Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on managing Precise lengthening process  (Read 1946 times)

forex

• Visitor
Advice on managing Precise lengthening process
« on: February 16, 2014, 02:01:47 AM »

Hi, I am 166cm tall and have decided to lengthen in April with Dr M using precise 2.  I live 15 hours flight away from the office of Dr M so I intend to do the surgery and then two weeks later fly home. Hope to god I don't get DVT. I need some advice on the following:

1) Because I will be wheelchair bound how do I get on and off the plane? I understand that someone can assist from the airport to the plane but while on the plane how do I stand, go to bathroom and walk from the wheelchair onto the plane at the gate if no weight bearing allowed more than 10 sec?

2) Unfortunately I do not have anybody to help me. Those who have lengthened with precise and particularly precise 2, can you advise if I go to work how am I getting to the bus stop, on the bus etc to go to work?  Is walker ok or crutches or must it be wheelchair? I am talking about distances of 200-300m

3) PT - Can you advise the type of PT I need to do daily. how exactly do you get out of the wheelchair without placing a lot of weight on the legs.  I did look at the pros and cons of weight bearing vs precise and landed with precise because of the painless distraction process. Yes it will be a massive discomfort to be in wheelchair

4) At night while sleeping say I want to wake up and go to bathroom, How do you go if the bathroom is 15 metres away?  This requires more than the 10second rule Dr M refers to for using a walker.

5) How do you have a shower?

6) I know lengthening by precise is 3 times per day. Is this morning , lunch and night?  How will I do this if at work. Do I need to carry this precise case with me everywhere I go?

7) Prep stretching - What are the absolute must do stretches before surgery?  I was thinking bending over and touching toes for hamstrings to try to palm floor, lifting each leg from behind my body for the quad muscles.  Anything else which is must do?

8) How soon after I go home can I lift upper body weights e.g. bench press, lateral pulldown

9) What type of cardio should I do at home? Other than bike do you think a rowing machine is a good option?

10) who else has travelled a long distance home for lengthening. How often did you go back to see the doctor?

I think it will be a tough 3 months being wheelchair bound and I would just like to understand if in fact wheelchair all the time is a must do and how often I would need to fly back to USA. I weigh 70kg.

Thanks a lot in advance.....

forex.

BilateralDamage

Re: Advice on managing Precise lengthening process
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 03:42:37 AM »

These are all good questions your doctor should be able to answer.  But, I don't recommend at all that you fly back home after 2 weeks.  You should be with your doctor throughout the entire lengthening process so he can monitor your progress through x-rays and check for complications.

forex

• Visitor
Re: Advice on managing Precise lengthening process
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »

Thanks I tend to agree with you in practice however I simply cannot and more importantly the doctor said he encourages all his people to return home during lengthening even those from overseas
Pages: [1]   Go Up