Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm going to do it.  (Read 2856 times)

brickbom

• Visitor
I'm going to do it.
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to do LL. I'm considered average in  the US (I could be very well 5'10.) but I'm disappointed with my legs. They are very short and that needs to be fixed. Where is the best place to get 6.5-7cm LL in the  tibias for under 50k?

TIBIKE200

Re: I'm going to do it.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:44:51 AM »

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to do LL. I'm considered average in  the US (I could be very well 5'10.) but I'm disappointed with my legs. They are very short and that needs to be fixed. Where is the best place to get 6.5-7cm LL in the  tibias for under 50k?

Catagni, Pilli, Barinov (in my humble opinion)
I learned some stuff during this time

Knik

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »

internal or external ?
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 12:33:53 PM »

Internal tibias isn't smart tbh. You risk knee pain for the rest of your life and 6-7cm's is too much for the lower legs anyways.
Get your femurs legthened, only then internals are really worth the price. You are aware of the pain and time it takes to get this done? If your goal is aestethics, you shoudln't do more than 3cm's (4 at most), above that your tibias can start to look disproportionately long.
When do you plan to get the surgery done?

Edit: I assumed it was about internals  ;D
Catagni, Pilli, Birkholtz, Monegal (femur)
All of them are below 50k

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 12:50:28 PM »

Internal tibias isn't smart tbh. You risk knee pain for the rest of your life and 6-7cm's is too much for the lower legs anyways.
Get your femurs legthened, only then internals are really worth the price. You are aware of the pain and time it takes to get this done? If your goal is aestethics, you shoudln't do more than 3cm's (4 at most), above that your tibias can start to look disproportionately long.
When do you plan to get the surgery done?

Edit: I assumed it was about internals  ;D
Catagni, Pilli, Birkholtz, Monegal (femur)
All of them are below 50k

It's much better to lengthen 5-7cm on tibias than on femurs if we are talking about proportions.... Having short as f*ck tibias with long femurs is not exactly good in terms of aesthetics.

Do external tibias and do between 4-7cm if you just want to improve aesthetics... For your height I will go fo 5cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »

It's much better to lengthen 5-7cm on tibias than on femurs if we are talking about proportions.... Having short as f*ck tibias with long femurs is not exactly good in terms of aesthetics.

Do external tibias and do between 4-7cm if you just want to improve aesthetics... For your height I will go fo 5cm
The difference bewtween my tibias and femurs is only 7cm´s, so often times your tibias and femurs will have the same length after 7cm´s of lengthening. There is no way equally long segments are aestetic. Longer tibias do look better imo, so I agree with you.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »

The difference bewtween my tibias and femurs is only 7cm´s, so often times your tibias and femurs will have the same length after 7cm´s of lengthening. There is no way equally long segments are aestetic. Longer tibias do look better imo, so I agree with you.

when they are the same length it's the upper max in terms of aesthetics... Also, you are 178... You can do 5cm on tibias

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »

when they are the same length it's the upper max in terms of aesthetics... Also, you are 178... You can do 5cm on tibias
But not when it comes to your biomechanis, there is a reason humans have a ratio of around 1/0,8. If there was an evolutionary advantage in equally long segments we would all have them this way by now.
It also looks bad imo, simply because it´s very unnatural if they have the same length, but everyone has to decide this personally I guess.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »

But not when it comes to your biomechanis, there is a reason humans have a ratio of around 1/0,8. If there was an evolutionary advantage in equally long segments we would all have them this way by now.
It also looks bad imo, simply because it´s very unnatural if they have the same length, but everyone has to decide this personally I guess.

Swimmers and runners have long tibiae... no one really looks at the length of your tibias... Usually you are being obsereved from the knee and up.. It's only us LLer's that think about proportions this much... I also dont see how elongating the tibia changes the bio-mechanics that much... It would have been if we would stay the same height with longer tibias... But since our knee is going up, the bio-mechanics stay pretty much the same.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up