Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'8.5-5'9 wanting to be 5'11.5-6'0-Am I crazy??  (Read 11129 times)

standinstrong1

• Visitor
5'8.5-5'9 wanting to be 5'11.5-6'0-Am I crazy??
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:07:00 AM »

Hey everyone,

So, here's a long post, I have been browsing different websites including this one every once in a blue and figured I'd finally post my thoughts. I've seriously been pondering getting this surgery over the past year. I am currently 5'9 on the dot in the morning and 5'8.5 by bed time. As for age, I'm currently in my 20's..

I often feel that since my nutrition was not the best from 16 to 18 that I may have lost the chance of growing an inch or two. The reason being is because I was still growing during those years. I was 5'7 when I was 17 and reached my current final adult height sometime between late in my 17th year and early in my 18th year. I often felt that if I were participating in track and field as planned, consuming multivitamins, eating more "real" food more often (although I did drink tons of milk at 17), and not smoking marijuana at the time, that I may have reached 5'10. Yet, this may or may not be true because my mother is about 5'5 and my father's height 5'8.

Here's a quick synopsis of my teenage growth: age 13= 5'0, age 13.5= age 5'4, age 15= still 5'4, age 15.5= 5'7, age 17= still 5'7, age 18= 5'8.5

I keep thinking how close I was to 5'10. Sometimes I tip-toe just a smudge and I think to myself "If I had only grown a little bit more, I would tall". To me, tall starts somewhere around 5'10, after analyzing people who are this height, I truly feel that even though 5'10 is considered average, a strong 5'10 is undeniably tall to me since 5'11 is most certainly tall.

I've considered just getting the surgery to reach 5'10 but then I though, I may not be satisfied and may want to put myself through the surgery again so why not just reach for 6'0 flat? 3.5 inches seems to be the limit before complications would occur so I figure why not?

Then again, I wonder if this is just not a wise decision at all...I'm afraid that I may end up in a nightmare and not being able to walk for the rest of my life! I sure as hell don't want to walk with a limp for the rest of my life either. I'm still thinking about it because sometimes I feel so short around other people in work or school and feel that I was supposed to be taller for some reason. As far as women, I don't have problems with women but being taller could possibly increase my probability of having a wider selection of  women, which is also appealing but that would be the least significant reason for me doing this however, height isn't everything when it comes to women but of course as many would say it IS important to some extent....It would be interesting to put on leg lifts and see if I receive different experience in the "world".

What do you think?

onemorefoot

Re: 5'8.5-5'9 wanting to be 5'11.5-6'0-Am I crazy??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »

No man, you are not crazy, even 5 11 people want this surgery.Personally I want it because when a person get older loses height, so imagine almost all here would stay even shorter!!!!!!!
Budget will determine my future.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:08:33 PM »

No man, you are not crazy, even 5 11 people want this surgery.Personally I want it because when a person get older loses height, so imagine almost all here would stay even shorter!!!!!!!

But all the other older people lose height too, so you're still on the same level playing field. You'll also lose less by strengthening your core and keeping good posture.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

aussieboy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 11:18:48 PM »

No... Here in Australians the average white young dude is about six feet ;(
Australians are taller than Brits etc

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »

Yes people of the same generation lose height, but I would really feel bad if in  future generation a 12-13 years person is a lot taller than me. Maybe you can say feeding improves= height increases(is inevitable that future people arent taller but at least not a lot).I believe that actual sacrifices would be future rewards.

rock112

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »

Just move to LA. With the diversity I saw there 5'7-5'8 is the average. And the lifestyle is incredible. While waiting in line at a ride in Disney, I felt semi-normal for the first time in life. I'm 5'3 (5'4.5 with sneakers), the dude in front of me must of been 5'4 with wife and kids, in front of him probably 5'5 with girlfriend. Then, later in the que I see a dude who's 5'2 with his wife and kids. And these guys were all different ethnicites/races, whites/latinos/asians.

I even took a tour around Hollywood. You see all the actor's costumes. Superman's suit was a LOT smaller in real life than I had thought, I thought he'd be 6'2-6'3 (knowing how girls feel about that height). Nope, it seemed like the suit was made for someone who was 5'8'5-'9 tops.

And the lifestyle is so so nice. The incredible weather, the "California" girls (that all look like Kylie Jenner these days), all the possibilities for amusement/entertainment, the beach, etc..

If you're in Sweden/The Netherlands/Denmark anywhere where 6'1-6'2 is the REAL average (you know, eyeball average, not statistical and including tons of old people). Just come to LA. You'll be 100% fine. Tons of actors and celebrities are under 5'9, in fact I'd say more are under 5'9 than above.

Remember, this is all relative. A 5'9 dude in Sweden probably feels super short when everyone around him is 4-5 inches taller. When I was in California, seeing someone past 6'1 was really rare and they really stood out in the crowds. I would say 5'9 in Sweden is equivalent to being 5'5 in California.

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 09:05:17 PM »

Just move to LA. With the diversity I saw there 5'7-5'8 is the average. And the lifestyle is incredible. While waiting in line at a ride in Disney, I felt semi-normal for the first time in life. I'm 5'3 (5'4.5 with sneakers), the dude in front of me must of been 5'4 with wife and kids, in front of him probably 5'5 with girlfriend. Then, later in the que I see a dude who's 5'2 with his wife and kids. And these guys were all different ethnicites/races, whites/latinos/asians.

Alu and I had a long conversation about this before (outside the forum)

Diversity helps short guys tremendously.

Don't live in a homogenized, "all-American white boy" area like I do.

It helps for other things too, like jobs, business, dating, etc...
5'7.5

Mivsta101

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »

If i had your height i wouldnt do it. The only reason i want LL is to be at the least 5'8 or 5'10. I do see how your dreading on how close you were to 5'10. You should feel lucky at 5'8.5 man. Im 5'5 barely and i believe its because my growth was stunted from not eating enough of getting enough nutrition to shoot me up a few inches. At 16 I was 5'4. Then from then on, i didnt grow because of malnutrition imo. You say you in your 20s so maybe it might be to late to make up for the lack of growth. When did you hit puberty bro? I hit mines at 15 so im hoping i can prompt some kind of catch up growth before i turn 21.

ub40

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »

I think it's where you are specifically and not necessarily race. I've been to Oklahoma, Texas, New York State and Washington state and I only felt short in Texas. I've also worked in northern Canada which is predominantly white and I never felt too short at my old height of 5'7.

Having said that we had a group of around 20 come up north for a work project and the shortest guy was probably 6'3. They were from one of those Midwest states, one of them said it's the hormones in the beef which I believed since there was a couple of minorities  in that group as well
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 04:54:38 PM »

CristianTheCuban, so you grew up an inch after 16, 5 4 to 5 5?

Mivsta101

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »

CristianTheCuban, so you grew up an inch after 16, 5 4 to 5 5?

Im not even sure bro. The last time i got my height checked i was 5'5 but i had shoes on. Im not sure if i was on the higher or lower end of 5'5. But at 16 i got measured also with shoes on and i was 5'4. So maybe there was an inch or so gained. I know for certain i havent grown in the last year or two. So if i gained that inch it was before turning 17. I have 7 months till i reach 20, so i hope i can precipitate some kind of catch up growth if my plates are really still open, because ive been malnourished basically all my life. I wouldnt call it malnourished but i didnt eat enough to gain significant weight, but i will do this now at 19 and i hope its not too late for me. Im a late bloomer so i still have some hope if my legs and hips are still not fused

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 02:13:54 PM »

Yes mate, dont worry if you are a late bloomer you could gain a little more, there can be long periods of time when you dont gain height because your body is working in other things, but after a rest you do it again. I believe that you will grow in the spine, because is the last phase on growth and maybe reach 5 6.5.

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 04:21:01 AM »

I think it's where you are specifically and not necessarily race. I've been to Oklahoma, Texas, New York State and Washington state and I only felt short in Texas. I've also worked in northern Canada which is predominantly white and I never felt too short at my old height of 5'7.

Having said that we had a group of around 20 come up north for a work project and the shortest guy was probably 6'3. They were from one of those Midwest states, one of them said it's the hormones in the beef which I believed since there was a couple of minorities  in that group as well

Welcome to my world.

The only place I have felt short in the USA is in the upper Midwest. Especially around the Sioux Native American's. My God they are tall people. There was a Bureau of Indian Affairs report I read once that said the Oglalla Sioux had an average young female height of 5'9. I've been trying to find that report, but no luck. I believe that would make them the tallest women in the world.

I went to a conference with my 6' business partner the other day...we were the shortest guys in the room. (about 30 men)

I believe the average here is 5'11 for men though.
5'7.5

ub40

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 11:21:16 AM »

Welcome to my world.

The only place I have felt short in the USA is in the upper Midwest. Especially around the Sioux Native American's. My God they are tall people. There was a Bureau of Indian Affairs report I read once that said the Oglalla Sioux had an average young female height of 5'9. I've been trying to find that report, but no luck. I believe that would make them the tallest women in the world.

I went to a conference with my 6' business partner the other day...we were the shortest guys in the room. (about 30 men)

I believe the average here is 5'11 for men though.

It has to suck man, even when I went to Norway I didn't feel that short, because even though you see a few 7+ giants most people aren't too tall past 5'10-6'. The midwest guys were seriously a foot taller than most of us.

Since you seem to be financially stable why don't you consider moving elsewhere. I mean America truly has some beautiful places. Height reasons aside, California, Oregon, Washington State are absolutely amazing. Always been a fan of Miami and New York City as well. Hell you could probably live in Hawaii where most people are horizontally tall :)
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 11:25:16 AM »

California, Oregon, Washington State are absolutely amazing.
Co-incidence that all 3 have weed legalized? :-* Beautiful indeed.

CCMidwest

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »

It has to suck man, even when I went to Norway I didn't feel that short, because even though you see a few 7+ giants most people aren't too tall past 5'10-6'. The midwest guys were seriously a foot taller than most of us.

Since you seem to be financially stable why don't you consider moving elsewhere. I mean America truly has some beautiful places. Height reasons aside, California, Oregon, Washington State are absolutely amazing. Always been a fan of Miami and New York City as well. Hell you could probably live in Hawaii where most people are horizontally tall :)

I grew up in portland, Oregon. I plan to move back there. Probably Vancouver, WA though, to avoid Oregon's income tax.
5'7.5

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »

No, you're not crazy. Having made this transition, I can assure you the increase is meaningful and worthwhile.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I actually started puberty at 13. I could tell because that was when my shoulders got much wider and my neck became temporarily too long lol. Also, my classmates started telling me that my chest was getting bigger. So, it was 13 for sure.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 09:27:30 PM »

You are not.

Everyone has different purpose of LL. It's not like everyone doing LL is an athlete. I personally know people with 5'11 starting height doing this surgery for modelling.

I am close to 6'0 now, I've lengthened my tibia already, and I'm considering another surgery on my femur.

Just be aware of the name of this surgery, it's called COSMETIC Limb Lengthening. Although someone's going to be unhappy if I say this, it's basically another kind of plastic surgery.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 09:28:36 PM »

I grew up in portland, Oregon. I plan to move back there. Probably Vancouver, WA though, to avoid Oregon's income tax.

YAY for Portland 8)

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 09:41:37 PM »

Wow, it must be awesome to be just under 6 feet now! How long ago was your surgery and do you feel that you can be as active with activities like martial arts or long distance running (I don't know if any of these interest you but was curious)? How long was it until you could walk without assistance?

I actually just got a pair of lifts for the first time in the mail which add .75 inches to my height. I felt like I had a little growth spurt! I feel that it somewhat has changed the way that some people have looked at me but it may be because I feel more confident for any little boost in height gain. Would still be awesome to wake up be 5'11 though! If that happened, I would be over the moon! I can say that I feel much better with the lifts since they still look normal when I take off my shoes, I may not do the surgery after all but I am curious to see how others similar in height to me went through this process.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:26 PM »

Yet, this may or may not be true because my mother is about 5'5 and my father's height 5'8.

You still came up pretty lucky.

I got almost everything from my mom side but well... my uncles are 6'7 and i'm 5'5.

Btw i really need to stop reading topics with 5'9 people wanting to get this surgery.

Alu

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 10:18:47 PM »

I got almost everything from my mom side but well... my uncles are 6'7 and i'm 5'5.

Btw i really need to stop reading topics with 5'9 people wanting to get this surgery.

Just remember you're getting the crazy perspective on things. Remember just how many people there are in the world and how many of them go about their lives just fine.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »

I am seriously second guessing it because I have been working out a lot lately and plan to lose 35 lbs of fat over the next few months. I know that if I got back to being ripped and keep wearing the lifts I feel that my self-image would be better. I have tried my .75 inch lifts and felt incredible walking around. After I get ripped I believe my mind may change completely but I am still thinking about it. I can say that the lifts have already made a significant impact for me after seeing that I reached 5'10.5 with the lifts and 5'11 being so close. I wish that I could say that I were 5'10 but it's not so bad, I feel even better about saying 5'9 now with the lifts.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 10:33:07 PM »

I am seriously second guessing it because I have been working out a lot lately and plan to lose 35 lbs of fat over the next few months. I know that if I got back to being ripped and keep wearing the lifts I feel that my self-image would be better. I have tried my .75 inch lifts and felt incredible walking around. After I get ripped I believe my mind may change completely but I am still thinking about it. I can say that the lifts have already made a significant impact for me after seeing that I reached 5'10.5 with the lifts and 5'11 being so close. I wish that I could say that I were 5'10 but it's not so bad, I feel even better about saying 5'9 now with the lifts.

I use to think that 5'10 people were crazy but there are people out there who are 6' in places that still feel short compared to average for their race or area and I began to see why people feel the way they do. Especially if you have female family members who tell you your supposed to be taller, even at 5'10 you it can effect your mindset.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »

Just remember you're getting the crazy perspective on things. Remember just how many people there are in the world and how many of them go about their lives just fine.

I know it's a problem with "inner" me(which i try to fight with but i rarely succeed) and not just my image.

I get what you mean.

And that's the spirit. Working out really improves self-esteem and even if not much, it's still good to be healthy and in good shape.

I use to think that 5'10 people were crazy but there are people out there who are 6' in places that still feel short compared to average for their race or area and I began to see why people feel the way they do. Especially if you have female family members who tell you your supposed to be taller, even at 5'10 you it can effect your mindset.

I get it why you would want this, my last sentence was about me, not you. Sorry if it sounded that way.
There is still difference between being short and feeling short but i get what you mean.

I'm living in a tall european country myself and heard 5'11 guys whinning that they are not tall enough.

Anyway, i recommend to think about LL as a last resort.

Best of luck.

OregonMade

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 11:19:14 PM »

Bro listen,

I just got the surgery done in february, and I am still in recovery.  I got the surgery done in India, and guess what the experience has taught me.  After reflecting on the moments where I would feel short I realized that basically, I would only feel short in only very specific situations.  One of those situations was clubs, but looking back I don't know why I didn't just buy lifts for those moments only.  I didn't but I should of.  Also, after traveling to India, I realized that I am actually pretty tall.  Then I realized that places all over the world have short people. If you are the traveler type just travel to a shorter country, and see how you feel afterwards.  So basically bro if shoe lifts for social events, and or work are not enough then try moving to another country.  If that is not an option then get the surgery.  But this surgery is no fking joke bro.   s real.  I think that lifts, and improving yourself in other ways will boost your confidence.  One that has worked for my confidence is to work on my seduction skills.  Good luck. 

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »

If you're 5'9+ and trying to get leg lengthening, there's no question that you're mentally weak/a loser. And how could someone so tormented that they're "only average height and not tall enough" possibly have the right mentality or the discipline to go through leg lengthening and the post op care? The thing is, they won't and that's why they go to crap doctors, then after they get messed up they do mental gymnastics and say "I may not be able to run, squat, or wake up without pain in my calves, but at least I'm 6 feet tall now! Tee hee. All you guys against me are just jealous you'll never be this tall!" Not to mention they add to the dumbassery by making things up like "The average 13 year old is 6 feet tall!" Or "Half the women on the street are taller than me at 5'11!"

Grow some back bones. The truth is that you 5'10 and up guys getting this are p***ies and getting leg lengthening isn't going to change that. You'll still be a p***y but now just a taller one with less functional legs.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

onemorefoot

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »

Sometimes you just want to be the best version of yourself that is not a bad, the opposite is mediocre.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 06:04:12 AM »

If limb lengthening is just as common as breast augmentation, I doubt you'll say that. lol

"Average at X is 5'3 so you should move there." - why don't you move to Antarctica? Average there is 0.

Again, people do plastic surgery for different intentions - same for LL. Calling out other people losers is just a justification for the reason for you to do this surgery and an unwillingness for other people with your post-op height to get taller because you're scared of being inferior again. In fact taller people usually can get more lengthening than shorter people (that's what Salameh told me). So you become crippled earlier than 5'10+ people if they do this procedure.

Wow, it must be awesome to be just under 6 feet now! How long ago was your surgery and do you feel that you can be as active with activities like martial arts or long distance running (I don't know if any of these interest you but was curious)? How long was it until you could walk without assistance?

I actually just got a pair of lifts for the first time in the mail which add .75 inches to my height. I felt like I had a little growth spurt! I feel that it somewhat has changed the way that some people have looked at me but it may be because I feel more confident for any little boost in height gain. Would still be awesome to wake up be 5'11 though! If that happened, I would be over the moon! I can say that I feel much better with the lifts since they still look normal when I take off my shoes, I may not do the surgery after all but I am curious to see how others similar in height to me went through this process.

I sit in wheelchair most of the time for like 14-15 months, and 6 months later that I can walk long distance without any issues. I started running at around 2.5 years mark, and I haven't tried martial arts yet sadly.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 06:06:38 AM »

Bro listen,

I just got the surgery done in february, and I am still in recovery.  I got the surgery done in India, and guess what the experience has taught me.  After reflecting on the moments where I would feel short I realized that basically, I would only feel short in only very specific situations.  One of those situations was clubs, but looking back I don't know why I didn't just buy lifts for those moments only.  I didn't but I should of.  Also, after traveling to India, I realized that I am actually pretty tall.  Then I realized that places all over the world have short people. If you are the traveler type just travel to a shorter country, and see how you feel afterwards.  So basically bro if shoe lifts for social events, and or work are not enough then try moving to another country.  If that is not an option then get the surgery.  But this surgery is no fking joke bro.  craps real.  I think that lifts, and improving yourself in other ways will boost your confidence.  One that has worked for my confidence is to work on my seduction skills.  Good luck.

YAY FOR OREGON AYYY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up