Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'8.5-5'9 seeking to be 5'11.5 to 6'0-Am I crazy?  (Read 4015 times)

standinstrong1

• Visitor
5'8.5-5'9 seeking to be 5'11.5 to 6'0-Am I crazy?
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:08:25 AM »

Hey everyone,

So, here's a long post, I have been browsing different websites including this one every once in a blue and figured I'd finally post my thoughts. I've seriously been pondering getting this surgery over the past year. I am currently 5'9 on the dot in the morning and 5'8.5 by bed time.

I often feel that since my nutrition was not the best from 16 to 18 that I may have lost the chance of growing an inch or two. The reason being is because I was still growing during those years. I was 5'7 when I was 17 and reached my current final adult height sometime between late in my 17th year and early in my 18th year. I often felt that if I were participating in track and field as planned, consuming multivitamins, eating more "real" food more often (although I did drink tons of milk at 17), and not smoking marijuana at the time, that I may have reached 5'10. Yet, this may or may not be true because my mother is about 5'5 and my father's height 5'8.

Here's a quick synopsis of my teenage growth: age 13= 5'0, age 13.5= age 5'4, age 15= still 5'4, age 15.5= 5'7, age 17= still 5'7, age 18= 5'8.5

I keep thinking how close I was to 5'10. Sometimes I tip-toe just a smudge and I think to myself "If I had only grown a little bit more, I would tall". To me, tall starts somewhere around 5'10, after analyzing people who are this height, I truly feel that even though 5'10 is considered average, a strong 5'10 is undeniably tall to me since 5'11 is most certainly tall.

I've considered just getting the surgery to reach 5'10 but then I though, I may not be satisfied and may want to put myself through the surgery again so why not just reach for 6'0 flat? 3.5 inches seems to be the limit before complications would occur so I figure why not?

Then again, I wonder if this is just not a wise decision at all...I'm afraid that I may end up in a nightmare and not being able to walk for the rest of my life! I sure as hell don't want to walk with a limp for the rest of my life either. I'm still thinking about it because sometimes I feel so short around other people in work or school and feel that I was supposed to be taller for some reason. As far as women, I don't have problems with women but being taller could possibly increase my probability of having a wider selection of  women, which is also appealing but that would be the least significant reason for me doing this however, height isn't everything when it comes to women but of course as many would say it IS important to some extent....It would be interesting to put on leg lifts and see if I receive different experience in the "world".

What do you think?

TIBIKE200

Re: 5'8.5-5'9 seeking to be 5'11.5 to 6'0-Am I crazy?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:20:50 AM »

Hey everyone,

So, here's a long post, I have been browsing different websites including this one every once in a blue and figured I'd finally post my thoughts. I've seriously been pondering getting this surgery over the past year. I am currently 5'9 on the dot in the morning and 5'8.5 by bed time.

I often feel that since my nutrition was not the best from 16 to 18 that I may have lost the chance of growing an inch or two. The reason being is because I was still growing during those years. I was 5'7 when I was 17 and reached my current final adult height sometime between late in my 17th year and early in my 18th year. I often felt that if I were participating in track and field as planned, consuming multivitamins, eating more "real" food more often (although I did drink tons of milk at 17), and not smoking marijuana at the time, that I may have reached 5'10. Yet, this may or may not be true because my mother is about 5'5 and my father's height 5'8.

Here's a quick synopsis of my teenage growth: age 13= 5'0, age 13.5= age 5'4, age 15= still 5'4, age 15.5= 5'7, age 17= still 5'7, age 18= 5'8.5

I keep thinking how close I was to 5'10. Sometimes I tip-toe just a smudge and I think to myself "If I had only grown a little bit more, I would tall". To me, tall starts somewhere around 5'10, after analyzing people who are this height, I truly feel that even though 5'10 is considered average, a strong 5'10 is undeniably tall to me since 5'11 is most certainly tall.

I've considered just getting the surgery to reach 5'10 but then I though, I may not be satisfied and may want to put myself through the surgery again so why not just reach for 6'0 flat? 3.5 inches seems to be the limit before complications would occur so I figure why not?

Then again, I wonder if this is just not a wise decision at all...I'm afraid that I may end up in a nightmare and not being able to walk for the rest of my life! I sure as hell don't want to walk with a limp for the rest of my life either. I'm still thinking about it because sometimes I feel so short around other people in work or school and feel that I was supposed to be taller for some reason. As far as women, I don't have problems with women but being taller could possibly increase my probability of having a wider selection of  women, which is also appealing but that would be the least significant reason for me doing this however, height isn't everything when it comes to women but of course as many would say it IS important to some extent....It would be interesting to put on leg lifts and see if I receive different experience in the "world".

What do you think?

put 1 inch insoles and see if there is a difference to you that you think is big enough to make LL worth it
I learned some stuff during this time

Nightwish

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

3.5 inches is almost certainly not the height before complications occur! You can get complications at any length. You need to do a LOT more research before you can make a decision. Unless height neurosis is dehibilitatng your life you'd be absolutely nuts to do it. Also, unless you were severely anorexic or something, you will have grown to your full potential.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:15 PM »

You are not crazy for wanting this, 3,5 inches are too much though. Either pay 50 000$+ and maybe get 3inches in height or settle for less.
You have reached your genetic potential for sure, I'm 179 in the morning and drop to around 177 before bed, so I'm not that much taller than you. My parents are 6'3 and 5'9 and I slept a lot and ate pretty healthy.
Most people in western nations reach their potential, and If they don't only if they had serious problems like cancer or something. Perhaps you might have grown a couple of mm's more if you had lived healthier but I doubt that given the fact that your parents are both rather short.

aspirant185

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:00:15 AM »

You are not crazy for wanting this, 3,5 inches are too much though. Either pay 50 000$+ and maybe get 3inches in height or settle for less.
You have reached your genetic potential for sure, I'm 179 in the morning and drop to around 177 before bed, so I'm not that much taller than you. My parents are 6'3 and 5'9 and I slept a lot and ate pretty healthy.
Most people in western nations reach their potential, and If they don't only if they had serious problems like cancer or something. Perhaps you might have grown a couple of mm's more if you had lived healthier but I doubt that given the fact that your parents are both rather short.

I second that. Either do 2 inces tibias or 2.5 inches femurs and be done with it . 3.5 through one surgery is dangerous, through 2 is expensive and time consuming.

I am exactly your height and I would do LL only because my immediate surroundings consists mainly of people that are all above 6'0. However if I was among the average of my group I would never do LL.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alu

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 02:55:42 AM »

Or ask yourself OP: is it really worth it that much?

There are two ways to look at it. The first and most important thing to consider is: does being at that height cause me mental distress that prohibits me from living my day to day life? Think about it in this mindset because considering how invasive the surgery is, you'd need an extreme circumstance under which you'd want to undergo this surgery.

The second one is, say you're not distressed but just want to be taller. Do you think spending thousands of dollars on a good, competent doctor (of which I mean you'd pay 50k+ for), and breaking your perfectly healthy body would be worth it?

Things to consider.

Thatdude950

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 06:06:27 AM »

Yes, you are crazy.

patientdad

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 01:00:35 AM »

Bruno Mars

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 01:57:15 AM »

5'11 is more than enough for a man's height. Even 5'10 is good enough if you are made up with other things. Beyond that, height is a luxury really. Its good if you have the extra, but it doesnt hurt without that extra if you are good at what you do in life. Your main focus should be your career and family, not height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up