Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctors and prices, can they lie without repercussion?  (Read 8492 times)

Wannabegiant

Doctors and prices, can they lie without repercussion?
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »

So I have now been told by Dr. Bagirov himself that the price for surgery is 6000-6500 euros in Moscow, while a staffmember on his website told me twice that the price in Moscow was 16.000 euros. I had heard from several sources that the price was 6000 USD before, but apparantly that price seems to be for Baku, Azerbadjan.

However when the Dr and his staff that works on the clinic give me different answers about price in Moscow I dont know who or what to trust anymore.

If I go to Moscow for consultation after he has said in email to me that the price is 6000-6500 euros, can he change that price once i have arrived, essentially lying and taking advantage of the fact that ive already traveled to Moscow? Or is there some law that protects me here? (i doubt it)

It would suck so bad to go pay for a ticket, waste time getting visa, fly there, only to hear that they lied about the price and it will be to expensive all of the sudden.

crimsontide

Re: Doctors and prices, can they lie without repercussion?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »

this is why i backed out with bagirov... he  directed me to  2 other people to handle everything, and i did not feel comfortable... this was before your experience... just had a bad feeling...

i would not go if i were you, think about this... the people telling you  it is 16000 euro are people dr bagirov  told you to deal with.  this does not look good, anyway you try to look at it

Wannabegiant

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:04:49 PM »

this is why i backed out with bagirov... he  directed me to  2 other people to handle everything, and i did not feel comfortable... this was before your experience... just had a bad feeling...

i would not go if i were you, think about this... the people telling you  it is 16000 euro are people dr bagirov  told you to deal with.  this does not look good, anyway you try to look at it

Yes, but at the same time, those assistants of his, they seem to have trouble with the english language, they sometimes use russian words in the sentences and typos are common, maybe the 16000 was a typo for 6000? although unlikely since she did it twice. However it wouldnt surprise me if they where to stupid to keep up with all the correct information.

But if the big guy himself (Bagirov) says a price, then how to make sure he doesnt lie? shouldnt some kind of law prevent stuff like that?

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »

Sounds like someone's taking a commission. Medical Tourism, err'body!  :D

Wannabegiant

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »

what do you mean? haha please eloaborate  :P

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »

has Apo infested Moscow too? :D
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »

what do you mean? haha please eloaborate  :P

If there are intermediaries involved in a transaction and if the intermediaries suddenly add €6000 to the cost, well.. Should've been more subtle about it  :P

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »

has Apo infested Moscow too? :D

IN SOVIET RUSSIA LEG LENGTHENS YOU.
 8)

Wannabegiant

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 12:03:41 AM »

If there are intermediaries involved in a transaction and if the intermediaries suddenly add €6000 to the cost, well.. Should've been more subtle about it  :P

Alright gotcha, but jokes aside, this has me a bit frightened. I mean i cannot imagine a proffessional hospital/clinic lying to their customers, fooling them to travel all over the world to them just to screw them over, not only would that hurt peoples lives, they would end up losing money with no gain, as people might not be able to afford the "real" price which they werent told about.

Complications during surgery is one thing, those things are unpredictable, but lying about price is intentional and even evil I would say, if they really would do that.

Then again I live in Sweden and that kind of behaviour would be unacceptable and unheard of here, but in Russia it might be different..

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 03:59:53 AM »

its worth saying though that his assistant seem very "dopey", like she isnt able to keep track on a lot of things, her english is pretty bad, many typos. Maybe 16.000 was a typo for 6.000, although i doubt it because she typed 16.000 twice. Wouldnt surprise me if she didnt know what the actual price is though.

Im gonna mention to her once the weekend is over that Bagirov told me about the cheaper price and see what she has to say about that..

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »

Alright gotcha, but jokes aside, this has me a bit frightened. I mean i cannot imagine a proffessional hospital/clinic lying to their customers, fooling them to travel all over the world to them just to screw them over, not only would that hurt peoples lives, they would end up losing money with no gain, as people might not be able to afford the "real" price which they werent told about.

Complications during surgery is one thing, those things are unpredictable, but lying about price is intentional and even evil I would say, if they really would do that.

Then again I live in Sweden and that kind of behaviour would be unacceptable and unheard of here, but in Russia it might be different..

I think most CLL docs 'lies' too. Just that they are better at it so you won't notice. You really think Dr Betzs 25k for titaium replacement is really that much? nails cost few k's, the operation theatre may cost upto 15k which is an upper limit. 
Neither does his price for the LL itself make sense. As I said, most CLL docs are ripping us off. We can only hope for more sympathic docs like Franz and Donghoon who atleast appear to be honest with their pricing.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »

I think most CLL docs 'lies' too. Just that they are better at it so you won't notice. You really think Dr Betzs 25k for titaium replacement is really that much? nails cost few k's, the operation theatre may cost upto 15k which is an upper limit. 
Neither does his price for the LL itself make sense. As I said, most CLL docs are ripping us off. We can only hope for more sympathic docs like Franz and Donghoon who atleast appear to be honest with their pricing.

Yeah, i guess additional costs that werent mentioned might come up in case of complications etc, like the replacements you mentioned. However, they cannot change the price we agreed to for the surgery itself after I arrive or can they? I mean cant I use his email letter as proof somehow? xD Seriously with proof I would think I could sue him if he changed the price after I already wasted money to travel there.

mediocre

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »

I don't think your lawsuit will go elsewhere in the countries mentioned. You'll be spending more money too.

I say this is a red flag, and there is no guarantee that the price agreed would be the final price.

Yeah, i guess additional costs that werent mentioned might come up in case of complications etc, like the replacements you mentioned. However, they cannot change the price we agreed to for the surgery itself after I arrive or can they? I mean cant I use his email letter as proof somehow? xD Seriously with proof I would think I could sue him if he changed the price after I already wasted money to travel there.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »

I don't think your lawsuit will go elsewhere in the countries mentioned. You'll be spending more money too.

I say this is a red flag, and there is no guarantee that the price agreed would be the final price.

Well I have to take the risk i guess, ive already wasted so much time and there is no guarantee that any doctor can be trusted really. I dont think it would be wise for them to lie though because in many cases they would lose customers doing that, and essentially gain nothing, also I would spread the info to all you guys so he would get very bad reputation doing it and lose even more in the long run.

crimsontide

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »

i would not take the risk.... wannabe, you  seem to be in denial here and just want to believe everything will be ok... you are making a mistake im pretty sure....   im fairly confident that the price will wind up being significantly more than $6000 usd

Wannabegiant

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11:25 PM »

i would not take the risk.... wannabe, you  seem to be in denial here and just want to believe everything will be ok... you are making a mistake im pretty sure....   im fairly confident that the price will wind up being significantly more than $6000 usd

Yeah but Im already aware that it will be more than 6000 USD, that was never the actual price, only for Baku Azerbadjan but only for surgery.. and then 1000 for renting an apartment a month and more money for food, then again that was 3 years ago, probably a bit more expensive today.

The Dr has told me the actual price for the surgery and 6 days at the hospital is 6000 Euros in Moscow (and nobody other than his clumsy assistant has told me anything different about the price in Moscow, and she seems way less reliable than the doctor himself), and for staying at the hospital longer was on average 80 euro per day. I dont think he can go back on his word after saying this to me. Afterall I have his mails as evidence, and there is a Swedish Embassy in Moscow fortunately. It could end up bad for him to lie about the price. Now if it ends up more expensive due to complications then that would fair.

I have to take this risk.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »

Actually, €16,000 is a normal price for external fixation lengthening. External fixation in Turkey costs around the same so that's my benchmark for comparison. At €6,000, I would question the legitimacy of the clinic. It sounds way too cheap to be a good service.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:55 PM »

Actually, €16,000 is a normal price for external fixation lengthening. External fixation in Turkey costs around the same so that's my benchmark for comparison. At €6,000, I would question the legitimacy of the clinic. It sounds way too cheap to be a good service.

Well that depends on what is included in the 16.000 euro price. I assume that is for extended stay at hospital with accommodation. In this clinic im attending, the 6000 euro is for the surgery and 5-6 days stay only, then you can either decide to fly home or stay longer for 80 euro a day on average. So if one where to stay 1 month, then it would be close to 9000 euro total (surgery included) anyway, so it seems closer in price when you get down to it.

crimsontide

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 01:06:46 AM »

Dr bagirov is to me an unknown. .. 1 Or 2 people supposedly went to him. ... Im Glad I took ant's advice

Blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:04 AM »

Dr bagirov is to me an unknown. .. 1 Or 2 people supposedly went to him. ... Im Glad I took ant's advice

What was Ants advice?
Pages: [1]   Go Up