Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will 2 inch even make a difference?  (Read 7606 times)

stanmarsh

• Visitor
will 2 inch even make a difference?
« on: March 05, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »

i have felt very depressed about my height. i am a height where 19 of 20 every guys are taller than me and 1 of 2 girls are taller than me. i have two options in life:
1) get LL and grow 2-2.5 inch
2) accept to be "unhappy". after all not everyone can be happy i suppose :) i will probably not wantt to have children/wife. short father/husband is ok, but insecure father/husband is NOT ok. it is unfair whoever i will create/marry if i am insecure (but being short is ok).

also, i don't have any motivation to do anything in particular in life. i don't really have interest in helping others,being a philanthropist,being an entrepreneur. i feel no matter what i do in life, i will never be able to feel ok to stand bare-footed in a room full of people.

recently i have started following approach 2) and everything seems light and smooth for me. the difference is very interesting:
- when i was 100% sure of LL, i used to be excited and extroverted. i would have huge ups (work success, socialization) and downs(walking in the cafeteria, shorter than sooo many women :) ). now that i have slowly considered 2), i am withdrawn from everything and live like a monk, don't meet people much. people have asked me what is wrong with me. i don't have many ups and downs.

in the long run i think 2) might be bad. i will be lonely/unexcited with little career success.

the only option is to gain 2 inches in height (any more is risky,and will affect other acceptable parts of my life like money, friends, being not disabled, etc.) but i sometimes wonder if 2 inches is much at all. i see random school kids still far away from puberty towering over me. people who will be my post-LL height (5 feet 6) are ashamed of their height.

is it worth drowning myself in an emotional rollercoast, one where i expect to feel "tall" but will only feel slightly less of a "midget" ?

sorry, if this was not pleasant to read. neither is my mind right now :)

aspirant185

Re: will 2 inch even make a difference?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 04:03:31 PM »

Based on what you wrote, I think you should try to do 5 inches through 2 surgeries - 3 inches femur and 2 inches tibias. Forget about proportions, just be tall. You can reach 5'9. I am 5'9 and even though I will do 2-3 inches, I still , at my current height, feel totally fine and consider LL as a luxury and not necassatiy. So if you do 5 inches and become 5'9, you should feel much better. Start with the  3 inches femur , see how it is, u might even not wanna do more :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Keep Growing

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 04:25:29 PM »

This insecurity thing is only in your mind.
On short term I would advise you to seek psychological help (there's no shame) to boost your confidence, and then, once there are no ups and downs, you should decide what you want to do with your body.

Try this exercise: On Monday morning ''trick'' your mind into believing that you already did LL and see how you get on with your life :). It may make wonders!

Thatdude950

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

The surgery isn't for you. If you feel happy when it's a possibility, then unhappy when you forget about it, you're using it as a coping mechanism. When the surgery is done and you realise nothing has changed you'll go back into monk mode. Then to get back that sense of hope you'll convince yourself that more surgery is needed, and *then* you'll be happy. And repeat. That's not a path you wanna go down.

stanmarsh

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »

The surgery isn't for you. If you feel happy when it's a possibility, then unhappy when you forget about it, you're using it as a coping mechanism. When the surgery is done and you realise nothing has changed you'll go back into monk mode. Then to get back that sense of hope you'll convince yourself that more surgery is needed, and *then* you'll be happy. And repeat. That's not a path you wanna go down.

but its not like i complain seriously about anything else in life. ever since i was a teenager i have strongly felt my short stature. this disgusting feeling while standing barefooted among other people started after i finished growing and my peers finished growing.
 my height is the single most important thing i want to change. period. there might be feelings of "not enough" after LL, but there will certainly be genuine satisfaction at some point of increase (i bet < 4 inches).

i sometimes feel very good for an extended period of time when someone i thought was much taller seems close to my height.

i have a friend who "expands" like crazy during sleep. i literally avoid walking near him when he wakes up from sleep because it puts me down.

if i could pay money and simply buy height,i wouldn't even have asked this questino. but getting this will set me back in so many ways in life. at the end, if i just feel like i am standing on slight platform, i wonder if it is worth having so much expectations.

stanmarsh

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »

Try this exercise: On Monday morning ''trick'' your mind into believing that you already did LL and see how you get on with your life :). It may make wonders!

but i wont be taller, how do i trick my mind?

Nightwish

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 05:28:30 PM »

How tall are you exactly?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

Exactly lol. I don't get it either.

aspirant185

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »

I think it is highly hypocritical that a guy, tall just 5'4, comes to that forum, where everybody considers or has done LL, the guy passed the two tests whether LL is for him 1) he is short 2) he really really suffers about that and cannot live with himself ....and everybody tries to discourage him .... that is beyond belief..
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

ouroboros

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »

There’s no difference between a pessimist who says, “Oh, it’s hopeless, so don’t bother doing anything,” and an optimist who says, “Don’t bother doing anything, it’s going to turn out fine anyway.” Either way, nothing happens. – Yvon Chouinard

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you take full responsibility for your decisions. 

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »

And who else will going to take responsibility for his legs if not him ? I mean, he is breaking his own legs, not somebody else's legs, right ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Keep Growing

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 09:06:40 PM »

Just say to yourself that you had the surgery, believe that you had it, fake this thought, imagine...our brains cannot distinguish (that well) real life from reality. So, if you're saying to yourself that your good at something you'll start to believe it and be more relaxed and not so focused on it...pretty much the same mechanism.
This is just temporary to see how you get on so you rush into things.
All I'm saying is that you need to take this decision without being influenced by your mood. And yes, I understand how important height is for you.

aspirant185

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

Can we also imagine we have a pool house in Beverly Hills, drive a Ferrari, and date Nicole Scherzinger :))) Curious how would that work out :)
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

LLCaptain

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »

Hello stanmarsh,

I'm not recommending this, but you can do 20cm over femurs and tibias for a total of 8 inches.

Imagine going from your current height of 5'6 to a towering 6'2. Dreams come true. Also pain and complications for the rest of your life but I think it will be worth it because you'll be tall.

texasbruce

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »

I think it is highly hypocritical that a guy, tall just 5'4, comes to that forum, where everybody considers or has done LL, the guy passed the two tests whether LL is for him 1) he is short 2) he really really suffers about that and cannot live with himself ....and everybody tries to discourage him .... that is beyond belief..

Its the recent trend of this forum... a lot of discourage and negativity.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 11:32:00 PM »

8 inches will no work out well in the long run. What about doing 2-3inches on your femurs? 5'9 is a height were you should not face any rejection due to your height. Most girls will be shorter than you and around 30-35% of the young guys will be shorter than you.

Nightwish

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 12:16:11 AM »

How tall are you exactly?

Never mind, need to learn how to read posts more thoroughly ha.

Thing is at 5'4, if you do 6.5cm that's approaching 5'7 which I reckon is a totally different scenario to your current height. Yeah, it's still below average but it's in a far more normal range. Perhaps try out some lifts and see how that impacts your confidence.

And for the love of God don't even consider 20cm. As far as advice goes, that's the most fked up leg crippling advice you could ever have.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

goldenegg

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 01:39:03 AM »

it's not all in your head like some people are saying.  height discrimination is real if you're short and can affect how you feel about yourself.  I know.  If you were 5'8 or above then I'd be saying differently.   

2 inches is definitely a noticeable difference. If you get closer to 3 inches then it's a big difference. you may be still be short afterwards, but it will still be a significant improvement for your life.  you can try it out by going out with 2 inch lifts for awhile and see how it feels. 

I have a lot of respect for short folks who can accept their height without LL and lead happy lives, but if that's impossible for you then my opinion is go for it. just be sure you know what you're getting yourself into and understand the risks.

Ghostfish

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 04:25:36 AM »

Hi stanmarsh

First, I feel really for you.  Don't even bother to read any discouraging comments.  I think if you can do LL, you will be happier.  I think your goal for 2 inches is somewhat too low.  Most of LLers have done 2.5-3 inches or eve more in one segment.  If you can be at 5'7, you will be just a little shorter than average, which could be covered by 1-2 inch lift. 
Look at the photos of Iamready after 2 inches.  He looks completely different!  He was at 5'5 but now at 5'7 or a little more. So I think as long as you can afford time and money, go for ll but not over 3 inches in one segment.
Cheers!!

chineseguy

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 05:05:58 AM »

very different

TIBIKE200

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 05:44:07 AM »

Yes. Every cm is a difference. The difference is FOR YOU and not for the ones around you.
I learned some stuff during this time

Knik

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 03:37:17 PM »

Yes but i think nobody will noticed
Looking for Pili

Peaceout

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »

Yes. Every cm is a difference. The difference is FOR YOU and not for the ones around you.
This is very true.Its about how you feel about yourself.
For example when i wear my 3 cm boots i feel better about myself.I like myself more when i look at mirror.Every cm will matter and it should matter just for you..

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 01:28:25 AM »

That's a strange statement. The surgery isn't for you if you are happy when you think about the possibility of doing it? So who should do the surgery, then?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up