Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Questions  (Read 7047 times)

LiamHayes

• Visitor
LL Questions
« on: March 26, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »

Hey guys, I could use some tips  :) This is my first ever post  :)

I have the following questions:

Question 1: which doctor should I choose for internal surgery? I have no idea where to look. I live in New York City but I do not want to do the surgery in the United States because it's too costly.

Question 2: Internal surgery is less painful than external (fixators) surgery, right?

Question 3: I had issues registering for a different forum. Am I allowed to inquire about this? There is anold forum that exists for leg lengthening and I am having problems creating an account. Is it against the rules to ask about anold forum within this forum? My hope is that someone was a member of both forums and could message an admin at the old forum for me. If this question violates any rules, then never mind  :)
28 years old, resides in New York City.
current height:       5'8'' (1.73 m)
desired height:       6'2'' (1.88 m)

LLCaptain

Re: LL Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 06:19:02 PM »

1. If you are serious about LL, you will spend a minute to look at the doctors section.

2. Pain is well documented in diaries. Breaking up with your first gf is more painful.

3. We don't talk about old forum in new forum.

Nightwish

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »

I would probably also look to change your username and remove your Facebook and e-mail...
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 06:32:05 PM »

2. Pain is well documented in diaries. Breaking up with your first gf is more painful.

Wanna share?
I learned some stuff during this time

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 07:27:28 PM »

Wanna share?

TIBIKE200, I see that your surgery is scheduled for this May. I would like to wish you good luck! I'm happy that you are far into your journey  :)

-L

-----------------------------------------------------------

And points noted, @LLCapitan and @Nightwish

- To find out more about doctors, I can look into the doctors section
- To find out the differences between internal and external (fixators) surgery, I can look into the diaries in the forum
- And old forums are not discussed

If you have any other info of some well known internal surgeon who is cheap and has a good reputation, let me know!

Nightwish

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 07:52:57 PM »

If you have any other info of some well known internal surgeon who is cheap and has a good reputation, let me know!

Ha! Dr Birkholtz is the cheapest is trust, but even then there aren't enough diaries about him to make a sound judgement. Beyond that you're probably looking at Dr Guichet as the next cheapest, ha!

Only my opinion from what I've read, but you really want to be sure you know what you're getting yourself into. Crimsontides diary and Iamready's videos are probably the best place to start with research. Oh, and you should probably lower your goal, you only get one set of legs, don't butcher them.

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:13 PM »

While this forum is a wealth of information, especially when it comes to the human/emotional side of all of this, keep in mind this is not the only place to get information.

1. There are MANY scholarly articles about LL, use google scholar to find. Keep the author in mind as you read. Most are written by orthopedic surgeons themselves, so take what you read with a grain of salt. Keep in mind for these articles that the procedures are usually done to fix discrepancies and not for cosmetic, so read both.

2. The doctor's websites.

3. The doctor's themselves. (email)

4. Patients. I have talked to 2 now, both ex-Dr. Paley patients.

5. Local orthopedic surgeon. (You'll have to pay his/her office call rate) My local doc said the surgery was "sheer insanity" unless you medically needed it, but was very helpful in explaining how the various muscles/ligaments/nerves of the lower leg function together. I got a speech on why I should never do it, but I expected that. He also insisted I was not short because I am taller than most women, which he said is all that matter's for a man. (You're in the same category my friend...I'm 5'7.5")

6. Dr. Rozbruch is in NY, I would do a consult. Just don't make an impulsive decisions right then and there...

Edit: grammar

Edit #2: 5'8 to 6'2 is wishful thinking and in my not so humble opinion, unnecessary and dangerous. Think more like 5'10-5'11 if you do this at all.

5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 08:30:57 PM »

I would probably also look to change your username and remove your Facebook and e-mail...

This.

btw,

Happy birthday the other day Liam!

What country are you originally from?
5'7.5

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »

Thank you Nightwish! I will check out the available information about the doctors you mentioned.

I am just starting out trying to get information about LL surgery, so that might be why some of my questions sounds a bit naive  :)

Thank you for all the information CCMidwest! That will help me understand this stuff a lot better and it will also help me make some decisions.

And thank you for wishing me a happy birthday bro!  :) I just turned 28. I'm from Venezuela, and I've been living in the United States since the age of 13. I lived in South Carolina until the age of 22, and I've been living in New York City for the past 6 years.

Where are you from originally man?

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »

And by the way guys, let me know if you know the link of any good posts that list out all the differences between all the different surgeries.

I've heard about LAN, Precise, External Fixator, and a few others.

I am wondering about how much each surgery costs, how painful they are, and what they are all about, like do they use magnets, or are they external, or internal, and stuff like that.

Thanks guys!

CCMidwest

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »

Thank you Nightwish! I will check out the available information about the doctors you mentioned.

I am just starting out trying to get information about LL surgery, so that might be why some of my questions sounds a bit naive  :)

Thank you for all the information CCMidwest! That will help me understand this stuff a lot better and it will also help me make some decisions.

And thank you for wishing me a happy birthday bro!  :) I just turned 28. I'm from Venezuela, and I've been living in the United States since the age of 13. I lived in South Carolina until the age of 22, and I've been living in New York City for the past 6 years.

Where are you from originally man?

In all seriousness though, I would take your personal info off of here. I know that showing your true identity shows you are not ashamed of yourself or LL, but be safe man.

Anyway,

I'm from the US.

You look young for 28, thought we had another 19 year old joining. There's a bunch of kids around here! You're 5'8 man, hardly short. Lot's of guys here get LL to be 5'7 or 5'8 AFTER surgery. Think about that point a lot.

Think long and hard about this. Stay realistic, stay grounded mentally.

Why do you want LL?
5'7.5

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »

In all seriousness though, I would take your personal info off of here. I know that showing your true identity shows you are not ashamed of yourself or LL, but be safe man.

Anyway,

I'm from the US.

You look young for 28, thought we had another 19 year old joining. There's a bunch of kids around here! You're 5'8 man, hardly short. Lot's of guys here get LL to be 5'7 or 5'8 AFTER surgery. Think about that point a lot.

Think long and hard about this. Stay realistic, stay grounded mentally.

Why do you want LL?

Yes, I get the looking young thing every now and then actually lol. People usually are surprised a little when they hear my age.

I want LL surgery because I'm attracted to tall girls. I know that some tall girls will date shorter men, but I still think it would be a great advantage to attract them.

Some of my celebrity crushes are: Kate Upton, Rosamund Pike, and Charlize Theron. You will notice that they are all tall, blonde, white women lol. (I am also very attracted to personality by the way, not just looks.)

I would love to be able to date a tall girl at least once in my life. Like a 10 in terms of looks. I feel like that's an attainable goal.

When I refer to tall women, I am talking in the 5'10 - 6'0 range (178 cm  - 183 cm range).

By the way, I decided to follow the feedback you guys were giving me and changed up my profile information a little bit.

And why do you want LL bro?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »

Yes, I get the looking young thing every now and then actually lol. People usually are surprised a little when they hear my age.

I want LL surgery because I'm attracted to tall girls. I know that some tall girls will date shorter men, but I still think it would be a great advantage to attract them.

Some of my celebrity crushes are: Kate Upton, Rosamund Pike, and Charlize Theron. You will notice that they are all tall, blonde, white women lol. (I am also very attracted to personality by the way, not just looks.)

I would love to be able to date a tall girl at least once in my life. Like a 10 in terms of looks. I feel like that's an attainable goal.

When I refer to tall women, I am talking in the 5'10 - 6'0 range (178 cm  - 183 cm range).

By the way, I decided to follow the feedback you guys were giving me and changed up my profile information a little bit.

And why do you want LL bro?

You are doing LL because you are attracted to Giraffes? Wow.....

Here is a thought; Maybe you are attracted to tall girls not because they are tall but because you believe they are out of your reach? Think about it... Once you will be taller than them, they will no longer look tall to you.

I have dated girls taller than me (And I am shorter than you)

CCMidwest

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »

My wife is 5'9, has a huge rack, and is very sexy.

I think she is pretty tall for a chick, and was well within my reach at 5'7.5

Edit: Charlize Theron? Come one man, she's not hot. lol
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 10:44:15 PM »

I want LL because I am a narcissist that doesn't like feeling inferior to anyone, because I'm rich, bored, frustrated with life, and because I think I would be more attractive if I was taller.

I am NOT considering LL because of any discrimination or because I ever struggled with women or anything of that nature. Mad respect to the men that have to put up with that crap, and that is the people this surgery is made for. (besides actual medical need)

I'm just someone that struggles with ego, not quality of life issues.
5'7.5

Nightwish

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

That does sound like a crazy reason to have LL!  :o

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »

Alright, points noted.

My decision is not definite yet. I also feel like if I was taller, I would be more attractive to women in general and more respected by people in general. I feel like taller guys are always cooler, and have more status just because of their height.

CCMidwest, those are some interesting reasons. I feel like mine are a bit similar, except I am not rich lol.

I assume my reasons are going to be similar to that of anyone who is my height and considering the surgery.

CCMidwest

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »

I'm just being honest. It's not like I can sit here and say that life has sucked at 5'7, because it hasn't.

I would guess that if a man has a bad life at our height, it's not his height that is the problem.

Game, money, social skills, style, education, etc...all can help make up for those "lost" cm's.

It never ceases to amaze me how many men don't know how to tease a woman...

That being said, there are advantages to being taller, which is where my mind is at right now. 5'9-5'10 is very tempting.

Edit: spelling
5'7.5

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »

I like your points CCMidwest.

Agreed brother!

Thatdude950

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 09:43:18 PM »

Alright, points noted.

My decision is not definite yet. I also feel like if I was taller, I would be more attractive to women in general and more respected by people in general. I feel like taller guys are always cooler, and have more status just because of their height.

CCMidwest, those are some interesting reasons. I feel like mine are a bit similar, except I am not rich lol.

I assume my reasons are going to be similar to that of anyone who is my height and considering the surgery.

you're a 28 year old child.

Razorfin

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 10:37:25 PM »

CCMidwest

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 10:41:52 PM »

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2848.0

Something I wrote a while ago.

Razor,

I have this saved on my phone from when you first wrote it and I was lurking. You have no idea how much this has helped with height neurosis. Thank you.
5'7.5

Razorfin

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:04 PM »

You're very welcome, i'm glad it helped. I'd love for it to become a sticky post so others can see it, but at the end of the day, despite (in my opinion) it's truth .. it is still just my opinion.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 10:58:40 PM »

You're very welcome, i'm glad it helped. I'd love for it to become a sticky post so others can see it, but at the end of the day, despite (in my opinion) it's truth .. it is still just my opinion.

Are you still going to do LL? BTW why is your height neurosis even existing? Since it seems you have an overall happy life...
  Mine is also because I am the shortest male in the family

Razorfin

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »

I'm looking to have LL at around 25, i've proven to myself that I can enjoy life at 5'7 and should feel privileged by the standards of some on this forum, to have that starting height.

However, I do feel strongly about having this surgery as I feel like I want to build myself into the best person I can be.

I will most likely have my first surgery on my tibia at 24-25 ish with ex-fix like yourself. I don't want to risk permanent knee pain. 6.5-7cm is what I am hoping to achieve.

The one thing I just wanted people to realise is that, women dont think of a man .. like a man thinks of himself. The same is applied to women from a male standpoint. The man doesn't care if her eye-flicks aren't perfectly mirrored, the man doesn't care if her hair doesn't blossom like a runway model. Hell, the man doesnt really care how tall the woman is ... 5ft 3 or 5ft 5 .. who gives a damn.

Getting LL to cure height neurosis is a perfectly logical and respectable reason for having this surgery.

Getting LL to make yourself a better person physically - sure, it may not be deemed by wider society as needed - but if you feel you want to do it, then again, a respectable reason for having surgery has presented itself.

Getting LL to prove to yourself that you can hit on taller women is like changing the way you talk to fit a certain group of people. You are trying to prove to yourself that you are worth their time. This is very much a beta male ideology, and will not give you the ultimate satisfaction you desire.

There is a guy on this forum who's name is DoingItForMe .. and that is who you need to do it for .. YOU.

Take the feeling of being embarrassed, the only person who gets embarrassed is you, nobody else gives a  . The tall chick at the bar, wont respect all the time and money and effort you have put in, no matter how tall you tower above her. Just imagine if, despite being taller .. she went for a guy who was the same height as you before surgery .. you'd feel crushed !

Do it because you want to be the best person you can be, do it because you can, do it because you feel you want to. Not because of the memory of some girl turning you down at the bar because you were too short. Its a weak source of motivation, fueled by the uncontrollable acceptance of others.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 12:55:31 AM »

I'm looking to have LL at around 25, i've proven to myself that I can enjoy life at 5'7 and should feel privileged by the standards of some on this forum, to have that starting height.

However, I do feel strongly about having this surgery as I feel like I want to build myself into the best person I can be.

I will most likely have my first surgery on my tibia at 24-25 ish with ex-fix like yourself. I don't want to risk permanent knee pain. 6.5-7cm is what I am hoping to achieve.

The one thing I just wanted people to realise is that, women dont think of a man .. like a man thinks of himself. The same is applied to women from a male standpoint. The man doesn't care if her eye-flicks aren't perfectly mirrored, the man doesn't care if her hair doesn't blossom like a runway model. Hell, the man doesnt really care how tall the woman is ... 5ft 3 or 5ft 5 .. who gives a damn.

Getting LL to cure height neurosis is a perfectly logical and respectable reason for having this surgery.

Getting LL to make yourself a better person physically - sure, it may not be deemed by wider society as needed - but if you feel you want to do it, then again, a respectable reason for having surgery has presented itself.

Getting LL to prove to yourself that you can hit on taller women is like changing the way you talk to fit a certain group of people. You are trying to prove to yourself that you are worth their time. This is very much a beta male ideology, and will not give you the ultimate satisfaction you desire.

There is a guy on this forum who's name is DoingItForMe .. and that is who you need to do it for .. YOU.

Take the feeling of being embarrassed, the only person who gets embarrassed is you, nobody else gives a crap. The tall chick at the bar, wont respect all the time and money and effort you have put in, no matter how tall you tower above her. Just imagine if, despite being taller .. she went for a guy who was the same height as you before surgery .. you'd feel crushed !

Do it because you want to be the best person you can be, do it because you can, do it because you feel you want to. Not because of the memory of some girl turning you down at the bar because you were too short. Its a weak source of motivation, fueled by the uncontrollable acceptance of others.

I was actually never turned down because of height (Not that I am aware of besides one single instance... But maybe I think it was because of that because I already got the height neurosis... Never asked and I never thought about it).
 Doing it for me just like anyone else should. Good luck for you :)

CCMidwest

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »

Take the feeling of being embarrassed, the only person who gets embarrassed is you, nobody else gives a crap. The tall chick at the bar, wont respect all the time and money and effort you have put in, no matter how tall you tower above her. Just imagine if, despite being taller .. she went for a guy who was the same height as you before surgery .. you'd feel crushed !

*slow clap*

Bravo man, love it. (seriously)

I agree 100%

Especially the beta male part.

And it's especially true at our height.
5'7.5
Pages: [1]   Go Up