Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 (7.5 cms) with one or two surgeries?  (Read 3894 times)

Bruno Mars

3 (7.5 cms) with one or two surgeries?
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:36:34 AM »

Hi guys,
I have been considering these 2 options for a while now.
I could either do 7.5 cm in one shot in my femurs, or break it into 2 different surgeries: 4 or 4.5 in femurs and 3 or 3.5 in tibias.
Assume that money is not the biggest issue, how would you evaluate these 2 options? How would they affect my physical ability post surgery? Would I have a better chance to recover fully with 2 surgeries? Proportion wise, the 2nd option is definitely better.
cheers!  :)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: 3 (7.5 cms) with one or two surgeries?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:03:21 AM »

Aesthetically it would look better to split it and it's less of a strain on your soft tissues.

Still, two surgeries means double the money, double the time, double the chance complications.

Have to ask yourself if doing two surgeries is worth the extra risk.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Bruno Mars

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:19:17 AM »

Aesthetically it would look better to split it and it's less of a strain on your soft tissues.

Still, two surgeries means double the money, double the time, double the chance complications.

Have to ask yourself if doing two surgeries is worth the extra risk.
Hi Kilo,
Thank you for your opinion.
In term of money, I have around $100k . So if I go for femurs, I can go all the way with Guichet. If I do two, I might have to consider Femurs with Dr Jamal, and Tibias done in India. Do they have internal for tibias in India? And how much would it cost me if I stay there for 3 cms of lengthening?

jaymorgan712

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »

Bruno, I sent you a pm.

By the way, Dr. Paley has stated many times that you can do two different surgeries in a 3-4 week period. You can get 5 centimetres in the femur and 4 centimetres in the tibia. You best bet is to do 4 centimetres in the femur and 4 in the tibia making it even! :)
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Nightwish

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »

Hi Kilo,
In term of money, I have around $100k . So if I go for femurs, I can go all the way with Guichet. If I do two, I might have to consider Femurs with Dr Jamal, and Tibias done in India. Do they have internal for tibias in India? And how much would it cost me if I stay there for 3 cms of lengthening?

I would consult with Guichet and go from there. His view may well be that your body would not be capable of 7.5cm anyway, which would help guide you towards a decision.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

texasbruce

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »

Hi Kilo,

100k only takes you to one surgery with a GOOD doc. Don't go to second class ones, just look at all the terrible diaries. Plus 7.5cm should really be done in just one surgery.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »

Hi Kilo,

Sarin does the HLN but I haven't heard of any internal tibia cases with him yet nor would I risk going to him.

The only other internal option is the Precice nail. I believe most docs in India could get it, but it costs $17,000 per nail (due to import taxes I think) and the only one who has used it (Dr Shah) has a single case with an unknown outcome right now.

That said, unless you're terribly worried about scarring, I don't think going the internal route for tibia lengthening is worth the extra cost. Why not go with LON?

Bruno Mars

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »

Sarin does the HLN but I haven't heard of any internal tibia cases with him yet nor would I risk going to him.

The only other internal option is the Precice nail. I believe most docs in India could get it, but it costs $17,000 per nail (due to import taxes I think) and the only one who has used it (Dr Shah) has a single case with an unknown outcome right now.

That said, unless you're terribly worried about scarring, I don't think going the internal route for tibia lengthening is worth the extra cost. Why not go with LON?
Scars and the time of lengthening are 2 most important reasons for me. How long do you think it will take me for 3 cms in tibias? I cant stay away from school/work for more than 5 months.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 02:28:47 AM »

Scars and the time of lengthening are 2 most important reasons for me. How long do you think it will take me for 3 cms in tibias? I cant stay away from school/work for more than 5 months.

It took me from the beginning of July to October 15th to finish distraction for 6 cm. If you do LON you'll have the frames off before the 5 month period and can at least get back to work using a walker or crutches by that point.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:42:52 AM »

It took me from the beginning of July to October 15th to finish distraction for 6 cm. If you do LON you'll have the frames off before the 5 month period and can at least get back to work using a walker or crutches by that point.
So internal tibias should take less than that?

chineseguy

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 04:39:47 AM »

isnt internal
tibias bad?

Bruno Mars

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 08:34:15 AM »

The knee pain thing? Then LON is just as bad.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »

You could do that in 1 (internal femur)surgery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up