference, (in proportions) right? Also, if I'm adding 3 inches, would I not be 6'0 after the surgery?...sorry about all the uncertainty, I don't know much about this...

Knik

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »

I think 8 cm is the maximum for one segment for a good recoovery and good proportions
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

you are young to think about ll
me my complex started around my 17 years, but I thought about the operation that half of my 17 years and now I'm 18 since 5 months
my advice is to not think about it before you turn 18, be happy and fulfilled and eat as much as possible while playing sports
I ride my bike, and I think it helps psychologically and even physically be little
you can work outside the classroom also to save money
but know that 5'8 is not small, it is slightly below the average
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »

I think 8 cm is the maximum for one segment for a good recoovery and good proportions

Good, so that'd put me at 6'0, which is my goal. Hey, is there some place, maybe a FAQ section that you can direct me to? I have a bunch of questions about proportions, recovery, maximum height I can gain, but I don't want to bother everyone.

Manlet

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 03:57:30 PM »

you are young to think about ll
me my complex started around my 17 years, but I thought about the operation that half of my 17 years and now I'm 18 since 5 months
my advice is to not think about it before you turn 18, be happy and fulfilled and eat as much as possible while playing sports
I ride my bike, and I think it helps psychologically and even physically be little
you can work outside the classroom also to save money
but know that 5'8 is not small, it is slightly below the average

Yes well this is something I really want to do as long as I can make a good recovery. I have been teased for my height for most of my life, and I want to live with confidence. I already have a lot of money saved for this specific procedure, and the only way I won't do it is if I can't make a good recovery.

Knik

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 04:04:49 PM »

teased at 5'8 for 16 yo ? Are you sure ?
Because many 16 yo guys are at that height and 5(9 5(10 when they are adult
I'm 5'8 and people think I'm 5'9 or more
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »

teased at 5'8 for 16 yo ? Are you sure ?
Because many 16 yo guys are at that height and 5(9 5(10 when they are adult
I'm 5'8 and people think I'm 5'9 or more

Y'know, actually, I'm not sure. I think I may have been lying. I'll have to think about it, I just can't seem to figure out if I was sure or not.

Knik

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »

it's possible
but in this case it means that you look small
and this is not a good point
I have a friend 5'7 and it looks very small because it has short arms, a large head and small legs
me it's the opposite, I have a small head, a long torso, short legs and long arms (for my height)
and so I never had any remarks
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »

it's possible
but in this case it means that you are small
and this is not a good point
I have a friend 5'7 and it looks very small because it has short arms, a large head and small legs
me it's the opposite, I have a small head, a long torso, short legs and long arms (for my height)
and so I never had any remarks

I have no idea what you're on about...

Knik

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 04:28:42 PM »

I'm sorry about message because its google traduction and absolutely not what i want to say

do you speak with your parents ?
Me when I talked to my parents this is very wrong
My father will not listen and mother and ultimately to think that I will intentionally destroy my body
Looking for Pili

Manlet

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »

I'm sorry about message because its google traduction and absolutely not what i want to say

do you speak with your parents ?
Me when I talked to my parents this is very wrong
My father will not listen and mother and ultimately to think that I will intentionally destroy my body

Haha, don't worry about it. No I haven't told my parents about it. I think that as long as I can be in good health after the surgery, I will do it without a doubt. I just want to be 6'0 or 6'1. That's all.

Knik

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 04:45:19 PM »

I am also sure you want to do
I actually speak with the doctor in question
except that I'm afraid to create a family crisis
Looking for Pili

LL2022

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »

I'm also 16, turning 17 in july and want ll in order to get to 5'8 (173cm)... I am currently 167cm but hope to grow 2 more cm... I think your height is a pretty decent height to be at. I would not do ll unless you are super depressed of your height like I am, i mean to the point of having suicidal thoughts.
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

Manlet

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »

I'm also 16, turning 17 in july and want ll in order to get to 5'8 (173cm)... I am currently 167cm but hope to grow 2 more cm... I think your height is a pretty decent height to be at. I would not do ll unless you are super depressed of your height like I am, i mean to the point of having suicidal thoughts.

Yes, I do have suicidal thoughts literally every day. I would be dead right now if I had the means to kill myself about a week ago. Now I'm on antidepressants, but I will always be depressed about my height.

LLCaptain

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »

Yes, I do have suicidal thoughts literally every day. I would be dead right now if I had the means to kill myself about a week ago. Now I'm on antidepressants, but I will always be depressed about my height.

That's really sad, bro. I suggest you wank it out and smoke some herb.

The good news is that most of the guys who are shorter than you on this forum have not killed themselves yet, so there is hope that you'll just get over it.

Cheers

Knik

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

smoke will stop your growth
It is relative. Social life is not all there is a spiritual or artistic life. But this kind of feeling will exclude you from society
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up