Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was your excuse for going abroad?  (Read 4980 times)

TrueSpartan

What was your excuse for going abroad?
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:38:27 AM »

Hey guys,
I am planning on doing LL exactly 13 months from now. I have my money saved up. I am just waiting to graduate university. I live with my brothers and sister and my parents live abroad, however we keep in touch constantly through Skype etc. My question to you Is what do I tell my parents when I go abroad to do LL. I am planning to say I am travelling but i dont know if it wiLL work out. What did you vets do?

Ps I will be telling my brother the truth that's it.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: What was your excuse for going abroad?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:24 AM »

Backpacking adventure.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Svensk

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:06:27 AM »

Expect that you need to share a lot of pictures and stories if you will tell them that your'e backpacking.

Wouldn't it be easier to just tell them that you're visiting a friend and work at a restaurant for a couple of months? Nothing fancy
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

Razorfin

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »

You could always say you are part of a study regarding patient life in hospital ..

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »

Have to fix Knee valgus.
I learned some stuff during this time

chineseguy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 11:31:34 AM »

study new language

TrueSpartan

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »

I was thinking of using backpacking. The problem is I will have to send them lots of pictures and tell lots of stories and when I am in frames I don't know how creative I will be. I feel like I will run out of things to say.

Patient study abroad.  That will not fly at all with my parents.

Neither will working in a restaurant abroad while visiting friends considering the degree I am about to get and past work experience I have.

I m stuck :/

Svensk

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 03:54:26 PM »

Neither will working in a restaurant abroad while visiting friends considering the degree I am about to get and past work experience I have.

That's perfect, you're there to get work experince. You didn't manage to get a job in your own city so you saw a facebook articel that a "US-company" (or what ever country you're from) did recruit workers in "LL-city" , so you could get both sun & work for cash.
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

Bruno Mars

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »

I was thinking of using backpacking. The problem is I will have to send them lots of pictures and tell lots of stories and when I am in frames I don't know how creative I will be. I feel like I will run out of things to say.

Patient study abroad.  That will not fly at all with my parents.

better to take lots and lots of picture around the city before you do it LL Then you can "update" your facebook page or whatever every day using 1 or 2 pics :))

femoral_indecency

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 04:21:30 AM »

I would be less worried about what I tell them what I was doing overseas more than the fear of being called out by my family members and friends when I returned home. That for me is the thorn in my side that would hinder me to not do LL. For example if you have to attend a funeral or something and you have a large gathering of family, friends in a single location and  BAM! "Hmmmm, you, uh, got.....taller?" 😐  😓
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

chineseguy

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 04:24:57 AM »

since i plan doing femur  on dr guichet,   and since im a chinese and i can only speak a little english,  i will say im going to UK to study english and i will post a lost of self picture everyweek .   

TrueSpartan

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 06:22:24 AM »

Hello femoral. I am quite young actually and I feel I could get away with the late growth spurt card. Also I plan on telling one of my family member before i go incase at any point i need help. Even if my whole family found out, they would only be concerned about me and would not mock me. The reason I can not tell them and must avoid all suspicon before surgury is because they wiLL try to stop me. I would end up leaving regardless and I know I would be emotionally strained throughout the whole journey then because of them.

Chinese guy your a genius. I think I found my reason along with backpacking. No pictures for a while because I am in the same city  learning a new language. Not bad at all.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »

Oh OK, how old are you if I may ask? And yeah it is a big positive to have at least one family member in the know about your intended operation in case things went south. If I did plan on doing this operation, I would not disclose my intentions nor the fact that I had received this operation (I'm kinda the black sheep of the brood) for they would definitely be minducked by it all and don't want to cause d. Anyhow, whatever you decide to do, I wish you nothing but success and hope all goes well.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

LLCaptain

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »

Chinese guy your a genius. I think I found my reason along with backpacking. No pictures for a while because I am in the same city  learning a new language. Not bad at all.

Go to the country of choice and travel for a week before surgery. Enjoy and take several months worth of photos as you tour.

I did exactly this last year.

Cheers

femoral_indecency

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 01:42:24 AM »

Lol! That is a great idea!

paddy10tellys

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »

I'm starting to feel pissed off! What is wrong with body modification? Why should I hide it wanting it? Doing it? I changed my gravatar from a real pic of me as a newbie here on the advice of more experienced members but I'm reconsidering that decision now.

"You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can change is how you react to it." Ghandi.

All this angst about disguising CLL reminds me of being afraid of being beaten for being a swot at school! All we are trying to do is enhance ourselves!
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Chris

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »

I'm not going to hide it. I've told my family already plus one of my closest classmates in university. They think I'm bonkers but will support/except it.
The earlier they know and have to think about me doing LL, the better they will deal with it when it's done. About one month before I will have my LL, I'm going to talk about it in front of my class (it's a class of less than 30 ppl.).

I've learned this from my time in high school. There was an older girl who wanted to become a man. She was brave enough to talk about it in front of my biology-class.
She even talked to me separately, because she thought I wouldn't appear to be tolerant - me, a 160-guy *lol*
Anyway, nobody had made any fun of her over the coming year. Not even when she started to grow facial hair.

It really works. Nobody will call you out or talk about you behind your back when it's an open topic and no individual person will ever harass you if it has already been kind of approved by the masses.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

I would be less worried about what I tell them what I was doing overseas more than the fear of being called out by my family members and friends when I returned home. That for me is the thorn in my side that would hinder me to not do LL. For example if you have to attend a funeral or something and you have a large gathering of family, friends in a single location and  BAM! "Hmmmm, you, uh, got.....taller?" 😐  😓
you cant even tell your family members? O mean who know abt this except yourself. Its the worst thing if you have to keep this a secret even from your family....
Pages: [1]   Go Up